• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

o.O 42% up smash?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
so the other day i was playing my friend when the strangest thing happened. i had just gimped him as charizard and when he came back as squirtle he decided he was going to change. i was on the far left side of smashville and he was just right of the center of the stage when he began to change. I DACUS'd and charged while he wasn't there and immediately when ivysaur came out, i hit him 3 times and did 42 damage >.> the match was like 3:34 or something so i don't have a video but what do you guys think o.o

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Five? Closer to three, I suspect. The upper hit of the usmash deals 17%, while the side hit deals 13%. Normally, a double hit like this adds up to 30%. However, in the rare case of all three hits connecting, you'll deal up to 43% in a single usmash.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
what do you mean it hit him 5 times? as in the attack had 5 hits to it?

Yes, with both of the 2 hits from a uncharged upsmash, it does 30% dmg. Pretty amazing huh? :) But usually if they're high percent/not on the ground or close to it, only the first hit will hit them with does i think 17% dmg uncharged. Still quite a lot :) The 2nd hit usually only hits if they're on the ground or if they're pretty low %, or else the first hit will hit them away before the 2nd one will.

Edit: whoa, ankoku... wait 43%? I thought there's only 2 hits... im new with Shiek so tell me if im wrong. I'm guessing they'd have to be like very big/fast fall/lower percent to be hit with all 3... dang thats a lot of dmg :D

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
ok that sounds reasonable. it was my friend who said five times to me, i only saw the damage, and i've hit with three before anywat, but never that strong. this is pretty epic >.>

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Usually this happens with larger characters. You can do it to the sandbag quite easily, though you can't see the percentage.

As Ankoku said, U-smash as three seperate hits. Tipper, and a slap on each side. My guess is he tries to move left or right but that knocked him back into the other slap.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The move has 3 distinct hitboxes but it can only hit up to 2 times, tipper then side. Does 30 uncharged and like 41 charged.

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
Oh, it is possible to deal a very lot of damage with it. I played my friend - ha took Zelda - and used an undecayed, uncharged USmash, and he got 40% damage. I recorded it, of course. But when I looked at it again, i saw that he had the very wrong DI^^

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely possible to hit with all three hitboxes, just like you can with the D-Smash. Rare but possible. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom