• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It doesn't make the suspect pool smaller since (I assume) that you aren't cleared to each other. As in, you don't know the alignments of your neighbors. Yet I am still curious about what you think about them. I do think it is possible there is one out of three, though. (Which I think is Laser)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do agree with UP on 3DNINJA being genuine and earnest, but I think the role claim is null. Plus Laser is scum. Talk about that, UP.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.2

LaserGuy (3) - Sabrar, Jackrito, Ran [L-3]

Sabrar (1) - UtopianPoyzin

UtopianPoyzin (1) - Ninja

Maven (1) - pythag

pythag (1) - Z25

Wiisp (1) - Laser

Jackrito (1) - Boom

Not Voting (2)
Maven, Wiisp

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT
Dawn ends Tuesday, April 14, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to sleep now, Ninja, I am still waiting on your answer to my question. Good night.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wisp, before I answer, why are you asking me for that before you give your own opinion on him? To answer your second question, no I am not talking about his rvs vote.
Because I am

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Natural intuition. Scum 3DSNinja would probably say this to potentially clear himself, and if they were all town then it'd be a masonry. There's almost always at least one scum in a neighborhood.
in a neighborhood of 3, I would like to agree
still would rather put more weight on his actual content though

Sabrar

Smash Ace
and if they were all town then it'd be a masonry.
This is incorrect reasoning. Masonry and Neighborhood lead to very different plays and each has their role in the game.

There's almost always at least one scum in a neighborhood.
Even if this is based on actual datapoints, why do you exclude the possibility that the mod is deliberately trying to circumvent players' expectations?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Even if this is based on actual datapoints, why do you exclude the possibility that the mod is deliberately trying to circumvent players' expectations?
I mean, I won't exclude it. They could all be town; heck, they could all be scum. But from my perspective, it would seem that the likeliest option is that there's one in the mix. I don't have any hard suspicions on who it is at this moment, but I suppose that if you have a scumbud in there then it WOULD be in your best interest to focus on an "all town" neighborhood rather than one with scum in it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is incorrect reasoning. Masonry and Neighborhood lead to very different plays and each has their role in the game.
I suppose its incorrect. The possibility of an all town neighborhood does exist. I just doubt it. That's all. Personally, I don't want to dwell on figuring out who it is, as lynching from there gives us 33% odds, which is not at all ideal. Would prefer to vote somewhere that I'm confident in. And as of right now, you're my top pick. Granted we haven't even been playing for a day, and D1 reads are always subject to fluctuation, but it is what it is.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I do agree with UP on 3DNINJA being genuine and earnest, but I think the role claim is null. Plus Laser is scum. Talk about that, UP.
Laser is null. There is no way to scumread Laser as of right now. Posting one emoji at a time might be unhelpful, but its certainly nothing to freak out over. Granted from what limited I can read from them, I'm reading them just slightly more scummy than null, but I don't see it as anything to hard push right now.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
but I suppose that if you have a scumbud in there then it WOULD be in your best interest to focus on an "all town" neighborhood rather than one with scum in it.
Except I'm not 'focusing' on this scenario, I'm just questioning your line of thought.

And as of right now, you're my top pick.
Please explain why in detail. And no, 'natural intuition' doesn't count.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
My opinion on Laser: His #34 doesn't lineup with his progression before hand.
:ohwell::laugh::tired:
Now I seconded Ranmaru's vote without any joke commentary. WaTcHa GoNnA dO aBoUt It?
:laugh:
Ranmaru :tired:

##Wiisp
:confused:

Sabrar said:
Sabrar, I am curious as to why you haven't talked about the setup at all by this point.
Ranmaru on xkcd forums in a game sadly lost to the ether so I will paraphrase said:
I hate setup spec because it is NAI and unproductive and distracts from hunting from scum
:ohwell:

Example we have plurality which means the person with the most votes dies if we can't make a decision. Random townie dies if this isn't the case.
xkcd standard rules said:
If no majority is reached by the deadline, the player with the highest amount of votes will be lynched.

You always think you make sense. But, to speak for my mute friend, Sabrar proved that he was dismissive of your expectation that he should focus on those aspects of the setup. Both LG and myself could easily predict that since we know Sabrar so well. Your view of Sabrar is two dimensional. Dispite appearances, he is not, in fact, a robot who deterministicly always does the same thing. My opinion of your jab at Sabrar was also :ohwell:
:):)

but his emote response to Z25 is not good.
:confused::confused:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Also, 3DS had a good reaction and explanation to my posts.
Hey George, I think you're town (for a change) but this is basically your only read that I can agree with. BoomFrog is a much better player than to chainsaw D1 during RVS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So you narrow our pool to you, z25, and laserguy?

@DBZ25 how do you feel about having your neighborhood outed?
LaserGuy LaserGuy what emote do you have for the occasion?
not sure how I feel about that claim being out there.

