• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The reason I am playing on this site is that the old forum became unavailable. So sadly I have no links to back up any of my claims regarding BoomFrog and LaserGuy and you won't be able to check my playstyle either.
I see, I’m still in the vein that laser is likely scum as well so I would t be against a day one lynch of them. From there I would definitely be able to understand your claims a lot more since I can’t read previous games

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I can read haiku's, it's fun without being obnoxious
Posting in only emotes, is not the same thing at all

Why have you not voted at all this game?, I'm used to you voting at least once since you hate when others don't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also ##unvote

As of now I’m voting laser but there’s no need to rush a vote right away.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
My view on Laser is pretty much the same his posts are unhelpful and is a way to avoid giving info which a town would not do. As Z25 said he has done some words in his posts so the emote restriction is a lie. Add that to a neighbourhood and me agreeing likely one scum in it he seems like the clear choice.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: Are you saying you disagree with my Laser stance as well? Or do you still believe he is scum, but you disagree with my reasoning?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.3

LaserGuy (3) - Sabrar, Jackrito, Ran [L-3]

Sabrar (1) - UtopianPoyzin

UtopianPoyzin (1) - Ninja

Maven (1) - pythag

Wiisp (1) - Laser

Jackrito (1) - Boom

Not Voting (3)
Maven, Wiisp, Z25

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4
Z25 #Unv

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT
Dawn ends Tuesday, April 14, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar: Are you saying you disagree with my Laser stance as well? Or do you still believe he is scum, but you disagree with my reasoning?
I think you are rushing to a conclusion before truly knowing what LaserGuy is saying. The latter part is not your fault, the former is. I have LaserGuy as null right now.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haven't read the games, I've simply seen in the Social that there is a trend of UP rolling scum.

UP: His quick vote switch plus his statistical likelyhood to get scum are why I think he's scum
I don't care about the likelyhood meme, but I'm actually really perplexed at the vote switch being a tell.
earlier you said that maybe he 'accidentally' put his vote on a scum?
but scum know who they are, and they aren't, plus there's no problem with a bus.
I can understand a rapid shift in the middle of the day, but during RVS?

that doesn't exactly add up to me

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can understand an issue with a rapid vote shift in the middle of the day**

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Z:

Would scum expose their neighbors? Yes, if they feel they don't have the ability to manipulate it over the long run, then it would be best for them to claim it to expose the neighbors. Usually town do selfishly claim neighborhoods when they scum read their neighbor as well. Chamber is my next door scum neighbor Which from Ninja's latest post, didn't seem to be the case. (They never interacted with what I was saying about Laser, nor did they care to interact with others like Pythag) How do I feel about Ninja not consulting either of you: I wasn't aware of that, but 3DSNINJA never said anything about whether he consulted with you all or not. This is concerning, though. They felt tight lipped around the time I and UP were questioning them, to me it felt like they claimed it since they saw attention going Laser's way. I find them not consulting y'all shows they cared more to claim rather than consider your opinions. I also dislike their 'eh, I don't care if y'all suspect me anyway' sentence, seems to be saying that simply for appearances. Overall I find them claiming the neighborhood null, but their content is null-scum at the moment.

I'm not sure, I simply take Laser's emoji posting as null. I never had a problem with them, yet I do notice that there is an inconsistency and he should drop it earlier rather than later.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Okay, I think that this has about exhausted its usefulness and has started becoming a distraction so I suppose I will drop this and see what we can learn.

So, obviously, I don't have a posting restriction. However, given that I don't know most of the players here except Sabrar and BoomFrog (and to a lesser extent Ran and Maven, who I will get to later), I thought it would be fun to try something a little off-the-wall to see how people would react and use this to inform my reads. The theory (pioneered by BoomFrog, incidentally), is that scum are more likely to respond poorly to something that unexpected or difficult to explain, whereas townies will behave in fairly natural, if occasionally obnoxious, ways. So my hope is by parsing people's responses to this, we can sort people more effectively.

