• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(NYC)Gauntlet Season 2 Ep3 Oct.29 - To the Limit

X Japan

Smash Lord
well from recent events of complaining from my own ppl this Gauntlet well have a new stage rule set. this new rule set is only for this one to see how it goes. right now i don't remember the new setting i'll have to get back to everyone about that but i'll post the rest of the other stuff.

Tourney location

Neutral Ground New York
122 West 26th Street, 4th Floor
(Between 6th and 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10001
212-633-1288
http://www.neutralground.com

Gauntlet Web site:
Gauntlet Site

Tournament Place rules
-No running
-Limit the cursing
-No loitering
-No eating/drinking by the video games
-**** its basically self explanitory treat the area with the same respect youll treat your house.
-THROW OUT YOUR GARBAGE.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND
-DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING
IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

Tournament Rules
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead of starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0%. Also both players has a chioce to do the SD on the same stage or random it. If both players can't come to a agreement then a coin flip we happen.
•20 bux entrance fee for singles.
•10 bux entrance fee for each teammate.

Stages 1v1 and Teams
••Stages limited to the 7 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island (Pipes) and Termina
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

Other Rules
- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

Results from the last one.

2v2
1 everybodyhateschris (PC Chris/DA Chris)
2 The Newlyweds (Wife/Husband)
3 We Major!! (PhillyBilly/Comp)
4 Double Dragon (Wes/Jay)
5 unknownturtles (UnknownForce/Hayato)
5 Going Postal (Raffy/Dire)
7 Lung Cancer (IRA Marth/Aho)
7 lemonParty
9 anti-heroes (RickR/Dono)
9 washappeningmang (Zanguzen/Mang)
9 R&T
9 The Illest (TI Tetra/TI Big G)
13 Origamo Death Swans
13 random scrubs

1v1
1 Zanzaibar(Zanguzen aka BombSoldier Sr.)
2 Wife
3 Husband
4 Hayato
5 Wes
5 PC Chris
7 Hellfox
7 KillaOR
9 Dire
9 Aho
9 RickR
9 UnknownForce
13 TI tetra
13 Steel Roo
13 SockNinja
13 Dono
17 Boocif
17 Zim
17 Mang
17 Comp
17 TI BigG
17 Yith-Kai
17 TI Puff
17 Kreymore
25 JohnB.
25 Raffy
25 Fab
25 Mooplet
25 Mirllan
25 KahBasha
25 D1
25 Aht-Yang
33 philly
33 Mr.E
33 Raymond
33 DarkLinK
33 Adam

PS: thanks to Kirby-san aka Hayato Gauntlet now has a offical site so ppl can sign up beforehand and know who's coming or not and also tells me how many TVs and Cubes I'm going to need so i can plan out these events a little bit better.

here's the link Gauntlet Season 2 Site

D1

Banned via Administration
Hmm...as long as Rainbow Cruise,Pokefloats,Green Greens(that stage has camera problems sometimes when near the edge of either side of the stage sometimes), and Yoshi's Island I'm happy **** pipes...and Brinstar doesn't really take skill **** lava makes it easy for the person not gettin burned **** lava :p.

LMAO @ Peach's Castle w/ Zang's match anyone remember? **** bullet haha taht stage is good though.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Really don't know if i can come to this. School is a major pain in the @$$ and Moop said his dad might not be able to take us. Hopefully I'll see what I can do, but otherwise I'll just eagerly await the results come october

xHayatox

Smash Lord
I dunno if i can make it to this one. i already requested my Saturday for "The Mages Tournament...." Maybe November, or December, in case i might attend BOMB4, dunno yet but i cant get 2 saturdays off in a month, specially when im part time and its mandatory for me but if for any unknown reason i get Saturday off on this day u can count me in lolz!

BIG. G

Smash Apprentice
yeah u know ill be thur holla at ur boi biatchh T.I till we die!?!! :chuckle:

Double N Dann

Smash Journeyman
SUNY cobleskill... where kids get 3 stocked 3 on 1
WTF A TUESDAY?! i seriously had to check my calendar eight times to believe this. i miss too many gauntlets and now i may miss another one dude to the fact that most mothers don't want their children skipping school to play video games! hmph, well i guess i'll see what happens as the day gets closer

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
best date for me!

thats one of the days i have off in school, sick =P

now i can always help with cubes, extenstions and all, but if im not driving i can't bring a TV this time, long story -.-

X Japan

Smash Lord
whoa! where the f*#k you get tuesday from. I know I'm not all there in the head, but i'm not that f*%ked up to have a tourney on Tuesday. Double N Dann check your calendar and see if you got the right year cuz on my calendar and on the smashboards tourney calendar Gauntlet lands on Sat.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
GAUNTLET WITH A TWIST!!!!!!

ATTENTION: I HAVENT SPOKE TO D.A. about this but tell me what you guys think,
HOLLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST @ GAUNTLET. Person who dresses up closest to a smash character gets free entry to both tourneys + bragging rights!!!!! It will be a twist + i think it will be funny seeing PC chris look like ganondorf and Phillybilly dressed like pikachu. lol. Well WHOS DOWN WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!????????!????????

ONCE AGAIN, WHO EVER DRESSES UP CLOSEST TO A SMASH CHARACTER GETS FREE ENTREE TO BOTH TOURNEYS X_X!!! IF PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME COSTUME THE WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED BY WHO CAN SOUND THE MOCH THE CHARACTER THEY ARE IMATATING THE BEST!!!!!!.

sounds good?, 1 to the gun Dave

PS: cant wait to see wes dress up like ice climbers.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Lmao.

Lunch Box Puff, you're on.

Nah I won't be able to get away with that..

