• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu
Do you wanna claim first?
I would be GLAD to!!!! incoherent scream

I am the town STRONGman!!! FEAR THE MUSCLES!!! It's TIME TO TREMBLE! My actions CANNOT be interfered with!!!

But, I don't have any actions. :(
Okay so you still didn't actually talk about how it was right for the wrong reasons. So therefore it can be as effective in getting out scum as it is getting out towns, if you're blindly going around saying "this doesn't match the wiki!" and lynching. Don't like this post

honestly I feel like it's still dirty of me to vote when there's still so much I need to look over... seems wrong. I personally don't like voting when I'm not confident in what I know. but Z got me mad so here comes my strong, strong, muscles, man!

##Z25
I really didn't want to vote since I still wasn't satisfied in my content level so I took the post as a chance to breadcrumb

If anyone knows me well they would know I never end my sentences with "man." So uncouth and casual

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Quite sure this game revolves around tokens mostly, and in that world Jackrito being a wolf would just be unfair

I think it's more like, certain roles were random, while certain roles were hand picked for wolves

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Quite sure this game revolves around tokens mostly, and in that world Jackrito being a wolf would just be unfair

I think it's more like, certain roles were random, while certain roles were hand picked for wolves
how would wolf!Jack work, you think? Like since the game seems to revolve around tokens. Couldn't wolf!Jack just be stingy and not submit an action? LOL

Unless he was compulsive maybe?

I feel like the roles were made with alignment in mind. But I could be wrong, I've only played one game where the roles where randomized with alignment and it was off-site

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think the OP says the roles were random, but all random makes the game hard to balance

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also Wiisp, did you get a notification that you were motivated or inspired when Boom targeted you?
I'm town indecisive motivator and reloader. I act during dusk and can let someone use two actions that night, or I can reload a one-shot ability. I can't choose the same player twice. D1 I motivated ran, D2 wiisp because they said they had two tokens to use. D3 UP because again they said they had two tokens to use.

I checked with the mod and they said if you don't have two abilities to use then you are not informed that you are motivated. Hopefully this all worked with the tokens, but I didn't know until toDay that you activate tokens at dusk, so maybe this doesn't prove anything now.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Wolf-Jack could be compulsive. A wolf forced to give townies powers. If Jack is town and dies N1 then the whole game revolves around a mechanic that's gone?

I could see it either way and I'll be judging by content. I think Zen picked alignment of roles for every role. But he clearly is not following anything standard.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I wasn't told anything but stuff related to my role, getting the token I got, and then losing it for a watermelon

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think the OP says the roles were random, but all random makes the game hard to balance
Roles were assigned randomly, as in "BoomFrog doesn't automatically play the role BoomFrog" which is something I asked pregame. That doesn't mean powers were given to random assignments.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh yeah that'd make sense.... because ran stole one of your tokens, so you couldn't be motivated LOL

also good point Boom. But at the same time, what if wolf!Jack gets lynched D1? LMAO I can see it either way. . . would be worth rereading his content now. But I still really want to hear from Poy

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
also good point Boom. But at the same time, what if wolf!Jack gets lynched D1? LMAO I can see it either way. . . would be worth rereading his content now. But I still really want to hear from Poy
A) that's really unlikely and B) That would make the game more balanced because the wolf team got hurt early but now the town gets no powers.

That said. In don't think wolf-jack would have given me the token that they did.

Jackrito Jackrito I've only got one token. Did you give me two?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito I've only got one token. Did you give me two?
ignore that. I reread, it's one token with two possible uses. I wish that had been explained better by wiisp D2, although i guess it doesn't matter, there was very little chance of me using my power usefully with the way things went.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ignore that. I reread, it's one token with two possible uses. I wish that had been explained better by wiisp D2, although i guess it doesn't matter, there was very little chance of me using my power usefully with the way things went.
Wisp confused me day two as well tbh. I thought that they was a scum token giver.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
##UtopianPoyzin

I was given a token last night. It was Disloyal Doctor | Loyal Roleblocker.

Disloyal Doctor - I could target someone, and if they are UNALIGNED with me, they will be protected from kills.

Loyal Roleblocker - I could target someone, and if they are ALIGNED with me, they will be unable to act.

Given Poyzin was able to do his action, that means he does not share my alignment.

We got 'em folks!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you know that gambit you did is keeping my vote on you, right?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
why not just say you were roleblocked from the start... instead of being dishonest. because now I don't know what to think

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I just really don't know why you would do that and mafia is a team game so I'm not going to blame you if you're a mislynch

but at the same time

I'm definitely not holding you unaccountable either

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
why not just say you were roleblocked from the start... instead of being dishonest. because now I don't know what to think
Because roleblocking is almost always a mafia role. If Boom was town, he would've been absolutely shocked at my claim because they knew that they couldn't kill. Scum would've known that I was roleblocked and would've been far more testy. I did not at all predict to be roleblocked by town.

What baffles me is why you had the gall to roleblock me when I said I had a 1-shot ability to find scum.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And also, I just used by 1-shot psychologist role and I absolutely wasn't going to lie down like a sitting duck with my only one-shot PR and not be able to do anything with it, so I was going to test for BoomFrog's reaction, which is kind of where I was thinking we look today, i.e. BoomFrog and Jackrito.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
##UtopianPoyzin

I was given a token last night. It was Disloyal Doctor | Loyal Roleblocker.

Disloyal Doctor - I could target someone, and if they are UNALIGNED with me, they will be protected from kills.

Loyal Roleblocker - I could target someone, and if they are ALIGNED with me, they will be unable to act.

Given Poyzin was able to do his action, that means he does not share my alignment.

We got 'em folks!
Actually maybe you're not town, because this "gotcha" is far too convenient.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
LG was independent. Who was the other scum.
you didn't read the post fully, did you?
LaserGuy has been executed! He was...

BoomDog from xkcd!

Just kidding. He was....

BoomDog from xkcd!

Hello LaserGuy, you are BoomDog (xkcd), Mafia Loud Neighbor, Day Thief!

Pickpocket: If you are the leading player on a wagon and that person is lynched, you will steal any items they have. Additionally, if that player has a passive trait, you will gain it and it will override your current passive trait. If that player has more than one passive trait, you may choose which trait to take on.

Neighbor: You share a neighborhood with [Player] and [Player] and may communicate with them in the provided topic at any time during the Day and Night phases so long as you are alive.

Boom!: If you target a player, that player will be informed that you targeted them.

You are partners with [Player] and may communicate with them in this topic any time during the Day and Night phases so long as you're alive. Additionally, each Night, one of you may submit a factional Night Kill. Only one killing action may be submitted by your faction at a time.

You win when your faction controls 50% of the votes or nothing can prevent that from happening.

It is now Night 3, Dusk

Dusk ends Sunday, May 3, 2020 11:59 pm [-04:00]
Night ends Monday, May 4, 2020 11:59 pm [-04:00]

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
anyways you been my scumread for the past week so of course I'm gon try to roleblock you.... yo token could've been a vig shot for all I knew lmao

Top Bottom