• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yes her fsmash is still strong, and she can still WoP to and extent but that's not enough to keep her out of the bottom tier. She dies at roughly 70-80% on a very regular basis so even though her recovery is the best in the game, she has little chance to use it. As far as the dsmash goes, you should've use it more in melee as it was the best punishing tool Jiggs had to against opponents when the opportunity was not there to chase (i.e. she has to travel across the stage) because a simple spot dodge and dsmash would semi-spike anyone into oblivion. If you let Jiggs rack up damage on you than you are just plain ignorant, plain and simple (no offense). Her approach is laughable outside of pound which can be easily adjusted to and she can no longer juggle as well as she used to due to the lack of hitstun and the tiny hitbox on her uair. Rest can still be comboed in Brawl, but as you said before it won't kill until they hit at about 50-60%. If Jiggs is behind in that match that would put her at roughly 90-100% or more than likely dead. Her main weapons are gone and there's not much she can to any of the cast.
Looks like I'm going to have start maining Jigglypuff to prove her worth. I didn't want it to come to this because Ganondorf is so fun to play.

uberpownagenoob

Smash Rookie
Im going to post my opinion of the tier list, just to see what others think of it.

Top-
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Marth
Wolf

High-
Zelda
Pit
Olimar
Diddy Kong

Mid-
Gannondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario
Falco
Sonic

Low-
Link
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Samus

Very Low-
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ness
Luigi
Peach

Bottom-
Mario
Bowser
Yoshi
Captain Falcon

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
Kaizo, why are you here in this thread? If you don't think tiers matter, go to the Brawl is less balanced thread and argue there.
Lol, because I'm a troll.

Also, because I like educating people. But mostly because I'm a troll.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would move marth above Diddy and TL.
Maybe move DDD right under Pika or ICs.

Pretty **** good list though.

~Marth~
I've been debating to myself recently about marth's place in the tiers. I'm willing to move Marth above TL,(Tink sounds like some pervert) but not above Diddy. He's underrated imo.

~DDD~
I'm still not sure about DDD's position. He's doing well in tourneys, but his recovery is abysmal and I think I'm pretty confident I've figured out most of his not-so-glaring weaknesses. Later on (imo) he'll drop to mid-middle tier unless he continues to be a problem for people. So as of now, I placed him just below Olimar, which I think has the advantage over DDD.

Edit: uberpownagenoob, please destroy your fake account and leave this forum.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Im going to post my opinion of the tier list, just to see what others think of it.

Top-
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Marth
Wolf

High-
Zelda
Pit
Olimar
Diddy Kong

Mid-
Gannondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario
Falco
Sonic

Low-
Link
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Samus

Very Low-
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ness
Luigi
Peach

Bottom-
Mario
Bowser
Yoshi
Captain Falcon

Needs more Snakes

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Is there an agreement not to post tier lists anymore? Anyways, here's my updated version.

These are the more notable changes I made:
Zelda -1
Pikachu -1
Squirtle -3
Diddy +1

Here it is. Anyone notice any glaring messups? I hadn't much of a clue about Pit so I'm willing to move him anywhere as long as it's reasonable.

Top-

Snake
Snake
More Snake
MK

High-
G&W
Falco
ROB
Diddy Kong
TL
Marth
Pikachu
IC
Wolf

Mid-

Wario
Olimar
DDD
Lucario
Pit
Fox
Zelda
Kirby
Zamus
Squirtle

Below Average-

Big DK
Luigi
Ike
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Charizard

Low-

Ivysaur
Ness
Mario
Samus
Link
Sonic

Bottom-
Peach
Yoshi
Jiggs
Ganon
CF
Your 2nd and 3rd tiers are all jacked up (and I prefer the names Top, High, Upper, Mid, Low, Bottom). ROB is 4th, Marth is 5th, Falco is 6th, and TL is 7th. The first 2 have unarguable tourney results and while many may argue Falco should be under GaW, he is just now starting to gain steam in the tourney scene. Diddy, Pika, and IC have no business in the 2nd tier, Diddy shouldn't even be in the third tier either. Lucario, ZSS, Fox, Lucario, and Squirtle cannot even stand a chance in the 3rd tier. They should all be 4th tier. Personally I think my list is better, its a few pages back. I think I'll edit and repost.

JrdnS

Smash Ace

Top-
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Marth
Wolf

High-
Zelda
Pit
Olimar
Diddy Kong

Mid-
Gannondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario
Falco
Sonic

Low-
Link
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Samus

Very Low-
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ness
Luigi
Peach

Bottom-
Mario
Bowser
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
this list is terrible. how do you forget snake, metaknight, and rob. three of the best characters in the game.

Browny

Smash Hater
@ jiovanni

calm down, his tier list is fine, your opinions are worth no more than his. No need to make it out as if hes completely wrong.

IMO diddy is too high, wario, sonic and DK are too low. otherwise i think its alright

SnatchForFree

Smash Cadet
Your 2nd and 3rd tiers are all jacked up (and I prefer the names Top, High, Upper, Mid, Low, Bottom). ROB is 4th, Marth is 5th, Falco is 6th, and TL is 7th. The first 2 have unarguable tourney results and while many may argue Falco should be under GaW, he is just now starting to gain steam in the tourney scene. Diddy, Pika, and IC have no business in the 2nd tier, Diddy shouldn't even be in the third tier either. Lucario, ZSS, Fox, Lucario, and Squirtle cannot even stand a chance in the 3rd tier. They should all be 4th tier. Personally I think my list is better, its a few pages back. I think I'll edit and repost.
I Disagree. The only ones who might move up would be DDD, Olimar, and wario. DDD IMO is the only one who you can make a case for over pika diddy and IC.

Micahc

Smash Ace

Top-
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Marth
Wolf

High-
Zelda
Pit
Olimar
Diddy Kong

Mid-
Gannondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario
Falco
Sonic

Low-
Link
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Samus

Very Low-
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ness
Luigi
Peach

Bottom-
Mario
Bowser
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Well first you should have all the characters on there...

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So here's what I've been having on my mind, I've been reluctant to post it due to some people not responding to proper logic. I use a 6 tier system because it provides the most balance of separation to the characters and I actually posted this idea some time ago. So here it is (explanations at bottom):

Top Tier
Meta Knight
Snake

High Tier
Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Marth
Falco
Toon Link

Upper Tier
King Dedede
Wolf
Pikachu
Wario
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Kirby
Pit
Zelda

Middle Tier
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Fox
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Ike
PT - Squirtle
Sonic

Low Tier
Bowser
Ness
Mario
PT - Charizard
Peach
Yoshi
Samus
PT - Ivysaur
Link

Bottom Tier
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
So this is what I posted last night, but I made a few revisions. Ice Climbers moved down due to lax tournament standings and the low tier was rearranged. Sonic was moved to bottom of mid, Bowser to the top of low (honestly didn't know that I had him that low) and Squirtle was moved to low mid tier. I think this list will provide much more intelligent discussion.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
Too bad you can't even Educate.......
That's because I don't like stating the obvious or repeating myself, so I make it more interesting by flaming people :chuckle: Also some people are dense. Also this is the internet and logic<noobs apparently.

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
Don't give me that. they are really good characters that are always misjudged. Sure they have a learning curve but that is what make them good, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO USE THEM. don't judge a book by its cover. I see this all the time like when discussing Yoshi and Zelda placement. So don't play that :urg: card just cuz you need to hold your moms hand when playing as them.

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
You're an idiot. You think that diddy ike and bowser are the only things wrong with that list?

How about kirby, DDD, Peach, Squirtle, and Ice Climbers.

Plus Ike is fine there I GUESS, I think he should be evn lower.
Give me a fcking break! I was scanning, thats right SCANNING through the list rather quickly and only saw the thing that JUMPED OUT AT ME. god dam, don't nail me to a cross on one single mistake.

Don't give me that. they are really good characters that are always misjudged. Sure they have a learning curve but that is what make them good, [U]YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO USE THEM[/U]. don't judge a book by its cover. I see this all the time like when discussing Yoshi and Zelda placement. So don't play that :urg: card just cuz you need to hold your moms hand when playing as them.

Can we please just write off anyone's opinion who says crap like this? It's getting really old, espiacially when it's someone's only arguement

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
If I "don't know how to use a character", then it's your fault for not proving what the character can do. Stop posting that we don't know and play the game instead. If you come back with videos of how great your play style is, maybe I'll listen.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
That's because I don't like stating the obvious or repeating myself, so I make it more interesting by flaming people :chuckle: Also some people are dense. Also this is the internet and logic<noobs apparently.
You do realize that you're considered the dense noob here. It's a common part of denial to project peoples image of yourself onto others in an attempt to coup with your lesser standings.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Can we please just write off anyone's opinion who says crap like this? It's getting really old, espiacially when it's someone's only arguement
You see Tier list are based off of opinions. If I am good with Snake then I will put him as top tier. Favorite characters are always top tier. You can't create a tier list off pros and cons, character matchups or tournament wins.

Browny

Smash Hater
thats just ridiculous, of course it means a lot

how about characters like ice climbers, if you dont know whow to use them, people will suck. if you do know, they have potential to **** every characters in the game.

thats just ridiculous, of course it means a lot

how about characters like ice climbers, if you dont know whow to use them, people will suck. if you do know, they have potential to **** every characters in the game.
I can't play ICs for ****, yet I know that they have a lot of potential through evidence shown to me. Did I have to be good with them to know they were good? Heck no. It's a BS argument when brought up alone and even then it's not the smartest thing to say in the world, how can you deny this?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The reason captain Falcon and PT aren't ranked highly is because they aren't popular and people don't know how to use them.

Who is the founder of the SFR?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
*Giggles*

Metal you are a Co-Founder......lolz
Oh, I thought it might have been that guy with the pit avatar that suggested the whole thing. Anyway I noticed lately that a lot of the SFR have cool little signatures so I tried to add something about the SFR to mine but I couldn't really think of anything awesome.

Could you answer another question for me? Why don't they get that I am not being serious? I was thinking of making sarcastic comments until the majority finally understood that I wasn't being serious, but that may never happen. I figure after that joke tier list they would all realize that I am kidding. Maybe our first official tier list should be a joke. Then see how that goes until we post the real one.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, PT has potential, but has four learning curves in one; Squrtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and using them as a coherent team. But hey, his concept is awesome.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Everyone intelligent on this thread should make some sort of "Smash Front Room" and formulate a tier list all together.
TEAMWORK.
Ta-Da! I dunno if that makes me the "founder" though. I'd say it's a joint production between all the people in it first (NSS, Bdawg, Viers, Sonic, Metal, me).

And Captain Falcon is still surprisingly popular despite the fact that he's relatively awful.

SnatchForFree

Smash Cadet
A post has to be at least 10 characters (or letters) in length. If someone posts a short message they will often use the phrase 10 chars to add those extra letters and have more than the required 10 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom