• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
##LaserGuy

Obvious scum is obvious, BoomFrog vote with me.
Don't like the opening. I've seen in time and time again where a scummer reaches out and appeals to a townie to give themselves a connection and make it harder for that person to scumread them later on.

Hey BoomFrog, long time no see. Can't you see that LG is totally faking the post restriction? You know how amazing I am at spotting scum D1, you voting me means it's likely you're his buddy which makes me sad. I thought we could have a nice us vs them thing going on. Oh well.
Posting restrictions are not inherently scummy and justifying your vote with one is pretty sus. Even if he was faking the posting restriction, you were quick to jump with "oh they must be scum because of it" in the third sentence. So far it seems that you're trying to appear as town to BoomFrog in particular because they have experience with you and can recognize your scum tactics, so gaining that trust early on must be very beneficial for scum!Sabrar.

There's nothing much to talk about with a semi-closed setup. As you well know we played with plurality all the time on my old site so for me that's kind of the normal thing to do and the random townie dying should not have any effect if we can keep our sh*t together.
Why are you so sure about this?
I'm not sure why Sabrar would ask this question in an attempt to make me second guess my position, but I don't believe I have the authority to weigh in on how a perfectly valid question is unfair.

This is incorrect reasoning. Masonry and Neighborhood lead to very different plays and each has their role in the game.

Even if this is based on actual datapoints, why do you exclude the possibility that the mod is deliberately trying to circumvent players' expectations?
Except I'm not 'focusing' on this scenario, I'm just questioning your line of thought.

Please explain why in detail. And no, 'natural intuition' doesn't count.
Naturally I wouldn't have heaps of detail to give you but I'm not a fan of your early interactions. The rest of the gaps are filled with "natural intuition", but there's a good reason why I'm lessening the pressure on you because I don't have much more to say. Your content does improve following this post of yours.
Hey George, I think you're town (for a change) but this is basically your only read that I can agree with. BoomFrog is a much better player than to chainsaw D1 during RVS.
Most likely not 3ds.

No restriction but it is in scum!LGs repertoire to do this despite the attention it would bring.

Unknown player with different background. If I had to guess it rather points to town!3ds. Scum would probably not reveal this as having a private channel where you can influence townies is good for them.
moody is the one who gives readlists after a single day. I typically do it in the middle of D1.
The reason I am playing on this site is that the old forum became unavailable. So sadly I have no links to back up any of my claims regarding BoomFrog and LaserGuy and you won't be able to check my playstyle either.
I think you are rushing to a conclusion before truly knowing what LaserGuy is saying. The latter part is not your fault, the former is. I have LaserGuy as null right now.
BoomFrog BoomFrog : so about that LaserGuy. Woof or Grrr?
Correct.
This was exactly my reason. I was letting you do your gambit without telling others what was going on. We can have meaningful discussion once you post in words.
Oh yeah.

##Unvote
##UtopianPoyzin
Call it OMGUS if you will. I'm hoping he answers my question soon.
I don't have a whole lot to say about the rest of these posts but Sabrar is now sitting at a low null-leaning scum based out of suspicion.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Anyway, if you thought that LaserGuy had to be town as a neighbor why did you find him suspicious with the emoji posting?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm not upset with my vote on maven, he's kinda immune to questioning, becuase he's never here.
I think I'd probably go Sab at this time, as well.

I actually agree with you on both to a degree espically Maven

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Anyway, if you thought that LaserGuy had to be town as a neighbor why did you find him suspicious with the emoji posting?
I saw that it didn't clear after I gave the Neighbor claim, so I immediately became suspicious of him due to Z25 being obvious town and obviously I'm not suspecting myself, so I started to get a bit suspicious of him, especially with UP's whole "There is one scum in the Neighberhood" shtick.

Wait a second... What if UP is scum trying to cast doubt on the people in my Neighberhood to get out of suspicion?
Eh, just a possibility.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Wiisp Wiisp I was callin him potential scum because he hadn't actually done anything besides speak in emojis.
When he stopped and actually gave an analysis, he immediately became a lot less suspicious.

And I've never played with Neighbor, so I assumed you couldn't have any other role with Neighbor. Which of course, apparently isn't the case.
How new are you to mafia again? sorry if you already answered this.

I mainly ask because mafia is a side not a role. So they can be anything even a doctor or cop if the host wants them to be.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually agree with you on both to a degree espically Maven
What do you agree about Sab?

