• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Horrible take. If you find my entrance poor then ask me for more observations, find out where my mind's at. There's also nothing to learn from Flavorless Mafia about players to apply here because the only players from there that are still in the game now are you, Poy, and myself. It's also not surprising you find my entrance poor considering I replaced 30 pages into a game and I wasn't intending to impress anyone anyways. What are you trying to get at here? You're certainly taking the easy way out, just like Poy mentioned D1
I feel neglected. Again. :sadeyes:
This is exactly what I’m talking about, your list feels extremely cherry picked or loosely put together.

If you put all that time into these slots and their lists you should at least know who’s playing, and I’d cut you some slack for switching in, if it wasn’t for the fact that Sabrar here is one of your top scum reads and flavorless was very recent.

It feels like you haven’t given full attention to your efforts and by forgetting your top scum read of all people being in this game, that makes your reads as a whole feel just thrown together to be there.

Maybe I’m wrong but that just doesn’t add up.

Not to mention your reads post had a few quotes that you basically just said were entertaining and that’s why you like a slot. That’s not really something that should go into that.

Yes 30 pages is a lot but I still expected you to feel as if you read the thread, which your posts make me question that. If you weren’t ready to jump in with all your reads I wouldn’t hold it against you, but to come in like that, it just doesn’t feel great.

And you can say you weren’t aiming for a good entrance, that’s fine no one says you have to, but it would help a lot in trusting your slot and in creating a smooth transition into this day phase.

And lastly, this is a bit unrelated to the game but can you chill with the soulmate, romance talk with players please?

After a certain incident awhile back in the nintenzone section( which I’m pretty sure you do or did mod), it’s a bit uncomfortable/inappropriate to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Z25 Z25 Also in addition to my #1475, can you give me your full reads list? You voted today, what compelled you to vote as opposed to yesterday?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This is exactly what I’m talking about, your list feels extremely cherry picked or loosely put together.

If you put all that time into these slots and their lists you should at least know who’s playing, and I’d cut you some slack for switching in, if it wasn’t for the fact that Sabrar here is one of your top scum reads and flavorless was very recent.

It feels like you haven’t given full attention to your efforts and by forgetting your top scum read of all people being in this game, that makes your reads as a whole feel just thrown together to be there.

Maybe I’m wrong but that just doesn’t add up.
This has no impact on my alignment whatsoever. You haven't even considered that it's not that I forgot Sabrar was in this game, it's that I forgot Sabrar was in Flavorless. Which, I already said I'm not going to live in the past, and you avoided my question about what you were trying to get at. So there's four people from Flavorless. And? So what? What have I "not learned?" What could I have possibly learned from Sabrar in one game that he replaced in halfway through? Not everything. So even if I forgot he was in Flavorless, that's no reason whatsoever to have me first in your pool (assuming re: how I came first in #1427) esp. when I don't even have ten posts to my name lmao, not even giving me a chance :joyful:
Not to mention your reads post had a few quotes that you basically just said were entertaining and that’s why you like a slot. That’s not really something that should go into that.
None of my reads were relying on solely a joke. I didn't say "Poy told a good joke! He must be town" so I'm not sure why you're ignoring the thought I did put in. Even the "entertaining" posts I did include (such as Wiisp's "because I am") I included them because I see them coming from a town perspective. I don't base judgments on whether someone's making me giggle LOL
Yes 30 pages is a lot but I still expected you to feel as if you read the thread, which your posts make me question that. If you weren’t ready to jump in with all your reads I wouldn’t hold it against you, but to come in like that, it just doesn’t feel great.
I came in perfectly fine. You just either don't agree with what I'm saying/don't like what I'm saying, or you want to drive an easy mislynch. Pick your poison
And you can say you weren’t aiming for a good entrance, that’s fine no one says you have to, but it would help a lot in trusting your slot and in creating a smooth transition into this day phase.
I came in with my honest thoughts about the thread and the players within. If that doesn't help in trusting my slot, nothing will. I don't understand your qualms still.
And lastly, this is a bit unrelated to the game but can you chill with the soulmate, romance talk with players please?

