• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Master Quest

Spire

III
BRoomer
This thread serves as the main hub for these 64-bit gems. They go hand-in-hand, so rather than taking up two threads, I've decided to consolidate them into one.

Ocarina of Time
The gem that started the 3D Zelda revolution.

Master Quest
The game that corrected Ocarina of Time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
MM is quite possibly one of the greatest games of all time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, that game is in my top 3 list, probably sitting at number one. It's just that amazing~!

Also <33 Cuccos.

Mewter

Smash Master
The first time I played MM, I never got past the clock tower when you were supposed to play the song of time, simply because I wasn't paying attention when Zelda taught Link the song. :laugh:

Ocarina of Time was always an awesome game, though. I hope you plan on adding a whole walkthrough here, Spire! :mad:
Why doesn't Link just use the cuccos to kill the bosses for him? Their potential is largely untapped, reduced to mere paltry.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I got the Gamecube version of OoT (w/ Master Quest) at a used game store, but I never played the MQ version because I heard it was too difficult. :laugh:

I have an N64, and Majora's Mask, but I need to get a new Expansion Pak because the one I own right now is working really ****ty.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ocarina of Time: Master Quest!

(First off I would like to say if this thread is just taking up space or if it's just going to be simular to others, could a mod just merge this thread with the OoT & MM [http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242080] thread.)

For all the people that aren't informed, this is a semi remake of the orginal Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The changes between the original are mainly the dungeon's puzzles and the enemies. They have been flipped around and it's said that only a true master of the Zelda realm will have the knowledge to beat the rejuvenated puzzles. Obviously they would scare away the average player but a true LoZ player would see these oppertunities as a great challenge of the Loz world. Too bad the only way to obtain this disc is to have pre-ordered the Gamecube game "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker". Even though that chance has expired I have found the game at local Gamestops in my area. To me, this is a great brain teaser. There were so many tricks that the creators tried to put in to fool the player. I found that it's a must have to the hardcore Zelda fan.

This thread is for the people who have played it to disscuss and give thier review on this version of the beloved "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I got it from a gamestop for 10 dollars packed with the original, the sequal, a demo for WW, and OoT. Collector's Edition edition FTW!

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Unfortunately, the collector's edition (MM) is very buggy. So its usually better to just buy the VC version since its bug free and u dont have to risk the game freezing when ur in the middle of something. Which is horrible since MM doesnt have a save system. :/

XACE-K

Smash Master
I've finished OoT and played parts of MM (my cousin has it but I'll download it on VC) but I know for sure that both will be in my top 10 favorite games ever. Both are fun, have great plots, and have great dungeons & bosses...well from what I've played in MM.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clownbot- u can get majoras mask for 1000 points on virtual console. :) U wont regret buying MM im sure :).
I don't have a Wii, and I'm not sure, but I think spending $150 (or more?) to get MM isn't as good a choice as spending $20 (or LESS) for an EP. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never get the chance to get wii points to buy vc games...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Majora's Mask is officially my second favorite Zelda game, underneath OoT.

^because of that, among other things.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
MM is quite possibly one of the greatest games of all time.
Agreed!

I just recently went through the game again on my Wii getting all the masks with no guide.

Was toooo much fun :).

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Orcarina of Time: This is the game I've labeled at the best game of all time and my favorite game forever. I'm just absolutly obbessed with this game. I've beat it countless number of times and just never get tired of this. Beating the 3-Heart challenge and the Uber challenge is probably something I like to brag about. This game is nothing but winwinwinwinwin.

Majora's Mask: One of my top favorite games. This sequal to Oot is mesmerizing aswell. The fact that this game is so interactive it just amazing. I never got the "full" experience since I played it on an emulator on the computer and I had to skip 2 heart peices from 100% because its just to hard to get with a keyboard... My only complaint was the 3 day deal. But thats what made the game so who cares. Win.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Oot: 3-Heart/Uber discussion

Not sure if this is a good topic but oh well. Here we can discuss our experiences with these truely challengeing feats.

3-Heart Challenge: This is the challenge for the Oot fans who wish to exploit glitches and push themselves harder than Master Quest. It's exactly what it says. Complete the game with 3 hearts aswell as missing many items. A challenge... but not impossible...

The Uber Challenge: This is only for the gods of Oot. You'll be pushing yourself even harder than the 3 heart challenge. The difference? Even less items. You'll be doing amazing tasks such as completeing the Shadow Temple as the first Dungeon as an Adult! You'll also be defeating Bongo Bongo with a Hookshot since you didn't do the Forest Temple! A gruesome challenge.. but still possible.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
To me, Ocarina of Time's storyline was simpler, but by the same token and in different ways...as dark as Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask looks darker because you get to SEE your demise happen if time's up and he premise of the moon; 3 Days. The time inbetween when you were a child and when you awaken as the Hero of Time seven years later, those times must have been hellacious as Ganondorf succeeded in conquering Hyrule, in Ocarina of Time. He wasn't just the dubbed King of Evil in that game. He was THE King of Hyrule and his influence spread far and wide and corrupted others, and others opposed him. Even Kakariko was plagued by fiends such as Bongo Bongo, and Volvagia within Death Mountain close by.

Ganondorf was just flat-out WICKED in Ocarina of Time, and I guarantee that if we got a chance to see everything that happened within the seven years that allowed Ganondorf to GET where he was during the era of the Hero of Time? Majora's Mask would have a tough opponent in Ocarina of Time for dark stories. The upside of both games, we get our happy ending after all, despite the odds thrown against Link.

Both fantastic games, but I'll have to go with Ocarina of Time here, for giving me my very first Zelda experience, and the King of Evil at his finest in an incredibly epic battle for the fate of Hyrule, nay...the world.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Majora's mask in my opinion was a better villain than OoT Ganondorf. Why? Because he ruined EVERYONE'S life! Everyone in the game was linked to the Mask somehow, and it left a bad effect on ALL of them. I was annoyed that I had to help EVERYONE in the blasted game... because there are alot of people. To make matters even worse, he tries to drop the moon on everyone!

No one can deny Ganondorf is the king of all evil... but he didnt have the same impact as Majora did. When he gained control, people just simply left Castle Town and head to another city. Sure he let loose some monsters that took over some places, but he didnt have the same effect as Majora.

For example, Majora steals the Deku King's daughter, kills the deku butler's son, THEN poisons the swamp and makes a monster! Ganon... just unleashes a monster, and life basically goes on. Majora freezes over snowhead, kills the goron hero, and blocks it all off with a nioce giant ice berg. Ganon... kills a tree and life goes on.

Spire

III
BRoomer
For example, Majora steals the Deku King's daughter, kills the deku butler's son, THEN poisons the swamp and makes a monster! Ganon... just unleashes a monster, and life basically goes on. Majora freezes over snowhead, kills the goron hero, and blocks it all off with a nioce giant ice berg. Ganon... kills a tree and life goes on.
As simple as it is, I've never seen it this way before. Actually writing out what Majora did exactly really signifies that it is of a higher echelon of evil than Ganon, and why can that be? Because it lives in a parallel world that don't work by the same rules. I love Termina.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How do you learn the Nocturne of Shadow without beating the Water Temple?

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what would be a good challenge?
The 1,000 Rupee challenge. :chuckle: I guess that would require the infinite skulltula cheat, though.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Yeah thats the fun part. Its also where you exploit a major glitch and get into the Shadow temple without the Nocturn of Shadow or even getting the Lens of Truth. Yes that means going through the dessert without the LoT.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Shouldn't Skyler lock this, or at least merge it with the Chellenge/Speedrun thread? There's already a place for stuff like this. :ohwell:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Shouldn't Skyler lock this, or at least merge it with the Chellenge/Speedrun thread? There's already a place for stuff like this. :ohwell:
Agreed. OoT shouldn't have its own challenge thread. This other thread should have vids of members of SWF and vids on the internet performing the speedruns/challenges/whatever, a section for people to request challeneges, and it should be grouped by game.

sammy p

Smash Lord
this was soooo fun!!! it took me years to beat(i got so frustrated trying to beat it i stopped for about 5 years then continued and just beat it about a year ago! amazing stuff!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I love Master Quest so much. The dungeons give veteran players a fresh experience!

I bought 4 copies when it originally released. I have one for me to play; I kept the other 3 until 2007 and sold them (all sealed) on eBay for $85 each. Good investment, if I do say so myself. ^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
These puzzles were truly challenging. Nearly made my brain explode on the Water Temple. It was perplexing enough in the original.
Please don't remind me... it took me so long just to figure out most of the puzzles.

I love Master Quest so much. The dungeons give veteran players a fresh experience!

I bought 4 copies when it originally released. I have one for me to play; I kept the other 3 until 2007 and sold them (all sealed) on eBay for $85 each. Good investment, if I do say so myself. ^_^
Seriously? That's amazing!

Scott!

Smash Lord
I need to play through this again. I remember really enjoying it, but I don't remember much of it. I did like how some dungeons, especially Dodongo's Cavern, were so radically transformed, though more linear ones were more similar. I didn't even know it existed until I was in a Gamestop or something, and I saw it on the shelves. I stopped looking for a new game right then and there.

I lent it to my friend like a year and a half ago, and she keeps meaning to give it back, but we just forget to remind each other... I was scared she got rid of it once, but she found it, or she's secretly lying while she tries to find me a new copy. O_O

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, he merged the one other unnecessary one, maybe he could do the same here, since ther si some discussion here that it'd be a shame to cut off already.

I'm not much of one for speedruns; I don't find them fun to do. But I do enjoy hearing about all the work-arounds that speed-runners use. I for one would like to know how they manage to get into the Shadow Temple, or navigate the desert sans LoT.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The absolute best Zelda experience is to play Master Quest, then Majora's Mask.

But yes, this should be merged into the OoT & MM thread. I'll be sure to include your MQ information though ;)

Top Bottom