• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
In all honesty, I'm not terribly upset about mislynching Sabrar flip, even if it WAS a mislynch. It just lets me know that I was on the wrong course for basically all of D1. I also didn't expect to see Ran be NK'ed. Didn't think he was super townie while he was here. With that being said, I'm pretty sure that Pokechu is probably town, despite the fact that they are pushing for me.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I mean Boom is either town siding as a wolf, or deflecting scum reads off his partner for miniscule reasons

Saying he'd take the bullet for UP makes no sense from either alignment, and he was against a CFD on lasor, so like I want a reason for his town read on lasor that isn't due to a post from today, cause it doesn't make sense given his stance yesterday

He also doesn't really show remorse for ultimately calling sabrar a wolf randomly, it was mostly a random vote change because he didn't want to vote UP? I assume
The whole tanking the lynch thing was all based on IF I decided UP was town, that's a big IF. Ran and Sabrar were stuck on me being scum and I'd rather get lynched before LYLO. When the Sabrar lynch opened upI went for it because I any scum team of 3 without me or UP had to include Sabrar. I have plenty of remorse about the Sabrar mislynch right after the flip. But I've had a few days to get over it.

I was against the firedrill onto LaserGuy because I was still confident Sabrar was scum. (Side note calling it a Chinese Fire Drill seems racist). I'm glad we did it because it clearly shows that Poke, wiisp and UP are not teammates with Laserguy, so that was some good info. But, Sabrar was being low energy, and seemed to not care about the lynch, and was sure I was scum when he should be uncertain and hedgy. But I guess I don't know him as well as I thought. Maybe he was in a bad mood.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm glad we did it because it clearly shows that Poke, wiisp and UP are not teammates with Laserguy, so that was some good info.
Why do you think the bolded? UP unvoted Laser right after. I think a scum team of those two is still valid

Wiisp

Smash Lord
imagine calling Sabrar low energy
certain people just lose their wim when surrounding by people they may perceive to be idiots
or maybe he just wanted to die at this post
not claiming his role kinda points to that
but he also was still trying to push you
and he didnt ever give up in the thread

also again, look at your role pm? what do you see? you see your alignment
if you are mafia, you have teammates, if you are town, you know nothing but your alignment, the dead flips, and what the mod tells you
if you are town, you are always worth more than a person you don't know for a fact is actually town

Why was Sabrar scum?
Why is lasor town?
stop avoiding the question
stop using new information to justify a past action

also not talk to me about a new scum team now

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I really like Jack (and wiisps) thoughts about UP. They seems like they are coming from a townie PoV. Jack feels ligitimatly guilty, which they wouldn't if they knew UPs alignment 100%, so there's a clear lack of TMI there. There's a lot less people left then I thought. I guess I really need to reconsider LaserGuy. I think I'm currently at:

Town:
Wiisp
Pokechou

Town-lean:
Jack
UP
Z25

Scum-Lean
LaserGuy

Wiisp

Smash Lord
imagine posting a one person scum lean on day 3
and its literally just, "I guess I have to reconsider this"
while everyone else is town or a town lean...

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why was Sabrar scum?
Why is lasor town?
stop avoiding the question
stop using new information to justify a past action

also not talk to me about a new scum team now
I'm not avoiding the question. I answered why Sabrar was acting scummy. D2, Laser was in my town books for defending me D1, that's strong enough for me.

I planned to do a reread and do a team analysis properly, but maybe I can just do it from memory. This will take a while to compose though.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I guess I can do them one at a time. I'll start from the bottom. Other people can feel free to add to the list.

LaserGuy is not scummates with:
- Z25, because Z is pushing hard for Laser today (D3)
- UP, because UP was willing to jump on the Laser FireDrill ( P Poke he could have been insincery but that's super risky during a firedrill 5 minutes before deadline.
- wiisp because firedrill
- Poke because firedrill

Possible mates: Jack, Boomfrog

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Z25 is not mates with:
Laser - pushing hard D3
BoomFrog - pushing for lynch D2

Possible mates: UP, wiisp, poke, Jack

It's interesting how few of Z25's pushes I remember. This is one who needs a reread.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
UP is not mates with:
poke - Pushing for lynch D2 and start of D3
Laser - UP jumped on Firedrill

Need to reread D2 to see z25 and jack's interactions. I think one of them was for lynching UP.