After a certain incident awhile back in the nintenzone section( which I’m pretty sure you do or did mod), it’s a bit uncomfortable/inappropriate to me.
Of course, I'm committed to making these two subforums (DGamesia and NZone) the best they can be! Sorry if you've been uncomfortable throughout with my jests, I never meant anything by them. I don't recall the specific incident in the NZone section, mostly because it's not very active, the start of the school year I wasn't very active, and that for each forum there's always multiple "incidents" LOL but I will definitely simmer down.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar Sabrar Once you have time, I'd appreciate you also update us with your full reads list, ordered.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Something I don't like about Poy here. I recall Poy being really confident about town!Laser after Laser revealed his gambit, and Poy said that he really liked the analyses he made. However, Laser was nailing Jack in the analysis, so I don't see how it makes sense for Poy to place Jack higher than Laser, if he was really liking the content Laser was making. This is what gives me pause on my Poy read but I still feel like a lot of his (Poy) posts wouldn't come from scum
iirc I liked LG's act of gambitting, but not necessarily the read on Jackrito. I think its almost always a townie thing to do because scum wouldn't typically put themselves in the risky position of their plan backfiring? Everything's WIFOM D1, but I think it was probably TvT in the end.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
How do you feel about Up after realizing he could take in thread at night? Could/would scum have this? Since you wanted to do focus more on him yesterday I’m curious on those answers.
I was entertained, but it didn't affect my read of him much. It's a neutral power. Zen is a creative guy, I expect this game to have mechanical surprises. I'd say it slightly strengthens my scum read of UP because I know for sure he's not secretly a doctor or cop or something super townie like that.

As for the missing part, your taking it to mean the title of the role was hidden? That’s interesting, I thought the title was literally missing. As if it was censored I would have expected redacted neighbor but maybe your right. If I’m the delayed neighbor, ninja was another neighbor that was left out,
Look at the role reveal in #1279 . There's a [missing] in the role explanation text as well. Ninja had some sort or extra secret that he took with him to the grave. I have no idea what to make of it. Are bonus win conditions a thing here? Or... actually, did someone take their power? That's plausible, but doesn't explain why ninja didn't 100% claim. Of course, Ninja messing up yet again is a plausible explanation for that...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wiisp
UtopianPoyzin

Ranmaru
Laser

Z25
BoomFrog

Sabrar
Jackrito

I'm caught up on everything but I read most of the thread in one sitting (I took one break halfway) so most of the "pings" in my notes are from the first half of the thread when I had the most stamina. + I feel like towards the end the thread just became "will we won't we lynch Ninja" and posts just pinged me less strongly. If someone wants me to respond to something specific though, fire it at me! And if you need something cleared up just ask, I started this last night so it might not all be articulate lmao

Loved this from Wiisp. I don't understand why people get picky about others not answering questions they ask, first. Boggles my mind. Does it matter that much? lmao

Disagree here, because tests like these can let town catch opportunistic scum (possibly someone who voted for Laser). And even if they don't get wolves to respond poorly, they can at least get townies to respond positively. I give points to Ran for his in-depth analysis towards Laser's posts.

Only two "pings" from my list, but I see it as more good from bad. There weren't any posts I found actually gross or slimy, and I think throughout all of his posts he was upfront and genuine. I recall him really trying to get attention from 3DS and just getting frustrated that the town was playing ring around the rosie. Me too, me too. Made it a pain to read the thread! :joyful:

I can't see his refusal to do certain things (such as having the spotlight on him D1 or reading Jack D1) as scum because I feel like scum picks their fights better. Like why choose that hill to die on if your team really really needs you?
These posts confused me. I don't understand what was so bad about Sabrar's opening considering that it was RVS and how Poyzin questions Pythag about his interpretations of all the openings is weird to me. No post is useless so I won't say it's wrong for Poyzin to focus so much on openings but I'm picky and would prefer he do something else. However, I will say it's consistent for Poyzin. He did exactly this the last game (Flavorless) so I'm going to give him points here.

Poy's #201 against Sab is super super good imo. I said exactly this towards one of the quotes in the Sabrar spoiler. Giving him massive points here, it's a really weird question for Sabrar to ask and I feel like Sab got a little defensive about it too.

