• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh ****. Good times. Shoutouts:

Drew/Chang- You guys are too good, pwned Shade and I and even beat Caveman/Smiles, crazy excellent.

Guys that Shade and I seven-stocked in teams (Link24's friends)- Don't worry, it's natural for newcomers to get owned by vets like that. You'll eventually rise up to the rest of us if you keep working at it, though.

Shanx/Dart (yes, I know that you're BlueJay now, but to me you'll always be Dart :p) - LOL, good job on getting Shade and I down to one life with Pikachu/Pichu. Too good, too good :laugh:

KrazyKirbyKid/Marcus- Good games in teams, second game was rediculously close, but it was still good getting to play you guys. Fun talking about Final Fantasy, I never got to play DS with you all though :(

JesusFreak- Good games man, nice finally getting to meet you, maybe next time I'll be able to stand up to your Jigglypuff, lol. Pretty nice DK, had to stay on my toes when I fought it.

Po Pimpus - Nice matches man, keep on pimpin :cool:

ForkGirl - Very nice games, I had to play my *** off to beat you :eek:

KOS-MOS - You're too good man, somehow you manage to propel yourself way beyond me and kicked my ***, and good stuff against Bluezaft, JF, Pablo, and Smiles. For all practical purposes, your Marth is better than mine... but I AM still the Marth Master of Oklahoma :laugh: Good job getting third man, that was some really good ****.

AustinRC - Nice meeting you, too bad we didn't get to play any games though :( I'll have to be sure to play you next time.

Vegafuse- Haha, you're crazy man, too good. I still don't know why you jumped off the ledge four times against Chris, but you played some really hot ****. Glad to see that the Vegafusion was able to make it :laugh:

FastLikeTree- You're too good man, kicked the holy living **** out of us :eek:

Xelic- Haha, too funny, too good.

Smiles- Too good, you shut us down. I'll have to play more than one game against you next time, when I'm better. Good job placing second.

Caveman (if he even reads the boards, lol)- Too good, and thanks for all the advice, that was really cool :) And also thanks for the $1 MM at the end, even though we didn't get to finish, lol. Good job winning the tourney.

South_Paw - Really nice set against Smiles, good ****, cool having you around in the state.

Shade - Thanks for actually teaming with me this time, lol :p

Wichita, Kansas - Haha, you guys are pretty cool, you all added more personality to the tournament, lol. A lot of you also got a lot better since the last time I played you, so good ****.

Pneuma - Pretty nice Luigi mangz.

That guy who randomly showed up and played Peach (sorry, I never caught your name) - You were pretty good for not having been in the Smash scene, hope to see you become a regular.

Scud- Thanks a ton for housing me, that really helped out a lot :)

Dallas - Nice seeing you guys again, though I didn't get to play any of you very much, though I guess there's always next time. Good times talking about Final Fantasy though, haha.

King Gt - Thanks a lot for filming stuff man, that really helped out with footage-getting :bigthumbu

Hazygoose - Awesome job for hosting the tournament man, mad major props. It's gonna suck when you leave :(

Everyone else- Good **** peoplez. Lol.

Man I am worn out as hell :dizzy: I've got like seven camera tapes worth of footage on me, and as far as VCR tapes go, I do believe that those were all still in the VCRs, so everyone who brought a VCR check them for the tapes and then post the vids online :p

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'll give shoutouts later...only...there will be like 7 or 8...not 20 :p

quick results for singles:

1st) Caveman
2nd) Smiles
3rd) KOS-MOS
4th) Vegafuse (wtf@ putting it all on the line, man? you're so risky...it's so badass, though :))

i'll put down the complete results for low-tier, doubles, and singles tomorrow night, when i'm in a hotel room in tennessee or something

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I heard this was a great tournament, i'm sad I missed it :(

Also I'm sad that all my friends left before singles and therefore did not participate in singles (Xelic, drew, FLT, changsta, DoH, kirbykid, and co)

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Jeez, so when austin/dallas left, they didn't tell the person they were following that they were leaving...just turned around and left, leaving the person who was supposed to house them looking for/worried about them?!?? that sounds kind of mean...not even a phone call?? Perhaps i misunderstood...i hope so :/

shoutouts...

hazygoose: great tourney!! Lot's of fun!!! :) and thank you so much for housing us...you are SUPER NICE!!!! come to a texas tournament so I can play Alex Kid!!!! How bout you guys come to HOST 2??

Scud: I still feel really bad...but I'm glad it "bettered you as a person" and that you'll practice more NOT on FD :p all our friendlies were lots of fun!

bluezaft: <333333333 grrr, that match against the cursing peach was SOOOOO close!!!! grrrrr....no more resting when you're way off the edge...and your opponent is on the stage....:p teams was horrible, but oh well <333333333333

rasta: ahhhh!!!! our matches were SOOOOOO close!!! so FREAKING close!!!! sigh, I had a two stock lead....and choked...great job! our matches were probably my favorite! :p ...still it's so frustrating when it's SOOOO close!!!!!! lots of fun

zinth: sigh, i was winning that first match, and your last stock just ate through my last two...:) good matches!!! fun fun

caveman: YAY 1st place!!! not much to say...you're like 3 feet away from me...*wave*...

smiles: YAY 2nd...man, you ALMOST beat cave...sigh...good times were had. piano was fun. thanks for teaching me peach!!! :D

JF: we had a lot of kicks playing zelda dittos...

ARC: I never seem to see you much at tournaments, although i swear you're there :)

Xelic: You literally ROFLing was hilarious!!! <3

Wes: boo to you guys leaving! lamelamelamelamelame!!! :( But for the time you WERE there, it was fun. didn't get to play you much, so we'll have to play over the break! :)

DoH: <3 sucks that you couldnt play teams :( you really SHOULD have entered with a lv 9 peach....you probably would have beaten some teams...seriously...but yea...lots of fun hanging out at the reg. desk.

everyone else: um...hacky sack was fun, smash was fun, everyone was really nice...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Jeez, so when austin/dallas left, they didn't tell the person they were following that they were leaving...just turned around and left, leaving the person who was supposed to house them looking for/worried about them?!?? that sounds kind of mean...not even a phone call?? Perhaps i misunderstood...i hope so :/

shoutouts...

hazygoose: great tourney!! Lot's of fun!!! :) and thank you so much for housing us...you are SUPER NICE!!!! come to a texas tournament so I can play Alex Kid!!!! How bout you guys come to HOST 2??

Scud: I still feel really bad...but I'm glad it "bettered you as a person" and that you'll practice more NOT on FD :p all our friendlies were lots of fun!

bluezaft: <333333333 grrr, that match against the cursing peach was SOOOOO close!!!! grrrrr....no more resting when you're way off the edge...and your opponent is on the stage....:p teams was horrible, but oh well <333333333333

rasta: ahhhh!!!! our matches were SOOOOOO close!!! so FREAKING close!!!! sigh, I had a two stock lead....and choked...great job! our matches were probably my favorite! :p ...still it's so frustrating when it's SOOOO close!!!!!! lots of fun

zinth: sigh, i was winning that first match, and your last stock just ate through my last two...:) good matches!!! fun fun

caveman: YAY 1st place!!! not much to say...you're like 3 feet away from me...*wave*...

smiles: YAY 2nd...man, you ALMOST beat cave...sigh...good times were had. piano was fun. thanks for teaching me peach!!! :D

JF: we had a lot of kicks playing zelda dittos...

ARC: I never seem to see you much at tournaments, although i swear you're there :)

Xelic: You literally ROFLing was hilarious!!! <3

Wes: boo to you guys leaving! lamelamelamelamelame!!! :( But for the time you WERE there, it was fun. didn't get to play you much, so we'll have to play over the break! :)

DoH: <3 sucks that you couldnt play teams :( you really SHOULD have entered with a lv 9 peach....you probably would have beaten some teams...seriously...but yea...lots of fun hanging out at the reg. desk.

everyone else: um...hacky sack was fun, smash was fun, everyone was really nice...
HOST2 is pretty far, and during my bizzirthday, so i don't think i'll make it, but a tourny in texas closer than houston would be a dream come true.
and, i'm glad scud got a shoutout. he's hysterical.

"cursing peach"=KOS-MOS hahahahahahaha...i'm glad he has a horrible reputation because in 2 months he learned to cuss like a sailor thanks to bryan.

word of advice, chris...stop being a potty mouth. then everyone will say, "oh, that nice tall black gentleman beat me in a close match," not "that butthole wouldn't stop saying '****' ever 5 seconds!" :p

link24

Smash Cadet
i may have nt done that geat in the tourny but i had the best pause (link pullin out bow/arrow while in the air) it was beautiful:)

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
LOL saying **** every 5 seconds helped me relax :laugh:. I was way to tense(hell I really don't mind fighting puff, its actually a great challenge). To all OOsers.. I don't usually cuss(that much :laugh:). Besides its great commmentary :).

If I did offend any OOser with my "potty mouth", then I sincerely apologize.:)

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
i may have nt done that geat in the tourny but i had the best pause (link pullin out bow/arrow while in the air) it was beautiful:)
Yeah man I got that on tape.
How about that Sheik ditto with wut??
400% wtf he would not die!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Cancel the series? Not on my watch! Especially since I'm the one who came up with the name! So yeah, OHSNAP will live on!

LOL, the cursing Peach, too good :laugh: It's true, it was inspired from me *sniff* Lol. But yeah, it's all in the name of fun when we curse here in OK :)

Anyway, I've got 4/7 tapes imported to my computer so far. ALSO, whoever brough the VCRs had better check them, cause I think that the VCR tapes are still in them! :o

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
My 1000th Post Was An Important One!

results:

doubles-

1st) Team Broken Tier (FLT and Xelic)
2nd) Chang the Dragon (Chang-Sta and Dr. Drew)
3rd) Crystal City (Smiles and Caveman)
4th) Team Wii (KirbyKid and Marcus)
5th) Azen and Chu Dat (Vegafuse and RastaImopsta)
5th) Austin, *****! (AustinRC and JF)
7th) Zinth and Shade
7th) Peach+Fox=Really Gay (South Paw and KOS-MOS)
9th) AEGIS (Hazygoose and Scud)
9th) Wild Boris/Samused Away
9th) Bluefork (Bluezaft and Forkgirl)
9th) Po $ (Po Pimpus and Pay$)
13) Deathgroup8 (Jimmy and Chester Bob)
13) T-Rex Explosion (nopants and Light)
13) B.I.O. (Auddy and Atra Atrox)
13) IDC (AttackStorM and Orange)
17) Big NDNs (Eli and Chubbs)
17) Shanx and Dart
17) Tenacious D (Gt and Jaybbles)
25) Link24 and Caleb

Low tier-

1 Caveman
2 FastLikeTree
3 Xelic
3 Smiles
5 Jesusfreak
5 Hazygoose
5 Chang-Sta
5 DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
9 KOS-MOS
9 Fork Girl
9 Shade
9 Keroku the Thunderwolf
9 Vegafuse
9 KirbyKid
9 Zinth
9 Pneuma
17 Shanx
17 Tire
17 Chester Bob
17 Po Pimpus
17 Sabu
17 Link24
17 AttackstorM
17 Ferro de Lupe
17 Dart
17 Pay$
17 South_Paw
17 Wild Boris
17 Marc
17 Orange
17 ihavenopants
17 Chubbs
33 Wut?/Jaybbles
33 Jimmy
33 Gt
33 Light
33 RastaImposta
33 Bluezaft

singles-

1 Caveman
2 Smiles
3 KOS-MOS
4 Vegafuse
5 Jesusfreak
5 AustinRC
7 Bluezaft
7 Pneuma
9 Zinth
9 South_Paw
9 RastaImposta
9 Hazygoose
13 Fork Girl
13 Fresh
13 AttackstorM
13 Wild Boris
17 Po Pimpus
17 Scud
17 Shanx
17 Light
17 Pay$
17 Orange
17 Forest
17 ihavenopants
25 Keroku the Thunderwolf
25 Tire
25 Wut?/Jaybbles
25 Gt

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Next time register people for all the events the first day and begin both teams and singles the first day, so that Austin and Dallas can't punk out and the not-so-great people can't just give up and not come the second day.

Other than that, great tournament! It was a whole lot of fun, definitely worth the 7-hour drive.

Hazygoose: thanks so much for the tournament and the housing. You're a really nice guy, hope to see you at the next major Texas tournament (forkgirl wants her Alex Kid).

KOS-MOS: man, that first match was just nuts. Good Peach.

Pneuma, JF, ARC: thanks for being the loyal part of Austin.

Forkgirl: DOWN-SMASH, DANGIT!

Cave and Smiles: Crystal City freaks me out. How are you guys so good? Must be something in the water.

Vegafuse: I saw several of your matches, very excellent Sheik...but I just don't understand you.

Zinth: you just HAD to eliminate forkgirl, didn't you? ='(. Thanks for recording all those matches of Caveman 4-stocking me. I will cherish them always.

