• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW: $1000+ POT BONUS! Expand Gong, Wollongong Major | April 2nd-3rd

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
EXPAND GONG!

Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/962600253834274/
Pre-registration link: https://www.tilt.com/users/uvga/organized (this is mandatory for singles entry!)

Hey gang! Wollongong is having their first major, held at University of Wollongong in Building 11 (trendy lounge / gaming space). Check out their previous gaming events showing the potential of the venue!

WHEN:
  • April 2nd - April 3rd (two day weekend event)
WHERE:
  • University of Wollongong, NSW, 2500. Drive in on Irvine Street, go past the ticket booth, take the first left into the carpark.

FEATURED GAMES:
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U ($400 pot bonus!)
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee ($400 pot bonus!)
  • Street Fighter V ($100 pot bonus!)
  • Mortal Kombat X ($100 pot bonus!)
  • Project M ($100 pot bonus!)
  • and more!
TOURNAMENT ENTRY & COSTS:
  • Venue fee - $20 (covers entry to both days)
  • Tournament entry - $10 per game
  • Pre-registration is now live! THIS IS MANDATORY FOR SINGLES ENTRY. Head here to secure your weekend pass and pay your tournament entry fees: https://www.tilt.com/users/uvga/organized
RULESETS:
  • International-level standard tournament rules apply across all games. Check out our ruleset google doc for specifics!
CAN YOU ASSIST WITH SETUPS OR HOUSING?
  • Head over to this equipment google form if you can bring anything on the day, or post in this thread if you've got a bed/couch/floorspace for friendly gamers to crash on!

Also don't hesitate to ask any questions and I'll assist where I can :)

Last edited:

Ignis Thoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
tasleth653
Hey me and some vic boys are coming down in the legendary iggy mobile and we are looking for housing. We got 4 PR players me, Extra, Duon, Astra and Mar. Is anyone willing to house us? We fine with sleeping on the floor if needed. Can confirm we are good house guests

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Pre-registration for Expand Gong, Wollongong's first two day Smash tournament on April 2nd weekend, is now live! Please ensure you purchase the $20 weekend pass in addition to the events you wish to enter which can consist of:

- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Project M Singles
- Project M Doubles
- Wii U Singles
- Wii U Doubles
- Street Fighter V
- Mortal Kombat X

http://try.tilt.com/uowvga

Last edited:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
BOOM! Pot bonuses just got announced for the event! Bonus money for the following games as stands:

• Sm4sh: $400
  • Melee: $400
  • SFV: $100
  • MKX: $100
  • PM: $100
Get on it!

Last edited:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone assist with housing or setups for this tournament?

I've personally got several experienced Melee players looking for places to stay on the Friday and/or Saturday night, and I know of several Sm4sh players needing shelter too. If you can help out in this department please speak up!

We are also in dire need of setups (TV's and consoles) to allow the tournament to run smoothly. If you can bring along anything, please contribute to this google doc and we will love you 4eva

Last edited:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Hey I am thinking of coming down for this but I might be coming on my own or with some others from vic would there be anyone willing to house me if not all good just thought I would get some knowledge before I make my way on over

Thanks in advance
Baron :yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi2::4yoshi:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Hey I am thinking of coming down for this but I might be coming on my own or with some others from vic would there be anyone willing to house me if not all good just thought I would get some knowledge before I make my way on over

Thanks in advance
Baron :yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi2::4yoshi:
Hey Baron! I'll try and see if something is available for you. What game do you mainly play?

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
No worries, I've sorted a sleeping spot out for you, I'll PM you the address either tonight or tomorrow once the homeowner passes it to me :)
yeh thanks mate at this point I am 50-50 so I will get back to you before hand but its good I have a spot if I do end up goin which I hope I do :)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Full Expand Gong Project M Results

Pool 1
1st. Cunchy
2nd. Dr. D
3rd. Stereo

Pool 2
1st. Lux
2nd. Mad Dog Jono
3rd. Cal

Pool 3
1st. Tyler
2nd. Recordio
3rd. Llamas
4th. Olio

Pool 4
1st. Star
2nd. Ignis
3rd. 4Par
4th. BJSchoey

Pool 5
1st. Ryzuul
2nd. Azza
3rd. Phibzy
4th. MikamiHero

Pool 6
1st. Sora
2nd. Naga
3rd. Binarin
4th. Brad Inglis
Expand Gong PM Singles Top 12
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lux
$192.00
2nd
Star
$96.00
3rd
Cunchy
$32.00
4th
Ryzuul
5th
Sora
5th
Tyler
7th
Dr. D
7th
Azza
9th
Mad Dog Jono
9th
Recordio_
9th
Naga
9th
Ignis
Expand Gong PM Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Fire and Lightning [Cunchy + Lux]
$35.00
2nd
Up Tilt Did Nothing Wrong [Star + Tyler]
$15.00
3rd
Syzuul [Sora + Ryzuul]
4th
Team Big [Dr. D + Mad Dog Jono]
5th
Dragon Eggs [Naga + Llamas]
Expand Gong PM Ganon Cannon
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Sora
2nd
Ryzuul
3rd
Star
4th
Lux
5th
Tyler
5th
Naga
7th
Binarin
7th
Recordio
9th
Azza
Expand Gong PM All Star Random
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Sora
2nd
Lux
3rd
Tyler
4th
Star
5th
Naga
5th
Ryzuul
7th
Binarin
9th
Wright
9th
Azza
9th
Llamas
9th
MikamiHero
13th
Recordio_
13th
Blake
**Please note Grand Finals of All-Star Random wasn't played; Sora is 1st on this bracket as he was in Winners Side for Grand Finals**

I'm currently uploading all the recordings from Pools, Doubles and Bracket; they'll be up tonight. The Ganon and All-Star Tournaments will be up another time. I'll update this post when they're ready.

Overall a fantastic weekend guys, shoutouts to the venue and the Wollongong homies for letting me host Project M at this tournament. Was great to meet new people and see Tyler, Naga and Ignis come up from Melbourne to enter. A great precursor to Project Melbourne 2, see you all there!

EDIT: Singles Playlist is up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom