• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2.1.1

Laser (2) - Z25, Jack [L-3]

Boom (1) - Wisp

Z25 (1) - UP

UP (1) - Boom

Jack (1) - Laser

Not Voting (3)
Sabrar, Pokechu, Ranmaru

P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

Notes
High influence
|
|
|
Inaccurate reads------------------------- Accurate Reads
|
|
|
Low influence​

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm
Dawn Ends: Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:59 pm

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pokechu Pokechu
also its not really a busy thing, I have more free time then I used to given I switched departments at my work
for the most part
its a combination of a.d.h.d, and not really feeling it
also dumbing down my town game because meta is a *****

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Also in addition to my #1475, can you give me your full reads list? You voted today, what compelled you to vote as opposed to yesterday?
Current reads:

Town:
Ran,
Sab
Wisp

Town lean:
Jack
Up

Null:
Boom

Scum:
MavenChu
Laser

some explanations:

Jack and Sabrar: both slots people seem to question. I still don’t have any issues with their content. If there’s more then two scum one of them statistics wise would probably be likely to be an additional scum. But I think the Op is worded to make us question more then we should atm and that it’s two scum. Might take a look at all of their posts and see if anything changes if I have time.

Wisp: The token claim aligns perfectly with what I thought was at play because of my role so I feel better on this slot. As I can’t see Scum be handed one let alone two tokens that can alter a game. That would probably be used against town not for them. They've been pretty active today so far as well which is good.

UP: Insomniac is just a odd role for scum to be given. Could they? Sure, I didn’t make the setup. But thinking critically on it, there’s better options to make scum look more town imo, so I can’t see that being a scum skill here.

This has no impact on my alignment whatsoever. You haven't even considered that it's not that I forgot Sabrar was in this game, it's that I forgot Sabrar was in Flavorless. Which, I already said I'm not going to live in the past, and you avoided my question about what you were trying to get at. So there's four people from Flavorless. And? So what? What have I "not learned?" What could I have possibly learned from Sabrar in one game that he replaced in halfway through? Not everything. So even if I forgot he was in Flavorless, that's no reason whatsoever to have me first in your pool (assuming re: how I came first in #1427) esp. when I don't even have ten posts to my name lmao, not even giving me a chance :joyful:

None of my reads were relying on solely a joke. I didn't say "Poy told a good joke! He must be town" so I'm not sure why you're ignoring the thought I did put in. Even the "entertaining" posts I did include (such as Wiisp's "because I am") I included them because I see them coming from a town perspective. I don't base judgments on whether someone's making me giggle LOL

I came in perfectly fine. You just either don't agree with what I'm saying/don't like what I'm saying, or you want to drive an easy mislynch. Pick your poison

I came in with my honest thoughts about the thread and the players within. If that doesn't help in trusting my slot, nothing will. I don't understand your qualms still.

Of course, I'm committed to making these two subforums (DGamesia and NZone) the best they can be! Sorry if you've been uncomfortable throughout with my jests, I never meant anything by them. I don't recall the specific incident in the NZone section, mostly because it's not very active, the start of the school year I wasn't very active, and that for each forum there's always multiple "incidents" LOL but I will definitely simmer down.
Well first off thank you, I don’t have any problems with you as a person but I wanted to address the soulmate thing as that type of talk was just very common with your content, and no worries. There’s definitely a lot that rises from the social threads lol.
—————————————————————-

I wasn’t saying those facts totally discredit you. There’s still content from you that offers actually insights. I just said that not everything was that. And my point about learning from flavorless was less focused on individual players and more how you discuss them. Putting UP as your soulmate included with your reads and little posts there as he pointed out, gives off a sense of connection or bias towards the slot. Not inherently wrong, but you saw what happened in flavorless. Your connection to him there got a mislynch that cost town the game. If a similar scenario occurred here and your scum again and UP town or even Scum, that connection bias kind of taints the discussion.

Essentially it makes understanding reads and points harder imo.

Your entrance point is totally fair, I could see your entry as bad and someone else could see it as good. My problems though are not directly because of your content but Mavens. I had him as a scum read before. As I said earlier though I’m not voting you today, I want to see if you can change my views on the slot so I’m given you plenty of a chance I don’t know wh
I was entertained, but it didn't affect my read of him much. It's a neutral power. Zen is a creative guy, I expect this game to have mechanical surprises. I'd say it slightly strengthens my scum read of UP because I know for sure he's not secretly a doctor or cop or something super townie like that.

Look at the role reveal in #1279 . There's a [missing] in the role explanation text as well. Ninja had some sort or extra secret that he took with him to the grave. I have no idea what to make of it. Are bonus win conditions a thing here? Or... actually, did someone take their power? That's plausible, but doesn't explain why ninja didn't 100% claim. Of course, Ninja messing up yet again is a plausible explanation for that...
This is an interesting point to consider. It’s quite possible ninja not being used to the setup didn’t realize part of his role was hidden. Weather that means he was a traitor or something else we won’t know most likely. But I think likeliest option is he never realized what his full role was considering he hardly recalled the pm for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Current reads:

Town:
Ran,
Sab
Wisp

Town lean:
Jack
Up

Null:
Boom

Scum:
MavenChu
Laser

some explanations:

Jack and Sabrar: both slots people seem to question. I still don’t have any issues with their content. If there’s more then two scum one of them statistics wise would probably be likely to be an additional scum. But I think the Op is worded to make us question more then we should atm and that it’s two scum. Might take a look at all of their posts and see if anything changes if I have time.

Wisp: The token claim aligns perfectly with what I thought was at play because of my role so I feel better on this slot. As I can’t see Scum be handed one let alone two tokens that can alter a game. That would probably be used against town not for them. They've been pretty active today so far as well which is good.

UP: Insomniac is just a odd role for scum to be given. Could they? Sure, I didn’t make the setup. But thinking critically on it, there’s better options to make scum look more town imo, so I can’t see that being a scum skill here.

Well first off thank you, I don’t have any problems with you as a person but I wanted to address the soulmate thing as that type of talk was just very common with your content, and no worries. There’s definitely a lot that rises from the social threads lol.
—————————————————————-

I wasn’t saying those facts totally discredit you. There’s still content from you that offers actually insights. I just said that not everything was that. And my point about learning from flavorless was less focused on individual players and more how you discuss them. Putting UP as your soulmate included with your reads and little posts there as he pointed out, gives off a sense of connection or bias towards the slot. Not inherently wrong, but you saw what happened in flavorless. Your connection to him there got a mislynch that cost town the game. If a similar scenario occurred here and your scum again and UP town or even Scum, that connection bias kind of taints the discussion.

Essentially it makes understanding reads and points harder imo.

Your entrance point is totally fair, I could see your entry as bad and someone else could see it as good. My problems though are not directly because of your content but Mavens. I had him as a scum read before. As I said earlier though I’m not voting you today, I want to see if you can change my views on the slot so I’m given you plenty of a chance I don’t know wh

This is an interesting point to consider. It’s quite possible ninja not being used to the setup didn’t realize part of his role was hidden. Weather that means he was a traitor or something else we won’t know most likely. But I think likeliest option is he never realized what his full role was considering he hardly recalled the pm for it.
EBWOP:
ranmaru ranmaru left out the answer to your question my bad. I voted today because the slot my eyes are set on is a lot less likely to get a train going early unlike Ninja’s who was rising quick. Yesterday I didn’t want it to get to an early lynch especially if it was a miss but today I don’t see it happening. Plus I want more out of Laser’s content.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Thank you. Can you answer my vote question as well?
Yes just answered that because I forgot to include it prior. Going to look at that reads list and comment there too, I didn’t get a chance to earlier

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TOWN [Z25 > Sabrar > Jack > Wisp > UP | Pokechu | Laser > Boom] SCUM

No Change with Z. I liked his push to lynch Ninja, because it seemed townie to risk his position in the neighborhood. Generally more active than I've seen him in our previous game where he was scum.

Sabrar: His position lowers because of his #915. He asks me why Boom being scum invalidates my case of Ninja, and how I can resolve my #405 from Town!Ninja. This doesn't make sense when he believes Ninja is town. He also drops because of his #524. (Finding Ninja town yet not defending him and trying to convince me why I am wrong) I ask him if he sees my point on Boom likely positioning himself on Ninja's flip, and he states that he can see Boom suggesting slips for Ninja so he can argue as town later, implying Ninja!Scum + Boom!Scum. (When I was arguing Boom!scum > Ninja!Town) Still a town read because he is consistently scumhunting, yet weaker. Upon a Boom scum flip, Sabrar is more likely to be scum. His point on LaserGuy is also weak. ("Feels more invested this game") when he is actually pretty under the radar.

Re-evaluating Jack, I think they are more likely to be slight town. Mostly due to them being present, their #170, and their intearction with Ninja. At a point, it felt like they were going under the radar, but there are other slots that actually applies to more so than Jack. I think them being willing to follow me, makes them harder to read, but that's just following in general.

