• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official " Ask Dark.Pch for video advice" Thread. Inspired by Cort

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
good ****, you beat wes? wow get ***** wes

anyawy i just saw your vid, nice use of umbrella.. reminds me of hellas

but yeah i get you now, bad days suck

dark peach though remember how you used to have a lot of mental problems with melee?

did you end up fixing those?
Yea, Gotta take the usual depression meds to keep me at ease and not so down all the time. and Cort helped me as well so I think I'm in good shape now

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok rain, here is your video advice:

You are rushing at samus blindly without thinking. and you keep running into alot of missles. You have to pay attention to what is going on.

First fight:

0:09- If you failed the first time and he caught on, why try again? switch up your stuff. When Peach is over a platform, the player, (if smart) will expect a Dsmash. So they will wait for you to do it, then punish you after like the samus did here.

0:45: When you down air like that, a Dsmash will NOT connect for her kicks dont have much knock back so they will be able to jump before you get a Dsmash in. So just Nair or dash away and let them land when they come in with an attack, then get thier azz. Always remember this with the down air coming down. this would only work with Fast fallers to get a Dsmash in.

0:52: When you are coming back, dont always try to get a hit in. Try to land safetly first. that is what is important. and if your gonna attack with a Fair like that, time it. that move is slow.

1:01: Dont float so obviously like that. The samus saw it coming and reacted with a Nair. I think you could have done a N-air as well. You could have atleast traded hits I think.

1:21: He was over you. why Dsmash O_o??? I notice every time you get scared or flinch you dsmash. that is not good my friend. You will greatly get punished for it. Just run away and get space if you must.

Overall: You dont seem to have a strategy. You just go in without thinking. Start thinking dude. In my opinion, this samus is not so hard for you to take out. You need more grabs. you Dsmash alot. the Dsmash wont really kill samus. if you was to grab her at some points, she would have been knocked out. Dash dance more, use some more turnips. be patient and use your head. You will see a big difference. And DI away from Samus when you are getting Comboed. Some combos you could have broke free.

Second match:

0:22: You really need to pay attention to what is going on and react fast That Dash attack sent her in the air. so why Dsmash when clearly you was not gonna hit Samus? In cases

2:42: Dude, he is over you, Dsmash wont hit........Pay attention >____<!!!

3:09: Dude, you gotta lay off the dash attacks. Stop rushing her like that. think, if you failed a few times, why try again O_o.

Overall: You gotta stop going into samus like that, same as the first fight. More turnips. And the last seconds of the match, you went.......into everything O_o I think your problem is that you dont know what to do.

Now my child, you have been blessed with my advice, practice and own. I wanna see a change on the 19th when I go to N.J:)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ah, Peach Vs Marth. Dont we hate this guy so much? With his Sword and cheap kills. You did well here against him. Now for your advice:

1:26: You could have throw the turnip the other way so you could have faced the stage and then grab the edge easy. Marth would have falling to his demise. This is a quick was to grab the edge. So do this alot for when you need to grab the edge fast.

2:23: NICE!!!! Way to think. Good show right there. do things like this alot, dont always go in. keep them guessing and have them scared. and you will have the upper hand. but good job here.

Overall: you did well Nice use of the turnips and aim. But you seem to at times DI into Marths attacks, dont be so eager to get a hit in. Also You Fsmash to much. and its not good as an edge guard. If Done right, you can FC to a Dair to a Nair. And you need to tone down the dash attacks. you do it too much. Get some grabs in there. You would have won the match if you had grabbed him instead of Dash attacking. other than that, Good job here. just work on what I said here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
First match:

0:15- Dude, dont ever FC that low when Falco is not near you and he is shooting lazers. You leave yourself open for ****. And doing a Fair like that? No no no my friend. Remember this for nextime

1:14- He is over you. Dsmash wont hit. Play close attention to where the characters are and stop getting so scared that you gotta Dsmash.

2:27- Dude dont Fair like that. its too slow and look what happen to you. You gotta calm down with that. worry about getting on the stage first. And if you were gonna attack like that you should have N-air him You could have at least traded hits.

3:17- Why in blue hell would you throw the bomb up in the air like that? O_o and if you were planing for him to go into it, he just came back so he is invincible for a few seconds. the bomb is not gonna hurt him.

Overall- You need to learn how to fight falco. You dont know how do you? Float Over his lazers. In this fight the air is your friend. Learn how to use your FC techs well in the air. Dont Fsmash.....................when he is not near you. you getting punished for it. cool out with that. This Falco was not all that hard imo. You could have beaten him if you knew how to handle falco. Peach is really Falcos true counter.

Second fight-

0:12- dude, He was not near you for you to Dsmash and you ate a lazer to the face. pay more attention to whats going on in the match then worry about useing an attack to land so bad

0:17- Done dsmash when characters jump in the air like that or with the Dsmash does not have the range to get the character.

0:32- Stop doing that, its too risky and if you miss your azz is done for.

1:14- Dude right here you could have got another dsmash in and spiked him or you could have FC>D-air>N-air and kiss falco goodbye.

1:41- dude stop doing that. FC that move. and you dont even L-cancel it. your gonna get punished alot if you keep that up.

1:43- dont ever pick up a turnip that close to someone ever again.

2:17- Dude once again. he is over you. think and pay more attention. Dsmash is not gonna connect.

Overall- you got lucky when he killed himself twice.. You Dsmash a lil 2 much. Gotta stop that. Learn to powersheild. it messes up falco. And pay more attention to whats going on and have a good eye. i think you dont pay much mind to whats happening around the battlefield.

Third fight:

1:09: He is over you. STOP IT!!! >_____<!!!!

Overall- Same as before man. and i also noticed you F-B alot. Stop doing that. Learn how to fight falco better. Watch peach vs Falco vids of pros or good players like me ;) I dont think i seen you grab once. But the way you were playing, there was no way you were gonna get a grab in at all. And you dsmash way to much. So lay off it. I know its like a drug but there is rehab for it;)

Also you dont dash dance or wave dash at all. you just charge at your enemy. Look at the difference between how your enemy moves and goes to you and compare it to yourself. you are easy to read and thats not good. Work on all of this and you will be fine soon. practice makes perfect. Any more questions come to me. I'll share my Peachy secrects free of charge ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well Now your good to go;)

I'll play you and show you some stuff at ToS. I wanna play that other guy too.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
can you please tell me when is the right time to use her bomber?
There is 2 ways I use it.

One way is on cornaria. At the right side of the ship where the wall is. I back throw or Fthrow then do a Bomber. Most people will tech off the wall. then I hit them with it. and if they dont I still hit them.

Another way is only good against fast fallers. Chain grab them to a certain %. Then when they DI away you can catch them with the move. But they have to DI or it wont work

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Besides Mute City what are some good stages to counterpick as Peach? What about against a Falco? What about a Fox? What about a Link? Why are these stages good choices?

And what stages does Peach do the worse at? Why are these stages bad for Peach?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Besides Mute City what are some good stages to counterpick as Peach? What about against a Falco? What about a Fox? What about a Link? Why are these stages good choices?

And what stages does Peach do the worse at? Why are these stages bad for Peach?
To answer your questions in the order you asked:

Depends on who you are fighting. But her good stages are mute city, brinstar, DL64, KJ64 and at times, rainbow cruise.

Brinstar

Brinstar

Brinstar Satges that make it hard for hin to grab the edge. KJ64 is a good one. He cant hook shot there. His recover has to be on poin and you live longer on that stage. its big.

Because Fox and Falco are Fastfallers. So when they hit the acid, it will be hard for them to escape it, cause they will fall right back in. And the cant recover back to the stage well. So its not that hard to kepp them out. and I already explained about KJ64 and link

It depends on who she is fighting. but these stages are not bad for Peach at all. She owns on this stages.

oh ok thanks you are so perfect
No not really ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would not know. I dont pay attention to stuff like that. I pay more attention to my Peach in general.

But I guess it would be Vidjo, Wife, Sastopher, Cort and Xelic. this is my opinion

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I Dont fight that many characters to do it against. And its too risky Though since I play random I think I can pull it off a few times here and there.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You have alot of common habits that you need to fix.

0:08: Instead of a N-air you could have Spaced a Fair and he would have been ended.

0:14: the start of this lil combo you DI too him the whole time. Dont do that. next time DI away. And the Upsmash you DID DI it. if not you would have died.

0:36-0:37: Dont do that move so close and bold like that. its slow and leaves you open. if anything do a N-air that close.

