• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
From top to bottom, in precise order, question marks after ones that I'm not sure about. This list is for tournament play, played by players practiced with said charecter, and is not including the power of final smashes. It is about tournament potential.

Top:
Snake (clearly)
Pit
Toon Link
Marth
R.O.B.

Upper:
Squirtle
Falco
Meta Knight
Lucario
Fox
Luigi?
Charzard

Mid:
Wolf
Shiek
Ike
Link
Pikachu?
Olimar?
Ness
Lucas
C. Falcon
Mario
Sonic?
Game and Watch

Lower:
Ganandorf
Bowser?
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Samus?
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Kirby

Bottom:
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Peach
That freaking singing puffball.
Ivysaur

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
From top to bottom, in precise order, question marks after ones that I'm not sure about. This list is for tournament play, played by players practiced with said charecter, and is not including the power of final smashes. It is about tournament potential.

Top:
Snake (clearly)
Pit
Toon Link
Marth
R.O.B.

Upper:
Squirtle
Falco
Meta Knight
Lucario
Fox
Luigi?
Charzard

Mid:
Wolf
Shiek
Ike
Link
Pikachu?
Olimar?
Ness
Lucas
C. Falcon
Mario
Sonic?
Game and Watch

Lower:
Ganandorf
Bowser?
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Samus?
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Kirby

Bottom:
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ivysaur
Wrong, G&W is above snake in the tier list.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I think the following line should be edited into the original post.

The existential proclamation bears the burden of proof.

If you say something is one way, it is your responsibility to provide arguments to support it, not ours to disprove it or correct you.

If you aren't particularly aware of ANY character's potential, then you need to study the game more before making a tier list.

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
The tier list goes like this:

Top:
G&W
Metaknight
Wolf
TL

High:
Marth
Fox
Falco

Middle:
Everyone Else

Low:
Yoshi
Ness
D3
Mario
Peach
Shiek
Link

Bottom:
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon (The Knee is harder to use)
Ganon
Bowser
So wrong. G&W may be better than he was, but he is not the best, nor top. High yes, but top no. Toon Link should not be lower than Meta or Wolf, those two are also High, with Wolf possibly being Top. Marth is Top, thats just obvious.

Dedede, is no way Low. Mario is still Middle as well as Link.

Man, would take way to long to correct all of this,

Snaaaake? Im not even touching a tier list with Diddy at the bottom.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice

Top:
Snake (clearly)
Pit
Toon Link
Marth
R.O.B.

Upper:
Squirtle
Falco
Meta Knight
Lucario
Fox
Luigi?
Charzard

Mid:
Wolf
Shiek
Ike
Link
Pikachu?
Olimar?
Ness
Lucas
C. Falcon
Mario
Sonic?
Game and Watch

Lower:
Ganandorf
Bowser?
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Samus?
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Kirby

Bottom:
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ivysaur
Im sorry this wont be close... Diddy Kong, Ivysaur, Peach, Yoshi are NOT bottom tier

Kirby, Zelda, DK are higher than low tier

Pikachu and Olimar are way higher than mid tier

Charizard is much lower than upper tier

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
So wrong. G&W may be better than he was, but he is not the best, nor top. High yes, but top no. Toon Link should not be lower than Meta or Wolf, those two are also High, with Wolf possibly being Top. Marth is Top, thats just obvious.

Dedede, is no way Low. Mario is still Middle as well as Link.

Man, would take way to long to correct all of this,

Snaaaake? Im not even touching a tier list with Diddy at the bottom.
No, Marth is not on top. Marth can be camped easily. Wolf is better than TL.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I think that probably Diddy, Pit, and MK are going to be pretty high. Olimar in the right hands is pretty amazing too, but I dunno how high he'll get. Marth will probably be close to the top, if not on top, just because of his ability to combo and fair you off the edge.

DDD is going to be insanely high, unless his infinite is banned (Which I'm sure everyone has already mentioned)

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Well, I can never play Diddy right, and I've never seen Diddy played right once. His Final Smash is great, but my list is not based off final smashes.

EDIt: I am convinced Diddy is quite bad. If an official teir list comes out, telling me how he, Jigglypuff, and Game & Watch are better than Snake, than, well, I'll think about it.

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
Well, I can never play Diddy right, and I've never seen Diddy played right once. His Final Smash is great, but mine list is not based off final smashes.
Correct, YOU can play Diddy right or seen it done right. I have. Diddy is fast, easily chain and combo his attacks with decent KO moves and the Banana are like messengers of doom.

Diddy is easily in the higher spots.

Aids_Ninja

Smash Cadet

Top:
Snake (clearly)
Pit
Toon Link
Marth
R.O.B.

Upper:
Squirtle
Falco
Meta Knight
Lucario
Fox
Luigi?
Charzard

Mid:
Wolf
Shiek
Ike
Link
Pikachu?
Olimar?
Ness
Lucas
C. Falcon
Mario
Sonic?
Game and Watch

Lower:
Ganandorf
Bowser?
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Samus?
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Kirby

Bottom:
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ivysaur
that is one of the worst tier lists i have ever seen. never post a tier list again

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Well, I can never play Diddy right, and I've never seen Diddy played right once. His Final Smash is great, but my list is not based off final smashes.