I think they also are comfortable with their interactions with Wisp, which I don't think they'd openly do as scum together. Jack has been doing some scum hunting, but less than Sabrar I would say. Still good questions. (For example, his #910)

Wisp's actions make more sense now as Ninja flipped town. His actions wouldn't make his slot look good upon Ninja's flip, and it does look more un-informed. Yet Wisp is low in my town list because of the lack of vote, and only slight scum hunting / sorting. I think his #1,057 is due to lack of close reading, but this isn't abnormal for Wisp. I am curious why he changes to Wisp over Boom, though.

UP moves up because as I stated before, his tone is town, and compared to his sorcerer game, this game has more progression of thought than in sorcerers, where he didn't out reads until prompted. His inactivity in EOD made sense in combination with his role, where he can speak at night. It's also a very risky move to make if he were scum. I can say that he should have used his role to make an analysis and full reads list, instead of simply responding to Sabrar's case on him. It would be better used that way. (Since he can re-evaluate with the flip in mind, and still post) Doesn't make him less town, but I think he could have used the role better.

Maven = Pokechu now. As stated before, I don't believe scum in Maven's position calls me out, when it would give me their attention. It would be more beneficial to Maven as scum to lurk to remain under the radar. So I have him as null, but hopefully Pokechu can give us a better read.

Laser is scum for doing a gambit that gives him a good read, and a good appearance, and then being more lack luster than Jack. It was also odd to see Laser not comment on Sabrar v Boom, which I feel would be important for him to do so since he should have meta on Sabrar and Boom. There's no real other posts I can point to that reveals Laser as scum. It's simply that Laser's motivations lean toward a scum motivation of 'appearing town' without doing much else to progress town. Laser's #1231 also gives me the feeling that he seems to not have an un-informed feeling, not trying to sort or do anything, sort of just sitting there waiting for the flip.

Boom is scum for positioning himself to look good on Ninja's Town Flip, by defending him hard. Yet it's not defending him fairly, but hard past the point of him even believing it. He originally stated in #173 that he felt Ninja was caught newb scum, but then reversed that due to the claim. Yet in #350, the perspective that makes more sense, is the scum one. But his points for the town-ninja side, are weak, and aren't enough for him to believe in it. Especially points one and two. Two is the big one, because it's hard to believe he'd confuse the host for Wisp. (Given they have different avatars) Now #811 is an interesting point which leans scum. He points out that what I was countering with (in theory) was me going into wifom territory. Which implies he hadn't thought of it, which reinforces my point that he was only considering the side where scum wouldn't be coaching Ninja to act as he had, because he had no reason to consider the scum side, he is informed. #709 is an example of him only focusing on the neighbor claim and not the rest of his play.

His #1108 is the only push of the game that I can actually believe, and has good points. Everything else seems forced. My general feeling was considering he may have been just a wrong townie, and I would re-evaluate why he was pushing forced reads on (Wisp, Ninja). In his #1064 he states that wisp is trying to solve, but I don't really see that. He doesn't factor in that Wisp hadn't used his vote for part of the day, and I feel like he's neglecting that to force it. His #829 is also forced, as I have already explained. His reason for lowering Pythag for not sticking to his own opinion is weak, since he has no prior history with him.
Your Maven point here is one to consider. However Maven can make a lot of varying plays, after all even Ninja called you out he got lynch but also for a lot of reasons. It’s quite possible scum Maven saw that as an opportunity for when ninja flipped town, his Ran call out could look better if Maven had a plan to push for your lynch today based on your actions yesterday. I could very easily see a scum Maven who had time on his hands( he mentioned working very long weeks which is likely why he replaced), use actions such as your rapid opinion changes and push on Ninja against you if he was here today. I’d say he’s experienced enough to try and risk it. That is technically conjecture though.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Maven just wanted to have a different opinion to stand out to the town though. It would make some sense.
Can you expand on the orange? What do you think of my read on Maven in my reads list?
I kinda of have a bit, I mentioned how part of their reads had a lot less posts but then higher places users, mentioned stuff like the potshots but then not calling out other potshots. While there was a lot to read and I like that they made a reads list to start, it feels lacking in some parts which is odd. I didn’t really get a strong opinion of why those slots should be placed where they were at while reading.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
let's talk about my reads on Sabrar/Boom now
k thanks

I really don't care about Maven, I care about Pokachu
nothing Maven did gives me a read at all on the slot

Wiisp

Smash Lord
What do you dislike? There’s plenty of room for discussion today
nah I did my effort for the day
but I think a lot of it comes down to everyone else just looks better
and I think the team is exactly boom/Sabrar

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok so I reread lasor, and he focuses a lot on the only two people he has played with before, which isnt weird? given they are the people he has meta on
He really isnt wolfy per say

still believe in a world of two its exactly Boom/Sabrar
I think early on Lasor handled Boom/Sabrar in ways that doesnt make me believe he can be a wolf with either of them
somebody else you do some real time with me if they think otherwise
but like ehh

world of 3 is like Boom/Sabrar/(UP,Lasor, Pokechu)
Spoiler: BoomFrog Really like this vote callout here. Even while I wasn't in the game, when I read that vote from Jack I found it super sketch. He it put down way too quick but took it away even quicker. That doesn't read like pressuring Laser to me (which was his goal for the vote).
But Boom makes this post which completely goes against his last. I don't understand how Jack being more proactive invalidates his Laser vote? Boom was far too quick to remove this vote on Jack tbh and I don't know why. I think this was discussed in the thread even but it all blended together.

Like Laser I can't remember many of Boom's posts. I say it's partially because I replaced in and read the thread all at once (not a smart idea in hindsight!) but I'm interested in hearing more from him. I think Boom was the one to say "3DS wouldn't think the whole neighborhood was town unless he was town as well" which is an acute observation but it could also be scum propping themselves up after a 3DS mislynch. I think Ranmaru said something like that but he just said one sentence and just linked to the post numbers, and I didn't find it very helpful or explanative. But I digress
Spoiler: Sabrar Find it super disingenuous of him to try and make Poyzin argue a possibility that is blatantly unlikely. I feel like it's goading Poy into making a bad post for Sab to step in on, and I think if Sab was town that he would just ask better questions. Like why drive your train of thought down this route? Like obviously Poyzin isn't planning to blindly lynch the three neighbors until he gets one that flips scum. For D1 it's a good rule of thumb to use, that one of the neighbors might be scum. Nothing wrong with what Poy did here, points taken away from Sab.
It seems like you are focusing on the scenario if you're asking Poy about it. Like the question didn't need to be asked because it's something that'll sort itself out. Poy isn't solely using the neighborhood as a basis for his reads. This is why it feels like deflecting to me, it's a line of thought that didn't really need to be questioned. Feels like an attempt to get people to doubt themselves like "but what if they're town??????"
What does it mean to chainsaw? I've not heard the term before
I wrote "look into" next to this post number in my notes. I wish I wrote more because I forgot exactly what raised my eyebrow. I think the point he brought up about 3DS isn't bad but anyone could've made it, town or scum. I think what's pinging me here is that we would know about the neighborhood regardless. Like it's three people in there, eventually one would've revealed it or one would've gotten lynched. So while it's not a bad observation Sab made, it's not a good one either because scum should know from the start that the neighborhood's not staying private. NAI but this quote still caught my eye for some reason
As slimy as Helix from ARMS. I think this is a really really weak "gotcha!" post Sab tried to make, I completely understand that ("clearly") being a kneejerk reaction from Poy because usually when there is a neighborhood one of them is scum. Not always but it happens frequently. And this post from Sab kind of goes hand in hand with his others talking about he's not focusing on an all-town neighborhood. Like I feel like when he's nailing Poy for this that he kind of is? Like he's taking this whole thing a bit too far? Even if his problem is the "confidence level" it's a bit disingenuous to hold this (not considering town neighborhood) against Poy when it's just unlikely.

I will say that Sab's tone feels a bit detached from all his posts. Like some of his interactions with Poy are just weird. Like they're not bad but what he's asking or what he's trying to get out of Poy I feel doesn't really benefit anyone.
those are Pikachu's reads of both Sabrar and Boom

Wiisp

Smash Lord
IDK if it's just me though, but I really don't feel like UP fits with anyone

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Boom is currently the lynch I want the most
and next comes Sabrar

I am not going to worry about a 3rd right now, cause I don't feel as if it is needed

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom's #1106 feels forced and unbelievable as opposed to his #1108. (Forced as in, Boom is giving Wisp excuses without knowing who he is, such as the deadline comment) My point on Laser remains #1244. Really, just re-reading the game, but also being aware of the game state, I just think I was right in the first place. I think Wisp is pinging me at points, but it feels like scum just have no avenue to push now. Nothing really changes with my reads.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I am so afraid of saying UP/Boom can't be a thing
because I can't decide if how Boom is handling UP is a wolf shading a partner
or a wolf desperately trying to push a town that looks mediocre

