• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Past Stages Discussion

Ben the ultimate

Smash Apprentice
There will probably be the Yoshi's Story from SSBM, Mute City, Peach's Castle from SSBM, Great Bay, Brinstar Depths, Corneria and the Mushroom Kingdom Stages.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I would love it if Hyrule Castle and Saffron City from SSB returned. I played SSB for the first time in a few years the other day, and it so nostalgic!

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Though Hyrule is near useless in competitve play (campers anyone?) it's still a blast to run into the basement with your friends in a 4 man melee and tech off the walls. That's what I like most about Hyrule. There is a ceiling and walls. I hope that this idea will be expanded in brawl. Because while open air stages are fun, nothing is more fun that being blasted away at 350% and teching off the ceiling.
All Jigglypuff using only Rest Super Sudden Death 20 stock matches at Hyrule FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see Dreamland64 and FoD(Best music) because they're my two favorite stages. Also I hope one of the DK stages have DK rap and not glitchy edges so I'll play it more often.

SmashWhammy

Smash Cadet
Battlefield (from melee) is already available (it is probably the first stage confirmed on SSBDojo)

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
From 64 Im hoping for Hyrule Castle, Peach' castle (with ability to grab the edge..), and Dreamland 64, Kongo Jungle, and the stage where you fight Metal Mario
From the melee versoin I want Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium (maybe with more fields), Temple

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hope that they take all the 3 platform stages, and update the look, not change the theme, but make it prettier.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My returning past stages wish list [minimalized...if it was up to me all of them would return!] Please note I added a several extra, and I have really high hopes [and somewat high expectations].

SSB64:

-Hyrule Castle: Probably the most popular SSB64 stage. It rocks. EXPECTED

-Dreamland 64: Awsome neutral stage! :) EXPECTED

-Congo Jungle: It rocks, it is fun, it is crazy, and wat is not to love=??? Possible

-Peach's Castle: C'mon, how is this stage not awsome=??? Possible

Melee:

-Mute City: Well it's original, awsome, and do I need to say anything else=??? Probably

-Rainbow Crusie: C'mon, who doesn't love this stage=??? Probably

-Hyrule Temple: I know it's big [wayyyy tooo big], but it's a good stage [though it should be 3 or 4 seperate stages or something like that]. DEATH TO CAMPERS! :) Probably

-Corneria: Since I'm not sure if they'll make another stage similar to this stage [again], I see it returning. Even if they do, it would still be neat for it to return! :) Redone=EXPECTED, returning Plausible.

-Yoshi's Story: Another awsome nuetral stage, YIPEE! :) Returning/Redone: Expected

-Kongo Junle: This stage........ROCKS!!!! Keep another stage for the Country! [Donkey Kong Country] :) Plausible

-Princess Peach's Castle: I smell a remake, but if it returned, it would be nice [minus the campers]. Plausible

-Pokemon Stadium: Okay, Pokemon Colliseum [or so we call it] may replace it, but how cool would it be if it returned=??? It's probably not going to happen, however. :( Redone/copied off=confirmed, returning=NOT IMPOSSIBLE

-Battlefield: Same old background. Plausible returning [confirmed redone].

-FD: Same old background, or redone [preferably], or best off both. :) Returning=probable, Remade=EXPECTED, both=Possible [here's to hoping].

So ya! [I'm a little hopeful, butI doube we'll get this many, though we could get around half or 3/4th's as many returning stages] :)

nuro

Smash Lord
Well, we have already seen Pokemon stadium return for brawl although I think when the stage changes it will be different environments than what was in ssbm. As for other ssbm stages I will just randomly say they will add a new pokefloats with different pokemon, Brainstar as a returning, and Fountain of Dreams.

Battlefield is coming back (obviously) so I think its safe to assume we will get FD back as well. Although I did see a pic of battlefield with no platforms in trailer 1. Maybe instead of adding another stage there is an option to take platforms on or off on battlefield?

I think all past ssb stages should get a upgrade. Hyrule Castle is a must for returning ssb64 stages since it was by far the most popular stage in ssb64 and I hope they update it with better graphics and different music. I think the Pokemon stage should also come back but I don't think it should be exactly like the 64 version instead different new pokemon pop out of the elevator. Finally I would have to Mushroom Kingdom (the secret stage) because of the unique level design. Although I hate the fact that Mushroom Kingdom had no edges on the sides which caused annoying people camping and waiting to throw you back off the stage.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Man, what's with all the ridiculous amounts of love for the Kirby N64 stage? I mean, sure, it's a nice neutral stage, but we arealdy got this stage...

