• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Of the 1st Party Franchises That Only Have 1 Rep, Which One Do You WANT to Have a 2nd Rep the Most?

Of the 1st Party Franchises That Only Have 1 Rep, Which One Do You Want to Have a 2nd Rep the Most?

• Total voters

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 needs a rep. I'd personally love it if there were multiple reps from the game but that seems unlikely. For as much as I like Rex and Pyra/Mythra, I'd much rather have Nia and her huge white tiger Dromarch. That would just make for a kickass design in Smash. But Rex is fine, I guess.

More than XB, though... I want a Metroid rep. I mean yes, two Samuses is cool and all, but it's still just one entity in the base narrative.

SuperPhil64

Smash Rookie
I'd go with Deathborn instead. He occupies basically the same role as Black Shadow in the franchise and has a much more awesome look.
I forgot about Deathborn! Yeah especially with the cape and his design he basically looks like F-Zero's evil kind.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's been a while, but I'm gonna recap the votes so far. There are 58 votes as of June 9, 2018 3:38 PM Pacific time as I am writing this.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles: 21
Not really a surprise. Rex & Pyra are all the rage now, and even Elma pops up time and time again. As I was looking through the comments though, I think there might have been some confusion. There are users such as Mr. Nintendo and SorrowOfAcheron who genuinely WANT a Xeno character, but I still see that "because they deserve a 2nd rep" line pop-up. Now, if you voted for Xenoblade for that reason, that's in you're right to do so. This isn't an ironclad rule. I just don't like to see people wasting their votes because they feel they have to make the "right" choice and not the choice they want.

2. Wario: 14
Okay, THIS is surprising. I would like to think that all these votes are because he has such an array of characters to choose from, such as Ashley, 9-Volt and even Captain Syrup. I can kinda gleam from that in the comments. I was not thinking about the elephant-in-the-room: Waluigi. Of course if you voted for Wario because you consider Waluigi a "Wario" character, that's all good.

3. F-Zero: 7
Smash Bros. is all that Captain Falcon has left to call home. As such, F-Zero fans are eager for more representation to make sure this series is not forgotten. Popular choices seems to be Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh. The latter I understand the best as he was one of the first racers in the series and has a Smash appearance as an AT. The people who voted for F-Zero certainly understand that movesets have to be made out of whole-cloth as this is a "wish fulfillment" poll.

4. Yoshi: 6
If this was a "most likely" or a "most deserved" poll, Yoshi would only get 2 votes (they would be me and PeridotGX lol). Yoshi's been getting a lot of undue... um, I wouldn't say "hate" more like "indifference" as of late. I know people love the guy, just not enough to actively root for him when going against someone else (like a most wanted character poll for instance). I just wish people would think outside the box for the green dinosaur and his series and think more creatively.
All you unbelievers will pay for your indifference. Accept Yoshi into your lives or suffer His wrath!!!

5. Animal Crossing: 5
Animal Crossing has an interesting dilemma. It has a metric **** ton of characters but none of them really sticks emotionally to fans as much as say Ridley or Dixie Kong. Also the argument about how these characters would fight crops up from time to time. I just like to remind you that this poll is pure wish fulfillment. If you want to vote for an Animal Crossing character, don't let things like "muh moveset" stand in your way.

6. Punch-Out: 3
Yikes. No love for Punch-Out I presume. This series has such a wide array of charming and interesting characters to choose from. I would think people would clamor for reps like these. Oh well.

7. Pikmin: 2
And I thought Yoshi had it rough. Pikmin despite it's popularity inherently has little to represent it. The only thing Pikmin fans have to look forward to is to remove Alph from alt costume hell and become his own character. I assume that's what the 2 votes were for.

Anyways, this poll continues on for I don't know how long. Probably until the full roster has been revealed. See ya...

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I voted for Animal Crossing. Out of all the single-rep first-party franchises, it's the only one that's big enough to deserve another rep, imo. My second choice would be Xenoblade Chronicles, but I think we're good on bishies for a while.

