• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NY/NJ - Where do you stand on the MK-ban issue?

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
it is really respectable, ally is just that great. but i dont think he was at his best lol thats just me though probably.im pretty sure m2k said it also earlyier in this thread

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
you guys are right about Me using MK for like vs cable and losing to vex after beating his D3 but I did win 2-0 vs both round of pools... so maybe thats why, I dont care though NEXT nationals, I'm going FULL Snake.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know where i stand, so I'll say i am C, neutral. i used to be pro ban, then anti ban. But now its just absurd how much metaknight we see in tourney results now.

Now with Tatsunoko vs Capcom out, i might just quit this game.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
Please play a better game than TvC.

****, stick with Brawl LOL.

On a side note, I miss you guys. ;_;
Why? Yes, by sticking with Brawl he will be sticking to the more popular and bigger community game, which is why i think also he should stick with it, but the way your saying it, makes it sound like Brawl as a fighting game is better then TvC. And if it is what your saying then lol to you sir

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Atlantic North won't ever ban MK even if Overswarm's cheerleading ability persuades the BBR to ban MK. Tournament attendance would decrease DRASTICALLY and regulars would just go to tournaments where TO's have kept MK included or just not go at all.

Regardless of what the BBR says TO's should aim to provide tournaments that bring in the most people. Because more people = what the community wants (and also more money).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I think lots of good people would quit (especially the MKs), but in the long run i think brawl tournaments would get more attendance.

for instance, i would gladly enter an MK banned tourney, go all jiggs (cause i dont need snake for MK), and have the time of my life. People who didn't like MK before would all come back and perhaps enjoy a game without an above-and-beyond best character, more character balance, wider range of skills are available without the existence of MK.

However, this results in a "changed version" of the game, tampering with the purity of the game itself, making tournaments unfair and, technically, not "really" brawl.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
greg please u didnt stop entering tournaments because of MK

u wouldnt come back pfft

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
NY. I don't think they should ban him. It feels 2 good when u beat one xD

Ice climbers= ban! Grab grab grab =___= I bet the person even using IC's aren't having fun.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wow, I read through this whole thread and it was filled with immense stupidity. I don't care too much about banning Mk cause the only Mks in Md/Va are the good ones which are Sanoscy, Korn (Doesn't enter singles ever), Forte (Inactive), Omni and the bad ones (Sin, Poyo, and randoms). Chances are better of me running into a random selection of characters. I'm pro ban because I think Mk is broken period. But I think just pro ban on him for singles. Not doubles.

I'm really more pro ban for D3 over Mk since D3 shuts down more characters game then anyone. Without D3 Wolf is amazing ^_^

Oh and Ics aren't broken at all. There are 3 of them who place high in tourneys and only two currently winning. Meep, Swordgard, and Lain. Lain wins tourneys often. Meep now gets around 5th-9th in Md/Va. I know Swordgard places high, but I never check Canada threads/results. I also don't know much about how Michael Hey places, but I imagine high so 4 Ics.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Character capability =/= Players using them. Imagine people of M2k/adhd/ally level using ice climbers aka perfectly. It'd degenerate brawl into RUN FOR YOUR LIFE ALL THE TIME LOLOLgay

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
there shouldn't be a debate at all. He's super popular and that's why people want him gone. If MK was so broken I shouldn't have lost let alone gotten ***** by adhd at pound and had close set with ally when snake is by far my most practiced matchup and he looks slightly (SLIGHTLY) rusty in singles compared to before. Overswarm's entire recent argument is based on numbers which are based off POPULARITY which is stupid and not fair. The character is extremely overrated, especially if his gay stages were to be removed he wouldn't be as good as Diddy or even Falco on neutrals. This is my honest opinion.
I agree that Meta should not be banned. But not for these reasons. First off you dont know how to deal with diddy well. People see this all the time when you fight one. And you made a thread admitting this and asking for help. So you getting ***** by ADHD is not a valid reason to keep him in.

Meta being ppopular also has nothing to do with this. He is the best character in brawl, broken and gets away with alot of ****. Really when he is being played gay. You out of everyone should know this. Because of all of this, of course meta will be popular choice of use. People want an easy way to get money. And the best way to get money is using meta. Anyone who dares deny this is full of it.

All the high tiers out of Peach (hell, maybe Peach now) In melee were beast and over used. The thinng is though, iot was not always one character taking over all the time from the high tiers. The space animals are the best but have weaknesses that are not as hard to abuse as meta in brawl. Meta was seen as the shiek of melee. But the difference was, you have a better chance abuse shieks problems more than meta. Same with Marth and you know how well Marth is in that game that can get at all characters.

To me these are poor excuses to say meta should stay. really comming from you.

tornado is a reallly good *** move once u learn to use it like a pro lololol
If a Peach can abuse the use of the move when spammed or as you say "used as a Pro, I doubt that.

Atlantic North won't ever ban MK even if Overswarm's cheerleading ability persuades the BBR to ban MK. Tournament attendance would decrease DRASTICALLY and regulars would just go to tournaments where TO's have kept MK included or just not go at all.

Regardless of what the BBR says TO's should aim to provide tournaments that bring in the most people. Because more people = what the community wants (and also more money).
I dont think it would decrease at all. With Meta out the way, more characters would be used and playable at tournies. And top ten would not be stacked with mostly meta. if meta players was to stop going to tournies because of this, it clearly shows to me that they can't get that green. And the only reason they got it was cause of meta and how broken he is. They need meta or they would not be as good of a player or be someone in this community as if meta was out of here. But if metas can show that they can still hack it as if they were to use meta than that is a different story. But being real here, people want money. And dont wanna risk not getting it, working harder for it or not making any at all. Thats why regulars ( mostly meta players would not attend. And what I have to say to that is "who the hell gives a ****?"

Attendence would increase even more to me cause The next best character would be snake. And he has weaknesses that are easier to abuse and deal with than meta. Other characters would be used more often and there would be legit ways to counterpick. Even other high tiers that get screwed over by meta would be rising up in placing. Making character placement more versitale. This would make the game more enjoyable than seeing top ten alot stack with Meta. Thus people would want to play more and strive to beast with thier characters more.

Ice climbers would still ruin the "fun."
There are a few characters that beat IC. Peach being one of them. So if people know thier match ups with IC, No they will not be taking over.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
how is MK above and beyond the best character? I don't think he's better than Diddy right now after playing ADHD for 3 weeks straight I don't see how mastered MK is better than mastered Diddy. Also if that means that ADHD is better than me then ALL the other MKs, which get ***** BADLY when they face me in tourney, must be REALLY bad. If that's the case then MK isn't evolved at all! Which obviously isn't true. Which is why I think Diddy is just the best because the highest level I see for Diddy just decimates everything.

I also find it funny how ADHD thinks snake is the best then MK, ally thinks its MK then diddy, and I think it's diddy then MK then falco then snake. It's kind of all flip flopped. Everyone is biased though to their own experiences so w/e idc

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
how is MK above and beyond the best character? I don't think he's better than Diddy right now after playing ADHD for 3 weeks straight I don't see how mastered MK is better than mastered Diddy. Also if that means that ADHD is better than me then ALL the other MKs, which get ***** BADLY when they face me in tourney, must be REALLY bad. If that's the case then MK isn't evolved at all! Which obviously isn't true. Which is why I think Diddy is just the best because the highest level I see for Diddy just decimates everything.

I also find it funny how ADHD thinks snake is the best then MK, ally thinks its MK then diddy, and I think it's diddy then MK then falco then snake. It's kind of all flip flopped. Everyone is biased though to their own experiences so w/e idc
You can master a character all you want. Does not mean you are gonna take over a match up if you can't play it correctly or get annoyed playing it. emoticion are one of the reasons why people can't play correctly. One person is not gonn play on point if they are annoyed, etc.

Diddy has characters that beat him. For meta.......what characters have the advantage over him? What characters can abuse Diddys weaknesses and shut him down more than meta? How easy is it for characters to punish Meta more than diddy? Hell, Peach and luigi get at Diddy, and they are not even high tier.

Admit it dude, you cant stand fighting diddy, he annoys you and emotions build up in matches where you can't handle him well. That or even after playing ADHD for so long, so still dont get the match up at all. So you can't sit here and say meta is not the best cause you lose to diddy.

Also Diddy can not be gayer than meta when it comes to meta planking and playing straight dirty. No character in this game tops meta in these areas. Sorry dude, you may be one of the best in the world, but does not mean you can make excuses cause of it. Cause that is what I am seeing right now.

Learn to actually handle diddy and you wont have this problem If you are better than ADHD. Or be forced to learn a character like Peach, luigi, etc to beat him. Meta is the best in the game and he beats diddy. You just letting your emotions when fighting diddy get to you. ADHD is not beating you dude. You are ending yourself in the matches. Trust me, this is coming from an emo person that plays freaking Peach. I know this **** and how it feels/goes.

Stop letting the character get to you and learn how to fight diddy.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Theoretically I can't imagine it happening. You can't really kill that well as peach and bananas beat her aerials?

Top Bottom