• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
ya Q but it was 18 kool kids..and we had fun...why would it matter how many people entered?

u cant have fun unless mass amounts of people enter the tourney?

Mav

Furries For The Win
Not for everyone. Some people go for the love of the game. Not everyone is garenteed a shot at winning. Some people go to test to see how better they've gotten. Or to try to take out the big names. There's more to tournies then just winning cash.

SuperPete

Banned via Administration
lololololol i play this game to have fun and lose money. give me a break. people go to tournies cuz they want to win money. they may know they arent gonna win. but, they go to get better so they can be better and win money.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I might or might not agree with that. Maybe one day they see themselves winning money in the future, but for those who go when they know they can't win money, they go to learn and have fun.

SuperPete

they goto learn exactly. what are they trying to learn? the game. so they can get better and win. look at fenrir. he has to rely on counter picking stages and charcaters to win lololololol jk fenrir.

Fenrir's favorite stage is Jungle Japes....Dk Vs Shiek...heh heh

Mav

Furries For The Win
Having knowledge on what character counters what and what stage is best to play vs who helps your chances of winning, so why not do it?

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
i mean mayb im taking this wrong...but from what i see that queen said...if a tourney has 40 people in it
and its a 5 dollar entrance fee...he wouldnt go....but if its the same 40 people and a 20 dollar entraance fee then he would go...

SuperPete

yea but he learned that by going to tournies and losing over and over again. Im not saying he sux. He does what he has to do to win. which is what this game is all about.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm to the point in SSBM where I play more to win!!!

So of course I like going to tourneys for fun....but I'd rather go to a tourney with lots of good comp and money, than one with only one of those!!!

:colorful:

EDIT: Another factor is the fact that during the school year my parents don't like me to attend too many tourneys....so I have to pick and choose the ones I'd like best!!!

It doesn't help that pretty much all FL tourneys are 2 to 3 hours away and I don't have my own car yet!!!

>_>

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
i understand queen...nothing against u , u seem like a kool kid...and i can live with the fact that smash brings people together for different reasons...but saying u didnt have a ride to a tourney would sound much nicer then saying u guys wherent donating enough money for me to win...=)

edit- ah so the truth come out =)

haha its kool bro i understand that completely...

co_and_me

Smash Lord
ITs still funny to me that people think xif is better than exarch at all. Xif much love I havent beat you yet but exarch is a better peach. I dont think you are garb but its like good and better. Anyway i know that was kinda a few post back. Yeah exarch gave up caring about singles after teams was over. I go to tournies for the fun and experience. Its part of both. The winnings i have made (which isnt a whole lot) just pays for my having fun with cool guys who play a great game. Most evryone who plays smash is cool. Thats why i like the tournies.

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
I dont care what you really think concerning who the best peach is since this is the internet I just love when everyone says Exarch because (im not sure whos better becuase if never even really gotten to see exarch play outside of teams) it drives XIF crazy because he wants to be the best so bad and really thinks he is. ROCK AND QUEEN ARE BIASED

NBPcee

Smash Cadet
Man Rock and Queen are so biased they have to pay there pillows to sleep with them

think about it....

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
mike: not being the best doesnt drive me crazy persay, its when exarch places high in a small tournament and people go on and on how beast he is.

He did place fairly high at i think INN3, so i give him props for that.

not to say exarch is worse than me or anything. I think we're even, and lambchops agrees after playing both of us. The only real difference is that i know a bit more character match ups than he does. he still owns more against fox than I do.

EDIT:

i forgot, exarch is the official omega chuck of 06.

he ownz me =(

Arash

Smash Lord
im sorry FL if i got anyone's hopes up in me going to FL. Seems like i have decided to stay in cali for 2 months for california tournaments and just chillin with ken + mancloud. Just letting everyone know im not going =(, maybe some other time...

THIS IZ CHUDATZ

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
aww no chudatz... too bad for us

Yep yep... Xif is right about many things:
Flowin quitting smash?? WTF
"pwndizzle" IS, in fact, pwndizzle
and as the official omega chuck '06 well, he's right about what he said.
He's better vs Falco than I though...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wtf...Flowin..thats not funny! Oh, I understand what your trying to do..your trying to hype us up into thinking your not quitting for no reason. Well your not gonna quit Flowin...right....your not gonna quit =(.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Flowin is just talking caca.

Chu: Too bad you cant make it.

Doodah: Glad I'm important enough in your life for you to take the time to make a Board name that singles me out. = P

Nite

Smash Champion
Exarch did place pretty high at INN 3, I believe it was 5th. that was some good stuff man. I helped you find your Falco counterpick stage. We had a crazy tournament match! Whoa that was fun!

Flowin- If you quit, it would break my Falco's heart. You can't do that, you are too good. Just look at the cool avatar I'm using that Nj'sFinest made.

HeyWhatsUp

Sorry Mav, Sighrax made that name. No it was me heh heh no more caca lets just be coo.

HeyWhatsUp

For the love of God take XIF off the first page in the stastics. Synikal has better placings than he does and so does FoxHound and myself.

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
1dah man and nbp i have started a thred in idaho for us referring to smash aid 7. Also i won no jutsu 3 so i demand to be put on the tournament placings.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Wo everyone you guys need to chill. I'm just one fur, I need help here. Which is why I asked peeps to volenteer to help keep the page up to date. So who want's to help? All I ask is that you stay consistent and are an active part in the FL community.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I got tired of it. Besides I like it. = P I'm still playing around with ava's but this one may or may not stay. Depends if I find a better one.

Top Bottom