If third-party franchises counted... Well, I know I'm setting myself up for ridicule here, but I'd quite like to see Tails.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Voted for Wario. Both Wario and Xenoblade will get another rep at some point, but I picked Wario due to me being a huge Ashley fan. Has only grown in popularity since Smash 4 and Sakurai himself acknowledged her growth after the Wii U version came out. Ashley is low key one of the more likely newcomers IMO. I think people honestly underestimate her popularity. Especially in Japan.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's what i would choose for my pretend Super Smash Bros Eternity:
:ultyoshi:-Poochy
:ultwario:-Shake King
:ultlittlemac:-King Hippo echo

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices

F-Zero: Bio-Rex
Pikmin: Louie
Xenoblade: Elma

Poochy, Ashley and King Hippo would be fun to play as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe it was said- but Splatoon is not on this list.

As far as my choice- Yoshi. Easily.
I think an AT in Stork, a character in Kamek, an echo in Birdo, round out the series.
Sorry Poochy- you can be an AT too.

Anyway, Kamek is just a long recurring, fun and unique character. We have so few mages.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Voted for that sweet punch out representation as I think almost any boxer in the franchise could be amazing in smash

And by god imagining glass Joe in smash will never cease to make me chuckle

But I was torn between punch out and yoshi as I want kamek I too but I just thought that any punch out charachter would be great

( though if I had to choose what I think are the best ones Sandman,Tiger,bald bull,and Aran ryan)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Probably Wario - Ashley's the most likely contender but honestly any character from the games (Wario or Land) would be neato

I was also going to say Pikmin, but then Alph is a second rep ... sort of

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of these games really deserves more than one character. They are already well represented.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Punch Out is a 1st party I want the most to have a 2nd rep, Doc Louis. He's actually really Nintendo and would be a great potentially light heavyweight. I'm also interested in a 2nd F-Zero and Yoshi rep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Punch-Out!! for me, easily. There are so many great options, between Doc Louis, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull, Mr. Sandman...tons to pull from that are iconic in their own rights.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
For me, it's F-Zero. It just feels so weird that a game known for having a massive cast only has one rep.

But if I had to give each franchise with one character a second...
:ultyoshi:-Poochy
:ultfalcon:-Samurai Goroh
:ulticeclimbers:-Polar Bear...? There's not too much to do for this one.
:ultgnw:-Again, not much to do for this one. Let's just be strange and say Mickey Mouse, seeing how he did have a Game and Watch.
:ultwario:-Captain Syrup
:ultsnake:-Raiden
:ultolimar:-Louie
:ultsonic:-Tails
:ultrob:-Professor Hector
:ultmegaman:-X
:ultwiifittrainer:-Wii Balance Board?
:ultlittlemac:-King Hippo
:ultpacman:-Ms. Pac-Man
:ultshulk:-Elma
:ultduckhunt:-Would a Gangster from Hogan's Alley count?
:ultcloud:-Tifa
:ultbayonetta:-Rodin
:ultjoker:-Yu Narukami

Grimel

Smash Cadet
Xenoblade, easily. At this point, the series is big enough to warrant another character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This one’s easy.

Punch Out! Could have another one.
And I think Doc Louis would be awesome.

Could use more hooks in his attacks, and although he could also have the KO Punch, part o me would like to see the Star Punch (since he invented it).

Where Little Mac is strong and fast, Doc Louis could be just as as strong, but be really hard to knock away, and less fast in his running speed. (But punching speed is equal to Mac).

Quillion

Smash Hero
This one’s easy.

Punch Out! Could have another one.
And I think Doc Louis would be awesome.

Could use more hooks in his attacks, and although he could also have the KO Punch, part o me would like to see the Star Punch (since he invented it).

Where Little Mac is strong and fast, Doc Louis could be just as as strong, but be really hard to knock away, and less fast in his running speed. (But punching speed is equal to Mac).
I voted Xenoblade, but I like the idea of Punch Out getting another character.

That said, I think it should be Mr. Sandman, since he was made a lawyer-friendly Tyson in the Wii game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It kind of makes me extremely jealous that Fire Emblem has 7 reps while Xenoblade has only 1. Honestly, we Smash and Xenoblade fans deserve both Elma and Rex & Pyra if Fire Emblem can get 3 newcomers in one Smash like in the last game.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
It kind of makes me extremely jealous that Fire Emblem has 7 reps while Xenoblade has only 1. Honestly, we Smash and Xenoblade fans deserve both Elma and Rex & Pyra if Fire Emblem can get 3 newcomers in one Smash like in the last game.
I can relate. Fire Emblem is extremely prioritized.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Turning Xenoblade into the next "must get a character from new installment" franchise would be a bad idea, though. The practice needs to stop altogether for Pokémon and Emblem.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
It was dead for a while and then bumped twice for some reason.

As long as we're talking about the subject, I personally would like Black Shadow from F-Zero. But a character they would have to expend more than echo levels of effort for and who isn't a villain probably isn't worth it for a (sadly) dead franchise. I just like my villains spread.

D

Deleted member

My vote goes to Wario and the character i want is Wario with a moveset that reflects his real line of games, the Wario Land series. I despise Warioware for what they did to Wario's character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Turning Xenoblade into the next "must get a character from new installment" franchise would be a bad idea, though. The practice needs to stop altogether for Pokémon and Emblem.
I know, but Xenoblade deserves more than just one rep that's for sure.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Xenoblade (Probably Elma or Rex & Pyra/Mythra), followed by F-Zero. If Ashley wasn't an AT she could make a good 2nd Wario Rep as well, but other than that, the rest don't need anything.

Although for Pikmin, Louie/Brittany/Charlie could all be alternate costumes for Olimar similar to Alph and the Koopalings.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I voted Xenoblade, but I like the idea of Punch Out getting another character.

That said, I think it should be Mr. Sandman, since he was made a lawyer-friendly Tyson in the Wii game.
Yeah, Xenoblade should get another one as well. Shulk is one of the most unique sword fighters in the game, and I don’t have a doubt in my mind that any other character from either X or 2 would be equally fun and different to play.

I have no idea how Rex plays in X2, but maybe some combination of Pokémon Trainer and Joker’s Arsene could be the work around to have both Pyra and Mythra? (As well as other ... blades?)

UserKev

Smash Champion
My vote goes to Wario and the character i want is Wario with a moveset that reflects his real line of games, the Wario Land series. I despise Warioware for what they did to Wario's character.
Wario Ware is so different and unusual, I cannot tolerate it. It should have been Ashley's series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wario Ware is so different and unusual, I cannot tolerate it. It should have been Ashley's series.
Ashley didn't come around until the 2nd game Warioware: Touch! So how in anyway could this series have ever been Ashley's series if she didn't existed when it started?

Also, I believe Warioware's idea originated from the mini-games on the Mario Artist Polygon Studio on the N64DD:
So I could see why you feel like it doesn't seem like Wario. But I think the series captures Wario's charm very well.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ashley didn't come around until the 2nd game Warioware: Touch! So how in anyway could this series have ever been Ashley's series if she didn't existed when it started?

Also, I believe Warioware's idea originated from the mini-games on the Mario Artist Polygon Studio on the N64DD:
So I could see why you feel like it doesn't seem like Wario. But I think the series captures Wario's charm very well.
SHOULD have been. I repeat, SHOULD have been.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I just realized how hard this got bumped when I saw Animal Crossing on the poll.

And I have to toss my hat in for the Xeno series. I don't really care for Rex's character all that much from XC2, but I feel like he'd make a cool Smash character, almost like a mixture between PT and Shulk. Down B to switch your blade and change up your moveset properties. I would wonder how they'd be able to handle picking the best blades without spoiling too much of the source material though. Pyra/Mythra, and ...idk? KOS-MOS? All the other special blades would give spoilers and I don't think any of the rare blades had any major hands in the story so it'd have to almost delve into a popularity contest of some sorts, or just based on the weapons they give the driver.

And his voice lines would be about as meme-able as Shulk's. ("We beat them, with the power of friendship.")

I'd also be satisfied with KOS-MOS as a standalone character. Those guns are pretty cool, and her appearance is iconic for anyone around from the PS2 era.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I pick the Wario franchise because Captain Syrup could be a good female villain added to Smash. Ashley is another good character that could be added.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I would love to have Rex & Pyra/Mythra on some capacity, either through Rex himself and his Blade switch mechanic, or through Pyra and Mythra themselves with their own personal switch mechanic. The latter could even be a callback to Zelda and Sheik's Down-B mechanic from Melee and Brawl.

The Wario series is an honorable mention for me. Ashley would be great, though Waluigi as a tertiary choice would be neat as well.

D

Deleted member

Not really. Wario is tacked onto this series because the devs wanted to use a well known character to promote their new franchise. The ware characters have their own themed microgames and own lives, both of which Wario has nothing to so with. Wario sticks out like a sore thumb.

Top Bottom