Possible mates: BoomFrog, wiisp, z25, Jack

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Pokechou is not mates with:
Laser - firedrill
UP - Pushing late D2 and D3

possible mates BoomFrog, wiisp, z25, Jack

wiisp is not mates with:
laser - firedrill

but I'm not going to seriously consider wiisp, if they are a wolf then whatever, wolves win.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So yeah, that's where I'm at on teams. Combining the connections and content reads, most likely is Jack and or Z25 is mates with Laser but I'd need to reread the three of them. If I had to pick now I'd say Jack and Laser.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
You do what you feel is needed without Ranmaru they is a vaccum that needs filled and we both know I can't do it.
lmao
and other then our one mafia game together
I am just taking your word for it
I have also read a few of your wolf games

Wiisp

Smash Lord
wolf!Jack here is pretty prepared to kill me tonight
He isn't stupid, he knows what he can't possibly push
everyone else is kinda fair game

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Laser and Jack seems like a probable team. I didn't want to say anything about Jack yet, but I decided during the night that Jack could very well be the other scum here. I am honestly shocked that there's 2 scum and not 3 in an 11 person game, but what can you do. I have a pretty good token now that I am planning to use during the night, as well as a messenger token. Debating whether I should send the message detailing what my good token can do, or just use the good token during the upcoming night.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
2 scum is optimal for 11 players...
idk what kind of games y'all have been playing

I remember when I had token
but Ranmaru stole it, and then died with it
and all I got was this bloody watermelon for it

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
- UP, because UP was willing to jump on the Laser FireDrill ( P Poke P Poke he could have been insincery but that's super risky during a firedrill 5 minutes before deadline.
- wiisp because firedrill
- Poke because firedrill
I agree that they're probably town, but I don't think the firedrill is enough to write them off, even if they really don't make sense as a team for other factors.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I really like Jack (and wiisps) thoughts about UP. They seems like they are coming from a townie PoV. Jack feels ligitimatly guilty, which they wouldn't if they knew UPs alignment 100%, so there's a clear lack of TMI there.
I disagree.

Is it just me or have we found ourselves in a situation where the lynch seems too easy? Like nobody is sticking up for LG... The team could be Boom and Jack; Boom really had no reason to stick up for Jack here without doing the same for Wiisp, who they also bundled in that bit. The fact that everybody seemed to agree on LG is also rather scary to that point.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
How am I suddenly only scum with laser? It bothers me how Up came to that conclusion. With nothing to back it up apart from Boom just threw it out there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
reasons for town!UP

1. wolves don't play like that
2. his tone doesn't align with his wolf game
3. He stated he asked to be modkill

in regards to 3, I want to believe that a wolf doesnt use that statement to further some malicious goal
and I haven't been wrong in regards to those kind of reads before

like I am ready to just lose to wolf!UP, because I don't think I can see myself voting him outside of maybe F3 if we make it there
1) yes they can, plenty of scum do that to appeal to apathy. It’s like saying if you vote me you’ll be sorry. It’s a very common scum and town tactic so it really could go either way.

2) Up’s game rapidly changes in ton and actions though. Look at sorcer he went from literally starting a wagon on me his teammate day one, and then in flavorless he came in with drive and ambition to contribute. That’s two contrasting plays right there.

3) I actually agree with what Chu said here. This doesn’t matter one way or another.

Could he be town? Sure, but it’s not confirmed. Boom is a bigger issue though and I would rather lynch him first. Policy lynch of Up makes sense but could be risky.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 is not mates with:
Laser - pushing hard D3
BoomFrog - pushing for lynch D2

Possible mates: UP, wiisp, poke, Jack

It's interesting how few of Z25's pushes I remember. This is one who needs a reread.
Day one I pushed for Ninja,

Day 2 I wanted Laser, considering scum Sabrar or Up, but ultimately I was pushing hard for you no matter what Ran or anyone said.

Funny how you don’t remember that

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Day one I pushed for Ninja,

Day 2 I wanted Laser, considering scum Sabrar or Up, but ultimately I was pushing hard for you no matter what Ran or anyone said.

Funny how you don’t remember that
I don’t think it’s funny at all; he didn’t say you didn’t have any pushes, but instead you weren’t as vocal about it as others. I disagree with that sentiment, as I do remember your pushes, but I’m pretty sure that’s what he means by that.

Top Bottom