• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The Case of the UP Contradiction (part1)

UP calls LG null but more scummy than null in #94.

UP makes a list in #95 that is ordered but everyone besides Wiisp and myself are yellow (aka nulls).

I first point out #94 in #326.

UP reacts in #372

This implies that the list was ordered and there was actual reasons for putting people above LG.

Wiisps asks the reasons for that order in #441.

UP skips the question in #452, insisitng that the list doesn't matter because it has been updated.

I point this out in #509 and ask him to provide the reasons for that ordering.

This is UP's reply from #569

He insists he shouldn't have to justify it because it's updated. That is not the case.

This is me from #575

He is still refusing to answer in #599

Summary: UP produced an ordered read-list, in some posts he claims that the yellows are all null, in others he claims that there were reasons for that specific order. He is unwilling/unable to give those reasons despite multiple prodding.
I don't think I need to explain the reasons for the order because it doesn't matter. All the yellows are null. That is the truth. The null reads are sorted by personal preference and unpolished gut reads, being present just for the kick of it. I do not feel strongly about any of the placements. Trying to prove that these are my cemented opinions are a ****ing lie. I shouldn't need to explain my order if my opinions are in flux to begin with, and I do not plan on addressing this case any further. Trying to smear my name with a fake contradiction based upon a false dilemma is not a very strong start.

The Case of the UP Contradiction (part2)

UP switches during RVS to me in #13 because

Just for reference, I continue my RVS joke in #35 and bring up LG's emoting.

UP makes his case against me in #201:

So because I'm 'justifying' my vote it implies that he considers it serious.

Later when asked about it he states in #572:

So according to this my vote was obviously not serious.

Finally, when I point out the contradiction he says this in #599:

So now my first post was indeed serious and not joking.
The first post I viewed to obviously be a joke. Why the **** would it not be. You can't seriously believe that I didn't realize that your very first post in the game, before Laser had even posted, was a serious vote. If you really think this is the case, then I wholeheartedly regret assuming that you were a strong player.

With that being said, I found the source of the confusion.

While the first post was serious
This was obviously a mistype. No other post I have made has reflected this comment. I meant to say "While the first post wasn't serious". The second post seemed like you were trying to justify a joke vote. I honestly do not know how I can simplify it anymore. However, it appears that you are correct. By the technical definition of the term, it appears that I have "CoNtRaDiCtEd MySeLf". I know, I didn't think this day would ever arrive. However, this is the real punch to your theory. While I will admit defeat regarding the contradiction of the second part, the first holds no water in my eyes. Now, how does this contradiction make me scum? What leads you to believe that I, who have experienced dozens of RVSs, would somehow think that now, the very first post of the game coming from Sabrar, was suddenly a serious vote? The answer is there is no reason. You're just desperate to accuse somebody of being scum, so assuming good faith is just out the window because its "TeChNiCaLlY a CoNtRaDiCtIoN" that you can pin me for. And when I get mislynched, you'd say "WeLl He DiD cOnTrAdIcT hImSeLf So I sUpPoSe He HaD iT cOmInG". Obviously you wouldn't say that, but you'd be able to scoot out of the spot light in the name of contradictions. And to that I tell you, no. To be honest, I really didn't believe that I said that. And rightly so, as it was no doubtly a mistype. So the fact that I'm being held on trial for something as trivial as this is boggling, unless you believe that contradictions are the key to victory. I posted in the green room that 3DS was probably town really early on, but I didn't really feel like doing anything about it. Obviously don't check it now, we'll get to it after the end of the game, but it was really lame that nobody wanted to look into anything besides what appeared to be obviously scummy to everybody else. Like everybody on the 3DS wagon is going to get off scot free because 3DS was scummy, and it sucks man, it really sucks. And the worst part is this: the people OFF the wagon are just as likely to be scum! They knew they would flip town, and it's so clear to me that this was distance central and there was 2 on one side of the wagon and 1 that was off or something like that. I'm not even going to delve into whether one of them was a neighbor, (which I still have I confidence that they were). Heck, Z25 is probably the scummer of the bunch, because at least LaserGuy is being rational. LG, I expect a full report of what's going down right now. But right now I'm diving into territory that I do not have evidence for, so I'm going to refrain from witch hunting until I can get my head straight.

Dang I went on a tangent. TL;DR: Sabrar's argument that I'm scum is bad. Contradictions are a great tool to use if you can apply how that makes the contradictee scummy. Sadly, Sabrar is completely incapable of doing this AFAICT.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay so now that my Xivii has basically mod confirmed that they're okay with me doing this, I suppose there isn't any use in keeping my role secret, especially because I haven't seen any rules about claiming, names or otherwise.

I'm LaserGuy from xkcd, and I'm the town insomniac. Maybe that means something to you LaserGuy LaserGuy , but we out here chillin regardless. To not quote my PM, I can post during the night and stuff. It's pretty lame in the sense that I don't have anybody to talk to, but now that I think that I've addressed everything that I want to about the game, I can ****post for 48 more hours, aaaaaand noooooobooooody caaaaaan stooooooop meeeeee!!!!!!11 :awesome:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
A man was at a funeral for an old friend of his, who had been married before he died.

He solemnly approaches the widow and after offering his condolences, asks, “May I say a word?”

The widow sadly answers, “Of course."

The man replies, with his voice near a whisper, “Plethora.”

This had an emotional impact on the widow, and with tears in her eyes, she responds, “Thank you. That means a lot.”

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Pythag has died during the Night. He was...

3DSNinja from SmashBoards!

Hello pythag, you are3DSNinja (SmashBoards), Town Ninja!

Ninja: If you use an action, you will not be seen doing so.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Day 2, Dawn Begins!

A mysterious stranger...​

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (9)
Sabrar, Pokechu, UtopianPoyzin, Z25, Jackrito, BoomFrog, Wiisp, Ranmaru, LaserGuy

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm
Dawn Ends: Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:59 pm

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
first off
Pokechu Pokechu
kinda need you to like do stuff today to make up for your slot giving us literally nothing to work with

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I don't think I need to explain the reasons for the order because it doesn't matter. All the yellows are null. That is the truth. The null reads are sorted by personal preference and unpolished gut reads, being present just for the kick of it.
That's not what you implied before. You could have said this e.g. in #452, #574 or #599 but you never provided a direct answer:
Wtf I’ve told you multiple times that I’ve updated the list lol. This is an old list.
don't expect me to defend the early readslists especially when they don't reflect my current thoughts
I'm not going to talk about the first one because this is you just telling me that I'm scum.
You don't seem to understand the issue. Town should be able to explain whatever posts they make because there is actual thought behind it. Now you say it's gut-feeling. Okay, why not say this a week ago? Why keep avoiding an answer?

The second post seemed like you were trying to justify a joke vote.
If it's obviously a joke-vote then why would I need to justify it? Especially with a reasoning that couldn't have been there at the time of the original vote. It's RVS for crying out loud, we talk sh*t to get the game started somehow. I need no direct reason to keep my vote on LG, precisely because it's a joke-vote.

Also what are your opinions on the other players? Why haven't you given an updated T-S list?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I very much doubt that UP is mafia if he originally started with the insomniac role
I say started because I was given two tokens that I couldn't use given that my ability was compulsive
there really isn't a need to say what those abilities are
I will say that Sabrar didnt lie about his flavor, still ain't sure what that means in terms of his alignment though

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
first off
Pokechu Pokechu
kinda need you to like do stuff today to make up for your slot giving us literally nothing to work with
Of course! I've read up on the thread fully. Bits of it blended together though since it was a lot to read but I put together a list of things that "pinged" me throughout. I'm working on posting it, but it's 11 PM my time so it'll come tomorrow!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Ranmaru not dying is interesting?
could be wine
could be a protection dodge
could be any other sort of mechanical dodge
don't think I am interested in touching that slot yet given his overall content

I will say though, that his handling of players in this game has been nothing short of obnoxious and shallow
sprinkled with thoughts of TMI, because I cant understand his confidence

Wiisp

Smash Lord
UP –

never came back, but his role is absolutely useless as a mafia role, and again I don’t think he has this tone as a wolf after just seeing his wolf game

Ya reading how everyone treated this dude, he is town. And I am not about to let Ninja 2.0 happen

Sabrar points out that contradictions make him an obvious wolf, but that not necessarily true, and more so not true in the case of UP who was way more calculated in his wolf game that I saw, and didn’t respond to pushes on him with bravado

Sabrar Sabrar
I mean that's a possibility, but makes the game harder balance wise
and I don't necessarily believe he is a wolf anyways

Sabrar

Smash Ace
because I cant understand his confidence
Ranmaru has an unnaturally high confidence in his reads even though he changes suspects multiple times a day, each time being absolutely sure that now he has the right one pinned down. It's just how he plays.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ya I get that, I hate it
if he keeps his consistency up this day phase
then I am really not interesting in voting him
I tunneled him in my last game because of this
I learned my lesson

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If it's obviously a joke-vote then why would I need to justify it?
Exactly. You shouldn’t need to justify it. It should be one RVS post, to leave it be. Instead, you doubled down by saying that they were scummy due to them posting emojis, which is not true.

You know how much I like to argue, so I’m not sure why we can’t mutually move past this point to something more productive than RVS.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
my reads are somewhat low-effort
between isoing on this site, and hating the fact that people pressure me to do them, which tends muddie my reads

Pythag – don’t care, he was useless day 1
Nothing malicious comes out of this slot though
Conclusion: Still more likely to be town

Boom –
Still think this slot looks progressively worse as he posts more
Conclusion: Probably a wolf

Z25 –
I mean he spoke thoughts, but honestly this isn’t any different that how he played Sorcerer, with maybe more bravado? Didn’t vote all day because logic?
Early scum read on Lasor? Never voted from what I see so far, gotta keep reading though (ya he didnt do much but take a back seat to the thread)
Conclusion: Still in the middle

Lasorguy –
What my brain wants to say, “A wolf probably doesn’t start the game off with a gambit that brings attention to himself.” His content is overall more natural than most in this game, even above Ranmaru
Conclusion: Town

Sabrar –
like IDK what to say here, his posts are ok?
His read list is ok?
Votes UP all day, hedges on Boom who was a counter train at one point because Up is wolfier?
But doesn’t seem to care about getting UP lynched
His handling of Ninja was just as bad
Conclusion: still in the middle

Ranmaru –
I am not reading this guys posts, if he can play this way as a wolf, then this game is already over. If he is town he most likely self-resolves anyways, outside worlds where they just leave him for wine because he is wrong? I mean he is certainly wrong on me, and doesn’t seem to know how to not read of face-value. He is on varying levels of shallow, “gotcha moments”, and big brain reads that half the time probably aren’t a thing. But again, it’s not like Ninja really did anything to help his case.
Conclusion: Town lean by Volume and Content

Jackrito –
how I want to read him, which is, I don’t think Jack takes this fencesitty stance as a wolf when the Ninja lynch was literally handed to him. On another hand, given how I’ve seen him play, seeing him even think that Ninja could be town here, bothers me. Jack put me as red, which also really bothers me. Still think his overall plan has been trying to understand rather than manipulate
Conclusion: probably town

Maven –
nothing, the scummiest thing about this slot is the lack of actual content, He could very well be a wolf, I would say given everyone else’s content its probably more like 30/70 in terms of him being a wolf. Hopefully his replacement shines some light on the slot
Conclusion: Null going into scummy

the problem with this game, is I can't decide if there are two or three mafia
which makes world building somewhat hard

in regards to Sabrar and Z25
I still have time to develop my reads on them, I am going to take my time with them

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Because we shouldn't spend time today analyzing Ran and it seems Wiisp is just unfamiliar with his playstyle.
I was tossing the idea around of a Ran / Sabrar scumteam. I know this contradicts what I said earlier about Ran probably being town due to how sold they were on the wagon and how misplaced their confidence was, but that could very well be what he wanted us to think. Everything people say D1 is just talk and blabber; easily replicated. Knowledge cannot be faked. Ran appeared to me to have a lack of knowledge pertaining to 3DS’s role; I’d say a scum!Ran would probably exert more cautiousness on 3DS before devoting a vote. Still, everything can be fabricated D1. Ran/Sab/Z25 could be a likely scenario.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I semi agree with Wisp that UP is more likely town if that is his entire role. It's a weird choice to give scum it. Going to judge him off his play as well though. Since mech clears like that can really bite you easily.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
EDWOP for Z25
You literally took a god damn back seat to pretty much all of day 1, didn’t vote anyone because u didn’t want to put Ninja close to L1? What about his partners, what about anyone? Like where the hell is the town motivation in not voting anyone?

accidently posted it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Since when was Ninja a role and not a modifier? Pretty sure that “ninja” implies that he’s able to perform a role without being tracked. What would it be?
I mean someone is giving all roles, or at least something is
so even if he had none from the beginning it could be possible he would have gotten one
I got role tokens during twilight

Jackrito

Smash Ace
EBWOP

TOWN*
I’m inclined to believe Ran is town due to how wrong they were and their confidence in this being a scum flip
This bothers me not because I think Ran is scum. It's more your reason here how does a scum do a mislynch then, powerwolf is build on leading town to mislynchs. So I don't get this.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Now that I think about it, he’s doing that thing where he tries not to attract attention. I remember him posting but don’t remember anything in particular that he’s done tbh. Now that town went full-on wiseguy and voted out a neighbor, the odds that we hit scum in Z25 are much higher if we give into the “scammer in the hood” theory. I’m down to try it tbh, we can go Sabrar next time

Wiisp

Smash Lord
This bothers me not because I think Ran is scum. It's more your reason here how does a scum do a mislynch then, powerwolf is build on leading town to mislynchs. So I don't get this.
honestly, its kind of backwards

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I mean someone is giving all roles, or at least something is
so even if he had none from the beginning it could be possible he would have gotten one
I got role tokens during twilight
What’s a role token? I take it that it’s a game mechanic that I’m unaware of. Could you give me a synopsis? (Not asking for a roleclaim, just what the tokens are)

Wiisp

Smash Lord
are we getting snowed by a
Ranmaru/Sabrar/UP team?
further lowering of the PoE depends on how Boom/Z25 respond today

Top Bottom