Something I don't like about Poy here. I recall Poy being really confident about town!Laser after Laser revealed his gambit, and Poy said that he really liked the analyses he made. However, Laser was nailing Jack in the analysis, so I don't see how it makes sense for Poy to place Jack higher than Laser, if he was really liking the content Laser was making. This is what gives me pause on my Poy read but I still feel like a lot of his (Poy) posts wouldn't come from scum

Loved this from Poy too. I feel like Sab was being a bit too nitpicky with him honing in on Poy saying "there's clearly a scum neighbor,'" I don't think that's something anyone should have to defend or explain. I like what Poy was saying here but I do feel like it's a bit excess the way he went about it(he could've said the same thing but with like two or three sentences).

Agreed wholly. I found this to be a good explanation from Poy and considering I have Wiisp as my highest townread I can follow Poy's logic here.

Reading this almost made me pee myself. Hilarious, but what makes it funnier is that it's not wrong. McLoving it!

Poy's done some really really good stuff but some really really bad stuff. I don't like how he disappeared halfway through D1 but he did something similar in Flavorless so I'm willing to look past it for now. I also think that his roleclaim gives him a lot more credibility as I couldn't see that role for scum. But crazier things have happened!
3DS' explanation was literally just "I forgot." That's not good and I don't know why one would label it as such.

Really really liked this from Ranmaru though. Shows just how inconsistent Jack has been and it's put together really well. I had Jack's #170 in my list of pings but I don't remember what pinged me about it.

Honestly? Bad post

You see what I did there? LMAO no one can understand what you're saying if you just pick one sentence of a quote and highlight it red!!!! Makes it super hard to follow what you're saying and in my reads list I had while going through the game I felt like I had to solve around you. Like I really wanted to put you low but I just don't think it makes sense how you would basically be carrying the game on your back as a wolf. But at the same time you weren't someone I was really townreading either, because of posts like these.

I think Ranmaru's style just really really frustrates me because it's very dominant and commandeering, but I can't deny that he's had a willingness to solve and analyze throughout the game. Proactive player and was one of the few to really take what Laser was doing at the start seriously. This is why I doubt he's a wolf and I think going down that route is a little conspiracy-theorist.

I will say that another thing I didn't like about Ranmaru came at the start of the game, it was around Jack's vote. I recall Ranmaru was questioning Sabrar a decent bit, but when Jack voted, I don't think Ran had anything to say at all. Like all three were voting Laser, Ran was asking Sab some questions, but when Jack hopped on Ran stayed quiet. Was super weird. I might be misremembering but this is one of the first notes I made when I started reading the thread. Definitely looking into this just to make sure
I'll be honest. Throughout my read of the thread, none of his posts particularly pinged me. That's good and bad. Because it shows that there wasn't any post that I was really adversed to, but that there also wasn't any post that I really liked.

His gambit was cool but that's about it. I see it coming more from town than scum because town would usually respond better. I guess it could be used to drive mislynches (like if a town player did have a bad reaction) but if they didn't and all put on their thinking caps, and the scummates just all stayed silent, then they'd look kind of dumb LOL

What do I have to say about the analyses?

I agree with the Sabrar read and the Jack read. Part of me wants to say Jack vs Laser is TvS. I don't think Jack would have had a strong a reaction towards Laser if they both were scum (Jack would've known the plan). Since I think Jack is suspicious individually that gives a bit more points towards Laser, since I really don't think both are scum. I just really can't remember many posts Laser has made, aside from this analysis post. Definitely the first one I'll be doing a reread on.

I guess? it's possible that Laser and Sab are both scum and that's why Sab wasn't paying much attention to Laser's gambit, but I don't think it's that likely and I'm more suspicious of Jack than anyone else right now.
I called this post disgusting in my notes. Unlike Sabrar's, I remember why. "Laser's emotes aren't helping us at all." They generated so much content and really stirred activity in the thread. Very opportunist for Z to support the Laser lynch solely off the emoji situation.

Weird post. Why would they respond to your PM and ruin their gambit? And just solely off not responding to the PM, they have no town intent? That's a big jump to make. Like do you really think it would be that easy to catch scum? LOL like "oh he's not responding to me. He must be scum!" I'm wary of Laser but this is bad evidence to support a scumread imo

GROSS post. I'm allergic! It seems like every time anyone even bats an eye at what Z says, he hits them with a haymaker punch! LOL Not necessary and a real bad look. What did this accomplish? Poy wasn't wrong. Z's scum list was the three most common and he also couldn't come up with a fourth. GROSS post.