But yes 3ds isn’t lying. I wouldn’t have claimed day one even if it does save laser.

That’s why I responded to Laser last night and I sent a message in the neighborhood pm. Both which have been ignored and he was speaking normally there.

If I’m being honest I would have supported the Laser lynch, and then suggested we claim day 2.

Because Laser emotis not helping us at all.

Anyway with that information out there, I’m guessing there’s 3 scum to balance out the setup if there’s a neighborhood of the 3 of us and then then the other townies.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
What prompted you to claim right now? Did you get consensus from your neighbors before doing so?
:(
It's looking like it so far.

LaserGuy LaserGuy what emote do you have for the occasion?
:facepalm::dizzy:

If a veteran player said this I would be highly skeptical, but because this is 3DSNinja’s first time playing mafia in awhile, this sounds dreadfully earnest and upfront. I decided I like their slot a bit after all, but their confidence in claiming neighbor immediately rubbed me the wrong way, as I feel like they could’ve done that to clear themself as scum.
:)

If Laser doesn’t post actual words I’m going to vote him in the ****
:laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
not sure how I feel about that claim being out there.

But yes 3ds isn’t lying. I wouldn’t have claimed day one even if it does save laser.

That’s why I responded to Laser last night and I sent a message in the neighborhood pm. Both which have been ignored and he was speaking normally there.

If I’m being honest I would have supported the Laser lynch, and then suggested we claim day 2.

Because Laser emotis not helping us at all.

Anyway with that information out there, I’m guessing there’s 3 scum to balance out the setup if there’s a neighborhood of the 3 of us and then then the other townies.
Alright so I’m reading the thread,

And a scum in the neighborhood is something I didn’t consider. Admittedly I didn’t look up what this was on the wiki, even though I’ve never played in one before.

I only know what my pm says outside of the neighborhood. I didn’t think to ask for claims in the chat.

I’ll hold onto my ability for now though.

I’m going to change my vote.

But I want discussion.

ranmaru ranmaru UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Sabrar Sabrar

You’ve all been discussing things a bit.

If there’s scum in the neighborhood who is it?

Does it make sense for Scum Laser to really post emojis if they didn’t have to, knowing that would be a red flag? Or would scum Laser really have this very odd restriction to their posts?

Or for that matter would town Laser fall into either of those two things as well?

How do you feel about 3ds claiming without even consulting joe Neighbors. Is it scummy to not consult first?

Would scum 3ds claim this early without much need?

And your free to comment on me as well If you have any thoughts

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Most likely not 3ds.

Does it make sense for Scum Laser to really post emojis if they didn’t have to, knowing that would be a red flag? Or would scum Laser really have this very odd restriction to their posts?
No restriction but it is in scum!LGs repertoire to do this despite the attention it would bring.

How do you feel about 3ds claiming without even consulting joe Neighbors. Is it scummy to not consult first?
Unknown player with different background. If I had to guess it rather points to town!3ds. Scum would probably not reveal this as having a private channel where you can influence townies is good for them.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so I’m reading the thread,

And a scum in the neighborhood is something I didn’t consider. Admittedly I didn’t look up what this was on the wiki, even though I’ve never played in one before.

I only know what my pm says outside of the neighborhood. I didn’t think to ask for claims in the chat.

I’ll hold onto my ability for now though.

I’m going to change my vote.

But I want discussion.

ranmaru ranmaru UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Sabrar Sabrar

You’ve all been discussing things a bit.

Would scum 3ds claim this early without much need?

And your free to comment on me as well If you have any thoughts
this is the same thing osieorb did a few games ago. posting only haiku.
that really bothered you, why is laserguy not bothering you in the same manner? or is it?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wiisp :confused:
3DSNinja :confused:
Z25 :confused:

##Wiisp
On your progression, I was mostly focusing on you scum reads here (which I inferred from your vote on Wisp). I assumed the top section were nulls. So simple yes / no question for you: Is the top section nulls?

On your second point, of course I dislike focusing on setup. It's not what I would use as a tool to find scum primarily. Yet I know Sabrar would, so asking him about why he hasn't, makes sense to me. Asking him about something I've seen in his meta, doesn't mean I will like setup talk, nor am I inviting him to do so. If I haven't played with Sabrar that many times, with that context, I wouldn't have asked. Is it really that hard to see what I'm getting at here? Also, I generally do mention my thoughts of the setup if it's something I feel town should know. Then I get it out of the way and get back to scumhunting.

Yes, I know it's in the rules. Yet I mention it anyway because some people don't read them, so I state it as a reminder. Even I don't read them sometimes so, better I say it so people are aware than not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: Why haven't you given a reads list yet? Your opening has been much slower than I'd expect. Curious why you are playing the way you are.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I don't know much about y'all, but Laser seems to be trolling, at least to me.
I didn't consider a scum in a neighberhood.

Here's what I think

UP: I still think scum
Laser: Possible scum
Z25: Town
Ran: Town
Wiisp: Possible town
Pythag: Possible town.
Sabrar: Possible scum

Haven't seen enough of everyone else to get some reads on them.

But eh, I don't really care if y'all think I'm suspicious.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar: Why haven't you given a reads list yet? Your opening has been much slower than I'd expect. Curious why you are playing the way you are.
moody is the one who gives readlists after a single day. I typically do it in the middle of D1.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Where are these town reads on me coming from
If Mr. Yoshi is true claiming, it's unlikely he is a wolf
Doubtful, since it's kind of bastardy

If he doesn't stop doing it today, I'm almost 99.9% putting him as a policy Lynch day 2

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Most likely not 3ds.

No restriction but it is in scum!LGs repertoire to do this despite the attention it would bring.

Unknown player with different background. If I had to guess it rather points to town!3ds. Scum would probably not reveal this as having a private channel where you can influence townies is good for them.
Do you have a linke to a game where scum laser has played like this since you said it’s something they would do?
this is the same thing osieorb did a few games ago. posting only haiku.
that really bothered you, why is laserguy not bothering you in the same manner? or is it?
I already said I was literally going to vote for them though. I specifically asked them in the thread and pm with no definitive answer. The fact they couldn’t even respond to the pm means to me that they have a lot less town intent.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
The problem with Yoshi isn't the emotes, from what I've seen and read, there just isn't consistency

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I can read haiku's, it's fun without being obnoxious
Posting in only emotes, is not the same thing at all

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Do you have a linke to a game where scum laser has played like this since you said it’s something they would do?
The reason I am playing on this site is that the old forum became unavailable. So sadly I have no links to back up any of my claims regarding BoomFrog and LaserGuy and you won't be able to check my playstyle either.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The problem with Yoshi isn't the emotes, from what I've seen and read, there just isn't consistency
That’s part of my problem.

They posted only emotes but then when they had a reads list they listed each player out normally.

That tells me there’s no restriction here or they wouldn’t be able to type that.

You could argue that maybe they can speak normally but has to have emojis in there, but again they chose not to do this in other posts so it doesn’t add up

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
3DSNinja: Can you explain your reads please? Especially the scum / possible scum reads, thank you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, you never responded to UP's question, about you reading his 8 previous games. I'd like to see that too. (Z I'll get to you after Ninja responds)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Also, you never responded to UP's question, about you reading his 8 previous games. I'd like to see that too. (Z I'll get to you after Ninja responds)
Haven't read the games, I've simply seen in the Social that there is a trend of UP rolling scum.

Anyways uh, my scum/potential scum reads are like this:
UP: His quick vote switch plus his statistical likelyhood to get scum are why I think he's scum
Laser: He keeps posting in only emotes, and since one person in the neighberhood is probably scum, and I know it isn't me, it's definently not Z25, and I don't think it's Wiisp, it has to be Laser by logical deduction.
Sabrar is being suspected by UP, yes, which does make him the least likely scum of the 3, but he is acting a bit suspicious, (though so am I), and it could be a way for them to throw off suspicion if he IS scum.

You and Z25 are the two I'm most confident in besides myself.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Haven't read the games, I've simply seen in the Social that there is a trend of UP rolling scum.

Anyways uh, my scum/potential scum reads are like this:
UP: His quick vote switch plus his statistical likelyhood to get scum are why I think he's scum
Laser: He keeps posting in only emotes, and since one person in the neighberhood is probably scum, and I know it isn't me, it's definently not Z25, and I don't think it's Wiisp, it has to be Laser by logical deduction.
Sabrar is being suspected by UP, yes, which does make him the least likely scum of the 3, but he is acting a bit suspicious, (though so am I), and it could be a way for them to throw off suspicion if he IS scum.

You and Z25 are the two I'm most confident in besides myself.

Why did you mention Wiisp here I thought you were only in one with Z25 and Laser unless I missed something

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright time for some reads:

Town:
Ran
Sab

Town lean:
3ds

Between Null and Town:
Pythag

Null:
Wisp
Maven
Jack
Boom Frog

Scum:

Laser

Explanation:

Ran and Sab are coming off with good content and interactions. With both looking likely to keep contributing more to each topic at hand.

3ds is likely town because of the neighborhood and I agree with the idea scum 3ds would be unlikely to make this claim at this point when it’s a useful scum assets.

Pythag is close to being a town lean right now. I read him as town previously when he played and contributed like how he is now, but he was scum. However the odds of scum Pythag twice is unlikely so he’s sitting right there atm.

out of my null I don’t see anything bad with Jacks slot atm but I haven’t played much with them so they aren’t pinging me one way or another.

The rest in null I want to see more from and my bet is at least one of them are scum.

Scum being Laser I’ve already gone over, it makes a lot of sense as that slot isn’t adding up right now

Top Bottom