Austin and Dallas: where'd you go? I missed you so. Seems like it's been forever since you've been gone.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Haha, sorry that I had to eliminate Forkgirl, Bluezaft, but I've got a state to defend, ya know? I guess that I'm just lucky that I got trounced by KOS-MOS, otherwise you probably would've destroyed me out of revenge in the next match, lol. Cute couple btw :)

I'm definitely going to try to make HOST2.

Lol Keroku, I think you're lucky that you got to face Caveman so soon in your career, I've been playing for over a year and a half and I never got to play any pros until just this week, lol.

The flow of videos will probably start tomorrow.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Driving was so amazingly long. Now that my thousand miles are behind me, the shoutouts:

Austin, JF: Stop being nubs gd I'll 4-stock you with my Falco/Fox/Sheik/Marth/Peach.

Rasta, you're amazing. I think that's the first time housing was so awesome. Pizza and drinks and legitimate places to sleep. Sorry I had to take your Puff out by switching to my main (who I didn't touch in friendlies before then). =P

KOS-MOS, Vegafuse, and Southpaw: Great job in tourny and proving that Oklahoma can smash. Keep up the good **** and being cool about it. No johns.

bluezaft, forkgirl, Caveman, and Smiles: Thanks for letting us stay at your place in Dallas. I really enjoyed playing you all and watching you four stock the hell out of me. It was fun, late night hijinks.

DoH: <johns> Jungle japes is stupid as hell. </johns>

Po pimpus: Luigi for pimp tier.

Zinth: You're a lot better than I thought you would be. Keep it up.

Shade: Oh my god, stop the laser spam. It's worse than beating a puppy to death with a bag of oranges. I couldn't beat you though.

Jeff: Keep up the practice and don't be afraid to go to tournaments even if you're going to lose. It's the experience and the fun that's worth more.

FASTLIKETREE: More like Leaves Like Tree.

Xelic

Smash Ace
Hi everyone! Sorry we had to leave, but we're just lame like that and had places to be. <3

Anyway, shoutouts for while I was there!:

Drew and Chang: Oh my god, I love you two. <3

Richard and Marcus: Oh my god, I love you two. <3 <3

Fork: We never get to play much. =(

Landon: **** this tourney sucked for you. =( We need to throw a DoH support tourney or something.

Cave: Plz let me have one match in low tier next time, k? K.

Smiles: MORE PEACH DITTOS.

Zinth: LOLZ @ all your video taping. Kekeke...

Rasta: I'm so sorry we were little *****es. I didn't mean to stop following you like that. I saw the Dallas car not turn with you, and I just kind of...stopped in the middle of the road. We didn't know what to do. Anyway, I'm really sorry. But thank you for being able to house us! <3

KOS-MOS: Keep working on Peach. You need to come practice in Texas. <3

Hazygoose: You're neat. <3

Zinth: Also neat. <3

All other people: <3

Austin and Matt: EIGHT STOCK *****ES!!! <3

K K, see you all at the next tourney.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Alright, some shout-outs:

Hazygoose: If I didn't have to spread reputation I would have +rep'd you like 20 times already. Great tourney, I had fun, I'm sure everyone else had fun, and maybe even the Union faculty had fun, w/e. I appreciate your contributions, you pioneered OK smash a good deal, too bad you'll be moving out.

Southpaw: Thx for all the Falco practice and advice, you are the coolest AZ person ever, even though AZ sucks and there's only desert, sand, rocks, and......uh.....oxygen over there (jk, haha). But yeah man, it was fun having you here, and keep owning where-ever the Dodge Ram takes you next.

KOS-MOS: Well, atleast we got to finally play smashers like Caveman and Smiles. We have a long ways to go, I might have to drop all my current characters and main 3 new ones, so look out for those. We have to kick it up a notch if we want to start placing well in the MLG '07 circuit.

OHKO crew:
Brandon, Marc, Heath, and Derrick, let's get a small get-together going this winter break. Marc, I guess you weren't feeling it that day, I saw you slip plenty of times man, what's up with that? Brandon, the match with you and Bryan showed that you've improved, keep it up. Hope to see those Monthlies happening soon, we are long overdue for it.

RastaImposta: Good work in Teams, "Chu Dat". Your match with Forkgirl was hilarious, I was hoping she would win, just to see your expression, lol. Anyways, you've improved a lot, just need to fight more non-fastfaller high-tiers more. Keep up the smashfests, I don't ever practice at home, and those are the only reason I've gotten this far.