Sabrar: Sabrar knew exactly what I was doing and chose not to engage with me directly beyond his initial RVS vote. I'm inclined to mark this as scummy for him specifically, since his typical meta with me is to tunnel me pretty aggressively any game he's Town (regardless of my alignment), and I don't see a particular reason why it would be any different just because I was posting in emojis, since I was obviously engaged in the game and would have responded to him. Sabrar's general lack of useful content or scumhunting outside of this also looks pretty bad to me.

Maven and Jackrito: Both players have a single post complaining about my behaviour (pedit Jackrito now has a second post). Like it or not, I was producing content, engaging people in discussion and responding to questions posed to me, and posing questions of my own (though outside of a few slots, mostly ignored). The superficial reaction of these slots in light of their own content strikes me largely as people looking for an easy, harmless wagon. I would be very surprised if there was not scum in at least one of these slots.

UtopianPoyzin: Pretty consistently my strongest townread throughout the entire game so far. Has been asking good questions and providing solid, nuanced opinions. His read on me in #94, seems perfectly reasonable and townie.

3DSNinja: Gives me a vaguely newbie town vibe, which is interesting since they aren't strictly a newbie to all appearances. I'm assuming that the claim was somehow to help suss out what was going on with what I was doing. I'm not exactly sure it was helpful, but I think the earnestness is more likely genuine than not. The comment in #118 that Wiisp is in the neighbourhood is very interesting to me, however, since Wiisp most definitely is not. This could be an outright slip.

Z25: Pretty typical frustrated Town reaction. Contrast to Maven/Jackrito who aren't really contributing either to the discussion around me or to the discussion around anything else. Z25 is both trying to figure out what's going on with me and is also contributing to the discussion and posting reads and analysis. As an aside, the reason I didn't answer you in the neighborhood was I was waiting for you (and some others) to post something in thread about it. Explaining to you and 3DS what I was doing would largely defeat the point of doing so as you were two of the players I was hoping to read.

BoomFrog: Is BoomFrog. As I mentioned above, this is kind of his shtick, so it's hard for me and would have no doubt tailored his response to me in exactly the way I was expecting him to regardless of his alignment. I like that he's actually gone out of his way to try to help me be understood, but again, I can't say that this is much above null for him at this point. Putting him at a slight Town lean for now.

Wiisp: Similar situation to Maven/Jackrito above. Content is generally unhelpful and does not advance discussion. Wiisp at least superficially addresses my content in something that almost looks like a read, but doesn't actually provide any reasoning behind it

pythag: Similar boat to UP. Engaged with directly in an unprejudiced manner, but didn't let that distract from examining other players and providing content. I've liked most of their thoughts and analysis so far.

Ranmaru: One of the few (only) players who seems to have really made any effort to actually interpret my content and draw conclusions from it. Even though most of those conclusions are wrong, I still think this is more likely coming from a townie place than not. I think at least some of the confusion is mostly from our respective meta reads of Sabrar--I don't particularly feel that Sabrar doing setup spec or not is AI, and while I've seen him do it in some games, I've played many games with Sabrar where he hasn't done it at all. My initial vexation with this, as I allude to in my post above, stems more from the fact that my meta on Ran is that he doesn't like setup discussion to begin with, so this seems a very strange way for him to try to engage Sabrar, given that the discussion would, from Ran's point of view, be entirely NAI anyway. Given that Ran ought to know Sabrar is typically very aggressive and active, it seems to me this is the point that Ran should have been engaging him on. That said, if Ran is convinced that Sabrar's meta is setup heavy, it is probably just an honest mistake and is all NAI. His activity and content leans more toward my town meta on him, so I'm putting him as town lean for now.

Town:
LaserGuy
UtopianPoyzin
pythag
Z25
3DS*
Ranmaru
BoomFrog
Maven
Jackrito
Wiisp
Sabrar
Scum

##Sabrar

(*) 3DS has that one comment about Wiisp in the neighborhood that really bothers me and my opinion of them could swing wildly depending on how that resolves.

I'll try to get back to any outstanding questions for me when I have some more time later today.