Wiisp

Smash Lord
LaserGuy LaserGuy
can you help me out here?
like pretend you dont know who Boom and Sabrar are
and give me a read on them
not this hedgy meta based bullcrap

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It feels like that's his only avenue he can really push. Individually, this seems more like Flavorless Mafia III UP. Although, there's the naked vote on Boom, which I think UP should explain from Day 1.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
In a world of Boom/Sabrar team #1108 simply never happens because Boom would have told me what points to make (and have LaserGuy back me up), instead of waiting on LG and then making a case on me.
And lucky for you this can never be proven unless Boom saved the link to our scum-chat in Crossover.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
like if Boom isnt a wolf, I just think this game gets wonky
worlds of two could be like Sabrar/UP and Sabrar just attacking his partner non-stop
In a world of Boom/Sabrar team #1108 simply never happens because Boom would have told me what points to make (and have LaserGuy back me up), instead of waiting on LG and then making a case on me.
And lucky for you this can never be proven unless Boom saved the link to our scum-chat in Crossover.
that's just wine
no thanks

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I wanted to say, I don't really see someone thinking like this, without some kind of TMI to back it up
Like why didnt you just say its probably NAI?
Why did you have to make this psychological?
it just doesnt feel natural
It's just putting yourself in the mod's shoes if you have previous experience with such things (like I already explained in #1428).

Wiisp

Smash Lord
It's just putting yourself in the mod's shoes if you have previous experience with such things (like I already explained in #1428).
go grab #1428 for me
and putting urself in a mod shoes may make you think, what they might do, not what they would do
You're happy to rely on meta wrt other players but refuse to consider it wrt me? Why?
that's not meta, that is wine
and this is such a whiny post
"How dare you do this, but I can't"

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I am so afraid of saying UP/Boom can't be a thing
because I can't decide if how Boom is handling UP is a wolf shading a partner
or a wolf desperately trying to push a town that looks mediocre
It’s Boom trying to make it seem like he’s distancing a scum mate but in reality it makes me a policy lynch once Boom flips scum.

Team is Sab/Boom/Ran(?). I wholeheartedly agree with Wiisp on the Boom/Sab interactions, and #1548 paints Ran as the third in my eyes. But if y’all don’t see Ran as that scummy rn, then I guess I’m in the minority.

You have a different perspective of the game when you’re in my shoes sitting at the bottom, watching who targets you and who doesn’t.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
convince me that UP is a wolf
this just feels like mudslinging
also why aren't you voting him if you are basically throwing shots at him and have him as a wolf read from what I recall?
Why quote that post particularly? It had nothing to do with UP.
What do you call mudslinging? Finding stuff in their content that doesn't make sense? He still didn't reply to #1422
And I'm not voting because I'm less certain about UP then I was before and I don't usually switch votes every few hours.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
There is absolutely no way Ranmaru can play like this as a wolf
like this in insane levels of scum play that I barely ever see
and probably a world where he just wins anyways?
its like a world we dont even think about till like f3
and that would have to be an F3 of like this grouping

Z25
Jackrito
Wiisp
Ranmaru

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
However I agree with Boom that Laser could be a likely indy. After thinking it through, Z is town. Scum!Boom doesn’t know who the indies are anyway, so their guess is as good as anybody else’s. To that point, I agree. LG could very well be SK and is ALSO in the hood so I think we have ourselves a gamesolve. We take out Boom here, Wiisp prolly gets NK’ed, then we can move on from there with a Sab lynch. Of course I don’t like thinking ahead so I’m going try not to get carried away and think one step at a time from now on. I just got out of the shower so I’ll see if I can make a justified readslist next post.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Why did you vote Boom day 1?
Got that vibe but didn’t have any good evidence. I scumread them, but was unable to justify it. His posts seemed fabricated and lacked passion, but nobody’s going to take my “feelings” seriously so there wasn’t any reason for me to commit at that time. Their game play just felt... safe, you know?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
go grab #1428 for me
and putting urself in a mod shoes may make you think, what they might do, not what they would do
Yes, nobody can say what the mod would do. For that reason nobody can also say what the mod is 'blatantly unlikely' to do.

that's not meta, that is wine
That is 100% meta. Ask LaserGuy about it if you don't believe Boom.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean in a world of 2 or 3 wolves
just vote your PoE
like Jesus man, no one is going to be like
THIS DUDE SWITCHED VOTES IN HIS SCUM POE, HE IS SUCH A WOLF

anyways I am going to sleep
if anyone still has doubts about me being town
I would love to hear them

Top Bottom