• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NVGA Supercon! Results!!

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Also Alpha, if you ever decide to pick up Marvel2, I can give you some pointers. Its a fun game, and Sentinal is a beast. Bowser+Fox+Falco=Sentinal. heh
I'll keep that in mind.

The link doesn't work.

As the smoke clears the first annual SuperCon event was a great success. There were many exciting times in the championship thus making it one the most exciting events to date. We hope everyone had a great time and we will be hosting even more events this summer and when the season starts again in September
Exactly when are these events going to happen (specific dates)?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Tony...you realize that me playing Snake exclusively would completely make the game even more gay and boring right? No more Sakurai combos, no more ROB tricks, no more GaW ownage, no more Marth dittos, no more shine spikes, no more ANYTHING! It's going to be even lamer than it already is.

Besides, Tim's only beaten my Snake when playing Olimar....what, a grand total of 2 times maybe? And in friendlies(I can simply use friendlies as an excuse since you constantly remind me that I only win as Snake in friendlies or something). I didn't counterpick Tim using Snake until the very last match cause that's where it counted and I knew I needed to win. I'd rather play Sheik against his Ness on Pirate stage. Sure I got owned, but IMO it's better than getting an easy win with Snake.

DFG, when do you think you can get our C3 videos man? Cause I still don't see them up on youtube or anything.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sorry DFG, I was just pissed on the most epic level ever after we were told that we could have teams before Singles on Saturday, then Sinz had to be the one to tell us that Singles would be running first, effectively ruining the only reason why we wanted to come.

I will stand by some of the things I have said, however. At least for Smash, the Cutthroat series has rarely, if ever, catered to OoSers. I shouldn't blame you, because it is rarely, if ever, your fault. I just needed a target to vent at, and so I apologize.

I think that, for the next C3T we have, you should let me and two or three other people of my choice run it, as a trial. Heibrahi did alright with the tournament, and we DID get done in record time, but we could have been done even faster, and with a lot less pissed off players if one of your staff hadn't completely taken over for him. Also, for announcers, I think we should have our actual smashers announce. I have two people in mind that would, most likely, do an excellent job. Or we could just not announce, I 'onno.

To insinuate that you pocketed money was a little screwed up, so I apologize for that. Still, I wish you'd be a little more flexible and let us run doubles first with something other than the software you use. Hell, we could bring our own laptop and run our stuff on that.

I thank you for defending the smash community, and apologize for some of the things I said. I think we could step up how we manage the Smash series, and would like to offer some suggestions, based on my own independent tournament experiences.

Sadly, I can't call you currently, because the display to my phone broke. I'll get in touch with you soon, though.

EDIT: I suppose, Ferdi. I guess that I just want CO to learn how to fight intelligent Snake players, and since Leo is kinda predictable, I want you to play us with your Snake more. I 'onno.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
EDIT: I suppose, Ferdi. I guess that I just want CO to learn how to fight intelligent Snake players, and since Leo is kinda predictable, I want you to play us with your Snake more. I 'onno.
That was pretty fast I didn't even know you were on. I was also going to post "maybe the reason you want me to play him so much is so you eventually know how to play him, like the rest of all the characters I pulled out in melee." but I wasn't sure where you were going with this until now.

But playing him is extremely boring, I've been doing the exact same things over and over again and I still haven't really gotten beat by it, save Tim's campy Olimar(only campy against Snakes). So until you guys start outgaying me with spam I don't think my Snake can be beaten.

ArcticDrac

Smash Cadet
Peace Out!

I'm sorry the tournament sucked. I'm VERY sorry that BRAWL sucks... but mostly, I'm sorry I wasn't there to witness the suckiness... =\ =\ =\

May Melee live on forever... =[ =[ =[

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
That was pretty fast I didn't even know you were on. I was also going to post "maybe the reason you want me to play him so much is so you eventually know how to play him, like the rest of all the characters I pulled out in melee." but I wasn't sure where you were going with this until now.

But playing him is extremely boring, I've been doing the exact same things over and over again and I still haven't really gotten beat by it, save Tim's campy Olimar(only campy against Snakes). So until you guys start outgaying me with spam I don't think my Snake can be beaten.
I'm fairly certain that my Lucas can beat him, as well as one or two other characters I've picked up on the side. We need to smash soon.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Tony, I will definitly need to talk too about how C3T has not catered to Oosers and if we don't what can we do to fix that. Maybe I'm missing something. In all honestly, we would like to have a consistent tournament directors for Smash. Meaning that wether the events our in Colorado Springs or Denver we would have 2-3 people who could run Smash throught the season. Right now for TIO it's ok but we are going to work with Neil to custominze the TIO system for the NVGA so it does everything that I want it do. Right now for me TIO does not have some of the features that I need to make the conversion to this software. Were working on this and hopefully we will know something soon on this.

Let me know what you want you want to do because that this stage of the game I need consistency not one timers for C3. We are getting to busy now to have a different tournament directors tournament after tournaments so let me know your staff and we will go from there. When you get a phone tony give me a call or we can meet sometime maybe with Jeris.

Overall , apologize accepted man. :) Mad love as always. I want representitives for Smash to be heavenly involved BUT again I need consistency in leadership. We can talk more later.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I'm sorry the tournament sucked. I'm VERY sorry that BRAWL sucks... but mostly, I'm sorry I wasn't there to witness the suckiness... =\ =\ =\

May Melee live on forever... =[ =[ =[
lol, the one time you come on smashboards in years and you say brawl sucks.

Good luck Jason, it was great knowing you. May your legacy in Melee live on forever. Same with Michelle.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Tony, I will definitly need to talk too about how C3T has not catered to Oosers and if we don't what can we do to fix that. Maybe I'm missing something. In all honestly, we would like to have a consistent tournament directors for Smash. Meaning that wether the events our in Colorado Springs or Denver we would have 2-3 people who could run Smash throught the season. Right now for TIO it's ok but we are going to work with Neil to custominze the TIO system for the NVGA so it does everything that I want it do. Right now for me TIO does not have some of the features that I need to make the conversion to this software. Were working on this and hopefully we will know something soon on this.

Let me know what you want you want to do because that this stage of the game I need consistency not one timers for C3. We are getting to busy now to have a different tournament directors tournament after tournaments so let me know your staff and we will go from there. When you get a phone tony give me a call or we can meet sometime maybe with Jeris.

Overall , apologize accepted man. :) Mad love as always. I want representitives for Smash to be heavenly involved BUT again I need consistency in leadership. We can talk more later.
We can talk about how to cater to OoS a little better whenever I get my phone working. If you need a consistent tournament director for C3T/NVGA's SSBB portion, I'm your huckleberry. I don't work weekends, no matter what job I'm taking, so I can travel with you and your posse. Just lemme know.

When we talk, I'll propose my tournament staff, and you can pick who you want. Meeting with Jeris would prolly be a good idea, too, since he's done such a great job repping CO.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Finally. After one week of unexpected humor and disappointment, it's all over and settled then. So how about we and CO get together in a properly functional NVGA tourney? If the season really does end in September, then we don't have much time :p

Jason, I agree. Even though I didn't know you back in your melee peak, I will always remember you as the awesome ArticDrac. I will moreover remember you in that Hyatt tourney with Jason Montoya. Good times... *sniff* Tell Michelle I said hi too.

Zack, did you get your copy of brawl back? Oh, and as you put it, stop being so forgetful, clumsy, and Mexican. I'm not ethnically racist, but I'm racist against people who are dumb enough to leave brawl at an NVGA tourney and their screwups. jk lol

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Sliraobe god. The season starts in September and end in May. Colorado are doing some summer season tournaments to test some things out and get ready for the september.

InterimofZeal - Let talk next week. Let me know what time is good for you. Talk to Jeris and see if you can come over my place and we can talk and get some planning done. With our first summer event in a month I want to make sure that we are on the same page going on. I will have tournament director contract for you and your crew by next week so let me know.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sounds good. I have class Tuesday and Thursday, and some errands to run Monday. If we meet up Monday, it'll have to be in the evening. Which days work for you?

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Let's meet Wednesday at about 7:00pm at my place. You've been to my place before for tournaments but just in case go here for my address:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/contact.php

Let me know if this day works for you and your crew. I want all of your crew to come that day. Let me know!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nite can't make it on weekdays from 5-10, since he works. I'm trying to find one more person that's decent at running tournaments, but it's slim picking. D:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yo, this is DancingFighterG:

As the smoke clears the first annual SuperCon event was a great success. There were many exciting times in the championship thus making it one the most exciting events to date. We hope everyone had a great time and we will be hosting even more events this summer and when the season starts again in September.

Here are the results but we will be updating throughout the day:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/gaming_events_results.php

Please post any comments, concerns and suggestions about the SuperCon here:

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4215

Tony: I really don't like you talking about C3T like this. I don't lie and you know this and i'm telling you that we had, and I just counted, 78 players for the tournaments and that's not including casual players which we have at about 20+. As for the software if you know how to use the software that we use it's fine. I've played with TIO and I have my reservations about what I have seen so far but that's another discussion. Care about money? Well, we are our an organization and in order to put on events you must have money to do it. You think all the things that I buy for C3 is free unless you want to pay for it. You know for years now that I've catered to the Smash community and even defend the entire Smash community against those communities that hate but you going to say that I care about nothing but money. I expect better from you man. If you want to have a side conversation with me you know my number. You know you can always talk to me so I'm surprise that you would say this on a board instead of talking to me first. Pocket money? So your accusing my crew of stealing after some of my stuff was stolen. Tony, come on man!!!! If you have some things to say to me or if you want to run tournaments ito improve the quality it's always open to you. You know this too so you let me know when you want to step up to the plate. You know my number!!

Overall, I think that the event went well. Good job Sinz on being the tournament director. We had some people/organization fall out but as the tournament director for the event I will try to improve the running of the Con. It's my job to improve and I will try my best to get the Con working even better then this year. Just to give everyone a comparision the price event was small compared to other events that provide nothing but games. Between tons of free stuff, PC giveways and three days of play I think it was worth the money. But that's just me. OverallI hope that people enjoyed themselves and I will see all of you at Colorado events and other events
I think you mean, "Boo Sinz! You did a terribly makeshift and bias job as tournament director."

B3LMONT

Smash Rookie
Wow. I haven't ever posted on this site but anyway!

This tournament was lots o' fun, I've been practicing a lot lately :p
hoping some other big ones come around soon.

I was hoping that the video would of Sinz and SDSG would be up :( but I can't find it anywhere!
Hmmm. Maybe the guy shouting throughout the whole video kind of ruined it? LOL it was pretty hilarious in an obnoxious way.

Anyway, the tournament went pretty smooth, I learned a lot, met some chillin' peeps and now have taken an interest in this forum! wooooo

Anyway, if the videos are up! Someone should give me links in PM or something.

Oh, was wondering..
who won that melee tournament after brawl singles? lol
I had to leave early and didn't get to see it conclude.
I'm thinking AlphaBravo.

EDIT: Sinz, great job on running this thing btw :p I could tell you got pretty pissed off at times HA but great job overall.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Oh, was wondering..
who won that melee tournament after brawl singles? lol
I had to leave early and didn't get to see it conclude.
I'm thinking AlphaBravo.
SDSG won the Melee tournament.

I was hoping that the video would of Sinz and SDSG would be up but I can't find it anywhere!
Hmmm. Maybe the guy shouting throughout the whole video kind of ruined it? LOL it was pretty hilarious in an obnoxious way.
I don't know why you would want to see that match. It was complete garbage.

Top Bottom