• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BoomFrog BoomFrog The question is why are you excusing UP's play to then try to make reads on others?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm kinda over thinking UP is a wolf, like it just doesn't fit anymore

It's hard to really say why atm though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn, Ran being really reasonable here. At least pokechou found an excuse to back up his scummate.

ranmaru ranmaru I can be convinced you are town, I just know we are getting snowed and you being power wolf fits that really well. The team might be z25, Sabrar, pokechou.

Like you said before, who are UPs teammates? No one is defending him. People who preferred me are not preferring sabrar.
This team doesn’t make sense. I came in reading and still do the mavenchu skit as scum, why would I do that if I’m their mate?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2.7

Boom (3) - UP, Z25, Sabrar [L-2]

Wisp (2) - Boom, Laser

UP (2) - Ran, Chu

Laser (2) - Jack, Wisp

Not Voting (0)

P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

P39-P40
Ran #Boom
UP #Boom
Up #Unv
Up #Boom

P41-P44
Chu #Z25
Wisp #UP
Sabrar #UP

P45
Wisp #Boom

P46-P48
Z25 #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
UP #Ran

P48-P55
Laser #UP
Ran #Unv
Z25 #Boom
Ran #UP
Boom #Unv
Laser #Sabrar
Wisp #Sabrar
Wisp #Boom
Boom #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #Wisp
Sabrar #Unv
Laser #Wisp

P55-P56*
Chu #UP
Wisp #Laser
Sabrar #Boom

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar Sabrar Can you expand on your scum read of Boom, and from which post it sparked?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It hasn't really affected my reads on either of them much. I don't have the meta read of them being able to read each other well by D1 (though I'm skeptical of this idea in general). On the whole I think BoomFrog comes off somewhat better as Sabrar was arguably being uncharitable toward him, but I do think it's possible that Sabrar didn't recall the games being referenced which are now at least 2 years old. I think Sabrar is still probably Town. I still lean marginally scum on BoomFrog but I don't feel confident reading him D1 and will hopefully be able to PoE him later in the game if it comes to that.
Laser, can you explain how Sabrar was being uncharitable to Boom?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Reacting to posts has my tilted
BoomFrog BoomFrog
Why are you liking that post?
Because I agree with it. I feel the same way. Up as wolf doesn't fit anymore. It was too easy.

How has Sabrar reevaluated me? He went from "probably scum but lynch UP first" to "definatly scum". That's not a reevaluation.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This team doesn’t make sense. I came in reading and still do the mavenchu skit as scum, why would I do that if I’m their mate?
I hadn't tracked that, but I do recall you doing that. Anyway, Ran just needed a few more posts to show his true plan and get back to voting me. He needed to pretend to consider my point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually don't think that's likely anymore, Boom. I think we are being snowed.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
????? why are people saying UP as wolf is 'too easy'? It 'doesn't fit'??

He popped in the thread with "Hi!" and underlined it. And left. LOL :joyful:

Which I honestly can't blame him for losing motivation but it's a very bad look that town would have been more concerned with. Even if he lost motivation if he was town he should/would have said it then and there while trying to make posts, at least work with us.

Not only that but I don't think he's ever responded to my post here
Can I ask what the point of these posts were? They both feel weirdly out of place. The first was opportunist and shading Sab for "defending" Ran (even though he wasn't really). The second was just weird and empty. Kind of devaluing Sabrar even though that's a genuine concern he made (that UP's insomniac isn't his whole role).

Like with the first, did you do it to be cute LOL :laugh: or do you really think that Sab/Ranmaru is a possible team? And with the second do you think it's like TMI or something for Sab to be concerned with your role? Or once again being cute ? Really want your responses

I'm assuming based off this #1322

You do think Sab/Ran is the team so could you link me to why you think Ranmaru is a deep wolf? Did you make a post about him D1 I don't remember? Because if you think Sab/Ran is the team why are you saying this in #1301

I still like you more than most but I want your responses for these. I actually really like your #1349 because I think Z is relying way too heavily on the wiki (something unofficial and the host can disregard) to push against you. And that's my problem with Z, like just how he did my slot I feel he isn't using actual evidence or content to argue his points
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

unless I missed it! Did I miss it? I'm still curious about the answers

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm going to stop liking posts. I thought it was a nice low-key way to communicate "yeah that, I agree" without cluttering the thread, but it's obviously bother some people.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
What post is the bolded referring to? Who's the teammate I defended and what was my excuse? (Assuming the teammate is one of Z or Sab based off this post but I don't particularly recall really defending either. Def not Z)

And what is the underlined supposed to mean? Can you clarify? I think the wording's throwing me off.

What's your opinion on UP's scum chum in a two!scum world?
The bold refereed to me thinking Ran might be taking my new theory seriously dispute me including him as scum in it. That would be townie. (since then he has steered back to deciding I and/or UP is scum) You, who I believe is Sabrar's teammate, have found a way to dismiss all the new evidence and decide UP is still scum (despite starting the day thinking he was town if I recall).

The underlined is referring to the fact that UP clearly has no teammates. There have been two viable sets of wagons. Me vs UP and then later UP or Me or Sabrar. A scummate of UP would have prefered to lynch me and then later stuck with prefering me or Sabrar. But EVERYONE has at some point seriously been ready to lynch UP. He's got no teammates. You were the last one I considered by basically PoE since you are new today, and even you are ready to lynch him now when it really counts.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
But EVERYONE has at some point seriously been ready to lynch UP. He's got no teammates.
Unless he's bussed. And to reiterate my stupidest post ever, your vote means nothing until it actually decides the lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BoomFrog BoomFrog Your push on Sabrar was the only thing I found to believable. Why did you drop it?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Unless he's bussed. And to reiterate my stupidest post ever, your vote means nothing until it actually decides the lynch.
I specifically didn't use the word vote. I'm not talking about votes, I'm talking about committing to reads.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog Your push on Sabrar was the only thing I found to believable. Why did you drop it?
Because Sabrar is hard to read so I have to make the decision based on small bits of evidence. The small bit I got was that he tried really hard to get Ninja to justify his reads. Scum Sabrar could have taken the easy route and just let Ninja sit in his hole. But him still being so passive about letting me be lynched is much bigger evidence. This is two different circumstances that he knows better but has sat back to let the wagon role over me. One was possibly a mistake, two is enemy action.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: I think his play has been tunneling UP, with some questioning that has seemed townie. Yet he's been keeping Boom at a distance, until now. He has been questioning Wisp on Day 1 with legitimate concerns, such as Wisp's shade on him, but he labels him as indy, and then drops it the next Day. Sabrar's play on Day 2, has been very lacking. His push on Boom seems like an omgus, because he wasn't considering Boom before he voted Sabrar. Boom was already showing signs of considering everyone but himself and UP in his reads.

I don't care what you expect. I'm doing enough to win the game. I planned to review more today but this is totally unnecessary with UP proven scum.
This quote is in response to me asking Sabrar why he was less engaged today. I think this shows the lack of desire to find scum, and sticking to UP.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Your whole argument is that I should know you better when it has been proven time and time again that neither of us knows the other that well that we like to imagine. And I'm not talking about just you and me here, I'm talking about the entire xkcd community.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Previous was at Boom.

His push on Boom seems like an omgus, because he wasn't considering Boom before he voted Sabrar. Boom was already showing signs of considering everyone but himself and UP in his reads.
This is bogus and you know it. Boom attacks me because I didn't defend him which shows that I found him scummy. You attack me because I didn't consider him. That's ridiculous.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You have stated you were suspicious of him, but you were not worried about resolving him until later, but only until he makes a push on you, do you switch up the order. That's my issue.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
As I explained to you his opportunistic push on me made me confident that he was scum. Obviously we don't know what would have happened in the hypothetical universe where the new train goes on Jack for example but I think I would have felt the same way about his switch. It wasn't OMGUS.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: Why did you consider Wisp was indy on Day 1, and why did you come to the conclusion he was town the next day?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think Boom/Laser is likely anymore. Snowed by Sabrar + Wisp.
This is possible sure, but your also been completely leading us all over the place.

Ive been Adamant boom was scum yet you wouldn’t change until you couldn’t get an up train going. You also were completely sure of Up being scum. Now you have changed your mind yet again with little reason. I’m sorry but your starting to be a hard sell as town unless you want to give me solid reasons otherwise.

You led us down the ninja train yesterday and today you spent most of it on why we should go for Up and switched last minute. It’s a process I can’t begin to understand a townie doing

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's understandable. I was truly set on UP. Yet you can see my thought process. If there are any questions, on how I came to any conclusion, please ask. I only switched last minute due to realizing that, I think we are way off right now.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar: Why did you consider Wisp was indy on Day 1, and why did you come to the conclusion he was town the next day?
I've explained the first part here. Then during the night we became Star-Crossed Lovers and with that Lyncher is very probably out. And I liked his content.

Top Bottom