Also, is there a way to ISO people in this forums?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To be perfectly clear, I was already thinking about Sabrar's active meta. Yet I hadn't said anything about it until my #105 because I don't want to interrupt scumhunting from another player. I think I've already explained why I asked Sabrar about his methods with setup spec, because that's his method of scumhunting. I think I've gone over when I'd go over setup as well. (But only briefly) It's understandable to see your confusion over it, and I find your stance post townie, and the reason for why you did the post restriction comes across as townie motivated to me as well.

##Unvote
##3DSNinja

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z:

Would scum expose their neighbors? Yes, if they feel they don't have the ability to manipulate it over the long run, then it would be best for them to claim it to expose the neighbors. Usually town do selfishly claim neighborhoods when they scum read their neighbor as well. Chamber is my next door scum neighbor Which from Ninja's latest post, didn't seem to be the case. (They never interacted with what I was saying about Laser, nor did they care to interact with others like Pythag) How do I feel about Ninja not consulting either of you: I wasn't aware of that, but 3DSNINJA never said anything about whether he consulted with you all or not. This is concerning, though. They felt tight lipped around the time I and UP were questioning them, to me it felt like they claimed it since they saw attention going Laser's way. I find them not consulting y'all shows they cared more to claim rather than consider your opinions. I also dislike their 'eh, I don't care if y'all suspect me anyway' sentence, seems to be saying that simply for appearances. Overall I find them claiming the neighborhood null, but their content is null-scum at the moment.

I'm not sure, I simply take Laser's emoji posting as null. I never had a problem with them, yet I do notice that there is an inconsistency and he should drop it earlier rather than later.
I have t played with 3ds or Laser before, so do you think they would come to the conclusion so early that I and laser( if he knew we were town or not) would not be able to be used for anything without even trying?

After all if we were new to Ninja how could that opinion form so fast? They would know little to nothing about us and I don’t see why they wouldn’t try.

Although I suppose if their scum mate was more familiar with laser and I they would be able to form this opinion better.

As for Laser, I’m surprised you have them as null despite their behavior.

I see they just posted though as I was typing this.

I was about to link Star Wars Mafia where Day one Scum Nabe faked a silencer claim in a stupid manor and actually got believed by everyone but me.

But that doesn’t seem relevant atm however.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, I think that this has about exhausted its usefulness and has started becoming a distraction so I suppose I will drop this and see what we can learn.

So, obviously, I don't have a posting restriction. However, given that I don't know most of the players here except Sabrar and BoomFrog (and to a lesser extent Ran and Maven, who I will get to later), I thought it would be fun to try something a little off-the-wall to see how people would react and use this to inform my reads. The theory (pioneered by BoomFrog, incidentally), is that scum are more likely to respond poorly to something that unexpected or difficult to explain, whereas townies will behave in fairly natural, if occasionally obnoxious, ways. So my hope is by parsing people's responses to this, we can sort people more effectively.

Sabrar: Sabrar knew exactly what I was doing and chose not to engage with me directly beyond his initial RVS vote. I'm inclined to mark this as scummy for him specifically, since his typical meta with me is to tunnel me pretty aggressively any game he's Town (regardless of my alignment), and I don't see a particular reason why it would be any different just because I was posting in emojis, since I was obviously engaged in the game and would have responded to him. Sabrar's general lack of useful content or scumhunting outside of this also looks pretty bad to me.

Maven and Jackrito: Both players have a single post complaining about my behaviour (pedit Jackrito now has a second post). Like it or not, I was producing content, engaging people in discussion and responding to questions posed to me, and posing questions of my own (though outside of a few slots, mostly ignored). The superficial reaction of these slots in light of their own content strikes me largely as people looking for an easy, harmless wagon. I would be very surprised if there was not scum in at least one of these slots.

UtopianPoyzin: Pretty consistently my strongest townread throughout the entire game so far. Has been asking good questions and providing solid, nuanced opinions. His read on me in #94, seems perfectly reasonable and townie.

3DSNinja: Gives me a vaguely newbie town vibe, which is interesting since they aren't strictly a newbie to all appearances. I'm assuming that the claim was somehow to help suss out what was going on with what I was doing. I'm not exactly sure it was helpful, but I think the earnestness is more likely genuine than not. The comment in #118 that Wiisp is in the neighbourhood is very interesting to me, however, since Wiisp most definitely is not. This could be an outright slip.

Z25: Pretty typical frustrated Town reaction. Contrast to Maven/Jackrito who aren't really contributing either to the discussion around me or to the discussion around anything else. Z25 is both trying to figure out what's going on with me and is also contributing to the discussion and posting reads and analysis. As an aside, the reason I didn't answer you in the neighborhood was I was waiting for you (and some others) to post something in thread about it. Explaining to you and 3DS what I was doing would largely defeat the point of doing so as you were two of the players I was hoping to read.

BoomFrog: Is BoomFrog. As I mentioned above, this is kind of his shtick, so it's hard for me and would have no doubt tailored his response to me in exactly the way I was expecting him to regardless of his alignment. I like that he's actually gone out of his way to try to help me be understood, but again, I can't say that this is much above null for him at this point. Putting him at a slight Town lean for now.

Wiisp: Similar situation to Maven/Jackrito above. Content is generally unhelpful and does not advance discussion. Wiisp at least superficially addresses my content in something that almost looks like a read, but doesn't actually provide any reasoning behind it

pythag: Similar boat to UP. Engaged with directly in an unprejudiced manner, but didn't let that distract from examining other players and providing content. I've liked most of their thoughts and analysis so far.

Ranmaru: One of the few (only) players who seems to have really made any effort to actually interpret my content and draw conclusions from it. Even though most of those conclusions are wrong, I still think this is more likely coming from a townie place than not. I think at least some of the confusion is mostly from our respective meta reads of Sabrar--I don't particularly feel that Sabrar doing setup spec or not is AI, and while I've seen him do it in some games, I've played many games with Sabrar where he hasn't done it at all. My initial vexation with this, as I allude to in my post above, stems more from the fact that my meta on Ran is that he doesn't like setup discussion to begin with, so this seems a very strange way for him to try to engage Sabrar, given that the discussion would, from Ran's point of view, be entirely NAI anyway. Given that Ran ought to know Sabrar is typically very aggressive and active, it seems to me this is the point that Ran should have been engaging him on. That said, if Ran is convinced that Sabrar's meta is setup heavy, it is probably just an honest mistake and is all NAI. His activity and content leans more toward my town meta on him, so I'm putting him as town lean for now.

Town:
LaserGuy
UtopianPoyzin
pythag
Z25
3DS*
Ranmaru
BoomFrog
Maven
Jackrito
Wiisp
Sabrar
Scum

##Sabrar

(*) 3DS has that one comment about Wiisp in the neighborhood that really bothers me and my opinion of them could swing wildly depending on how that resolves.

I'll try to get back to any outstanding questions for me when I have some more time later today.

No but if you use the search thread button( top right) you can search this thread name and type in a user to just see their posts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Admittedly I can’t see a way to confuse wisp not being there unless in another pm with Wisp. Likely the scum chat

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Again, I don't really care about you voting for me. Vote me off if you guys think I'm suspicious.

I don't really care.

BTW, Ran and Z25 are def town, I'm less supicious of Z25, Sabrar and UP are still my primary suspects.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yeah, y'all can vote me off if ya deem me suspicious, I don't give a ****.

I still think y'all should be looking into UP more, but that's just me.

Z25 and Ran are def town

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't played with 3DS before either, so I have no meta to know if he'd do it as a particular alignment or the other. Z, you are losing me with some of your questions. Why they wouldn't try what, to sort you? I'm not sure. Hey 3DSNinja 3DSNinja why didn't you consult with your neighbors before claiming? What did you post / do in the neighbor chat?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar: Sabrar knew exactly what I was doing and chose not to engage with me directly beyond his initial RVS vote.
Correct.
I don't see a particular reason why it would be any different just because I was posting in emojis,
This was exactly my reason. I was letting you do your gambit without telling others what was going on. We can have meaningful discussion once you post in words.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As for Laser, I’m surprised you have them as null despite their behavior..
I had Laser as scum at the time, but the emoji posts were null to me even in the post I explained my scum read on him. Their posting now makes sense to me in a town motivated manner, and Boom also falls to null.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I haven't played with 3DS before either, so I have no meta to know if he'd do it as a particular alignment or the other. Z, you are losing me with some of your questions. Why they wouldn't try what, to sort you? I'm not sure. Hey 3DSNinja 3DSNinja why didn't you consult with your neighbors before claiming? What did you post / do in the neighbor chat?
I didn't consult because I figured I could get Laser out of a bind and I just did it immediately once I saw that role-claiming was allowed.

Mostly the neighbor chat had me and Z25 questioning Laser's emoji posting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to take out the trash briefly, but I want Wiisp Wiisp to answer Jackrito's question and give a scum stance or two.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh **** I misread the thing and thought Wiisp was in it.
You don’t forget who is in your neighborhood. You say you don’t care yet you want to advocate for my lynch as the one who first suggested there was scum in the neighborhood. Feeing worse and worse about this slot, as the “not worried about opinion of self” attitude has transformed into a challenge saying “vote me all you want I don’t care” which might technically be the same thing but the intonation is sounding more like a threat using apathy.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Again, I don't really care about you voting for me. Vote me off if you guys think I'm suspicious.

I don't really care.

BTW, Ran and Z25 are def town, I'm less supicious of Z25, Sabrar and UP are still my primary suspects.
Yeah, y'all can vote me off if ya deem me suspicious, I don't give a ****.

I still think y'all should be looking into UP more, but that's just me.

Z25 and Ran are def town
The last post heavily surrounded talking about 3DSNinja’s threat using apathy is here. I suppose that forgetting a neighbor is NAI, but it’s unusual to say the least

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm honestly just kinda apathetic.
I'm just stickin to a hunch.
That's honestly it.

Z25 and Ran are town. Laser seems pretty town as well.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
##unvote

I'm semi fine with the reason given, their anaylsis from it as well seems legit.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You say you don’t care yet you want to advocate for my lynch as the one who first suggested there was scum in the neighborhood.
Okay, not “advocating for my lynch” per se, but just worthy of investigation solely based off of me moving my RVS vote. Yet, I feel like my “gotta be a scum in the neighborhood” prompted 3DSNinja’s insistence to look into my slot

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
UP... you do realize I voted for ya Day 1 right?

I honestly kinda don't think there is a scum in the neighborhood, of course, I could be misjudging Z25 or Laser, but they seem pretty trustworthy ngl.
Of course, I could actually be scum. You can't count out anyone as scum.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm in a weird place with UP this game I only have one game with them and I spend most of it hating everything they were doing and was scumreading them all of it and we were both town. This game their style and approach is so different I find it weird possible this is more their normal style and last game was open setup so they wanted to focus on mechanics and break the setup more but still bothers me. slight town though because their posts have being good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You mentioned how a Scum neighbor may have claimed if they thought they couldn’t manipulate the chat in the long run. So I was asking if you thought of a reason as to why they may not have tried at all if they are scum.

Laser and I would be new faces to 3ds, so if 3ds was scum why not try to convince the new faces of whatever scum wanted to manipulate rather then claim neighborhood to the thread?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Town:
LaserGuy
UtopianPoyzin
pythag
Z25
3DS*
Ranmaru
BoomFrog
Maven
Jackrito
Wiisp
Sabrar
Scum

##Sabrar

And just like that LaserGuy has shot up my readslist. It’s not just because their townreading me, and I don’t agree with everything they’ve said, but this just oozes “townie mindset” from my perspective and I don’t have any more grievances with this slot.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
UP... you do realize I voted for ya Day 1 right?

I honestly kinda don't think there is a scum in the neighborhood, of course, I could be misjudging Z25 or Laser, but they seem pretty trustworthy ngl.
Of course, I could actually be scum. You can't count out anyone as scum.
Do you want to get lynched today because statements like that last line don't really help us doubt you less lol.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm going to take out the trash briefly, but I want Wiisp Wiisp to answer Jackrito's question and give a scum stance or two.
I didn't see a question from him, and maybe
And a hard focus on this game probably isn't coming till like Thurs evening

Top Bottom