Kuni and Saijee: Kuni, it's sad to see you couldn't make it for singles, I'm sure you would have placed very high. I hear your Zelda surprised a lot of OOSers though, haha. Saijee, it was fun fighting your Pikachu with Pichu. Good games

Zinth: I'm glad you recorded plenty of footage, I can't wait to see it online. Your combos are good, just need to work on approaches. I haven't seen your Sheik, but your Fox is a lot better than I expected. It was cool seeing you and Kuni teaming like the old days, not bad. Vegafusion? Indeed.

Scud: Haha, it's crazy that you're still pretty good for not playing smash as much anymore. I really wanted to see you and Coty play in a Falco ditto, that would have been awesome, heh.

Shanx and Jeff: You guys are crazy funny as usual. You two have some really weird playing styles, just like pay$.

pay$: no luv, biotch.

The newer peeps (Ferro, Sasori, Paul's Valley, Keroku, Link24 and Crew, King_GT, wut?, tire, etc), keep it up guys, you should try to attend our usual smashfests more often. Hope you had fun.

Wichita (AttkStorm, Orange, Nopants, Light): It was good seeing you guys again, every time we play, the matches get closer and closer, keep it up.

JF, AustinRC, Pnuema: It was cool finally meeting you guys, you definitely put up a good fight. We should have done crew battles while you guys were here though.

Bluezaft, Forkgirl, Wildboris: Good games, I only played you guys with my Falco, but I'll be sure to show you Sheik next time.

Caveman & Smiles: I learned a lot from playing you two, thanks for taking our money, haha.

Rest of Texas: Not much to say, except too bad you had to leave.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Andy. It really sucked you didn't make it, but maybe next time.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
It was disappointing to say the least Xelic, when you guys just stoppped, turned, and left. Coulda atleast posted something on the boards to let us know you went back home. It was still a fun tourny none the less, I really wanted to see the finals, Caveman v FLT.

link24

Smash Cadet
yea i got 17th!!!...lol well its better than 33 i guess...i learned alot. and yea dude i had to rack up all that damage!!! its no fun when u just kill them at H.Temple. u have to demolish them!!! but seriously though u need to get that video on here man

wut?

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully Zinth won't be a ***** and not upload everything...
That fight was too awesome not to be on the internet.

This is Gt.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hopefully Zinth won't be a ***** and not upload everything...
That fight was too awesome not to be on the internet.

This is Gt.
Lol, actually I wanted to kill myself when I had to sit through watching that when I was importing the videos :p However, since there is demand, I will still get that/those fights up... dunno when though, seeing as how Wii has consumed my life :p

And yes, we are going to have another OHSNAP, and it'll most likely be during the summer.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
rrrr...im dieing over here!! lol when u gonna get all the vidsup? o and so are we havin another ohsnap?
Were you the guy with the green cast? Anyways, we have smashfests in OKC or Norman every 2-3 weeks. If you really want to up your game before the next OHSNAP, I'd recommend attending these, since you get a lot of practice from various players.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he's the dude with the cast.
Wow, I didn't know he lived in OK...
We're having a smashfest New Year's Eve at Hazygoose's house, he lives in Norman, 2 pm- 9 pm

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
k, so, there are some lost gamer tags on my memory card. if they are yours or you know who it is, claim them, please. i don't speak japanese so i'll have to explain the kanji ones:

1) BUNY
2) JOSH (i don't think it's attackstorm since ATTK is in there)
3) two kanji, the first one looks like roman numeral for 1, capital I. the second one is like a straight like and an L close together.
4) 4 kanji, they are all too wild to describe. the last one is in hiragana, row 3, column 8 when you go to the new name entrance screen thing.

if you can tell me those kanji, Shade or whoever else, if you know them, that would help, too.

link24

Smash Cadet
k, so, there are some lost gamer tags on my memory card. if they are yours or you know who it is, claim them, please. i don't speak japanese so i'll have to explain the kanji ones:

1) BUNY
2) JOSH (i don't think it's attackstorm since ATTK is in there)
3) two kanji, the first one looks like roman numeral for 1, capital I. the second one is like a straight like and an L close together.
4) 4 kanji, they are all too wild to describe. the last one is in hiragana, row 3, column 8 when you go to the new name entrance screen thing.

if you can tell me those kanji, Shade or whoever else, if you know them, that would help, too.
JOSH would probably b me dude

Top Bottom