Another haymaker punch from Z. I don't know why he does this!!! I really don't see it coming from scum because they should be worried about more than throwing pot shots. But it's like, someone says something against Z and he doesn't do anything besides throw a potshot back! Like that's what's really anti-town here, because you could use this as an opportunity to like get someone to think differently, explain themselves more, explain yourself more, etc. Not just backhand them LMAO

Wasn't there some post from Z where he was like "I didn't consider scum in the neighborhood" but he had said that he was willing to lynch Laser? I think that was brought up in the thread but that's also a bad look for Z. Maybe it's just a case of poor wording or like he didn't specifically think that there HAD to be a scum in the neighborhood, but either way I don't like his push on Laser. How he interacts with other people is always shaving my sheep and grinding my gears but since he made similar posts in Flavorless I know that it doesn't mean anything for his alignment. Would probably do a reread on him after Laser to really wrap my head around him.
Really like this vote callout here. Even while I wasn't in the game, when I read that vote from Jack I found it super sketch. He it put down way too quick but took it away even quicker. That doesn't read like pressuring Laser to me (which was his goal for the vote).

But Boom makes this post which completely goes against his last. I don't understand how Jack being more proactive invalidates his Laser vote? Boom was far too quick to remove this vote on Jack tbh and I don't know why. I think this was discussed in the thread even but it all blended together.

Like Laser I can't remember many of Boom's posts. I say it's partially because I replaced in and read the thread all at once (not a smart idea in hindsight!) but I'm interested in hearing more from him. I think Boom was the one to say "3DS wouldn't think the whole neighborhood was town unless he was town as well" which is an acute observation but it could also be scum propping themselves up after a 3DS mislynch. I think Ranmaru said something like that but he just said one sentence and just linked to the post numbers, and I didn't find it very helpful or explanative. But I digress
Find it super disingenuous of him to try and make Poyzin argue a possibility that is blatantly unlikely. I feel like it's goading Poy into making a bad post for Sab to step in on, and I think if Sab was town that he would just ask better questions. Like why drive your train of thought down this route? Like obviously Poyzin isn't planning to blindly lynch the three neighbors until he gets one that flips scum. For D1 it's a good rule of thumb to use, that one of the neighbors might be scum. Nothing wrong with what Poy did here, points taken away from Sab.

It seems like you are focusing on the scenario if you're asking Poy about it. Like the question didn't need to be asked because it's something that'll sort itself out. Poy isn't solely using the neighborhood as a basis for his reads. This is why it feels like deflecting to me, it's a line of thought that didn't really need to be questioned. Feels like an attempt to get people to doubt themselves like "but what if they're town??????"

What does it mean to chainsaw? I've not heard the term before

I wrote "look into" next to this post number in my notes. I wish I wrote more because I forgot exactly what raised my eyebrow. I think the point he brought up about 3DS isn't bad but anyone could've made it, town or scum. I think what's pinging me here is that we would know about the neighborhood regardless. Like it's three people in there, eventually one would've revealed it or one would've gotten lynched. So while it's not a bad observation Sab made, it's not a good one either because scum should know from the start that the neighborhood's not staying private. NAI but this quote still caught my eye for some reason

As slimy as Helix from ARMS. I think this is a really really weak "gotcha!" post Sab tried to make, I completely understand that ("clearly") being a kneejerk reaction from Poy because usually when there is a neighborhood one of them is scum. Not always but it happens frequently. And this post from Sab kind of goes hand in hand with his others talking about he's not focusing on an all-town neighborhood. Like I feel like when he's nailing Poy for this that he kind of is? Like he's taking this whole thing a bit too far? Even if his problem is the "confidence level" it's a bit disingenuous to hold this (not considering town neighborhood) against Poy when it's just unlikely.