...with normal edges and a temple background. Kirby N64, unless you really like Whispy, would just be more of the same level rather than something completely different. I'm fine with the battlefield layout, but I don't see why we'd need it over something like Hyrule Castle, Saffron City or Mushroom Kingdom.

But the battlefield layout sure isn't going anywhere.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
the best would probably be just having every past stage in, that way everyone can be happy. But that probably won't happen.

And the IC stage in melee is (IMO) the worst stage ever.
I agree EVERY STAGE EVER

(will probably never happen :()

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Big Blue and Pokefloats need to be in, every 64 stage [minus the ones that were remade in melee, assuming those are going to be in] needs to be in, the 64 stages were always fun.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'll bet that all past stages (and axed characters) will become available as downloadable content. Nintendo knows free money when they see it. lol, you know you'd buy everything too, as would I.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'd love to see the Zelda stage from 64 come back. Y'know, the one with the tornado?
As for returning stages from Melee I'd like to see Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, and Venom. I think those are my favorites.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a version of the Sector Z/ Corneria stage, as well as a Mushroom Kingdom stage. Hyrule Temple seems like a classic, and so does the Brinstar stage, so I wouldn't mind seeing them re-done or put in as a classic stage.

I am really anxious to see what kind of stages they will make for Bowser and Wario.

Darkurai

Smash Master
64 Stages
Hyrule Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Yoshi's Story

Melee Stages
Big Blue
Temple
Onett

Scorpi0n1386

Smash Rookie
Let's see here

Super Smash Brothers Stages

Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Sector Z

Super Smash Bros. Melee Stages

Hyrule Temple
Fourside
Corneria
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths
Peach's Castle
Mute City

I hope that they will bring those stages back.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see every stage available as unlockable when you meet certain conditions. I know that's a lot of conditions Nintendo have to develop, but it would be really great. Perhaps doing target test really quickly could unlock a different stage for each character, or something. It would be a nice touch to have all that nostalgia and it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Also it would keep the players working for a very long time to unlock everything.

B.A.R.S

Smash Cadet
one stage i really hope that they keep is my favorite stage which is dreamland 64. Its like the perfect platformer stage.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Im my opinion, the stages that should come back are:

1. Corneria - obvious classic being in both.
2. Princess Peach's Castle - should stay, be Peach's home turf, nostalgia factor
3. Great Bay - just a fun stage to play on
4. Fountain of Dreams - toruney legal stage, thoguh colorful, very fun to play on
5. Hyrule temple - my fav stage, not cuz im a n00b, just that it's fun with 4 players
6. Super Mario World Stage (aka Yoshi's Island) - with a few chnages like the right cliff, it could be great
7. Green Greens or Dream Land 64 - with some cahnges, this could be Kirby's "home turf"
8. Fourside - the better of the 2 EarthBound stages in my opinion, it has a nostaliga factor, and it's just one hell ofa good stage
9. The Originial Zelda Stage from N64
10. Mute City - with modifications

XACE-K

Smash Master
From SSB, I want Hyrule Castle, Dreamland, and Saffron City. From Melee I want Corneria, Peach's Castle and Onett( I guess ).

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
What I'd like to see:

From 64:
Saffron City
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Mushroom Kingdom (because it had working pipes)

From Melee:
Pokemon Stadium (to go along with PS 2)
Big Blue
Yoshi's Island (the one that looks like SMW)
Flat Zone (I can't really say why.. I just want it back, though I rarely play it)
Great Bay
Jungle Japes? (the treehouse)

10 seems like a lot, but there's also a number of good stages from the first two installments, obviously.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
From SSB:
Congo Jungle
Saffron City

From SSBM:
Hyrule Temple
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Mushroom Kingdom
Brinstar Depths
Big Blue

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
SSB:
Hyrule Temple,
Mushroom Kingdom
SSBM:
Corneria,
Peach's Castle,
and Final Destination in some form

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Well for the stages that I actually remember, I would want Hyrule Castle to be there with the sweet tornado on the course. Also Saffron City with all the pokemon popping out of the wall. Dream Land 64 was always my favorite course on the N64 version, and it's one of my favorites on melee.

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros.
Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, and Peach's Castle

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Hyrule Temple, FoD, Final Destination, Flat Zone, and Big Blue

Draquoir

Smash Cadet
Icicle Mountain and Rainbow Cruise. Motion sickness is your friend.

You know you got to have that mushroom kingdom.

Top Bottom