• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Dude you left your vote on me. Vote for wiisp (there's a weird power crossing the kill target with them and Sabrar). We are lynching Sabrar today.

##Unvote just to avoid accidental hammer potential.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am around playing Splatoon 2. If we move back I prefer UP.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Is this a trick question? I wouldn't vote.

Or, to specify, I'd just stay where I am. Laser or Poy. If I'm scumreading Laser and he's gone against both of you then I don't think it makes much sense for me to be eager to join either wagon

Actually I think I should move back to Poy because me gunning for Laser like that was pretty ambitious and I don't think many are likely to follow

Unvote
##Poy
That's not a valid answer to my question. Your read of me can't be exactly as likely to be scum as Sabrar. You can't be so sure of Laser+Poy that it's impossible I or Sabrar are scum. If you are the deciding vote and it's tied up between me and Sabrar who do you choose?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's not a valid answer to my question. Your read of me can't be exactly as likely to be scum as Sabrar. You can't be so sure of Laser+Poy that it's impossible I or Sabrar are scum. If you are the deciding vote and it's tied up between me and Sabrar who do you choose?
I'd leave it to god's hands
If no majority is reached by the deadline, the player with the highest amount of votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the player who reached the highest amount of votes first will be lynched.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
LMAO :joyful: I couldn't help myself I just found this post super hilarious

To cooperate probably you because people have been suspicious of you for longer I feel. Neither action (lynching you or Sab) would go in accordance with my readlist because you're 3rd and 4th but I think more people are curious for your flip

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That's bad for town. If the choice is between mafia and town then the mafia will be influencing the vote. Town only wins by diluting the mafia influence and all voting. You need to vote for a tractable target or you are hurting town. Who do you choose?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
nah Pokechu is right
I am actually scared of being wrong
My god save us all

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Your god isn't here. Pull the trigger solider!

(Just clowning, no actual pressure)

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I envy the people that are super confident with their votes
Old!Wisp was really similar, but those days are gone

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Boom (3) - UP, Z25, Sabrar [L-2]

Wisp (3) - Boom, Laser, Ran [L-2]

UP (1) - Chu

Laser (2) - Jack, Wisp

pretty sure this is the vote count but could be wrong

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yes. Town a very capable of playing badly, and UP has a reputation for doing that. #1 rule of mafia, if what you are doing is too easy then something is wrong.
he hasn't posted like all day. if he was really town then instead of AtE only yesterday he'd still be in here making connections and helping us out. not going gone for the third time this game when we've put him on blast for each time already

he still hasn't responded to this and i want my answer dammit
Can I ask what the point of these posts were? They both feel weirdly out of place. The first was opportunist and shading Sab for "defending" Ran (even though he wasn't really). The second was just weird and empty. Kind of devaluing Sabrar even though that's a genuine concern he made (that UP's insomniac isn't his whole role).

Like with the first, did you do it to be cute LOL :laugh: or do you really think that Sab/Ranmaru is a possible team? And with the second do you think it's like TMI or something for Sab to be concerned with your role? Or once again being cute ? Really want your responses

I'm assuming based off this #1322

You do think Sab/Ran is the team so could you link me to why you think Ranmaru is a deep wolf? Did you make a post about him D1 I don't remember? Because if you think Sab/Ran is the team why are you saying this in #1301

I still like you more than most but I want your responses for these. I actually really like your #1349 because I think Z is relying way too heavily on the wiki (something unofficial and the host can disregard) to push against you. And that's my problem with Z, like just how he did my slot I feel he isn't using actual evidence or content to argue his points

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok I'm here now and will be until end of day. We need to agree on something. Based off what I read that lies in Sabrar UP and Boom. I think I still perfer Boom, but UP no showing a lot again makes my concearns about that slot even more real. I would need to relook at Sabrar over the night phase since I keep going back and forth on that slot. So don't really want to lynch there today. The whole wisp and Sabrar thing is something I have never seen before either and concerns me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Unless someone can give me a valid case on Sabrar or show me the one that I missed, then I could go there today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: I think his play has been tunneling UP, with some questioning that has seemed townie. Yet he's been keeping Boom at a distance, until now. He has been questioning Wisp on Day 1 with legitimate concerns, such as Wisp's shade on him, but he labels him as indy, and then drops it the next Day. Sabrar's play on Day 2, has been very lacking. His push on Boom seems like an omgus, because he wasn't considering Boom before he voted Sabrar. Boom was already showing signs of considering everyone but himself and UP in his reads.

This quote is in response to me asking Sabrar why he was less engaged today. I think this shows the lack of desire to find scum, and sticking to UP.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Couple quick things.

First, as I mentioned earlier, my reads do tend to fluctuate a lot throughout the game. I don't really care or worry about being particularly consistent or having good progression with my reads. I care about being right. If I'm reading someone as Town for an entire phase or two and suddenly they ping me hard enough, I'll vote for them. Or, likewise, if someone gives me the right kind of towntell, I'll give them a pass even if I've been scum reading them all game. I don't care.

So what I saw last night was everyone tunneling these two wagons and everybody convinced they're right. And the two people being lynched aren't fighting it at all and haven't at any point tried to seriously push a counterwagon even against some fairly soft targets still around. It looks very bad. Easy for scum to hide among the townies. So I looked at the PoE of everyone else if both wagons are on Town and voted the most promising player.

Just as important, I wanted to see how plastic those wagons were. Who was feeling the same way I was and wanted a different option and who didn't care.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok that sounds fair and goes with the meta that I think laser said day one that Sabrar is more passive but agrro as town. He has being uber focused on UP for a long time and seemed to have little intrest looking elsewhere while the rest of us did. I also agree the push on Boom lacked fight to a degree and was a bit OMGUS.

On the Wisp part though would him dropping it not make sense with the lovers thing to a degree. I'm not sure what the correct reaction to that is tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sabrar is a lynch I could support but I’m not fully switching yet. Regardless of my scum thoughts though, Sabrar has been consistently considered as a member of the teams I thought of. He can work in a lot of them tbh

Jackrito

Smash Ace
OK I just reread everything from today that I missed. I feel ok about the Sabrar lynch feel like a bit bad voting someone who is not here, but nothing we can do about that. I agree with Wisp in not liking Sabrar last post and part of me feels that they is a scum in Wisp and Sabrar just based off that role. Its the type of thing I loved to do as a host. I townread Wisp a lot more also so a easy choice.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t think he’s a big scum threat though, because I have a feeling the other scum could have a plan or action that could be big tonight based on the way several people were playing this phase

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom (3) - UP, Z25, Sabrar [L-2]

Wisp (3) - Boom, Laser, Ran [L-2]

UP (1) - Chu

Laser (2) - Jack, Wisp

pretty sure this is the vote count but could be wrong
I unvoted, but yeah.

Jackrito Jackrito Laser isn't a viable lynch today. Vote me, UP or "Wiisp" (actually sabrar)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sabrar's not even here

You guys let Poyzin come in and have a scene and play theatre and suddenly he's not the lynch anymore

but someone who's not even here to defend themselves is free real estate?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'll be here for the rest of the day phase as well
not really interested and explaining my thoughts on Sabrar/UP or really rereading, I dont have the attention span for that right now
I kinda more a less like, "I dont really believe UP plays like this as a wolf, but I can't really argue that he has done anything townie, and might still be a wolf"

wolf!Sabrar comes down to like, "He is here, posting thoughts, but I dont feel as if he actually cares"
I like that he re-evaluated Boom, but the circumstances of which he did it feel very reactive and pretty omgusy

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Sabrar's not even here

You guys let Poyzin come in and have a scene and play theatre and suddenly he's not the lynch anymore

but someone who's not even here to defend themselves is free real estate?
idk why either of these things matter
the first line is literally just mudslinging
and the latter means absolutely nothing to me

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'll be here for the rest of the day phase as well
not really interested and explaining my thoughts on Sabrar/UP or really rereading, I dont have the attention span for that right now
I kinda more a less like, "I dont really believe UP plays like this as a wolf, but I can't really argue that he has done anything townie, and might still be a wolf"

wolf!Sabrar comes down to like, "He is here, posting thoughts, but I dont feel as if he actually cares"
I like that he re-evaluated Boom, but the circumstances of which he did it feel very reactive and pretty omgusy
I just felt like Sabrar was pleaing with Boom a bit today with the whole you don't know me as well as you think thing and that bothered me a lot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
##Unvote

I'm here until EoD. Would love to get things figured out.
Well then, two thoughts:

What’s your opinion on the last minute switch to not try and kill you?
And

How do you feel about Wisp’s claim and Sabrar?

Top Bottom