@Ran when should we seek to lynch inactives?

Wait a second... What if UP is scum trying to cast doubt on the people in my Neighberhood to get out of suspicion?
Eh, just a possibility.
It's a possibility, but UP also researches a ton, like it's impressive. my guess is he read this :

If you are one of three Neighbors, chances are reasonable that one of the other Neighbors is scum.
from mafiascum.net

That was my first thought at least, he's linked such things to me before.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
How new are you to mafia again? sorry if you already answered this.

I mainly ask because mafia is a side not a role. So they can be anything even a doctor or cop if the host wants them to be.
Oh lol on the forums I played there was just a few mafia and the Godfather who couldn't be detected by cop.

It was a role, and a side.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Oh lol on the forums I played there was just a few mafia and the Godfather who couldn't be detected by cop.

It was a role, and a side.

Oh so you are only used to the very basic mafia not played games like that in a awhile. I sort of get it then.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean even if you are, the game doesn't end with your Lynch regardless of your alignment

Just breathe, and just continue to try to solve regardless of the outcome

Jackrito

Smash Ace
What do you agree about Sab?

@Ran when should we seek to lynch inactives?

It's a possibility, but UP also researches a ton, like it's impressive. my guess is he read this :

from mafiascum.net

That was my first thought at least, he's linked such things to me before.
I agree that they are a scum read, My reasons being that they are playing very safe atm an example of this is how they handled lazer they were very non commital this shows awarness and potential fear of falling into a trap imo. I just don't get a town mindset off them either,and their views on the neighbourhood feels a little tmi. This read may change once they get more proactive

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Don't like the opening. I've seen in time and time again where a scummer reaches out and appeals to a townie to give themselves a connection and make it harder for that person to scumread them later on.
Inside joke and RVS. I understand that you didn't get the first part but why would you consider my vote serious?

Posting restrictions are not inherently scummy and justifying your vote with one is pretty sus. Even if he was faking the posting restriction, you were quick to jump with "oh they must be scum because of it" in the third sentence. So far it seems that you're trying to appear as town to BoomFrog in particular because they have experience with you and can recognize your scum tactics, so gaining that trust early on must be very beneficial for scum!Sabrar.
This is still based on the assumption that my vote LaserGuy is serious that I'm trying to justify and this assumption is incomprehensible to me.

I'm not sure why Sabrar would ask this question in an attempt to make me second guess my position,
My intention was not to make you second guess but to explain yourself. Your wording implied that you have very strong reasons to make a definite statement which you (in my opinion) had no right to make.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
He seems to question that they is a scum in the neighbourhood maybe I'm overthinking it but bothers me all the same, its so aganist the popular view
hmm ok I'll check out his post when I can

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag: We vote inactives out on Day 2. This way you focus Day 1 on voting out someone suspicious and have much better content to look back at to better sort the player list. When lynching inactives I also try to lynch the one that is most likely scum as well.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
He seems to question that they is a scum in the neighbourhood maybe I'm overthinking it but bothers me all the same, its so aganist the popular view
But isn't distancing like more NAI?

almost like LaserGuy, sticking out so incredibly much doesn't strike me as scum play in general (it's not a silver bullet just a rule of thumb)

Also, what are your views on the neighborhood? Who's most likely to be scum?

3DS, why do you think z25 is obvtown?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord

almost like LaserGuy, sticking out so incredibly much doesn't strike me as scum play in general (it's not a silver bullet just a rule of thumb)

Nothing he's done has been really suspicious, that's it. He's the second least suspicious behind Ran

I do think your town tho.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
EBWOP: convention
Brilliant example

My intention was not to make you second guess but to explain yourself. Your wording implied that you have very strong reasons to make a definite statement which you (in my opinion) had no right to make.
I said that I had high confidence, which is due to former experiences with such. Of course I can't be sure about it, but I think that it is a very reasonable claim to make that there is probably a scummer in the neighborhood. I think that I am perfectly allowed to make such an assumption and I think that you'll agree that the possibility is there. I just think that possibility is high. I'm not trying to figure out who it is right now, as I would rather focus on my personal scumreads rather than limit myself to only those three; I just think that it is a good thing to keep in mind in the future, as this theory might fit into a bigger picture down the road. I shouldn't comment on myself, but I don't think anything I said showed TMI, as I have know idea whether there's 0-3 scum in that group.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar, is that enough for you to elaborate on your stance on UP?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Okay so there’s clearly at least one scum in that pool and my opinion of 3DSNinja’s alignment is dropping really fast really quick.
So this is the exact wording (from #73, bolded part is mine). For me 'clearly' defines a confidence level of 99% or above. It implies that there shouldn't even be a shadow of doubt regarding the issue. That was my problem with it and it feels to me like UP is trying to lessen the confidence level in their later posts (#92, #93 and especially right now in #225 where he explicitly denies TMI without prompting),

3DSNinja

Smash Lord

He's the least suspicious and has clearly been thinking through everything and isn't being really acussatory, which doesn't seem like mafia behavior to me. then again I could be wrong.

Maven89

Smash Master
Woah, apparently a lot of you are new and don’t understand how Maven plays mafia. Thankfully I already gave you a primer to my playstyle

Hello I'm Maven

Well that's all the activity I can muster this game, see you guys in the post-thread where I declare myself MVP

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think that these questions can be properly answered without jumping into oceans of conjecture and assuming/fabricating motivations. But its inevitable that its going to happen anyway if I state my rationale on why 3DS does not look great after this exchange. Warning: assumption zone ahead. I think a lot of it comes down to just looking at what happened: 3DS claimed neighbor without consulting his neighbors. You can interpret good faith if the point was to lower the suspicion pool, but the act of being a neighbor does not clear one's alignment, but DOES provide an association between players. So in the end, I don't see how town!3DS benefits from claiming this early. I'm not sure how the claim is going to fly in the neighborhood tonight, or what they'll discuss now that its out in the open, but the fact of the matter is that nobody's alignment is confirmed within it, so it will just be more discussion among players. Now that it is in the open, I expect full reports about what topics were discussed each night, now that we know the identities of the participants.

Scum!3DS does have something to gain though, and that is the act of performing a townie move early on. Roleclaiming is a naturally townie thing to do, especially if you remain un-CC'ed. That's because townies have no reason to undercut town, but the scum do. A successful fakeclaim by scum is one of the best things a scum could do, and having evidence to support the fakeclaim is even better. If 3DS is a mafia neighbor, but claim to be a town neighbor, then their living evidence is their other neighbors who can vouch for their role. And boom, a scum's claim goes un-CC'ed. Therefore, I believe that 3DS thought that it would be a townie move to claim neighbor this early, which they believed would make them look more innocent, when in reality, a town neighbor had no reason to disclose their neighborhood right out of the gate because it doesn't do anything to determine alignment anybody's alignment, creates a linkage between players that will carry on through the rest of the game, and are supposedly not performing any night actions besides communicating which means that sorting out logistics shouldn't be an issue.

However, in the possibility that this is all WIFOM, I still have been rubbed the wrong way by their recent content and will be voting them because of that.
Weather or not the neighbor chat should be completely talked about here I think depends on if we lynch scum from it. Because if it’s two townies( me and laser if 3ds is scum) then we might be able to have solid discussions that do not need to be posted here for scum to know of.
That could harm town more then help it depending on circumstances.
Wiisp Wiisp I was callin him potential scum because he hadn't actually done anything besides speak in emojis.
When he stopped and actually gave an analysis, he immediately became a lot less suspicious.

And I've never played with Neighbor, so I assumed you couldn't have any other role with Neighbor. Which of course, apparently isn't the case.
Did you not receive a separate role pm besides the neighbor one?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wiisp Wiisp im not sure if you commented before but what to you make of 3ds thinking you were somehow in the neighborhood?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Weather or not the neighbor chat should be completely talked about here I think depends on if we lynch scum from it. Because if it’s two townies( me and laser if 3ds is scum) then we might be able to have solid discussions that do not need to be posted here for scum to know of.
That could harm town more then help it depending on circumstances.

Did you not receive a separate role pm besides the neighbor one?
Can't say Z25 Z25 , as that would be cheating.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Anyways uh
I honestly am unsure besides UP, who I still think is scum
oh and you and Ran are innocent, as is probably laserguy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have you not been caught up on the current tide of the thread?

Or did you miss the part where 3ds said me, laser, him and you were in the neighborhood pm.

When in reality you are not and this mistake is one the thread has kinda of agreed on not making sense unless there was another chat involed( I.E. a mafia chat for example)

Especially when after this was pointed out, 3ds said something like “oh **** they aren’t in that chat?”

a reaction that feels like they realize they made a big mistake

Top Bottom