I will say that Sab's tone feels a bit detached from all his posts. Like some of his interactions with Poy are just weird. Like they're not bad but what he's asking or what he's trying to get out of Poy I feel doesn't really benefit anyone.
Found this post slimy. Makes no sense at all imo. Votes Laser, but questions if he could really be scum because this tactic doesn't seem befitting for scum. But he can't think of any reason for town to do it at all??? Not a single reason? Such as gathering reactions or seeing who'll take it seriously and give it their all? And he also flat out says "pressure the slot!" but if you explicitly say you're pressing the slot.... you're kind of making your vote moot. Like you just ruined the point of the vote LOL

Goes with the last quote. This seems preemptive and opportunist. For it being D1 he has a lot of confidence in scum!Laser. It reads like TMI because Jack makes him out to be the "clear choice" and again states that town would never do what he is doing (despite the fact that there are numerous reasons why town would do similar gambits).

Very quick to unvote, despite the conviction they had with their original vote. Seems to me like they're scum who got afraid of being caught. Doesn't say much about Laser's analyses either. Makes their original vote seem weak if this is how easily they're swayed from it.

Found this post hypocritical when paired with the last quote. Jackrito was pretty noncomittal with Laser also, he voted but took it away with no qualms after Laser revealed the plan. You'd think with a vote Jack put out that he'd have some questions first? Agree on the Sabrar point though

This post shows how Jack keeps flip flopping with his reads. He put the Laser vote out, Laser revealed, Jack took it away, now Jack's still scumreading him. I think that if town, Jack would stick to one side more and not go back and forth. Why the inconsistency? Just weird to me imo if town

I think Jack's handling of the Laser situation was a bad look and it makes it hard for me to see him as town. I don't remember specifically any of his other posts being as bad but his original vote on Laser was just preemptive. Rereading him and Sab for sure
Looking at Pokechu's spoilers and such. I like the list as a whole, pretty townie imo and lines up with the things that I've been tossing around. However, I'm not impressed in their confidence in me and Wiisp being town based on their evidence presented. Like Wiisp is the strongest town read, but you only quoted two posts? And those posts weren't even that significant imo. Also, the Wiisp read feels like a double standard in comparison to his LG read, when they are separated by a whole tier on the readslist while the rationale was the same, being "nothing in particular pinged me, which is good and bad". Pokechu Pokechu , could you potentially compare and contrast Wiisp and LG in this game in terms of your opinion of their alignment?

Also not a fan of you saying that I've done some "really bad stuff" at the end of your analysis of me, yet I appear to be really high on your reads list? I would've thought that the presence my "bad stuff" would have weighed into your decision making, and I don't think me "doing something similar" in Flavorless makes up for it.

But besides that, the order looks pretty solid, but I already expected Maven to flip town. My read remains at the status quo for this slot.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And here we see the wild Pokechu’s bias towards UP in full force. It’s ok when someone they have bias towards makes shots at other players but not when someone they could care less for does.

Thus makes the read list overall a lot poorly imo
I did take issue with Pokechu's townread of me regardless of the presence of bad stuff in my game, but I wouldn't be so quick to chalk it off to perceived bias. Pokechu did explain that it was because of me pulling similar shenanigans in Flavorless, which I suppose there is some truth in that. I just didn't think that was enough to justify my position.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog Besides UP, who else is scum?
UP and Maven/Pokechu are by far my strongest scum reads by PoE. I haven't seen anything from Pokechu to change my mind. That's not quite fair, and I'd like to give him more time to prove himself before seriously considering exing him. I'm not sure who the 3rd would be, probably one of Jack, Z25, and LaserGuy, most likely LaserGuy now that you make me think about it. I could beleive LaserGuy was indy. I believe Z25s Bessie claim. Jack I will need to hear a roleclaim from to judge.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Could you touch on this? I'll provide rationale for my readslist if you do :b:
The forum is being hellasiously slow for me in the last hour so I'm not going to post for a while. But his one big townie thing in my book is defending me, but if he was indy then he wouldn't care if I or someone else is lynched. If he was mafia, (and I was after his teammates) he'd want me to get lynched and wouldn't have helped so much. But he's lower on the list then people like Ran or wiisp who have demonstrated they really care about town's overall success.