EDIt: I am convinced Diddy is quite bad. If an official teir list comes out, telling me how he, Jigglypuff, and Game & Watch are better than Snake, than, well, I'll think about it.
i dont know what your tier list is based off to be honest... perhaps the tier list when your blood alcohol content is above .15?

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Will you not turn this into a flame war? I thought we were here to post what we thought, not insult other's opinions for several posts in a row.

*retreats to snake character forums*

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
A few comments before I start.
1.) Fox is still high, he didn't drop that much.
2.) D3 is definitely high tier
3.) Kirby is probably right in the middle
4.) The most nerfed chars are prolly Samus and Falcon
5.) My tier list isn't based ENTIRELY on opinion, I've watched many matches and have played the game a long time, I have a good idea of which chars have great potential.

Marth
Toon Link
Diddy

High
Olimar
Pit
Dedede
Falco
Sheik
Wolf
Fox
Squirtle
Peach

Mid
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Lucas
Zero Suit
Snake
Ike
Sonic
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Kirby
Ivysaur
Link
Bowser
C. Falcon

Low
Pikachu
Ness
Luigi
Zelda
DK
Yoshi
Charizard
Ganon
Samus

Bottom
G&W
Wario

Did I miss any1

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
@the_judge

Game and Watch is nothing but High Tier minimum. Wario is at the Mid Tier, low at minimum.

Ganondorf is bottom, he just suffered the biggest nerf. Luigi is at the top of the middle easily and makes High tier. Pikachu is at the top of Middle.

Captain Falcon is Low at best. R.O.B. is at the top half of middle and into the High Tier. Jigglypuff is sadly down in the Low tier this game, as well as Sonic. Ike is somewhere in between middle of high to top of middle. Snake is High Tier, same with MetaKnight.

Shiek and Peach are Middle Tier this game. And you didn't place Mario who of course is still Middle.

pwnswithlucas

Smash Rookie

if you based this entire tier list off who you could play well then their are a lot errors, many ppl can play some of these characters really well

pwnswithlucas

Smash Rookie
Marth
Toon Link
Diddy

High
Olimar
Pit
Dedede
Falco
Sheik
Wolf
Fox
Squirtle
Peach

Mid
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Lucas
Zero Suit
Snake
Ike
Sonic
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Kirby
Ivysaur
Link
Bowser
C. Falcon

Low
Pikachu
Ness
Luigi
Zelda
DK
Yoshi
Charizard
Ganon
Samus

Bottom
G&W
Wario

Did I miss any1[/QUOTE]

G&W is no way bottom tier, sheik probably should be lower than that, MK ought to be higher, and CF got nerfed big time-probably low-bottom

lol this should be a quote, im not trying to take your work

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I'll have a go at this, Im probly biased towards the characters who I play most though. There is no particular order except for the groupings. The ones I'm ot sure about have "?"s.

Top:
MetaKnight
Marth
ROB
Pit
Toon Link?
DeDeDe?

High:
Game & Watch
Snake
Olimar & Pikmin
Wolf
Pikachu
Lucario?
Zero Suit Samus

Middle:
Mario
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Sonic
Ness
Lucas?
Fox
Falco?
Samus
Zelda/Sheik
Ike?
Pokemon Trainer
Link
C. Falcon

Lower:
Bowser
DK
Kirby?
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Peach?

Bottom:
Gannondorf (They nerfed him really bad)
Wario
Yoshi

ZillaB

Smash Cadet
Could someone give their input on why Ness is at the bottom of most tier lists?

He has great ariels, grabs/throws, PKT/PKT2 *****, great spike in Dair, PKF is good as well.

nickomahen

Smash Rookie
Top:
Marth
Metaknight
Diddy Kong

High:
Toon Link
Wolf
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikmin & Olimar
King DeDeDe
Pit

Middle:
Snake
Fox
Luigi
Ike
Pikachu
Sheik
R.O.B.
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Zelda
Ness
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Yoshi

Low:
Link
Sonic
Wario
Mario
Samus
Bowser
Peach

Bottom:
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
@the_judge

Game and Watch is nothing but High Tier minimum. Wario is at the Mid Tier, low at minimum.

Ganondorf is bottom, he just suffered the biggest nerf. Luigi is at the top of the middle easily and makes High tier. Pikachu is at the top of Middle.

Captain Falcon is Low at best. R.O.B. is at the top half of middle and into the High Tier. Jigglypuff is sadly down in the Low tier this game, as well as Sonic. Ike is somewhere in between middle of high to top of middle. Snake is High Tier, same with MetaKnight.

