• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

np 1-2: Fly Fly Fly

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This sorta died.

For the PCT Tiers, we sorta need it to.... not die.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The only way to proceed to stage 1-2 is to have a new batch tested alongside Zook. Also, concluding any tier changes would be necessary as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Next stage of about 20 Pokemon.

[collapse=Changes]Golduck
Trace/Cloud 9
HP to 90 Speed changed to 106, Defense up to 92, special defense to 85, new bst 550
Movepool- Power Gem, Thunder Bolt, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Grass Knot, Aura Sphere, Taunt

Purpose- A pokemon that can counter many differnt pokemon, but not every pokemon at once.
Cloud 9 allows him to stop SandStall and IceStall in its tracks, while Trace allows him to counter many different pokemon successfully such as Machamp, Heatran, GDose, Vaporeon, and many others. Giving its defensive stats a small bost allows it to switch in better amonst many different pokemon, while its increased speed further allows it successfully threaten many pokemon. The movepool additions also increase the number of pokemon he may threaten, and Thunder Wave allows him to be more than a pokemon that simply forces a switch.

Questions to be answered: Is having potent and relevant situational uses enough to bump a pokemon to OU viability?
Does trace do more harm than good to a Pokemon?
Will this Pokemon aid stall, or will it boost offense?

Glalie
- Ice/Dark
Solid Rock/Ice Body
HP- 115
Attack- 134
Defense- 125
Speed- 60
Special Attack- 96
Special Defense- 30

Movepool additions- Rapid Spin Payback Nasty Plot Knock Off Punishment Gravity
Create a Pokemon that is not forced switches by ghost pokemon, and makes ghost pokemon think twice about switching in to block rapid spin.
Using his dark type, and new hefty attack stat, THE EVIL GLALIE proves to be as scary an attacking force as TTar, though lacking the superior typing and bulk of TTar. In relation to Weavile, who shares the same duel typing, Glalie can better handle steel users thanks to his bulk, Filter, Earthquake, and Gravity. However, lacking the speed and access to Pursuit, he can not preform the revenge killer role nearly aptly as Weavile. Using Nasty Plot, Glalie has the potential to run a potent Mixed set for a surprise factor, but to apty do this it must sacrifice its Rapid Spin functionality.

Questions to be answered-
Does this pokemon successfully prevent ghost pokemon from switching in during its rapin spins?
Does this pokemon discourage early set up of entry hazards, and encourage supporting pokemon that set them up instead?
Does this Pokemon's weakness to Stealth Rocks hurt its ability to push away entry hazards?

Marowak-
Arena Trap/Rock Head
Movepool changes- Head Smash

Purpose- To discourage the oversaturation of walls.
Marowak is known for one thing, hitting, and hitting hard. With the highest attack stat in the game from a non-boost, Marowak is a warning to all those who don't want to take a hit. By granting him Arena trap, he attempts to turn otherwise potent walls into setup Material. Blissey is now a desired target, setting up perfectly for an Aligiwak sweep. Though still weak to priority, especially after taking 2 Sesimec tosses to the skull (puns lol), Marowak can potentially wreck an unprepared stall team to pieces. A lot of stall has been added to the metagame as of late, and this is set to level the playing field.

Does this pokemon successfully fullfill its purpose of taking care of pure walls?
Does this pokemon serve as a revenge killer despite its poor speed, lack or priority and bulk?
Does this pokemon aid to the destruction of stall teams?

Dugtrio-
Attack 110

Ninetails
Fire
Magic Guard/Normalize
Hp80 Attack 75 Defense 80 Speed 115 Special Attack 90 Special Defense 100
Movepool changes- Destiny Bond, Wish, Reflect, Light Screen, Baton Pass, Healing Wish, Pursuit, Moon Light, Extreme Speed, Taunt, Swicheroo, Thunder Wave, Superpower, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Transform, Miracle Eye, Future Sight, Skill Swap, Role Play, Psychic, Me First, U-turn, Taunt, Encore

Purpose- Create an unconvential fire pokemon, test its potency.
Ninetails was always a somewhat odd pokemon, held back by a conservative movepool and subpar stats. By aliveating these two, as well as granting it the abilty Magic Guard, we give Ninetails a role not currently filled by Fire pokemon. Though Normal type was originally planned, it was completely inconsequential, did nothing to assist in its goal, and all together hurt more than helped once you begin to crunch the numbers.