1:09: Right after the turnip hit him you could have done a Fair or Nair. Remember this for next time

Overall- This fox was not all the great. If you face a decent fox you will see a big difference in the struggle of Peach Vs Fox. You roll alot. it leaves you open and makes you obvious. A smart player would just make you flinch and you right right to them.

I dont see you dash dance or even wavedash. You just rush in. You cant just do that. you have to confuse your opponents. you make yourself easy to read.

Dont FC at a distance coming to your enemy. you make yourself obvious and open for a hit.

Jab more. Use jabs when close to your enemy when you need to do something fast. it also stops them dead in thier tracks.

You seem to like to FC alot. so here are some FC stuff as well as some advance tricks. But you gotta get use to the basic FC stuff first before you can go advance.

Basic Peach combo, turnip to FC Fair. You can also FC to N-air after you throw it. Or mindgame the person and land and grab them quickly. If they block your F-air, if you spaced it well, you can abuse the shield stun and grab them. here is a list of what you can do

FC > Fair

FC > Nair

FC > Dair > Nair.

FC > Dair > Uair.

FC > Dair >Fair. Its hard to pull off you have to time it

now if they shield.......

FC >Nair > Dsmash

FC > Dair > Dsmash

FC > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Dsmash (eats I belive half of thier shield if they block it all. the Downsmash might hit though.)

You can also jab to a grab or jab to a Dsmash after these FC combos. You can do half of the combo and Jab to grab or Dsmash. Mix it up to keep your enemy guess. these can work with turnips too

FC>Fair>turnip> Jab or grab or Dsmash

Dont throw the turnip in the air. after you FC>Fair, fast fall and throw it. then follow up whith what ever you feel is best like a jab, grab, dsmash etc. but mix it up. Dont always do the same thing. that way they wont know what to expect. And then when you do something, it will most likey work cause the player cant really guuess what you will do unless they get lucky with a guess.

You can practice these combos in training mode. But some of them wont work if you dont space yourself when you do them. Spaceing is very important. it makes it harder for people to punish you out of the shield or in general. Even if you make a mistake.

If you ever fight a Marth be very careful with your FC. Marths air game is better that yours and his sword can shot you down easy. Wait till he throws an attack or grab. then follow up with some FC tech if in the air and be fast about it. if not dash attack or grab. mixed it up. thats important. Marths will expect dash attacks. so play it smart and dont give them what they think will happen.

also when you get better with the FC stuff I said you can do, you can mix it with the pillar. ( If you know what that is) If you dont know then look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIG6_zRQfc

XIF does it to this luigi alot. You can also do it to pressure thier shield. Jab-Nair-Jab-Nair ~~~. You have to be fast. it takes practice. thats something advance though.

To pillar well you need to have decent or perfect control of FC. I say learn that list of things I gave you first.Bug out in training mode with it. Feel confortable with it. To a point is second Nature. You can do some of it out the shield too.

You can mix and match the list too. some things I said to last you can do first. and vise versa. just play around and make up your own bag of trick. thats where the mindgames come in. then once you got the hang of it own your friends with it. Bet they will come on smashboards and make a thread asking how to beat Peach;) Once you have it down pakced you already have control over Peach

you can also jab to Dtilt. You have to space your Jab though. You can do it after a FC> Fair if you space it and they block. The Dtilt has more range then Dsmash. and it can stab the sheild. And it leads to combos. Great move to use so try it sometimes. The move is not as fast as the Dsmash so space yourself.

Well thats about all the advice I have for you sure. Just remembe all of this and pratice it. and dont worry if you dont get it the first few times. it's all about practice. it takes time. but trust me, you will see an improvement.:)

THIS POST IS WHAT YOU CALL OVERKILL!!! XD!!!

Katrina Love

Smash Cadet
Nice going Dark. you are helping alot of players with your advice. Its well detailed. Your doing good. Keep it up. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Bravo Shakugan. you got better indeed. You used my advice well that I gave you before.

First fight:

1:19: Nice, simply beautiful. Dair to a grab. Good that you did that. Dsmash is not always the best and only choice after you hit with a Dair.

1:47: There we go. bluff them then follow up with something quick. Good Work.

Overall- Not bad, could have been better if you not go crazy with the SD's. To grab the edge fast grab a turnip, run to the edge and throw it the other way. That way you are facing the stage and can just grab the edge. Start doing that more. You could have ended sheik long ago if you had done this.

Second fight:

Nice Match. You need to work on those edgeguards. Do that Cheap edgeguard I told you about with sheik. Attack out of your sheild more. Like with Nair or Bair.

Third fight:

0:32: Dont edgegaurd like that. Back air him.

1:33: You could have just chained grabbed him.

Overall- Those Upsmash edgeguards wont work unless your good at timing. and even if you would have hit him, He would have not died cause that ceiling in that stage is high. Back air him and thats it, Falco is done. You also seem to rush alot at Both falco and sheik. You need to tone that down. Chain grab fast fallersa when the time comes. Dont just F-throw them or Dthrow them.

But you improved. Good work.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Shakugan-

You trying to kill me? O_o But I have a job to do so one with if......kids these days .______.

Marth:
First fight-

0:17: Dont ever down air that low to Marth like that, or that close even. Best to Just N-air, comes out faster

1:18: Back air right here would have done the trick.

Overall. You need to stop rolling and attack out of the sheild more. Also stop rushing at Marth. one of the worst things a Peach can do. You have to take it slow. And use losts of turnips. Turnips from far, fight off when near. And stop recovering near Marth. Recover away from him.

Second fight-

0:39- You could have claped Marth with an Upsmash or and air attack

When you lost your second stock- Stop recovering near him trying to get a hit off him. Get away from him and screw trying to hit him while you are trying to land

4:39; All you had to do was jump and throw the turnip the other way so you are facing the stage and you could have just grab the edge, and Marth would have been done.

4:43: you showing off and being fancey and look what happen instead of making sure he does not return......

Over all- You need to learn how to use your turnips the smart way. And use tmeh more period againt Marth. You rolling is gonna cost you alot against Him. Thats what they wait for
Work on those edgegaurds, when he is out of the stage, turnip spam him. And reverse throw to grab the edge faster in the air with a turnip.

Third fight-

Your first stock- See what you get for rushing at Marth? And you DI'ing to him got you spike.

Overall- Same as the same 2 fights. One time you Dthrow Marth and you did nothing at all. Upsmash him or do an air attack. You rush him, cut that down. Your Movements are kinda easy to see. Stop rolling so much and attack out ofthe sheild more. Edgeuard better. I told you many ways to do it. So Use them. Stop recovering near Marth to get a hit of. Land first and screw trying to get an attack off. I suggest you dash dance more. I dont see you do that very much. And this Marth baits you alot. thats not good. I wanna play this guy Just to show you How its done.

The other 2 matches with Sheik and Samus I'll do them later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary-

You did improve. guess my advice that I gave you before help you out. Your FC is better and you think a lil more. An dont worry about marth. its a gay fight. It's cool if you lose to him.

0:09-Dont edgeguard him like that. Ether crack him with a turnip or back air him. Your just grab the edge.

0;14: Dont back air so obvious like that or any FC attack.

0:25: Instead of rooling you could have back air out of the sheild. Attack out of the sheild more. its very useful instead of rolling in some cases

0:47: Nice!!! Upsmash if too good I love that move ;)

1:09: Here you could have cracked him with a turnip, Back air him or Grab the edge. The quickestway to grab the edge is to just Grab a turnip. Run to the stage and jump. Then throw the turnip in the other direction and grab the edge. Add this to your game and try it. Very useful my friend :)

2:42: A time Where you could have attacked out of the sheild with a Back air and nothing he could have done about it

Overall- Not bad. You improved indeed. When Recovering to the stage, do it away from Marth and dont try to get an attack in. It wont work Large % of the time. Work on your edge guards on Marth. Back air works well. turnips too. If he is coming from below, throw a turnip Down to turnip spike him. Other edge guard tricks is to wave dash off the stage to a back air. Tuff at First but you will get the hang of it.

Work on how you move. Dashdash more to keep your enemy confused on what you are about to do. Makes it hard for them to read you.

Your FC improved but stiil needs some work. Just look at the first post I gave to you on it. Also check out the turnip guide for good uses of turnips. That can help you alot. I say review the stickys are ound here and put them to good use.

But you improved boy, good show

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok my children, I have not forgotten about the people who ask for advice. its just that this site has been acting up and messes up when I post advice. I will take a look at your videos on monday after I come from Pound three and you shall get your advice. The first page has been updated with mu personal advice. So have a look there. And if you wish to add more vids while I am gone, feel free to do so, and i'll get through them all. Thank you for using this thread and waiting :)

Top Bottom