Really it's just PoE. I have found a lot of town this game and not enough scum. That indicates a lack of a 3 person team so more people are "genuinely" scum hunting. Also, I can guess his rolename, and if alignments are linked to rolenames I could see that role being indy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
##Unvote

My read on Boom is wavering. I'm starting to get the feeling he's just wrong, and now focusing on POE. I'm going to focus my re-read tonight with Pythag's flip in mind to get a better direction.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
##Unvote

My read on Boom is wavering. I'm starting to get the feeling he's just wrong, and now focusing on POE. I'm going to focus my re-read tonight with Pythag's flip in mind to get a better direction.
Who do you think I'm wrong about specifically?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I've asked before and everyone brushed me off. Can you show my one post by UP where he actually tries to do something to help town and not just himself?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
worrying about me is kinda pointless
I told you yesterday, I cant die today

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
also who said that "Ninja has to be town because he wouldn't think the neighbor chat was all town unless he was all town"
look, Ninja could flip town, and I still wouldn't believe this read is correct
Currently Isoing wiisp. This isn't alignment indicitive but I'm still salty about this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2.1

Laser (2) - Z25, Jack [L-3]

Boom (1) - Wisp

Z25 (1) - UP

UP (1) - Boom

Jack (1) - Laser

Not Voting (3)
Sabrar, Pokechu, Ranmaru

P33-P38*
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm
Dawn Ends: Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:59 pm

Wiisp

Smash Lord
UP: I still think scum
Laser: Possible scum
Z25: Town
Ran: Town
Wiisp: Possible town
Pythag: Possible town.
Sabrar: Possible scum
I am saving this just in case

Sabrar Sabrar
early on you said to UP, "Why arent you thinking about the possibility of the mod thinking, "Maybe they will think the neighbor of 3 has to have one wolf, so I will make them all town"

also why wasn't anyone in the neighborhood killed? kind of feels like they are deliberately trying to not lower the PoE of the neighborhood
NK is kinda lame, but I cant help but think about it
and why wasn't Ranmaru killed? maybe because he has the wolves in his town leans
Pythag was pretty much a unanimous town lean, but not strong enough to have PRs on him, and his kill probably opens up the game the least

my brain is saying that Lasor is probably a wolf
and Sabrar is probably the other wolf

Z25's post felt really good every since day 2 started
Boom is still an issue for me

but I am like 90% sure Jack is town and 99% sure that Ranmaru can't possible post the way he does if he was a wolf
like he would have to be one of the best wolves in my opinion that I have ever seen
Pokechu is a thing, but like there is still lots of time for him to help me out there
his catch up isnt bad, but it isnt great and I would like some more real time with him
UP just doesnt work in a wolf team,

Wisp

Z25
Ranmaru
Jackrito

Pokechu (Maven)
UtopianPoyzin

Sabrar
BoomFrog
LaserGuy

I think that is the correct PoE

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar
early on you said to UP, "Why arent you thinking about the possibility of the mod thinking, "Maybe they will think the neighbor of 3 has to have one wolf, so I will make them all town"
I wanted to say, I don't really see someone thinking like this, without some kind of TMI to back it up
Like why didnt you just say its probably NAI?
Why did you have to make this psychological?
it just doesnt feel natural

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Currently Isoing wiisp. This isn't alignment indicitive but I'm still salty about this.
I mean thinking, "A wolf wouldn't claim like that"
and thinking, "Him claiming that means he's probably town"
are two sides of the same coin
maybe in this case it was true, but its relatively NAI
and any half-way decent wolf could manipulate this
so I still stand by it

kinda why I am dropping my initial thoughts on Lasor in my wall, cause I realized they are garbage

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I've asked before and everyone brushed me off. Can you show my one post by UP where he actually tries to do something to help town and not just himself?
I mean have you actually read his iso? he definitely is giving his thoughts on things, just look at the current pages?
doesn't really feel like you are maliciously pushing this I think? I am not sure enough yet
you definitely aren't a wolf with UP that's for sure

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Making a Covid joke I think goes beyond snarky and into that’s pretty ****ed up territory given the circumstances right now irl. But you do you.

Anyway I wasn’t the only one scum reading those players, so pointing it out to just me and not others means Poy didn’t really care it was a pot shot, therefore he warranted my reaction.
I think whatever quells you have with Pokechu should be said to the mod or left for post game

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Looking at Pokechu's spoilers and such. I like the list as a whole, pretty townie imo and lines up with the things that I've been tossing around. However, I'm not impressed in their confidence in me and Wiisp being town based on their evidence presented. Like Wiisp is the strongest town read, but you only quoted two posts? And those posts weren't even that significant imo. Also, the Wiisp read feels like a double standard in comparison to his LG read, when they are separated by a whole tier on the readslist while the rationale was the same, being "nothing in particular pinged me, which is good and bad". Pokechu Pokechu , could you potentially compare and contrast Wiisp and LG in this game in terms of your opinion of their alignment?

Also not a fan of you saying that I've done some "really bad stuff" at the end of your analysis of me, yet I appear to be really high on your reads list? I would've thought that the presence my "bad stuff" would have weighed into your decision making, and I don't think me "doing something similar" in Flavorless makes up for it.

But besides that, the order looks pretty solid, but I already expected Maven to flip town. My read remains at the status quo for this slot.
BoomFrog BoomFrog
tell me this is UP doing nothing, I dare you

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Incorrect. Roles were assigned randomly to players but we don't have any information whether roles are connected to alignment and mod refuses to answer that particular qustion.
convince me that UP is a wolf
this just feels like mudslinging
also why aren't you voting him if you are basically throwing shots at him and have him as a wolf read from what I recall?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm much less sure about UP, I'm more sus of BF but want to wait to see if he brings up some specific points. I want to see Pokechu's reads. Wiisp is probably town.
Work started for me, I'll have more time in the evening,
I don't get why you can't just vote here?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Town
Ran - for sure
Wiisp - for sure
Z25 - probably, but I should reread

Jackrito - town glimmer but no strong opinions
LaserGuy - I need a lot more strong opinions they I can judge. I bet I can guess his role though. No need to confirm toDay if I'm right.

Scum
Maven/Snoopy - waiting to see
Sabrar - needs headbutting
Up - role could be any alignment. Why did you disappear for the end of D1? Not trying to solve the game.
I don't get how given the length of this game, this is all you can muster?
like Pikachu read 30 pages in 24 hours, and gave more detailed thoughts then this
its really hard for me this is town trying to solve the game

also by rule of 3, one of those is a wolf if you are wolf, because I don't think you as a player have the balls to not put one of the wolves in your scum pile

Wiisp

Smash Lord
It is absolutely wild to me that you guys are giving UP a pass for "being confident". Like, the dude has shown zero actual content. His reads list is unjustified which let's the reader full in the blank with what they think could explain it. And when he's called out on something weird he has just said "I don't remember" or "I've updated since then" or "it's a gut read". All his energy is put in defense. And without even giving a reason for missing the D1 lynch he's already excused. This is classic active lurking.

Just what the actual ****? You guys say this is different then how he played as scum before, but people try new things. Especially, when they end up scum a bunch of times in a row, it seems pretty reasonable that he'd try out a "**** it all" confident attitude and just mess around. Can anyone point out a single place he's shown town intent this game?
I really really really hate this post
I probably quoted this before
but this will be my second reminder in the thread then

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Just to be clear on something, based on your most recent posts. You're scum-reading both UP and myself, correct?
No, UP is scum, you are town.
this feels like a buddy talking to a buddy
and lets no even talk about the second quote where you talk about Sabrar being town, but put him in your wolf leans anyways
Talk to me about that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think in a world of two wolves, it is exactly Boom/Sabrar
if there are 3 I would add laser there
but I am really not sure there are 3 wolves this game

ok game solved

Jackrito

Smash Ace
"LoOk At WiSp PuTtInG nO eFfOrT iNtO tHiS gAmE"
About time you did lol.

I will do my share tomorrow, just got off work which is why I have being inactive, but can put work into this tomorrow. I agree with your scum picks though but want to do my due diligence and actually reread the game.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lets talk about the good ole Horseshoe chart

we have:
High influence
|
|
|
Inaccurate reads------------------------- Accurate Reads
|
|
|
Low influence

placing varying players in each of those categories
I would place Ranmaru right in the middle, all the way up top as high influence
that's the problem I have with him
like his playstyle is just dangerous
I don't even need to think about if he is right or wrong, I just need to look at the way he handles his reads and I hate it
call this shade, or call this w/e you want
but these are the quells I have with the slot

Wiisp

Smash Lord
hmm that chart did not come out as planned
just pretend those vertical lines are in the middle of the chart
actually here
horseshoe.png

Top Bottom