• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.A.K. SNF4 Results

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
yeah i was pretty upset but i guess its a lesson that i should take better care of my stuff or not wear pants with holes in them but either way it still sucked. i was at an all time low last night but then i remembered i beat skler and link dittos and i cheered up a little LOL <3

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
ouch.. that sucks... good luck finding everything :s

shoutouts to everyone my short attention span has remembered since the start of this thread/post:

..... that didn't last very long... ****...
well, good times nonetheless, especially to everyone at wendy's, and the stupid store never getting my order right.

and wtf @ skler's link being immune to yoshi's grab?
im also fairly sure that at some point in this thread i wanted to yell at falco1234 for something, but now i probably shouldn't

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
man i have the worst luck everr upon traveling home yesterday i discovered that my laptop screen got cracked ( i don't know how it was in its case the whole weekends and was fine friday) and i have one of those nice mac widescreen glossy ones with the webcam built in so it'll be like $700 to replace. then if things couldn't get worse somehow the hole on my back left pocket ripped rly rly big and i didn't notice and during my train ride i had to switch trains so by habbit i stuck my my wallet in there and it must of slipped right out onto the floor or something
i had almost $500 in there and my debit card and ID and stuff :( yeah they kicked me off the train too because my ticket was in my wallet and i was outside for almost 2 hours and it began to snow LOL it almost made me laugh how many bad things happened in a row but besides that it was still a fun weekend
this makes you awesome. perspective.

Are you taking to mac to a mac store to fix it? And I really hope you find your wallet! That completely sucks. Good luck :(

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm debating whether or not to get better with Ness or to just screw it and stay Samus. Ness is really fun to play as, but I'm not sure if it's worth the work. What do you guys think?

Both kind of get ***** by space animals and Marth, which is what everyone plays...So who should be my other main besides those two? (that doesn't get **** on by them).

operation

Smash Cadet
if theres any videos of link being playd decently (not good lol) its prob me , Eden.
but if the link is good then its prob Skler or someone else

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm only going to do a few shout outs..

Dave - Sorry I'm not a better partner, but thanks for teaming with me anyway. If we do team again we'll do better still. Thanks for having us, good to see you, and good job in the tournament, I didn't let you win. P.S. Did you really not find that back air edge guard in teams on ys at your place wasn't funny?

Kevin - You got me this time, even though we didn't play a whole match XD. Glad you showed up, we'll have to play more next time, I was kind of in a ****ty mood/feeling sick and ****.

Steve - Thanks for driving, and for being awesome in general.

Chris - Don't let all this **** worry you too much, thanks for hanging out with us.

Cort - *poop*

Elen - Yellow. Also, thanks for shine spiking me 0-lose. I'll play better next time we meet.

Kyle - Good job in the tournament, sorry we didn't play, hopefully we'll meet again at another event in the future.

Yoyo - Bowser, nice playing, and good to see you again.

Emmy - I was scared when you switched to sheik , lol, I thought I was in for a surprise come back XD.

Hayato - let's step it up, we're better than 9th place.

Maine - **** you for not coming.

Mike$/ZK/Trade - Glad to see you guys going to tournaments, you're all getting better quick.

pine/skler - GGs and nice seeing you guys.

Everyone I forgot, sorry, GGs if we played, otherwise see you next time around.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
So, I'm debating whether or not to get better with Ness or to just screw it and stay Samus. Ness is really fun to play as, but I'm not sure if it's worth the work. What do you guys think?

Both kind of get ***** by space animals and Marth, which is what everyone plays...So who should be my other main besides those two? (that doesn't get **** on by them).
play whoever the fux u want and dont john about matchups :)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Man Chris that really sucks... You are one of the last people who deserves to have that kind of stuff happen (although I don't think anyone deserves it). I really hope you can get your wallet back. Maybe a really nice person will find it and turn it in. Even if that dosen't happen, your luck is bound to turn around, because it tends to balance out overtime. Like Cog said, it really shows character that you can still say you had a good time after such bs occurs. Smashers really are the best, seriously.

