• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
No, I'm simply stating the facts. Anyone can be scum, no point in pretending that y'all can 100% clear me, because you can't.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Mr Yoshi, saying wolves are more likely to respond poorly to your posts is actually false, nobody wants to read that **** regardless of their alignment

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Mr Yoshi, saying wolves are more likely to respond poorly to your posts is actually false, nobody wants to read that **** regardless of their alignment
Hard agree with I don't have time to decipher emojis when I hate them to begin with.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UP... you do realize I voted for ya Day 1 right?

I honestly kinda don't think there is a scum in the neighborhood, of course, I could be misjudging Z25 or Laser, but they seem pretty trustworthy ngl.
Of course, I could actually be scum. You can't count out anyone as scum.
You're not wrong; you should never count anyone out as scum. But an unspoken rule of thumb is that you don't bring up "I could actually be scum" when people are looking at you with suspicion. I'm no longer worried if you're faking apathy or you genuinely don't care, this slot is looking more and more scummy in my eyes. Sabrar can wait for now because I'm not yet sold on them, even though I do still scumread them. I'll answer their questions in a lil.

##Unvote
##3DSNinja

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dawn Ends...

...but the battle has just begun.

Vote Count 1.4

Utopian (2) - Ninja, Sabrar [L-4]

Ninja (2) - Ran, Utopian

Sabrar (1) - Laser

Maven (1) - pythag

Jackrito (1) - Boom

Not Voting (4)
Maven, Wiisp, Z25, Jack

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4*
Z25 #Unv

P4-P5*
Laser #Sabrar
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja
Sabrar #Unv
Sabrar #UP
Jack #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Ninja

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Jackrito

Smash Ace
##Pythag

I'm not really a fan of how passive they are being asking questions of others but never really giving their own view on anything. When someone only asks questions and that is mainly it I see it as someone trying not to draw attention, but trying to look town.

I would also consider votes on Maven since he is doing even less and I don't have time for low effort players atm, sounds harsh but had too many lately. Also 3Dsninja their recent posts and reaction to things just seem really bad to me. They are other slight scum reads I have such as Boom and Sabrar but dont want to spread my focus too much just yet.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wolves probably don't really play like how Ninja is playing, it's certainly possible, but it's not doing him any justice

Idk if he thinks it's cute or coy

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Wiisp is also pinging me hard, but in more of a mood of wait and see with them since I have the most exp with them.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Lots to say so little time to say it. Quick hits, I heavily agree with a lot of what LaserGuy said. I am feeling very suspicious of 3DS for all the same reasons everyone else is, but I still feel Jackrito is flying under the radar. That said, if 3DS continues the same attitude they are doomed to get lynched sooner or later so we might as well get it out of the way D1.

Town:
Z25 - Genuinly annoyed by Laser, but struggled to make sense of things. Feels like a townie going by instinct.
Ranmaru - Solid content and effort to sort. Seems like a townie POV.
LaserGuy - Slight townie for pulling so much attention. I was originally going to give big townie points, but Sabrar is right, LaserGuy aspires to be a trickster and would try this as scum. But his reads are all coming from a townie POV as far as I can tell.

Sabrar - Being purposely reserved which is understandable. I'll judge when the real content comes out.
UtopianPoyzin - Seems to be experienced and competent and acting reasonably. Won't be able to sort until later in the game. With so many new people to get a handle on I've kinda glossed over them.
pythag - Has completely escaped my notice.

Wisp - Little content and all of it flippant. Not sure if it's the player or the slot.
Maven - Little content and all of it bad. I'd really like to see some reads.
3DS* - Very defensive and quick to give up. Feels like inexperienced scum caught early. If there really is a 3DS-Wisp team I feel sorry for them.
Jackrito - I feel like Jackrito feel into LaserGuys trap.
Scum

##Laserguy

For now this emote only responses are going to get old real fast.

I need to read this game properly though which I will do tomorrow.

I'm not sure if Laser is really scum since doing something that annoying is a fast track way to rub people the wrong way, which scum would try to avoid. I don't see why a town does it either though so best to pressure this slot.
Jackrito knows that LGs behavior feels more weird for scum then town, so that means LG is more likely to be town. I can understand the vote to pressure LG to stop, but Jackrito is aware enough to know that this isn't actually a real problem. But after a day they still settle down into their "easy" vote target without really trying to analyze.

My view on Laser is pretty much the same his posts are unhelpful and is a way to avoid giving info which a town would not do. As Z25 said he has done some words in his posts so the emote restriction is a lie. Add that to a neighbourhood and me agreeing likely one scum in it he seems like the clear choice.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Wolves probably don't really play like how Ninja is playing, it's certainly possible, but it's not doing him any justice

Idk if he thinks it's cute or coy

You and me both know that I'm done basing things off my own assumption of how a wolf or how a town would play. Too many recent burns lately to just give free passes on too wolf to be wolf

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I claimed it now because I didn't know if role claiming was a thing here, and also to make our suspect pool smaller.
because the forums I played on were 50/50 on role-claiming.

That's why I said it then and not earlier.
UP... you do realize I voted for ya Day 1 right?

I honestly kinda don't think there is a scum in the neighborhood, of course, I could be misjudging Z25 or Laser, but they seem pretty trustworthy ngl.
Of course, I could actually be scum. You can't count out anyone as scum.
So, you were trying to make the pool smaller by claiming neighborhood and then thinking no one in your pool is scummy?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright then, whatever.

There's no point in defending myself anymore, as everyone's gonna vote for me regardless, even though it would be stupid for me to out the neighberhood if I was scum.
Eh whatever, that's Mafia.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Alright then, whatever.

There's no point in defending myself anymore, as everyone's gonna vote for me regardless, even though it would be stupid for me to out the neighberhood if I was scum.

Really not sure why you are this defeatist already, they is a lot of the day left.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright then, whatever.

I'm asking a question, I'm not voting for you yet.

Did you think that making a smaller pool was clearing all three of you?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm asking a question, I'm not voting for you yet.

Did you think that making a smaller pool was clearing all three of you?

Since you are here who are you scumreading? Or are you the type who likes to take their time with things and observe a lot.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If there’s scum in the neighborhood who is it?

Does it make sense for Scum Laser to really post emojis if they didn’t have to, knowing that would be a red flag? Or would scum Laser really have this very odd restriction to their posts?

Or for that matter would town Laser fall into either of those two things as well?

How do you feel about 3ds claiming without even consulting joe Neighbors. Is it scummy to not consult first?

Would scum 3ds claim this early without much need?
I don't think that these questions can be properly answered without jumping into oceans of conjecture and assuming/fabricating motivations. But its inevitable that its going to happen anyway if I state my rationale on why 3DS does not look great after this exchange. Warning: assumption zone ahead. I think a lot of it comes down to just looking at what happened: 3DS claimed neighbor without consulting his neighbors. You can interpret good faith if the point was to lower the suspicion pool, but the act of being a neighbor does not clear one's alignment, but DOES provide an association between players. So in the end, I don't see how town!3DS benefits from claiming this early. I'm not sure how the claim is going to fly in the neighborhood tonight, or what they'll discuss now that its out in the open, but the fact of the matter is that nobody's alignment is confirmed within it, so it will just be more discussion among players. Now that it is in the open, I expect full reports about what topics were discussed each night, now that we know the identities of the participants.

Scum!3DS does have something to gain though, and that is the act of performing a townie move early on. Roleclaiming is a naturally townie thing to do, especially if you remain un-CC'ed. That's because townies have no reason to undercut town, but the scum do. A successful fakeclaim by scum is one of the best things a scum could do, and having evidence to support the fakeclaim is even better. If 3DS is a mafia neighbor, but claim to be a town neighbor, then their living evidence is their other neighbors who can vouch for their role. And boom, a scum's claim goes un-CC'ed. Therefore, I believe that 3DS thought that it would be a townie move to claim neighbor this early, which they believed would make them look more innocent, when in reality, a town neighbor had no reason to disclose their neighborhood right out of the gate because it doesn't do anything to determine alignment anybody's alignment, creates a linkage between players that will carry on through the rest of the game, and are supposedly not performing any night actions besides communicating which means that sorting out logistics shouldn't be an issue.

However, in the possibility that this is all WIFOM, I still have been rubbed the wrong way by their recent content and will be voting them because of that.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since you are here who are you scumreading? Or are you the type who likes to take their time with things and observe a lot.
I'm the type who's bad at mafia.

I have more town reads than scum reads at the moment.

Town:
Ranmaru - Ran's attitudes are more what I'm going off of, I don't exactly agree with everything he's saying, but that doesn't worry me
UtopianPoyzin - This one is always hard because he's played so much as scum, but in seeing his last game, I'm not worried about him.
LaserGuy - his gambit seemed pretty obvious, and I think he succeeded in riling people up and getting good content, as well as providing what it all told him.
Z25 - I feel ok with z25, i think more content will shore this read up. This is probably one of my weaker reads.

Unknown :
3DSNinja - I want to believe he's misguided townie and I also want to believe there's one scum between him, laserguy and z25.
Jackrito - nothing
BoomFrog - nothing
Sabrar - I feel like it's a shocking difference in his content this current game. He seems much less invested.
Wiisp - was straight up dedicated to solving the game last time I played with him. He says he's trying something new. I'm just watching.

AFK :
Maven

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't think that these questions can be properly answered without jumping into oceans of conjecture and assuming/fabricating motivations. But its inevitable that its going to happen anyway if I state my rationale on why 3DS does not look great after this exchange. Warning: assumption zone ahead. I think a lot of it comes down to just looking at what happened: 3DS claimed neighbor without consulting his neighbors. You can interpret good faith if the point was to lower the suspicion pool, but the act of being a neighbor does not clear one's alignment, but DOES provide an association between players. So in the end, I don't see how town!3DS benefits from claiming this early. I'm not sure how the claim is going to fly in the neighborhood tonight, or what they'll discuss now that its out in the open, but the fact of the matter is that nobody's alignment is confirmed within it, so it will just be more discussion among players. Now that it is in the open, I expect full reports about what topics were discussed each night, now that we know the identities of the participants.

Scum!3DS does have something to gain though, and that is the act of performing a townie move early on. Roleclaiming is a naturally townie thing to do, especially if you remain un-CC'ed. That's because townies have no reason to undercut town, but the scum do. A successful fakeclaim by scum is one of the best things a scum could do, and having evidence to support the fakeclaim is even better. If 3DS is a mafia neighbor, but claim to be a town neighbor, then their living evidence is their other neighbors who can vouch for their role. And boom, a scum's claim goes un-CC'ed. Therefore, I believe that 3DS thought that it would be a townie move to claim neighbor this early, which they believed would make them look more innocent, when in reality, a town neighbor had no reason to disclose their neighborhood right out of the gate because it doesn't do anything to determine alignment anybody's alignment, creates a linkage between players that will carry on through the rest of the game, and are supposedly not performing any night actions besides communicating which means that sorting out logistics shouldn't be an issue.

However, in the possibility that this is all WIFOM, I still have been rubbed the wrong way by their recent content and will be voting them because of that.
Dang. I feel like the bad guy. T Town Am I acting like the bad guy here? Let me just say that I'm still willing to change my vote with a reasonable argument from 3DS; I'm just connecting the dots to match the narrative being painted by 3DS's pessimistic outlook about the game.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja you're not dead yet. And there isn't even a huge push on you yet either. You don't need to say that "it's all over" because it's far from that right now. I said that you had a good opening; it's been 24 hours anyway, which leaves you with 6 more days to play.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I don't know much about y'all, but Laser seems to be trolling, at least to me.
I didn't consider a scum in a neighberhood.

Here's what I think

UP: I still think scum
Laser: Possible scum
Z25: Town
Ran: Town
Wiisp: Possible town
Pythag: Possible town.
Sabrar: Possible scum

Haven't seen enough of everyone else to get some reads on them.

But eh, I don't really care if y'all think I'm suspicious.

I'm going back to this because it intrests me now. You say Laser is possible scum what is this based on the assumption one of you must be scum, because that is not certain and should not really be a scum read then and does not seem to be since you keep calling them town.

Also please explain this UP read and it better be more then just a hunch and a RVS change

You say later Sabrar is acting weird how exactly?

On Wiisp as well what the hell do you misread to think they are in the neighbour chat unless you have more then one chat?

My final point is why do you keep saying you don't care that people vote you when you clearly do based off your last post Like Wiisp said I don't know if you are being cute here or what but being Tsundere wont get you far here. I'm trying to give you the benefit here you clearly made some mistakes so please try to explain them. Maybe we do lynch you anyway, but atm you have no one to blame but yourself. If you are scum great for us but I personally don't feel great about seeing a person feel so defeatist so early. So work with me a bit here.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
3DS: instead of all of this guessing, can you just explain your thoughts? What made you want to claim neighbor? What did you think it was helping?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
You and me both know that I'm done basing things off my own assumption of how a wolf or how a town would play. Too many recent burns lately to just give free passes on too wolf to be wolf
Ya fair, but I still need to try to do this or I will end up wolf reading everyone that chooses to play it a way that's not explicitly townie

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm the type who's bad at mafia.

I have more town reads than scum reads at the moment.

Town:
Ranmaru - Ran's attitudes are more what I'm going off of, I don't exactly agree with everything he's saying, but that doesn't worry me
UtopianPoyzin - This one is always hard because he's played so much as scum, but in seeing his last game, I'm not worried about him.
LaserGuy - his gambit seemed pretty obvious, and I think he succeeded in riling people up and getting good content, as well as providing what it all told him.
Z25 - I feel ok with z25, i think more content will shore this read up. This is probably one of my weaker reads.

Unknown :
3DSNinja - I want to believe he's misguided townie and I also want to believe there's one scum between him, laserguy and z25.
Jackrito - nothing
BoomFrog - nothing
Sabrar - I feel like it's a shocking difference in his content this current game. He seems much less invested.
Wiisp - was straight up dedicated to solving the game last time I played with him. He says he's trying something new. I'm just watching.

AFK :
Maven

Ok fine I can get behind that I know a lot of mafia players who struggle to find scum, and perfet to make a POE after making a towncore. Just to throw a name out though out of your unknown who is most likely do you feel to flip. I don't need a hard reason just out of interest.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I mean in the chief delphi game, the role PM's said neighbor, but like the op for the chat made it sound like everyone was the same alignment, and the mod refused to answer or not if it was a mason chat when asked

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ya fair, but I still need to try to do this or I will end up wolf reading everyone that chooses to play it a way that's not explicitly townie
True I guess, seems like I really will be you this game then lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP, can you actually answer Sabrars questions to you. I want that interaction to resolve.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
"trying to solve" ya that was a thing for a while till I lost my wim, I don't actually have to go super out of my way here because I didn't replace into a terrible slot

I would rather play the guy who just makes sure the Lynch looks decent rather then push wolves, not that I even have any yet

It's still early, and I am a little loaded right now

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
"trying to solve" ya that was a thing for a while till I lost my wim, I don't actually have to go super out of my way here because I didn't replace into a terrible slot

I would rather play the guy who just makes sure the Lynch looks decent rather then push wolves, not that I even have any yet

It's still early, and I am a little loaded right now
That's actually a really fair point, and hadn't considered the pressure of replacing in

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Wiisp Wiisp I was callin him potential scum because he hadn't actually done anything besides speak in emojis.
When he stopped and actually gave an analysis, he immediately became a lot less suspicious.

And I've never played with Neighbor, so I assumed you couldn't have any other role with Neighbor. Which of course, apparently isn't the case.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
##Unvote
Jackrito's been far more proactive and that really messes up my earlier theory. Also, I like that Pythag is trying to throw 3DS a line and let him help himself if he is town.

##Maven

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok fine I can get behind that I know a lot of mafia players who struggle to find scum, and perfet to make a POE after making a towncore. Just to throw a name out though out of your unknown who is most likely do you feel to flip. I don't need a hard reason just out of interest.
I'm not upset with my vote on maven, he's kinda immune to questioning, becuase he's never here.
I think I'd probably go Sab at this time, as well.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Alright then, whatever.

To be fair, I think it's nai, it was stupid to out it as either alignment

People will definitely not re-evalute you if you make posts like this

When I get a chance I will try to help you out if you are actually town, we will see

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Wiisp Wiisp I was callin him potential scum because he hadn't actually done anything besides speak in emojis.
When he stopped and actually gave an analysis, he immediately became a lot less suspicious.

And I've never played with Neighbor, so I assumed you couldn't have any other role with Neighbor. Which of course, apparently isn't the case.
Uhh... why did an extra line show up in this quote that wasn't in the post...?

Top Bottom