• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.1

Sabrar (2) - UtopianPoyzin, Boom [L-4]

LaserGuy (1) - Sabrar

UtopianPoyzin (1) - Ninja

Maven (1) - pythag

pythag (1) - Z25

Wiisp (1) - Laser

Ninja (1) - Ran

Not Voting (3)
Maven, Jackrito, Wiisp

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

Notes
I put 7 votes to lynch on the last vote count because math.

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT
Dawn ends Tuesday, April 14, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hey BoomFrog, long time no see. Can't you see that LG is totally faking the post restriction? You know how amazing I am at spotting scum D1, you voting me means it's likely you're his buddy which makes me sad. I thought we could have a nice us vs them thing going on. Oh well.
Yes, of course, that is plain to see with the barest of glances. But a game of us vs them does sounds nice, but we'd better include some of them into our little games or we will be outnumbered.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'll try to expound on my suspicion of UP.
it was just a vote to get things rolling, but his very quick switch is kinda suspicious IMO. Like possibly realizing he voted for another scum on accident? That, and I honestly don't have any one else suspicious.
voting for me is very reasonable, and I respect it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am curious why you didn't answer Pythag in the first place.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar, I am curious as to why you haven't talked about the setup at all by this point. Example we have plurality which means the person with the most votes dies if we can't make a decision. Random townie dies if this isn't the case.
There's nothing much to talk about with a semi-closed setup. As you well know we played with plurality all the time on my old site so for me that's kind of the normal thing to do and the random townie dying should not have any effect if we can keep our sh*t together.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
it was just a vote to get things rolling, but his very quick switch is kinda suspicious IMO. Like possibly realizing he voted for another scum on accident? That, and I honestly don't have any one else suspicious.
Were you aware of his tragic history of rolling scum like 8 games in a row?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yes, which is another reason I voted for him, as he's statistically more likely to be scum.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Why are you posting only emojis?
:shades:

Sabrar, I am curious as to why you haven't talked about the setup at all by this point. Example we have plurality which means the person with the most votes dies if we can't make a decision. Random townie dies if this isn't the case.
:ohwell:

Yes, of course, that is plain to see with the barest of glances.
:sadeyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, which is another reason I voted for him, as he's statistically more likely to be scum.
:facepalm:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar, that is a good point. Plurality isn't a normal mechanic for us, so I felt it was something to point out. Plus another important aspect: we have dusk and dawn, which is important to consider in the future.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wisp, before I answer, why are you asking me for that before you give your own opinion on him? To answer your second question, no I am not talking about his rvs vote.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
##Laserguy

For now this emote only responses are going to get old real fast.

I need to read this game properly though which I will do tomorrow.

I'm not sure if Laser is really scum since doing something that annoying is a fast track way to rub people the wrong way, which scum would try to avoid. I don't see why a town does it either though so best to pressure this slot.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Worry not. One must give a friend more then the barest of glaces, no?

##Unvote
##Jackrito

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My opinion on Laser: His #34 doesn't lineup with his progression before hand. He seems to be emoting with confusion towards me, which seems odd as he should have context with what I was saying in my #39. The reason why I asked Sabrar was because he always feels it's important to discuss setup, and to scumhunt in that manner. Yet Laser's response to my post doesn't make sense from someone that should understand Sabrar much better than myself. I think the emote business is null, but his emote response to Z25 is not good. His posting so far has been disingenuous. He prefers to :/ me instead of consider that what I was saying makes sense, which I think is likely scum motivated.

Unvote: Vote: Laserguy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom is Laser's buddy, chainsawing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, 3DS had a good reaction and explanation to my posts.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
My opinion on Laser: His #34 doesn't lineup with his progression before hand. He seems to be emoting with confusion towards me, which seems odd as he should have context with what I was saying in my #39. The reason why I asked Sabrar was because he always feels it's important to discuss setup, and to scumhunt in that manner. Yet Laser's response to my post doesn't make sense from someone that should understand Sabrar much better than myself. I think the emote business is null, but his emote response to Z25 is not good. His posting so far has been disingenuous. He prefers to :/ me instead of consider that what I was saying makes sense, which I think is likely scum motivated.

Unvote: Vote: Laserguy
You always think you make sense. But, to speak for my mute friend, Sabrar proved that he was dismissive of your expectation that he should focus on those aspects of the setup. Both LG and myself could easily predict that since we know Sabrar so well. Your view of Sabrar is two dimensional. Dispite appearances, he is not, in fact, a robot who deterministicly always does the same thing. My opinion of your jab at Sabrar was also :ohwell:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar proved himself correctly, and proved me wrong. I think there is nothing wrong with being wrong, and it can help me sort a player further from these interactions. Most of the games I have played with Sabrar, where I was scum, and he was town, he would be playing with the setup in mind. So is it not natural for me to expect that again? Now my question is, your response to Sabrar about Laser guy, why didn't you expand on how it affected your stance on Laser. Why vote Jackrito?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I like to act first and explain myself later. It let's people misconstrue why I do things and that helps me read their minds. I'll explain myself more later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You say you like to act first and explain later but you never gave a :/ to my question to Sabrar initially but you give it after my #58 to support Laser's :/. What's your opinion of the first sentence of my #58?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is but I suggest against anyone role claiming without any reason. Basically if you don't have any conclusive results, no reason to claim on Day 1, or pre-maturely at all. If a person claims their role they'll be vulnerable to scum night killing them if they are a threat to scum. I'm hoping you know that much but I actually can't be that sure because Mamboo. :awesome:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
##Laserguy I voted with the wrong format.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Well then, the claim is useful here.
I am in a neighborhood with Laser Guy and Z25.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Interesting. What made you consider claiming that now? Curious what your stance is on Laser of course, and Z25 since you have him in there too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To clarify, I believe Boom is scum by association upon Laser flipping scum.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
THANK you. Someone gets it :laugh:

But that leads me to the question: I now see that you said you’ve played forum mafia long ago, and that this is your first game here. How much reading did you do into previous games to get caught up in my scum streak?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If a veteran player said this I would be highly skeptical, but because this is 3DSNinja’s first time playing mafia in awhile, this sounds dreadfully earnest and upfront. I decided I like their slot a bit after all, but their confidence in claiming neighbor immediately rubbed me the wrong way, as I feel like they could’ve done that to clear themself as scum.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I claimed it now because I didn't know if role claiming was a thing here, and also to make our suspect pool smaller.
because the forums I played on were 50/50 on role-claiming.

That's why I said it then and not earlier.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I claimed it now because I didn't know if role claiming was a thing here, and also to make our suspect pool smaller.
because the forums I played on were 50/50 on role-claiming.

That's why I said it then and not earlier.
So you narrow our pool to you, z25, and laserguy?

@DBZ25 how do you feel about having your neighborhood outed?
LaserGuy LaserGuy what emote do you have for the occasion?

Top Bottom