• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk why either of these things matter
the first line is literally just mudslinging
and the latter means absolutely nothing to me
I just really don't understand the focus on Sabrar. Like the shift from UP to Sabrar. IDK part of me is super passionate about the game now that I've made a wall I'm proud of (that went mostly ignored :() but I'm also just confused.

For reference I am rereading the thread and not just sitting making ***** posts. That post I made is a ***** post but I really couldn't help myself

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sabrar's not even here

You guys let Poyzin come in and have a scene and play theatre and suddenly he's not the lynch anymore

but someone who's not even here to defend themselves is free real estate?
Poy has a lot to to answer and explain, Sabrar has been read as scum back and forth the whole game. Making there be a lot more points and less explanation for them needed

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Why did you sit back and do nothing on Day 1? (You were talking to Maven so this is intentional)
It really was not intentional. If I die then so be it but this has been a busy time for me and mafia was not a priority. Was I really talking to Maven though?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just really don't understand the focus on Sabrar. Like the shift from UP to Sabrar. IDK part of me is super passionate about the game now that I've made a wall I'm proud of (that went mostly ignored :() but I'm also just confused.

For reference I am rereading the thread and not just sitting making ***** posts. That post I made is a ***** post but I really couldn't help myself
Then how do you feel about Ran creating this shift?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The whole not voting someone who is not here thing does bother me not going to lie, a bit like part of me not wanting to vote Up because I felt bad for him yesterday. We can't just not lynch the preferred choice this close to deadline because they are not here.

I'm a person who worries about the impact actions have on people even in mafia, which makes it quite hard to play sometimes, but I still want to win something I put a lot of time into.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Z25 is pretty much doing the same thing lol
just actively lurks till its convenient
I hate it

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
????? why are people saying UP as wolf is 'too easy'? It 'doesn't fit'??

He popped in the thread with "Hi!" and underlined it. And left. LOL :joyful:

Which I honestly can't blame him for losing motivation but it's a very bad look that town would have been more concerned with. Even if he lost motivation if he was town he should/would have said it then and there while trying to make posts, at least work with us.

Not only that but I don't think he's ever responded to my post here

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

unless I missed it! Did I miss it? I'm still curious about the answers
A: I had to underline the "Hi" because I wanted to type as little as possible all while meeting the /10char limit. So, I had to include an exclamation point and BB code to hit the limit.

B: You've done a lot of piggybacking, and I'm not really sensing a natural progression from your slot. Even if you're gunning for me, it feels forced and I feel like if you're scum, then you're buddies with Laser. (As a comparison, I'd like to think that Ran could be town here, as he feels far more natural in his reads, even if I don't agree with them at all. However, that's not enough for me to commit to a Ran townread.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 is pretty much doing the same thing lol
just actively lurks till its convenient
I hate it
I’ve been busier this phase for one.

And for two can you really say there’s scum intent behind my behavior? Because you can easily see the difference in my plays here. Also to say I show yo when convenient is an exaggeration considering the amount of thoughts and topics I’ve been trying to put out into this thread.

On top of me being against the main idea for most of the day, there wasn’t anything else I could provide because that was my beliefs for the day. But believe what you want if my slot

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I can not "easily" see the difference
if I could, the above wouldn't even come out my tongue
your play here seems to be, "Well its not like there is anything else I can do"
"I don't want to put him at L1, but he is the only I want to lynch"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin You say you lost will power this game. Can you expand on why? Was it something from in-game that caused you to lose will power? Please walk us through your thought process.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
B: You've done a lot of piggybacking, and I'm not really sensing a natural progression from your slot. Even if you're gunning for me, it feels forced and I feel like if you're scum, then you're buddies with Laser. (As a comparison, I'd like to think that Ran could be town here, as he feels far more natural in his reads, even if I don't agree with them at all. However, that's not enough for me to commit to a Ran townread.)
Can you pull out some quotes? Because this whole paragraph here is just like general. Like no evidence.

From the start, I thought that you vs. Sab was TvS and Laser vs Jack was TvS. I've just happened to flip sides on each. What's so wrong that? I can bring up quotes where I said I didn't think those pairs were the same alignment and quotes where I said I was liking Sab's content. Jack not so much but throughout this phase I had been thinking that I was holding that one vote of his against him too much.

I also think it's easy to see why someone would lose a townread of you, I think the disappearances really hurt

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A: I had to underline the "Hi" because I wanted to type as little as possible all while meeting the /10char limit. So, I had to include an exclamation point and BB code to hit the limit.

That reminds, I fully agree with your second point here but didn’t get to touch on it earlier. Chu came in town reading you when everyone else wasn’t really.

They only changed once your votes and topic of your lynch was coming close to being a thing. Feels incredibly coincidental to me and definitely looks forced

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin You say you lost will power this game. Can you expand on why? Was it something from in-game that caused you to lose will power? Please walk us through your thought process.
I think this is a pretty obvious answer that you especially should know why but UP answer first

Wiisp

Smash Lord
piggybacking is probably the wrong word
both Pokechu and Lasor are progressing, but progressing in "isolation" of what is happening in the thread, which is one of the problems I have

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pokechu's real-time is definitely a lot better than when he comes in with his, "this is my iso of a few posts from said person"

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Then how do you feel about Ran creating this shift?
I'm not surprised. I remember what Wiisp said earlier about the whole T chart, like horizontally was read accuracy and vertically was influence on the game, and Ran was right in the middle but at the very very top. I just think it's misguided to focus on Sab right now and Poyzin should be a much bigger concern. I feel like we lynched Ninja for less, why shouldn't we gank Poy? Trying to see what I can piece together right now but doing that while simultaneously working on assignments is not easy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can not "easily" see the difference
if I could, the above wouldn't even come out my tongue
your play here seems to be, "Well its not like there is anything else I can do"
"I don't want to put him at L1, but he is the only I want to lynch"
I assume this is aimed at me.

I really think your second and third point are honestly completely wrong and I can’t see how you think that.

I’ve been trying to progress the game plenty with reads and thoughts on each slot. I may be the delayed neighbor but I’ve been actively scoping out players with interactions. If you want to see the Z doesn’t think there is anything else he can do then go read flavorless, because I literally said the same thing there and was town. But I’ll admit I put way less effort into that game and wanted to do better this one.

And your second point, what are you even talking about? I’ve been completely opposed to the Up lynch today and stayed in Boom, Who I still think is worth more then Sabrar. I have had my vote on him for most of day. I have no intention or refusal to switch to Sabrar. In fact if I thought he was the better played I’d put him at l-1 no problem because there’s barely any time left.

So why you think I have an objection there does not make sense to me.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
lmao imagine discrediting the lynch on Ninja, who I think had way more tangible reasons to believe he was a wolf
wasn't discrediting, was trying to say that I personally think Poy eclipses Ninja in terms of scumminess. Like Poy's as scummy as Ninja was, if not more imo

Wiisp

Smash Lord
the last sentence was in regards to you handling the Ninja train
not any of the trains today

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It wasn't really about this game in particular. Like I've said previously, there was a lot of outside factors involved too. However, I would once again rather not go into it too much. I already feel guilty for throwing myself a pity party yesterday and I feel like I kind of cheated myself into a townread rather than earning it over time like others in this game. So for that, and I am aware of my unhelpfulness, I'm going to abstain for the integrity of the game. I hate appealing to emotion and I don't have any reason to save myself as my role is pretty useless.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
man if UP gets lynched and flips town
that might actually kill my wim for the rest of the game haha

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Poy’s POV is very easy to see compared to Ninja.

But that’s because I’m probably a big part of why he was so upset given the way flavorless went down and I played a big role in that. So I can buy that way more then the amount of things ninja was putting out there

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm curious Z why you think I should have known that answer.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I also think it's easy to see why someone would lose a townread of you, I think the disappearances really hurt
Explain? Losing a townread is hardly an issue for me as long as people get the picture that I'm town in the end. I didn't go out of my way to appear town until just yesterday.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm curious Z why you think I should have known that answer.
You hosted flavorless, you saw how bad the final went and Up’s post game reactions as well as Kary being kinda of harsh even more so, it’s not hard to see why that would get to someone.

If that was me I’d be pretty burnt out for awhile

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see. I only payed close attention to the early game (I took some notes I have yet to post, which I intend to do in the future). I did see the end, but felt that was more due to his own arrogance. Here, he wasn't pressured into that state.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Speaking of post-game reactions
I was coined as the Post-Game Warrior on MU by some people xD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see. I only payed close attention to the early game (I took some notes I have yet to post, which I intend to do in the future). I did see the end, but felt that was more due to his own arrogance. Here, he wasn't pressured into that state.
I fully agree that this game didn’t play into that factor at all. But I can easily see prior games getting to someone that way. It’s happened to me before, I even took a break from several games because of it. Certain moments in mafia can just make it really hard to get right back into playing another game

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think that Pokechu is the safest lynch here. I also am hypothesizing that if Pokechu is scum, then they're bound to be aligned with Laser as evident due to their shade throwing before reverting back to their position on me. And guess what?? My next post is going to be an ISO! Can't wait...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Explain? Losing a townread is hardly an issue for me as long as people get the picture that I'm town in the end. I didn't go out of my way to appear town until just yesterday.
Usually town try to make their disappearances clear, they try to show up for EoD, they don't just disappear of out nowhere. That takes some points off. I was liking Sabrar's content this day phase so I felt the town between you two was him. Takes more points off. And then you also never responded to my #1685 but I actually don't think it's important now to get an answer, since it was 16 pages ago. When you disappear like that it shows your intent isn't to help town, since people could have questions they want answered and you're not there. So it prevents progression of people's reads. Even now you disappeared for a bit again. I think it makes you a liability and I don't know how I'll be able to trust your slot in MyLo or LyLo

And I was just rereading D2 as a whole and I assume I just liked you better D1, just reading through the thread with my first impression.

Top Bottom