• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Dope! Hard to tell from the thread - so it's Melee tourney or just casuals starting at 7? Really want to play everyone in Melee, but I do not want to drive two hours to play like 3 peeps, are people showing out to these?

The venue opens at 7 on Wednesdays. You can start playing friendlies right away, and/or sign up for tournament events (PM/Melee related). The weekly event usually starts an hour after the venue opens. I'd say there is at least 10-14 people that go to these on a weekly basis.

Griffard

Smash Ace
The venue opens at 7 on Wednesdays. You can start playing friendlies right away, and/or sign up for tournament events (PM/Melee related). The weekly event usually starts an hour after the venue opens. I'd say there is at least 10-14 people that go to these on a weekly basis.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses man. I'll definitely be there if I'm driving with at least one other person.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to come back to this. I sometimes get sent around the country, and one of my favorite things to do is check out new smash scenes. I'll be there tonight

snex

Smash Master
good matches all. i didnt do too badly for only having touched this game once in 7 years. i might start coming to these more often. also, PM was pretty sweet - i will probably join the tourneys for that too.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone with a car be willing to give me a ride to a blue line station (nearest one is like a 10 minute drive south) after these? That'd be awesome.

Last edited:

snex

Smash Master
Would anyone with a car would be willing to give me a ride to a blue line station (nearest one is like a 10 minute drive south) after these? That'd be awesome.
The 72 bus along North Ave runs until 12:45 AM, and it will take you to the blue line Damen stop. This worked fine for me.

snex

Smash Master
would anybody be able to give me a ride to the blue line if i miss the last 72 bus? its only 2 miles from the venue.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you broke my heart twice in the span of 24 hours brian
when will the madness end

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i dont think i can come, the roads are pretty bad and stuff :/ is there anything going down over the weekend @ EXP? i'd hate to stay here over a week and only go to a thing here once.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
EXP is opening at 5PM for today's wavedash wednesday NEW YEARS EDITION (January 1st 2014)!!! SPREAD TEH WERD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My car barely made it home from work 20 minutes away. I don't think I can make the 40 minute trek there tonight, as much as I'd like to. I even got a new controller to break in. :urg:

Top Bottom