• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time — no damage clear attempts

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
http://ustream.tv/channel/Cosmo-OoT

rules:
  • You cannot take damage (ever drop below max hearts)
  • You cannot get a game over. You cannot be revived by a fairy.
  • Off limits items: Nayru's Love (damage protection). Double Defense (1/8 heart damage)
  • RBA is banned.
  • You must collect Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow, dispel trials barrier, beat Ganon.
  • You cannot ever save or savewarp. This is single segment only.
  • The entire run must be recorded or streamed for it to count as a completion.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
got hit in forest temple.

I'll let you guys know when I'm doing another attempt. definitely not tonight though

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ah. Well, bump this thread when you start another run, then.

Unstuck.

Fletch

Smash Master
Since no one has commented outside SO, this would be ****ing amazing. I can't count the number of times I've beaten this game, and I wouldn't imagine ever trying this.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Much props to Kramer for doing his thing. I wouldn't even bother attempting something like this because I get hit walking to the Deku Tree. Good **** my man.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
hit by a leever in the wasteland lmao
god dammit

I'll do it again either thursday or friday i think
don't have time tonight.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
got hit in forest temple. Going to go again, probably 1 more time tonight. don't miss!

edit: done for today. I think more than one attempt a day makes you play worse.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that sucks. The Great Deku Tree. At least you didn't waste a ton of time on that run though. I was fairly interested in your friend's WW runthrough also; I love WW. Good luck next round!

:034:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** no hits? i did no game overs with 3 hearts but no hits sounds crazy hard

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I think it's hard enough just beating the game as it is ;D and fun at that. But without getting hit>! :O now tat would be impressive!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I'm adult link now, ustream is being annoying with my recording. I'm gonna keep the game paused and I'll be back in like 15 min later. Gotta do some shopping anywyas

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Saw a little bit of it last night.

Not gonna lie dude, but your s*** is pretty impressive.

I've been meaning to do a speed run of the game, but never really looked into the tricks to make the game faster.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Saw a little bit of it last night.

Not gonna lie dude, but your s*** is pretty impressive.

I've been meaning to do a speed run of the game, but never really looked into the tricks to make the game faster.
tbh the first (and only) time i speed ran this i didn't really bother with tricks and things (other than knowing that you cam move waster if you sidejump timed right) , I knew the game really well and just set myself a challenge to finish it in 1 day.. It took me 9 hours but if i do it again i reckon i could do it in 7 maybe..

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
tbh the first (and only) time i speed ran this i didn't really bother with tricks and things (other than knowing that you cam move waster if you sidejump timed right) , I knew the game really well and just set myself a challenge to finish it in 1 day.. It took me 9 hours but if i do it again i reckon i could do it in 7 maybe..
Heh...not a very high bar. It can be done in under 3.

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
It can be done in under 1 hour. :)
We Zelda speedrunners are crazy people.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy to not get hit in OoT.

I mean if your an average gamer even dieing would be hard, on my second ever playthrough of the game like 4 years ago I only lost like 2 hearts total I think.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy to not get hit in OoT.

I mean if your an average gamer even dieing would be hard, on my second ever playthrough of the game like 4 years ago I only lost like 2 hearts total I think.
It is harder than you think sir especially when you are getting all spiritual stones and medallions.

3 Heart run is easy cause you have fairies and can just go find hearts. this is 1 hit = game over.

Non TAS record is currently 2:27. The TAS is under an hour.
I've personally done a run about 1:15 on console and there are others who have done it plenty faster. the non-TAS "record" is outdated and old

X1-12

Smash Champion
I've personally done a run about 1:15 on console and there are others who have done it plenty faster. the non-TAS "record" is outdated and old

just out of curiosity, is this using glitches and things to make the game faster? and is there a no-glitch record?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1:15? O_o No way you could pull that off without some weird memory manipulation...how'd you pull it off?
You only need the Shadow and Spirit medallions to beat the game. The game doesn't check for the others. Though, at this point I think people have figured out not only how to glitch through the Door of Time, but also get to Ganon's castle without getting ANY medallions (besides Light).

Question about NDC run: How do you get through the Water Temple room before Dark Link? I thought you have to hookshot the Like Like to get over the spikes, but whenever I've done that, I land on the spikes and lose like a quarter heart.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there's some new memory hack that gets you all the medallions without entering a dungeon. But I thought it was too difficult to do without tools.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
@giuocob, all of those tricks (including memory manipulation) were discovered by console players, not TASers. I actually had a large part in this considering I wrote the guide on how it works :embarrass

@Nintendude1189 IIRC theres a hookshot point on the ceiling. I could probably kill the Likelike with a charge spin or something and then hookshot that point.

I might skip the Longshot but that makes Ganon's trials about 5x harder so I am not sure what my plan is when I get there.

Top Bottom