• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Official Brawl Info Contest Thread::.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
40+?! wow 35 - 40 is more like it! and we all know Krystal is in too so both of them for double update!
The President of Nintendo (Satoura Iwata) when announcing Brawl's delay at the 2007 Nintendo Fall Press Conference mentioned characters MORE THEN "the Smash Bros. Perfection Program". Those were the only two reasons to the delay, in other words! >_< BTW, he started off making Kirby games under Sakurai, convinced Sakurai to make Brawl, used to be in charge of HAL, is close to Sakurai, and says he has a close and watchful eye on Brawl, and is probably involved with it! XD And he got Brawl it's own studio just to make this game.

Plus this is the Brawl roster we're talking about-not Melee 2.0. 35 to me is a waste of a game. Characters (balance, roster size, originality/clone balance, and whatnot) > Physics > Stages/Features > Everything else. Basically, that is Sakurai's policy, and I agree. We went up from 12 to 26 characters from SSB64 to Melee-a 14 character jump. We've got 11 newcomers. We're going to at least get around 10 veterans. That's 33 characters. Plus maybe one more veteran. As for newcomers, we're missing obvious newcomers like Krystal, Ridley, and others. Geno, Megaman, and Captain Olimar are other fan favorites, as well as create a character (NOT MOVESET!)=Miis! :)

In other words, expect a lot of characters in the roster. The latest update feels incomplete without more characters. What if Krystal and Falco are fighting together! o_O Ridley vs. the Pokémon Trainer and Lucas or something, like Bowser vs. Donkey Kong/Fox (after he probably beats Doney Kong, like with Zelda/Peach) and Diddy Kong.

That comes from the Johnknight1 and Sakurai guarentee. This isn't Melee+9, this is Melee redone with SSB64's goodness plus Brawl's obvious awsomeness to the table. We're getting all of it-together. Bigger staff (like, 14 companies AT LEAST, with about 6-8 almost completely focusing on this game), longer time (almost 3 years; it's been about 2 years, and 7 months=2 months longer in development then Melee (I think...).

It's Nintendo's almost sole focus game. This is Nintendo's make or break game. It's Nintendo's Halo, Gears of War, and BioShock COMBINED! If this doesn't have a huge roster, fans will be disappointed. The stages are clean. That's better then Melee's abominational stages. The items are better. Assist Trophies. More Pokéball Pokémon. Final Smashes/the smash ball. Trophies. Stickers. New Physics. 30+ combosers. Stage Builder. Probably 40-60 stages without stage builder. Smoother gameplay. PS3 fighter quality graphics. Indepth online, that will have little, if any lag in closeby games (within probably about 200 miles or so).

50 people from "The Studio". Probably a bit more from HAL. Almost as much from MONSTER, Game Freak, and the Pokémon Company. And SEGA, the Sonic Team, Koonami, Kojima Productions, APE, and all the other teams that worked on Melee/SSB64. And of course, any other possible 3rd, 2nd, or 1st party compaines.

In other words...MGS4 has a staff of 200 people. It is the 2nd most awaited game of 2008. Brawl is the 1st. Brawl has the help of the MGS4 staff in Kojima Productions/Koonami, and has a bigger staff, undoubtfully.

Well, I was going to guess Subspace Emissary! Darn you and your mindgames Sakurai, but thanks for a awsome update. This marks a glorious day, hopefully Hopefully today is the day of where the updates make a turn around, which this seems like a turn around move! :)

Character >>> Krystal. I'm feeling it! :) This could be the begining...of the end...of the crap! GIVE ME A F***ING CHARACTER! We're starving for it.

Sakurai's to do list IMO:

-Make online not too basic (customizable, but not too complicated): Hopefully it improves from what it seems.

-Make everything have a multiplayer option. EVERYTHING: Unsure on Classic Mode. Classic Mode should have a 2 player option. Everything else DEFINITELY WILL! :)

-Make everything multiplayer have online: Still waiting for the Subspace Emissary, Classic Mode if it gets a multiplayer, Target Test, Event Matches, and eveything that isn't a standard multiplayer.

-Create a event match: Stealth and Race things would be neat. Honestly, MASSIVE REPLAY VALUE RIGHT THERE!

-Microphone: Eventually maybe. It'd be neat, at least in Friend's Matches. And Reggie (Nintendo of America's President) said it was possible.-Megaman: PLEASE!

-Megaman: A must...Please?

-Geno: PLEASE!

Ya, I post long comments a lot! :laugh:

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
that video was ***ing cool! and i can feel C.falcon closer at every update we get......

Note:i predicted the right section! =)

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
All right, I GIVE UP. Captain Falcon will NEVER be revealed. Ever.

Monday- Item- Lightning Bolt

Iris

Smash Ace
Monday- Item- Deku nut

Tuesday- Character- Zelda's FS and/or specials.

6 month commemoration for Zelda-based updates. :p

Top Bottom