• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Captain Falcon Doubles discussion

lordhelmet

Smash Master
So technically is it safe to say that Ally is the best Captain Falcon player right now?

BTW I would like to say thanks to all of you for your efforts for making that video. You guys are some sick Captain Falcon players....
Ally may not have the "best" Falcon, but he is the best player that uses him, so in turn he is the most successful Falcon.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
When it comes to tournament representation, yes.

Ally is definantly the highest rated Falcon around. I'm sure there's probably someone out there who can play better, but still. If we're going by tournament ratings, Ally's the best.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm on about now not 10 years ago

although I dunno if acedude still plays but he ***** xD

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm currently an active Falcon ^_^ I participated in MLG and plan to participate in more tournaments and main only falcon :D
Well I hope you get far and learn a lot from being in MLG.
I think I'll get back on the tournament scene as well.
I think I'll be a great contribution to the Texas Smash Scene...

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
The one real issue I have with playing against other people is having patience...because it's hard to balance out how I should attack or defend/camp/wait.

Choose your spots wisely and don't always try something flashy if your trying to gimp your opponent or go for like a meteor smash...your end up gimping yourself and falling off the stage......trust me, ask olimar...lol

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
my issues was the opposite, i'm finally starting to follow up with more combos when i know they are going to work. I use to be really patient and it cost me a match at mlg because they time me out. So from there I learn not to be scare from trying combos or be aggressive with fake outs. I use to be a defensive falcon but I learn i have to use both offensive and defensive if i want to win big tournaments. So the best method is to adapt and switch around both styles. Remember falcon speed can annoying other players. I got some one annoyed in a match because they couldn't hit me so he lost the match. And use a lot of your grab releases and remember if you grab release fox in the edge is a stock.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Falcon can Shield-grab?
I always dropped it then grabbed; I thought his range was pitiful XD
(The more you know)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
His dash -> shield puts him within most character's comfort zones, and if they try to pressure you away, you can usually shield grab to punish them.

Top Bottom