Shiek and Peach are Middle Tier this game. And you didn't place Mario who of course is still Middle.
O yeah forgot Mario, who deosn't?
Ganon got nerfed, but he is not completely horrible IMO.
I had many ?'s on Sonic, he looks about perfectly in the middle to me, in terms of potential.
Sheik and Peach I based on others lists, I don't play Sheik in Brawl.
Falcon just gained lag on his d/fair, everything else is stil alright, but his combos (which often involved L-canceling the d/fair in Melee) are gone
G&W was my low-tier char in Melee, he feels way worse to me, why is he so high in every1's lists?
I don't care for Wario, Ike, Snake, or Jiggly, but I threw Jiggly in the middle of lower mid.
R.O.B. confuses me, he looks like he sux, but I watch many vids where he wins w/o a lot of professional effort.
I kinda understand you on Pikachu and Luigi, but I think they lack the potential to fight some of the chars I placed above them.
And Lastly, as a Meta mainer, I think I could put him up, but nowhere past the space animals.

Marth
Toon Link
Diddy

High
Olimar
Pit
Dedede
Falco
Sheik
Wolf
Fox
Squirtle
Peach

Mid
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Lucas
Zero Suit
Snake
Ike
Sonic
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Kirby
Ivysaur
Link
Bowser
C. Falcon

Low
Pikachu
Ness
Luigi
Zelda
DK
Yoshi
Charizard
Ganon
Samus

Bottom
G&W
Wario

Did I miss any1
G&W is no way bottom tier, sheik probably should be lower than that, MK ought to be higher, and CF got nerfed big time-probably low-bottom

lol this should be a quote, im not trying to take your work[/QUOTE]

I might fix it with some of the comments I got.
Wow, no1 burned me on Kirby and Fox's placement.

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH HIGH G&W PLACEMENT?
I'm gonna hit the video forums and see if he looks like he should be leagues higher.
And is he does go up in my list, he is definitely not passing the space animals.

Kaa

Smash Cadet
Sad to see C. Falcon drop so low, but I completely understand why. All I can really add this thread is that a major tourney will decide all this and that Wolf seems like he has a solid position on top. I'm wondering where Ike will land.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I'm definitely bothered by Lucas' position in mosts lists. He's Upper Mid or High tier material at least. And everyone's hating on PokeTrainer.

M.K

Level 55
Here is MY take on it: (no particular order, just be tier placement)

TOP:
Toon Link
Captain Olimar
Marth

HIGH:
Diddy Kong
Snake
Luigi
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Zelda
Pit
Meta-Knight
Wolf
Fox
Lucario

MIDDLE:
Sheik
Luigi
Mr. Game and Watch
Mario
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ike
Sonic
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Kirby
Falco

LOW:
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Ness
Wario
Jigglypuff
Link
Yoshi
Peach

BOTTOM:
Ganondorf
Just my take on it, did I miss anyone?

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi is not bottom tier

Pikachu should be nowhere near bottom tier. Low-High at least.

Wolf IMO is overrated but still mid-high at LEAST (I dont feel as if he is top, I think Falco is better)

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Here is MY take on it: (no particular order, just be tier placement)

TOP:
Toon Link
Captain Olimar
Marth

HIGH:
Diddy Kong
Snake
Luigi
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Zelda
Pit
Meta-Knight
Wolf
Fox
Lucario

MIDDLE:
Sheik
Luigi
Mr. Game and Watch
Mario
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ike
Sonic
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Kirby
Falco

LOW:
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Ness
Wario
Jigglypuff
Link
Yoshi
Peach

BOTTOM:
Ganondorf
Just my take on it, did I miss anyone?
Good but Samus is too high.

Yoshi is too low... should be low-mid

Link should be a little higher

Peach should be mid

besides that looks pretty good

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I would agree with that list almost wholeheartedly, expcept for the placement of Diddy, Snake and Zelda. Maybe it's just because I haven't fought many good players using them but they don't seem THAT good.

Edit - Didididdy, Samus is actually a pretty good character. She has very nice combo potential and the grapple beam in the air, which is very long and has only regular landing lag. I might agree with moving Yoshi up, but I'd need to play more Yoshi players. I still think everything else looks good.

Double edit - I think Kirby should be placed higher. He has a powerful forward smash that comes out quick and has long range. He can also combo very well and has very nice edge guarding from what I've played. His aerials have for the most part little lag, and his recovery pretty much allows him to always make it back with the hammer and multiple jumps.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I would agree with that list almost wholeheartedly, expcept for the placement of Diddy, Snake and Zelda. Maybe it's just because I haven't fought many good players using them but they don't seem THAT good.

Edit - Didididdy, Samus is actually a pretty good character. She has very nice combo potential and the grapple beam in the air, which is very long and has only regular landing lag. I might agree with moving Yoshi up, but I'd need to play more Yoshi players. I still think everything else looks good.

Double edit - I think Kirby should be placed higher. He has a powerful forward smash that comes out quick and has long range. He can also combo very well and has very nice edge guarding from what I've played. His aerials have for the most part little lag, and his recovery pretty much allows him to always make it back with the hammer and multiple jumps.
had no idea about how good the grapple air was thanks that actually does change my opinion about her a lot she looks like she should be where she is.

Yoshi is a good character great short-hop aerials, recovery, projectile, edgeguard and what not people just use their melee anti-yoshi bias opinion and say he sucks without giving him a shot in this game

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Peach is not that bad. She definitely isn't the worst character in the game, or anywhere near that. At least mid tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom