• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
All in all I'm really not a fan of your blatant misrepresentations in your translations. You get nothing out of it, you don't even try to infer anything from it by describing my actions as townie or scummy. You STILL have not told me exactly which of those actions are the reasons why you townread me. All that serves is to sully my reputation in this game through the use of making a "HeLpFuL" compilation of my posts that are short enough to be read, but are translated beyond their original meaning and taken out of context.

Maven89

Smash Master
Sabrar, I really had almost no thoughts on Utopians #183 post you linked to me. All I see is a guy trying really hard to be chummy, which I don't see as scum or town.

Someone please link me Utopian's biggest hits so I can read them and have a better grasp of what is going on right now. If I actually try to catch up on the entire thread I won't make it until the day ends. You all post too much.

And for those who don't know me/haven't played with me in years, no, me not being here is not a "playstyle". It's because I work 50-60 hours a week and do other things on top of it. Normally that's fine, I don't post much but I can be caught up because we don't have 600 posts in a couple of days.

I still don't like Ranmaru btw

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
they've [Wiisp] been generally townie, even by betting that I flip town.
I just have decided that I don't have enough evidence to say that this is Wiisp, so Wiisp is now null for me.
You explanations of your thinking change retroactively. I find that to be scummy. It shows you aren't actually thinking things through. You are trying to remember your position instead of just having a position.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, updated thoughts on Ninja? Any other updates?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
UP
can I just say, I don't really care much of what you think of me
I just want Sorcerer UP back, like not alignment-wise, but post-wise
cause I already have do deal with players like Maven who are null
Ninja who has been a wild ride to read
and now you

like you were the top train for a bit, so can you take this seriously?
please?

Maven89

Smash Master
I think this is disproved from the previous pages. I've been discussing, and only just posted a case on Ninja, along with my reads that I took time to detail with post links. I even asked questions of Sabrar, UP, Jackrito, and Wisp to further develop my reads on them. I waited for these answers before posting my reads.

Well I'll have to take your word on it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ranmaru ranmaru
##vote Ninja
I am going back to not caring
the deal still exists
y'all can vote me for slanking

Wiisp

Smash Lord
i can probably do a quick reread of the lesser talked about players

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pick me pick me
I still thinking the simplest solution, is to look at the people who arent doing anything or very little, and vote in them
so...

Sabrar
Maven
UtopianPoyzin
3DSNinja
Z25
Jackrito
BoomFrog
Wiisp
pythag
Ranmaru
LaserGuy

Remove Ranmaru, Me, Sabrar

Maven
UtopianPoyzin
3DSNinja
Z25
Jackrito
BoomFrog
pythag
LaserGuy

Z25, Laser both come in spurts but they both look like they are trying to solve, which is enough for day 1

Maven
UtopianPoyzin
3DSNinja
Jackrito
BoomFrog
pythag

Pythag feels tonally town

Maven
UtopianPoyzin
3DSNinja
Jackrito
BoomFrog

I'd rather not lynch Jack or Maven, mainly because Maven is still hit or miss, and Jackrito is just someone I am never touching day 1 ever

UtopianPoyzin
3DSNinja
BoomFrog

Boom/UP are probably not w/w
because of a certain post, don't feel like finding it
but I think that is the best PoE to lynch in outside Jack/Maven which I would put as Neutral

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Ninja'd

3DS can you please summarize your case
Alright then, here goes nothing.

I screwed up. Big time. I decided to try to bail out Laser with my neighbor claim, not knowing that Neighbor could be Mafia cause I've never played with it and I haven't played Mafia in a year. Once I heard that the neighbor claim wasn't an automatic townie confirm, I got a bit suspicious of Laser, but then when he made his big post I dropped it, and I never voted for him. I then accidentlly mistook Xivii in my email for Wiisp, which made everyone even more suspicious and honestly, fair. I then gave up after a while of defending myself, because I figured what was the point. Then I realized that Ran was criticizing me for trying to preserve myself and not the town above all else. So, I decided to go more agressive after I realized that UP was way too obvious to actually be scum, so I looked over the info and figured that Ran was the most likely to be scum besides perhaps Sabrar. I then get attacked for playing more aggresively and apparently that proved that I was scum.

I don't get it. I try to investigate for the town, I'm mafia. I try to defend myself, I'm mafia, I defend UP, I'm mafia. I honestly am going to stop trying to defend myself, and instead focus on figuring out who the actual scum are. Because that's what I should be doing.

And honestly, I'm really rusty at mafia, haven't played in a year on a forum and it was a hell of a lot simpler then it is here.
But, honestly no one is gonna listen to my defense, so why did I bother?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
##vote Boomfrog
because I think his vote on UP was weird
and just straight up OMGUS
I also want another train that isn't in UP, or Ninja

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

I screwed up. Big time. I decided to try to bail out Laser with my neighbor claim, not knowing that Neighbor could be Mafia cause I've never played with it and I haven't played Mafia in a year. Once I heard that the neighbor claim wasn't an automatic townie confirm, I got a bit suspicious of Laser, but then when he made his big post I dropped it, and I never voted for him. I then accidentlly mistook Xivii in my email for Wiisp, which made everyone even more suspicious and honestly, fair. I then gave up after a while of defending myself, because I figured what was the point. Then I realized that Ran was criticizing me for trying to preserve myself and not the town above all else. So, I decided to go more agressive after I realized that UP was way too obvious to actually be scum, so I looked over the info and figured that Ran was the most likely to be scum besides perhaps Sabrar. I then get attacked for playing more aggresively and apparently that proved that I was scum.

I don't get it. I try to investigate for the town, I'm mafia. I try to defend myself, I'm mafia, I defend UP, I'm mafia. I honestly am going to stop trying to defend myself, and instead focus on figuring out who the actual scum are. Because that's what I should be doing.

And honestly, I'm really rusty at mafia, haven't played in a year on a forum and it was a hell of a lot simpler then it is here.
I trust you. I’ve noticed that your posts have gotten progressively better. You define source more like a frustrated townie to me, even if your early posts were kinda sketch. I don’t fully agree with your Ran read, but I’m willing to keep you around. I do think that scum are looking for an easy mislynch on you. Do you agree with that last statement?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I do think Ran is pushing, either because he legit thinks I'm scum, or he is scum and wants an easy town lynch.
I'm leaning toward the latter, but he could be a townie

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I do think Ran is pushing, either because he legit thinks I'm scum, or he is scum and wants an easy town lynch.
I'm leaning toward the latter, but he could be a townie
you manage to hedge once, but twice here
like OMG

"Why can't anyone see that I am trying"
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You explanations of your thinking change retroactively. I find that to be scummy. It shows you aren't actually thinking things through. You are trying to remember your position instead of just having a position.
Alright, thank you for your position. That is a completely valid reason for scumreading me, and I respect you for saying such. However, I very much do have a position on everybody, so saying that I don’t may be a bit misleading. For example, Wiisp is currently a null-town read, and I will stand by that.

In regards to your quotes, I do believe that these were taken out of context, in the sense that I was trying to make comparisons that you left out. The first bit, where I describe Wiisp as townie, that was me when I withdrew Wiisp from saying that they were in the scumteam. Reason? They were for too townie to be at the bottom of my list, and we’re only there due to the situation. As for them townreading me, that in itself does not make Wiisp townie. It’s a convoluted explanation, but I still stand by what I said.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
He can be town or scum
I think its the latter, but he can still be townie

that is literally #665 in a nutshell

Wiisp

Smash Lord
its just an omgus
and it feels like a wolf trying to lop on a bad reason to vote someone

Jackrito

Smash Ace

I still don't get why you felt a need to bail him out, even if you think he was town its a weird move so early you ruined the adv of having a neighbourhood by outting it in the process as well. They is no such thing as too obvious to be scum as scum as well, since the scum and town range vary so much. You dropped your entire scum read on UP on this assumption? They is nothing wrong with being agressive they is when it is at odds with your eariler play and aimed at people that are pushing you.

The list of things you did are partly the issue you are trying too many different things at once, a true town player just does what they think is right and stick by their convictions a bit. You are just trying to do what you think we want.

You say mafia is simpler when you used to play expain to me how this is different?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I keep getting stuck on Boom's comment though
"Ninja wouldn't think the neighborhood is all town unless he was town as well"

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
On the forum I played, Mafia couldn't have roles besides Godfather and well, Mafia..

That's the key difference here. Here, Mafia can have any role and be mafia.

Top Bottom