On a more positive note, thanks to everybody who gave me a shoutout heh I just realized that I didn't refer to Cogsmooth or Straw hat by name but it was fun playing you guys. Cog you seem like a nice guy and you've got a good Peach. I had a bit of an advantage cause the only times I've played recently was against a Peach player. Straw hat I didn't realize you were from RI although I guess I should have realized as much when you said you knew Dave. You should stop by Kingston once in a while if you live nearby your a very cool guy and I'd be happy to have some more matches. Same goes for anyone else in RI or anyplace else lol but you'd have to bring a copy of smash with you.

Falco1234 isn't a bad guy, I'm sure he just misunderstood Mattdotzeb and assumed that his laughter meant that he was okay with the distraction. I'm not saying what he did was okay, but I do think that if he had realized Matt had a problem with it, he would have stopped.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the matches too. In order to help with some of the "mystery matches", I used the tag Phil in all of my games during tournament play.

Banks

Smash Hero
Chris whatever happens don't stop wearing pants with holes. it wouldnt be right.

also i hope to see all of you i missed by not going to this at mass madness or esticle =)

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
You don't try and intentionally make a smasher mess up by putting your hands on them or getting in their face. It's no big deal but don't come at me saying NO ONE wants my two cents, when you obviously have no respect for a tourney match. Stop johning and saying oh well he's just have lost his second match. It's ****ed up and you shouldn't have to mess with a person physically to win a match.

Edit: And if i had known this before i moved you on, i would have just ended up DQing you, if you need to distract someone to win, you're less skilled and shouldn't win.
meh at this whole thing, im sorry matt for distracting you you should of told me to stop, the person who said im not gonna be welcomed at any tourneys you dont really know me, im not as much of a obnoxius ******* as you think. i get obnoxious at the end of tourneys during friendlys/crew battles 1 on 1 matches im fine. i was being obnoxious to mattdotzeb becuase.... well hes mattdotzeb and thats what i do. if you dont like my antics then if you ever host a tourney single me out if it bothers you that much, i could really care less. im sure i can deal with not going to someone tourney i dont even know.

also, im glad that everyone buy mattdotzeb is making a big deal about this hes acting like he dosent even care while other people i dont know rip on me. this should of been between me and matt not me and the whole smash boards

Cort

Apple Head
delayed shoutouts

Chris - x_x @ your bad luck. I don't think you deserve anything like that and it all happened in a row, it is almost funny =/ Oh well, atleast we had a lot of fun

Steve - thanks a lot for the ride, glad you had a great time, hope I see you again sometime

Dave - we both know Fox is gay, and how gay it is to be edge guarded with Falcon by Fox, and how gay Mike is, so I know exactly where you're coming from probably a lot more than you think. Good shnoz in tourny, I'm glad I entered you. I like making the emos enter. Also *dies*

Mike Brookman - l2play moar serious so you don't forget how to come important time, not kidding. It's like, sometimes you just fux around and kill yourself constantly and save me from dying and constantly DI incorrectly, and other times you just dash dash grab camp me like 90% of the time, it's like.... make your fucking mind up please. It's just annoying coming from someone who could consistently give me trouble/help me get better too

Kyle - really glad to see you at this tournament after so long, and you're as gay good as ever! (that's a good thing) Hope to see you again sometime, and maybe even visit your humble abode again.

Elen - yellow

Hayato - is still the fusking coolest smasher ever. Stop letting people beat you

Skler - lol @ my poopy Sheik. You seemed to play kind of off and shakey almost as hard as me, so blah bleeh bloo johnsy johns. I don't want to play you in tourny, that's a good thing

Emmy/Adat - good shnoz running the tourny, but next time please look over random seeding so what happened in teams doesn't happen again. Can't wait for SNF5

Kevin - is always a pleasure to see you at tournies. Why don't we ever play?