I'd get in to trouble with the Bloods gang >_>

*mental image of P.C. dressed up as Sheik*

:cry: :cry: :chuckle: :chuckle:

KirbySan

Smash Cadet
Yo i basically made a website for gauntlet, i hope yall like it. hopefully it would make things easier for everyone to see whose coming and instead of having to make people sign paper etc. we can simply check off whose here and **** like that :)

heres the link - Gauntlet Season 2 Site

Shieldz

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances of this getting moved back a week....Here in Scranton, PA weve got maybe half dozen people interested in coming but we've also got one being run here the same day...I wouldnt want to split the turnout to make each one as big as possible. Thanks.

TGPs Tourney in Scranton

X Japan

Smash Lord
Shieldz said:
What are the chances of this getting moved back a week....Here in Scranton, PA weve got maybe half dozen people interested in coming but we've also got one being run here the same day...I wouldnt want to split the turnout to make each one as big as possible. Thanks.

TGPs Tourney in Scranton

sorry man can't this was the only date that was open at NGs. I don't like bum heads with anyone either and if i could push the date i would, but i can't. sorry just can't do it.

PS: oh yea all of the Team vids are out now on the hub.

X Japan

Smash Lord
KirbySan said:
Yo i basically made a website for gauntlet, i hope yall like it. hopefully it would make things easier for everyone to see whose coming and instead of having to make people sign paper etc. we can simply check off whose here and **** like that :)

heres the link - Gauntlet Season 2 Site

oh $hit man thx. this can really help me figure out how many ppl are planing on coming and seeing how many TVs and cubes i needed depending on ppl. thanks so much.

KirbySan

Smash Cadet
ok i made the new short url for the tourney site.

http://www.gauntletny.cjb.net/

I forgot to add in for how many tvs and cubes of that list on the site. ill try my best to update as much as i can. and for blaine. if u want the website where the form goes to im gonna send u my username n pw. in ur PM. but i will be checking it often anyway and i will update the roster evreyday if i happen to get new entries.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Bleh, I've just been confirmed that I can't go, meaning that nobody from the crew is coming...I guess there's next time...have fun everyone...keep kicking *** Zang and THS, d1 if you go, and uber pro roy user Joe (roy is top tier).

X Japan

Smash Lord
sorry to hear that Roo. hopefully see you guys next time guys. anyway i made a new update on the 1st page about the Gauntlet site. later on today or tonight i'm going to update the 1st post again about the stages.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Zanguzen said:
lol pc's y link is better than urs steel no offense
Oh...heh didn't even know that he played Young Link. I saw one other person play him against D1 and get four stocked, so I just assumed that we were like the only two. I guess maybe we need to have a Young Link ditto next time i'm there so we can really see who's better. Unfortuantley I'm not going to be at a Gauntlet until after school ends (at least not for a couple of months)

Kaotical

Smash Ace
I'll try and make it to this. This'll be my first Gauntlet. Seeing as how Comp made it all the way to my Arcade Smash tourney, I'll repay him the favor. :)

D1

Steel Kangaroo said:
I saw one other person play him against D1 and get four stocked
Hehe, **** that felt good man...thanks for remindin me Roo :chuckle: Fox>YL

this Gauntlet's so far away...****...

BUHO

Smash Apprentice
teem baddos

yo D1 ima try and scrounge up some cash so we can do some teams. If you cant then I'll try to find someone to team with. I think this gauntlet im going serious, still staying chu but dusting off my ancient fox skills to see if i cant put em to use. That means I'll actually practice. Dire you got the crew staring you down Boocif and Lunch especially want the glory. Bring it for real.

X Japan

Smash Lord
D1 said:
Hehe, **** that felt good man...thanks for remindin me Roo :chuckle: Fox>YL

this Gauntlet's so far away...****...

i think its better that way since Gauntlet is every month and this give everyone who planing on going to train a bit more and with school going on also this gives ppl to split up their training session so smash won't f*^k up ppl schooling.

well thats how i see it.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
I'm still kinda confused about how the points work...does it directly correspond to how much money we pay? Or is it a scale...where under 10 points isnt worth anything, but 10-15 is worth half off one entry? Or something like that? Do we redeem points or do they just stack from tourney to tourney?

D1

Hell yeah Buho lets do it! Fox+Pika, or Fox + Fox?

You name it. I'm always Fox my other chars suck think we could get some games b4 Gauntlet I know u guys live in NJ so it probably might be impossible.

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
X Japan said:
i think its better that way since Gauntlet is every month and this give everyone who planing on going to train a bit more and with school going on also this gives ppl to split up their training session so smash won't f*^k up ppl schooling.

well thats how i see it.

Yes I def agree wit u blaine. The more Time in between Gauntlets, the more time for training, and the more overall build up for the tournament, and makes it much more exciting. Plus if gauntlets were like every week, people could be like "ooo Ima skip this 1, and just goto the next" and than the turnouts r never as big. KOTC I think was having too many events per month, and not as many people took them seriously.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Good points Blaine and Tetra, and I of course agree. I shall do my best as always to make it of course, even if the rules are the same :p

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
tv:
WES:2
CHRIS:3-4
DIRE:1
NG:2-3

CUBE:
WES:2
CHRIS:2
DIRE:1
RON:1
D1:1
BLU:1
AND AONYONE ELSE I FORGOET TO MENTION SPEAK UP

Edited because of more KotC flaming. Give it a rest already Wes...

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
I won't be able to make this because I'm going to be hosting something else in CT.

At this point I'll feel lucky if I make it a tournament ever again.

There's Bomb 4 I guess, but that looks bleak for me too. No one wants gas money or nothing. sigh

Top Bottom