• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NTSC Melee as a tournament standard in Australia

Do you want to play NTSC in Australian Melee tournaments? (Votes are public)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well I tested on a Falcon dummy on FD in training mode using the Dolphin emulator. They definitely land in the same place and I wasn't able to observe any vertical difference in the trajectory.

S.D

Smash Master
Hmm, well I tested on a Falcon dummy on FD in training mode using the Dolphin emulator. They definitely land in the same place and I wasn't able to observe any vertical difference in the trajectory.
Interesting, perhaps it's simply the weight differences of certain characters in NTSC that make it seem different...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Well Surgi a full tea cup cannot... etc.
Tried it on a Falcon dummy, with Falcon on a dummy, or with Falcon on Falcon? I'm a little confused on that one sorry.

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Hmm true. Oh well, it doesn't make much difference if it needs to be slowed down to frame by frame to spot the whats changed. Maybe S.D is right and it is just the weight changes from NTSC to PAL that make the dfference.

Lol @ Cronos for the awesome but very incomplete and completely irrelavent quote ^^ <3

Edit: and I think Atticus meant that he tried it With a Falcon on a Falcon dummy.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Previous test was done by Falcon on a Falcon dummy, sorry if that was unclear. For the sake of removing all doubt, here's the frame-by-frame for Falcon n-air on Peach at 45% on Final Destination in training mode.

NTSC run:
With the start of short hop being frame 1 (the first frame of the four before he actually leaves the ground),
n-air activated on frame 6,
first hit impacting at frame 12 (inflicting 6 damage),
second hit impacting at frame 29 (inflicting 6 damage),
apex of knockback trajectory at frame 49,
Peach hits ground at frame 86.

PAL run:
Exactly the same for ALL of the above.

Safely debunked?

S.D

Smash Master
Previous test was done by Falcon on a Falcon dummy, sorry if that was unclear. For the sake of removing all doubt, here's the frame-by-frame for Falcon n-air on Peach at 45% on Final Destination in training mode.

NTSC run:
With the start of short hop being frame 1 (the first frame of the four before he actually leaves the ground),
n-air activated on frame 6,
first hit impacting at frame 12 (inflicting 6 damage),
second hit impacting at frame 29 (inflicting 6 damage),
apex of knockback trajectory at frame 49,
Peach hits ground at frame 86.

PAL run:
Exactly the same for ALL of the above.

Safely debunked?
Interesting... what version of NTSC do you have?

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I don't think they ever changed Tragectory or Knockback in the different versions on NTSC did they? I think they just fixed the bugs. Although PAL is most similar to v1.2 so maybe there is a difference.

Rolf @ S.D's Mister Saturn sig ahahaha

Edit: Omg Hai dek

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Surgi for the love of god please stop posting 10 times every hour saying things that you have no idea about yourself or things that are just plain irrelevent >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, that's Alzi's job. Jokes asside, there's a thread in Melee disc that has all the changes and is 100% correct.

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Well I think the votes speak for themself, Even if we had the resources to run NTSC as smoothly as we run PAL tourneys, The majority want PAL more. Although I guess if another 10 voted for NTSC it'd be ahead but thats pretty unlikely seeing as NTSC was about 8 votes up to begin with and is now 4 votes down. PAL continues its reign in Australia...

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I find it is amusing that the issue of balance is brought up. Melee will always be a game with a small amount of tourney viable characters, it doesn't matter if the version of the game is NTSC or PAL, there will only be around 8/26 characters used.

(Plasiacade now features NTSC Melee!)

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
lol, I'm actually planning to!

Get me a good job there and a house with housemates that will support the plasiacade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom