• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 27th {Waba games} Atlanta Area SSBM Singles CASH Tourney

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
BTW, i posted this in the results thread, but my thoughts on waba, because you guys deserve to hear it:

waba games was very very nice, good enviroment, spacious, and was run really well.

I'd definitely go to their future tournaments.
Thanks a lot man, I'll pass the good word to the guys at Waba,
glad you could make it.
I'm glad everybody who came did, thanks to everybody who chipped
in and made the environment a fun one.

I'll get into this more in the results thread. :)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
the only thing that was kinda weird was them being hardasses about random ****... i'm not talking about when me and marty couldnt lean on the pool table thats cool and all but like they were threatening to DQ me cause i wasnt at my match for being in the bathroom and then apparently they got mad when tommy and marty played on a different station that they were told to because they didnt like the TV they were at.

just stuff where like it was unnecessary to be so strict.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that was kinda weird was them being hardasses about random ****... i'm not talking about when me and marty couldnt lean on the pool table thats cool and all but like they were threatening to DQ me cause i wasnt at my match for being in the bathroom and then apparently they got mad when tommy and marty played on a different station that they were told to because they didnt like the TV they were at.

just stuff where like it was unnecessary to be so strict.
Yeah..I heard about those incidents. Your bathroom incident was unfortunate, I agree.
Here was the problem; sometimes they felt as judges, that they lost their authority, because they would call out multiple times on the intercom, but it would take a ton of time for people to get in their proper stations, especially since they were trying to rush it to get doubles in for people.
As well as that, Marty complained about that T.V being laggy, but it's been proven that Station 4's T.V does not lag; They even had the last tournament finals on that T.V the previous tournament, and nobody complained. I don't think Marty knew though, so no fault towards him.
The station issues won't be a problem in the next tourney, though.

Still, I hope all of that nonsense can be put behind everybody.
It was all pretty much misunderstanding.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yeah, that's how smash tourneys go, lol. We like friendlies.
You shouldn't have to force stations, but if it gets down to it just reset the gamecube and get the tourney matches started.

Stations shouldn't be an issue though.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's how smash tourneys go, lol. We like friendlies.
You shouldn't have to force stations, but if it gets down to it just reset the gamecube and get the tourney matches started.

Stations shouldn't be an issue though.
I'm pretty sure by the end of the tournament, at doubles, they pretty much realized that letting people play at their desired stations is better off.
Look at doubles, people could play wherever they want.

You're right; it shouldn't be an issue, and it will definitely not be an issue in the next tournament.
You always get something out of an event.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Yeah..I heard about those incidents. Your bathroom incident was unfortunate, I agree.
Here was the problem; sometimes they felt as judges, that they lost their authority, because they would call out multiple times on the intercom, but it would take a ton of time for people to get in their proper stations, especially since they were trying to rush it to get doubles in for people.
As well as that, Marty complained about that T.V being laggy, but it's been proven that Station 4's T.V does not lag; They even had the last tournament finals on that T.V the previous tournament, and nobody complained. I don't think Marty knew though, so no fault towards him.

Still, I hope all of that nonsense can be put behind everybody.
It was all pretty much misunderstanding.
i mean it wasnt a big deal but regardless of whether it was laggy or not the lighting or the resolution or anything really can be annoying with a TV and sometimes you just dont wanna use some tv's (wide screens suck because of the weird way they stretch the screen and mess with the apparent speed of the game) So like they paid money to enter a tournament and everyone wants to try and win and they shouldnt have to use a TV if they dont want to =/ They didnt really affect the tournament either they just switched where they were gonna play.

and as they didnt actually DQ me thats cool but I seriously would have made a scene had they actually done that. maybe they though i wasnt taking them seriously cause i was on the phone, but honestly i was dumping turds as fast as I could. And also who the fvck pressures a guy when taking a dump?

but again they're hardly problems to get to uppity about since nothing really came of it its just kinda ******** to see threats like that being thrown out for a bad reason.

EDIT: just saw all this talk about stations not being an issue, but i'll leave that little paragraph just as my 2 cents on the issue =)

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
i mean it was a big deal but regardless of whether it was laggy or not the lighting or the resolution or anything really can be annoying with a TV and sometimes you just dont wanna use some tv's (wide screens suck because of the weird way they stretch the screen and mess with the apparent speed of the game) So like they paid money to enter a tournament and everyone wants to try and win and they shouldnt have to use a TV if they dont want to =/ They didnt really affect the tournament either they just switched where they were gonna play.

and as they didnt actually DQ me thats cool but I seriously would have made a scene had they actually done that. maybe they though i wasnt taking them seriously cause i was on the phone, but honestly i was dumping turds as fast as I could. And also who the fvck pressures a guy when taking a dump?

but again they're hardly problems to get to uppity about since nothing really came of it its just kinda ******** to see threats like that being thrown out for a bad reason.

EDIT: just saw all this talk about stations not being an issue, but i'll leave that little paragraph just as my 2 cents on the issue =)

I totally understand, and knowing you in person now, you're a good guy, so I know your frustration is justified.
Worry not man, if you come to the next tournaments, there will not be DQ issues.
Nor dropping turd issues.
Definitely not dropping turd issues.
In all seriousness though, by the time doubles came around, it seemed
to be accepted that T.V's are something of a choice.
:D

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman

here's what you do when you're run over.
Rofl, that was basically Elliot when I nearly killed him.
He was getting into the car, and I didn't notice, and I backed up, and threw him out of the car, with Compton getting thrown into awkward seat positions, since he was half in without a seatbelt.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
did he techroll like KevinM?

oh jeez results thread plz :D

GrieVe

Smash Rookie
Wavedashed backwards? You didn't have to wavedash at all. You were in the bloody car. No tech skills needed when you are inside the moving death machine.

Top Bottom