• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Master Quest

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
So...
Where can I find the upgrade?
Tell me both upgades...
Cause I don't remember where I found the first one... O_O

I didn't know that the skulltula appeared on maps like Lake Hylia and stuff O_O
I thought it only appeared in Dungeons!

I wanna try that minimal challenge now x3

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
go to forest stage, put on mask of truth for the 40 upgrade (i'm assuming this is the one you missed)

btw that isn't the true minimalist challenge

the lowest possible is 16 items:

Koriki Sword
Deku Shield
Deku Stick
Zelda's Letter
Zelda's Lullaby
Cucco Bottle
Bombchus
Gold Scale
Ruto's Letter
Master Sword
Light Medallion
Magic Meter
Mirror Shield
Spirit Medallion
Shadow Medallion
Light Arrows

however it is so hard, nobody has ever done it, even though it is technically possible
17 items has been done before though

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
go to forest stage, put on mask of truth for the 40 upgrade (i'm assuming this is the one you missed)

btw that isn't the true minimalist challenge

the lowest possible is 16 items:

Koriki Sword
Deku Shield
Deku Stick
Zelda's Letter
Zelda's Lullaby
Cucco Bottle
Bombchus
Gold Scale
Ruto's Letter
Master Sword
Light Medallion
Magic Meter
Mirror Shield
Spirit Medallion
Shadow Medallion
Light Arrows

however it is so hard, nobody has ever done it, even though it is technically possible
17 items has been done before though
Okay....
What's the "forest stage"?

And can i get a minimalist challenge that doesn't use glitches and stuff to beat it?
Like, just playing the game like normal...
Not having to use crzy glitches and such O_O

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
forest stage is the grotto in the lost woods under the butterflies

a normal minimalist challenge would be what was posted earlier

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Playing Zelda's Lullaby in front of a Gossip Stone gets you a free fairy.

SSBA

Smash Rookie
geez, im still a youngin, and my first video game was the special edition gold cartridge for OoT...
i still remember when me and my friend almost peed our pants faceing the first boss, it took us 6 hours of play time to get there since we were 7..aha
no im older, i can clear the first stage in just over a half hour and ive played every zelda gae except the phillips...yea.
i know this isnt a memory thread but, OoT lead me to SSB64, and to SSBM and brawl.
so i owe alot to spending 6 hours in front of the grand tree.
oh, and my final play time for that game (still have it) is 213 hours.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
I recently started playing OOT again, after doing a "Piece of Heart" run of Twilight Princess (this is without a walkthrough, mind, where's the fun otherwise?), and I have to say, I'd forgotten just how awesome it was. Sure, it's low poly, the sound effects are a little low quality by todays standards, and the music is sometimes painfully midi, but I put all that aside and realised that actually, the game itself more than lives up to todays standards. If it were released today, exactly as it is with a graphical update, music remastered and higher quality sound effects, I think it would still hold up to a wide audience, even those who don't know how good a game from the N64 can be (and they do exist).

As for Master Quest, I played it through once. I got to the last dungeon without a walkthrough, but the game glitched in Ganon's Tower, and I couldn't collect one of the Silver Rupees in one of the rooms, which of course meant I couldn't complete the dungeon. Apart from that, I found Master Quest quite enjoyable. It felt very good to play Ocarina of Time again without knowing exactly how to beat each and every puzzle.

Top Bottom