Gutts

Smash Cadet
That was quite the tournament you guys had, never knew RI had that many smash players... I'll have to stick around to the singles next time -_-
PC thanks for jumping in for John in our team match against Pub n' Suds... and Skler, we'll have no finish our Link ditto another time, when pizzas not interrupting.

To everyone I didn't get to play, until next time.

Beamswords only represent!

Wait, Phil Hellmuth was there?

Elen

Smash Lord
That's awful Chris. Glad to here you had fun though ^^ Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll turn up *shrug* Your too good for having a positive attitude after that streak of awfulness xD

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Good stuff to everyone in the tournament.

Chris, you have now witnessed the curse of Rhode Island Smash tournament.

When I first went to Rhode Island for the smash tournament UnknownForce held, the total trip from MA to RI and back again was about 9 and 1/2 hours. The most ridiculous things kept happening. It is so long to say in this thread, that I have to bring back the post from 2 and a half years ago to show you guys what happened:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=49887

Now that PC and I have witnessed the Curse of Rhode Island, it's time for M2K to show up to a Rhode Island tournament.

What will happen is M2K will get mugged by the Panda from Tekken 5, then will have his IPOD deleted and only one song remains: The Devil Went Back to Georgia. Then he will get kidnapped, and has a ransom of $1,000,000 (Dr. Evil laugh). Oh yeah, and he'll be exhiled to the Netherlands.

If any of you out of state players like Azen and Chu Dat and Ken want to get screwed over by the Rhode Island Curse, please write down what you witnessed in an essay of 500 words or less.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I remember wayyy back at SNF3, SOLAR got pulled over on the way there and lost his wallet. Rhode Island Curse is REAL

kiwiii

Smash Lord
What will happen is M2K will get mugged by the Panda from Tekken 5, then will have his IPOD deleted and only one song remains: The Devil Went Back to Georgia. Then he will get kidnapped, and has a ransom of $1,000,000 (Dr. Evil laugh). Oh yeah, and he'll be exhiled to the Netherlands.

If any of you out of state players like Azen and Chu Dat and Ken want to get screwed over by the Rhode Island Curse, please write down what you witnessed in an essay of 500 words or less.
LMFAOOOOO.

yeah with m2k's luck, it'd be all of the above or worse ^_~

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
This was my first serious Smash tourney, thanks to everyone I played for the good time and for not giving me crap for playing ****ty. I definitely have to do this again soon (maybe at mass. madness?), hopefully when I'm at least a little better. Sorry for not getting to meet a lot of people who came (for those of you who didn't play me, I was the skinny guy with long, dark hair), I'm a pretty chill guy once you get to know me.

Alright, shoutouts go to everyone in my pool, thanks for showing me an excellent game of smash.
also to yoshipal for some hella close games, yeah until next time man.
and last but not least to the guys who went with me to wendy's. i can only remember questors name, but it was really cool chilling with both of you.

ok now back to my question: is it easier to perform faster movements on a laggy monitor? b/c i've been playing on a really lag tv in my room, and i have noticed i tend to play much better on it (no johns).

Fake Mofo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-3430-0703
ok now back to my question: is it easier to perform faster movements on a laggy monitor? b/c i've been playing on a really lag tv in my room, and i have noticed i tend to play much better on it (no johns).
dont do that i am gonna go out on a limb and say it is probably not a good idea to practice on a laggy tv. it is just going to mess with your timing during real game play.

chris dont listen to them its not rhode island's falt you prob. werent even in rhode island when most of that happened.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I lost my wallet at SNF3 actually come to think of it. I had like 100 bucks in there and it cost me mad loot to replace everything in there. What the hell is going on with Rhode Island?!?!?!

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Remember that other time when the tournament was cancelled and PC didn't have a ride to the tournament last SNF?

Hmmmm...

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Playing on a Laggy TV = playing only by using muscle memory.

Its only going to help you with the timing of muscle memory. (Tech Skill)

Everything else, you will need a normal tv.

Top Bottom