• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Chip Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
i dunno there's a girl named shontae that works with me at BK and said a guy named CHIP is her cousin and plays smashs beat me

Chip.

you know what to do
No.
The maximum hits you could get with young Link's Dair is about 3-4, with a Fire Spike at the tail end of the combo.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to post my reply to this. But the server kept being extremely laggy, so I gave up. What I was saying is, that in all the matches, I saw an attempt at showing off (to some extent) And I saw many unnecessary movements, those are the flaws I pinpointed from the start. The marth vs ylink match was seeming to go well, until the stage changed... Well, sorry if I offended you or something.
Do you mind checking out my vids and giving me some advice as to how I can improve my Y. Link?

Bowyer (Y. Link) v Scotu (Roy)
Bowyer (Y. Link) v Ankoku (Peach)
Bowyer (Y. Link) v Scotu (Marth)

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Idk if any of you are good at stuff like this, but... doubles tournaments? I'm entering my first one tomorrow, so it'd help if any of you could give some general advice. My partner will be ice climbers. We're hoping the randomness factor of our team will be enough to overload our opponents. Hardly anyone in the tournament has experience against either character. Ice climbers is just generally gonna use his super fast wavedash to completely wavesmash everyone. Its actually a really surprising tactic because people don't expect such speed from the ice climbers. And I'm Y. Link cause well, I'm really not proficient with any other character. Some advice for a game plan and general team tactics would be appreciated, particularly against a Marth Marth team, since we hear the best people there will use that combo.

Top Bottom