• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex Housing Thread

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone is starting to book hotel rooms/figure out where to stay for Apex, I thought it would be helpful to organize a list of who is staying where so people can see where space is available. If everyone posts where they are staying and who is staying with them I will consolidate it into the format below. I can also add more specific locations if the hosts want to provide them.

HOTEL (AT VENUE)
Jimmy Joe Room #1
  1. Jimmy Joe
  2. Greginator
  3. Clubba
  4. Sensei
  5. Shears
Jimmy Joe Room #2
  1. Killer
  2. Pete
  3. Jerry
  4. Tom Jones
  5. Tom Bombadil
Karajan Room #1
  1. Ruoka Danchon
  2. Moyashi
  3. Boomfan
Karajan Room #2
  1. Karajan
  2. Capitan Tavo
  3. Fireblaster
SoCal Room
  1. sawamular
  2. SoCal Player #2
  3. SoCal Player #3
KnitePhox Room
  1. KnitePhox
  2. ComboBlaze
  3. Komo
  4. bloodpeach?
  5. tacos
OTHER
Bloodpeach's place - Philadelphia
  1. bloodpeach
  2. near
  3. hipstur
  4. dexter
  5. tacos
  6. pete +1
  7. knitephox
  8. komo
  9. combo
  10. solo
Weedwack's place - New Jersey
  1. Weedwack
  2. MrMarbles
  3. breakthrough
  4. banze
  5. SheerMadness?
  6. Mariguas
  7. TiroLargo?
  8. JaimeHR
  9. Dexter?
  10. Tavo

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Is jimmyjoe for sure getting hotel rooms this year? Haven't seen him personally post about it.

If so is he getting them at the venue?

BTW jimmyjoe was insanely generous with those hotel rooms last year. Anyone who stays with him better chip in a fair share.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Jimmyjoe has two hotel rooms already booked at the venue. I believe he is looking for people to fill spots - shoot him a PM if you're interested.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Whats up fellas,
Haven't been active on the boards lately but i spoke to greg today about him making this thread for us. Two rooms are booked for Friday/Saturday. I'm thinking about a third hotel room if necessary, and one of the rooms for Sunday night as well since some people flying in will probably want to save money on their flight by returning Monday as opposed to Sunday.

The rooms are affordable and on site which is really cool. I'm going to front all of the money for the rooms and those who are really broke, or paying for an expensive plane ticket are welcome to crash. If you can afford to chip in that would be greatly appreciated. Last year people kicked back a bunch of the cost so thanks, and I definitely intend on making this an annual thing since it's been so great so far. If you need/want in, let me know here or pm me.

May Hyrule return,
JJ

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Very interested. The possibility of no hotel room on Sunday would be an issue, but maybe I could stay with weedwack on sunday only or something.

Weedwack is the man (he helped me a ton last apex) but I'd obviously rather stay AT the venue if possible.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Cool ! I would like to stay at the Venue but only if there is room available at the time. I rather make sure to get everything settle with Weedwack, I'll be carrying big bags since I will stay for two weeks after.

Have to talk to you about dates later weedwack ! =] and thanks in advance

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm in for Jimmy Joe room NUMBER ONE. I will chip in like Lays.

I hate cinnamon.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I'm not fussy as long as my friend and I have somewhere to stay for the weekend

We're more than happy to chip in where ever we stay

I'll do some organising this weekend so I can confirm the most convenient location for us sooner rather than later

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I'll have 2 Japanese players and 1 Canadian player in my room

Sedda

Smash Champion
Fully expecting at least one impossible combo from a match with ssbpete to be posted around Apex time. Don't let me down

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Hey guys, three of us will be flying in from SoCal this year strictly for smash 64. We're not really known in the community but we've been playing for a very long time and love the game. We're going to get a hotel room for the nights of the convention, but we'd love a chance to play friendlies with you guys before/during/after the tournament.

I figured since we don't know anyone, here would be a good place to start!
hey welcome! i'm also gonna be flying in from Florida so i'm sure we can play. If you are into smash 64 then you are pretty much automatically friends with everyone here by association lol so you will be able to play lots of friendlies no doubt

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm helping tavo get a visa. The process should be over at the end of the month. If he comes he'll be staying with me, so i will probably get another room for the weekend. If fire and sensei help me with driving and translating they can stay in that room. so,

ppl in rooms:
me, canadian, peruvian, japanese (2+), sensei? fire?

OH and since im giving all these guys housing, does anyone want to make donations to tavo et al for their travel costs? in person obviously, no one should front money to anyone.

Maybe we can have a capitan falcon only tournament the thursday at my house. Stranded u should come to that. Hyrule only. Nintendude banned.

Laying down the rules for my hotel rooms:
No melee players allowed.
No, you cant sleep there.
Isai's girlfriend is not allowed.

Isai is banned from hotel/house too, unless he
1) drinks a few beer with me
2) goes hiking with me OR does something else which i'll tell him about if he asks.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
I'm likely to bring Mariguas/Tirolargo with me (and Maybe Dext3r too if he doesn't pull off visa johns) to Apex2014, anyone willing to house the 3 of us???
Ill house you guys, and tavo as well if he comes.

aaaaand thats capacity.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So when is karajan gonna spill the beans on these japanese players?

I want jousuke and the japanese falcon that choked vs jousuke.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Updated the first post.

House/room owners - let me know if any of this needs to be changed. Sounds like in some cases players are being claimed without them actually committing.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I'm likely to bring Mariguas/Tirolargo with me (and Maybe Dext3r too if he doesn't pull off visa johns) to Apex2014, anyone willing to house the 3 of us???
I'm having a secret smash fest at my place in NJ Wednesday and Thursday before the tournament. You guys can sleep there those nights

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ill also have a hotel room for the first 2 nights of the tournament

so far id assume myself combo komo and possibly bloodpeach are in there

got some floor room :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Lookin' for a room. I'd offer to you Karajan if you have your KB to n64 adapter, would be interesting to play the top players.

But you posted people could not sleep there, wat.

Or Jimmy Joe's room 2 if there is no room wut.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i should be buying my plane ticket, along with registration, sometime this week. I'd be staying with Blood<3Peach =D excited for my first apex, it will be a good event to celebrate 1 full year of playing on Kaillera!

#hipsturconfirmed
#daddy$hype

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Pete, I know the name 'Clubba' comes with that legendary aura that can't be explained with words, but really I'm a regular guy just like you!

Top Bottom