• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 27th {Waba games} Atlanta Area SSBM Singles CASH Tourney

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman

Hello again guys!

Waba Game (http://www.wabaclub.com [Give it a second to load the main page]), a game retail store/Console gaming center/venue in the Atlanta Area(Duluth, GA to be specific) is hosting a singles cash tournament Saturday, October 27th starting at 6:00 PM.

It will be mainly singles this time around.
If there remains time after singles, a doubles
will be held, but it is not definite or scheduled.
If doubles proceeds, it will be $5 per teammate.
It is NOT out of the question.

Come and join us!

**Basics**

The Door Fee will be $5.
Entrance/Pot Money - $10 into the pot.

First place receives 70% of the pot.
Second Place receives 20% of the pot.
Third Place receives 10% of the pot.

It will be double elimination with a losers bracket.
Specific rules will be further down.
We recommend you bring your own controller, but if you cannot,
there will be plenty for you here.
Extra melee game discs are greatly appreciated.

If you pre-register (By phone, or here), you may come early to practice or do friendlies. It's also nice to know everybody's name ahead of time so we can have that information ready.

Smashboards Attendance List (Not Full Attendance list)
Tong
GA Peach
FullMetal
Metroid_101
Somasu
Gilded Punch(I think so?)
Teh Umby
Laijin
Err (+3 Other people)
The Brawler
Alpha Gundam(Maybe)
XiF
GTR
Prac352
Bearsarescary
nicaboy
Carter88
MagicJar + Roommate
Rayku
Rushuna
Shuffle Train
S0ft

Appropriate Smash Televisions will be used for the tourney. If there are any T.V Issues, please let us know. If you can/want, bringing a Television would be appreciated. Small T.V's are 100% welcomed.

**Facility Information**

As those who have been here know, there is A LOT to do in between playing your matches while you wait around.. There are PS3's, 360's, and Wii's to be played, any game of your choice to have fun with, Pool, Music, Movies, Smash Friendlies and anything of the sort. Comfort is the goal, you'll always have something to do.

There is plenty of Food and Snacks, and pizza orders go out in the middle of the Singles.
Bring a little extra money; just a few bucks will keep you full.

If you need a ride and are in the Atlanta area, give me a heads up. I am making ONE trip around Atlanta to pick people up ( I have a large Ford expedition, so there is lots of space).
Make sure to tell me ahead of time.

If any questions at all, please forward them to me here, or PM me about it. Thanks a lot.

We want to make an impression on you, so if you have any concerns or advice, let us know.

**Singles Main Tournament Rules(October 27th)**

8:00 Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

MLG RULES AS FOLLOWED

*No stage may be used twice in a Best-of-3 or Best-of-5 games match if the player making the counter pick has already won on that stage in the match.

*Each player is allowed one stage knock-out, thereby disabling that stage from the entire match. Stage knock-outs must be made at the beginning of the match after initial characters have been chosen but before the start of Game 1.

*After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

*Before the start of any game in a match, a player/team may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

*In the Championship Match, if the player coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first match, another match must be played to break the tie since both players would only have one match loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage: Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. Wobbling, also known as the Ice Climbers infinite, is banned. A player caught wobbling will be subject to a penalty: playing the next game down a stock, forfeiture of the next game, or forfeiture of the match.

SMASH AID FORMAT MAP RULES, REGULATIONS, AND MAP LIST

Slobs on Stages - - - If selected as method of slob

1st match - Must be random stage unless both persons agree to a stage that IS NOT BANNED

2nd match - After characters are selected, loser of 1st match selects a stage from either the random stage list or the slob/allowed stage list... IN NO CASE CAN A BANNED STAGE BE PLAYED

3rd match - same rules apply as in second match

*Levels*

Stages set as random :
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
--Kirby's Dreamland 64

Slob Stages / Available for Agreement :
-Final Destination
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battle Field
-Kirby's Dreamland 64
-Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
-Pokémon Stadium
-Peach's Castle
-Corneria
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
-Pokefloats
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Brinstar
-Jungle Japes

*Banned Stages
-Icicle Mountain
-Great Bay
-Flat Zone
-Hyrule
-Mushroom Kingdom I
-Brinstar Depths
-Fourside
-Big Blue
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
-Onett
-Yoshi 64
-Kongo Jungle
-Venom

**Contact/Information**

Phone number : 678-417-WABA (9222)

Address : 3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096

Email Address : wabagames@yahoo.com

Website : http://wabagame.samsbiz.com/page/16z6j/WABA_GAME.html

SMASH related questions : thetehdave@gmail.com

Any more questions/concerns/feedback, feel free to post them here.
Will be monitoring the topic frequently until the actual tourney.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
First! .

Might I ask why only a singles tournament? This time around there are no conflicting dates, so I can assure you more teams will show.

Also, I got a couple of all day free passes from last time. Can those cover our entry fee?

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
First! .

Might I ask why only a singles tournament? This time around there are no conflicting dates, so I can assure you more teams will show.

Also, I got a couple of all day free passes from last time. Can those cover our entry fee?
No; The day passes cannot be used to cover the entry fee. It is not applicable to lockins, tournaments, or special events.

There will be no doubles this time for one specific reason; Time restraint reasons. From the time block of 2-6 PM, time would have to be put aside for business and other customer needs. Due to the reduction of the $10 door fee to the $5 door fee, there would be a loss to Waba if this would be a full day affair.
Min expressed that if there is time after the singles, considering it goes by quickly, a doubles is definitely NOT out of the question, but it is not scheduled.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I will probably hitch a ride with Mike, yesum.

And I dunno if I'll enter the tournament or just go for friendlies. Depends on money issues, really.. unless someone wants to pay for me to enter =)

Laijin

Smash Hero
First! .

Hey Gerbil. How is it that you usually always get first post on every new tournament thread?
I always thought it was a coincidence, but apparently..it has to NOT be a coincidence.

Whats your secret?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hey Gerbil. How is it that you usually always get first post on every new tournament thread?
I always thought it was a coincidence, but apparently..it has to NOT be a coincidence.

Whats your secret?
Ninja Skills. O.O

err

Smash Journeyman
im coming, and bringing 2-3 people with me.

there. we're pseudo-registered. that qualifies us for being able to come for friendlies, right?

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
hey, this will be my first but i'm gonna try real hard to show i'm a noobie at tournaments, but i've never met someone whoes better than me at smash so its gonna be fun playing

i use Marth btw.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Everybody remember to keep in mind partners who will attend this event,
if everything goes quickly, which it should, we could be seeing doubles definitely.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
So dave were you for serious about giving us Techies rides?
If so I'm definitely in with Jeff

Top Bottom