• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

np 1-2: Fly Fly Fly

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you gotta experiment to find out

but here's a few things

tormentran is **** in this metagame, me, ulti, and sirbedevere are running it and it makes switching A LOT easier

lilibelle is a monster, seriously, it walls so many things it's not even funny, and lilitran is almost an impenetrable wall

so those are probably your top defensive threats to worry about with sharpedo being the top offensive threat

and of course, just watch out for my staraptor, it breaks the game

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait. As I figured our from the Counter Game thread, we didn't make Staraptor Fighting / Flying.

Then what exactly is making the bird so good this time around?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it ***** pretty much any NU to OU poke singlehandedly

oh and if you double switch, the only priority user that beats staraptor is scizor, and it's not guaranteed

it also has amazing synergy with lilitran, being immune to both ground and ghost attacks gives you another switch in, it's a great scout with u-turn, and it's power makes it a ***** to switch into

i dunno, it's a beast in either OU, it's just that SR isn't as prevalent in our metagame so it has a much easier time doing it's job

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
In a metagame where many people are testing NU to OU and putting aside regular OU Pokémon, Staraptor might be good.

Using priority to deal with Staraptor is doing it wrong.

I like to switch my Heatran into Flygons early-game because people just blindly click U-Turn.

Also, Electrode is in OU+, so lotsa Stealth Rock.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think we're going too fast with testing or trying too much with testing

i know we all want to test out new pokes and stuff but it's just not working out as planned

we don't have enough members nor do we have a selected few who just test out the new pokes

we need something to fix this problem

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's still stronger than electrode so it helps more late game (if it lives that long)

but yea, it's still useless

it needs head smash and brave bird to become useful, like seriously gamefreak, how do you give a pokemon rock head and NOTHING to abuse it

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Mood4food I'm way ahead of you on the needing something to truly test the waters. I think we need an OU+ tournament, forcing people into a Play To Win mode. This would truly make people play only truly OU pokemon.

ss118

Smash Master
I would enjoy that. ^^'

I think it would be cool to have a "league", where the idea is to do one 2/3 set per week with a different person each week. If a person falls behind on his duty, they get kicked out of the league.

so if we start out with 16 people, and 6 sets happen the first week with 4 people not doing anything, they all get kicked out and we continue. This means that the more online players continue, and the whole "league" ends when everyone has played each other. The idea could obv use some fleshing out, but I think it's a start.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'd be totally down for that. I've been going on the server for the past few days and not seen anyone, so It'd be awesome to have a specific time to play good people :)

Top Bottom