Can a fire type aptly preform the roles of supporter, status spreder, and assist?
Does Heatran stop any potential of a Fire Pokemon annoyer?
How does an additional status Pokemon effect the metagame?

Sabelye
Unaware/Clear Body
HP: 90 Attack: 100 Defense: 98 Special Attack: 104 Special Defense: 35 Speed: 108
Movepool additions:
Vacuum Wave Stealth Rock Grass Knot Rock Slide Aura Sphere Ice Beam Ice Shard Recover

Purpose- To take defensive features and attempt to turn them into offensive ones, and to discrouage stat boosters.
With a great defensive typing and abilities, we are attempting to create a Sabelye that can cause be an offensive power house. Using its typing and defensive stat to switch in, and its ability to prevent unwanted damage, Sabelye has the potential to run a very offensive set. However, will the mediocre HP and gastly special defense be enough to discourage defensive sets?

Does this Pokemon effectively fulfill its purpose as an offensive Pokemon using defensive attributes?
Is the Dark/Ghost typing overpowered when not held back by poor stats and ability?
In what way does this pokemon effect the viability of others?

Altaria
Natural Cure, Vital Spirit
HP 100 Attack 70 Defense 104 Speed 116 Special Attack 50 Special Defense 110
Purpose- To test the supporting and defensive capabilities of the Dragon/Flying type.

Adding another cleric to the game seems very necissary amongst the many, many annoyers we have added thus far, from Parafusion Amphy, to the SmashCAP Lilli. However, in an enviroment where Sharpedo discourages the use of Dragons, and where Stealth Rocks are highly present, is it apt to say that this pokemon will still have large trouble fulfilling its roles, even with these buffs?

How does Dragon/Flying stand as a defensive typing?
How does Sharpedo effect the potential of this dragon?
Does the addition of this cleric help to discourage the use of status moves?

Ditto-
Magic Guard
HP 200, Speed 110

Exeggutor
Compound Eyes
95 / 110 / 85 / 95 / 80 / 85
95 / 110 / 85 / 95 / 80 / 85
Will-o-Wisp

Shiftry would become:
Chlor/Vital Spirit
110 Speed, 100 SpA
Wood Hammer, EARTH POWER

Tropious would be:
Cholr/Insomnia
118 Atk 73 Def 102 SpA 78 SpD
Agility, Bounce, Wood Hammer

Pidgeot
Quick Feet/Air Lock
HP: 88
Attack: 127
Defense: 75
SpA 50
Sp.Def: 50
Speed: 110
Flare Blitz, Flame Wheel, Volt Tackle, Spark, Wish

Noctowl
Insomnia/Klutz
HP: 120 Defense: 98, Special Defense: 121
Trick, Wish, Will-O-Wisp, Amnesia, Calm Mind

Farfetch'd
Thick Fat/Water Veil
90/105/75/100/80/90
Power Whip, Water Sport, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Dive, Waterfall, Brave Bird, Surf, Grass Knot

Swellow
HP 110 Defense: 110 Special Attack: 40 Special Defense: 80
Switcheroo, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Faint Attack, Punishment, Night Slash

Fearrow:
Hyper Cutter
Earthquake, Rock Slide

Staraptor:
Vital Throw

Castform:
100/100/100/100/100/100

Ampharos:
Volt Absorb/Quick Feet
Confuse Ray, Trick

Lanturn:
Volt Absorb/Marvel Scale[/collapse]

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, Marowak might actually need a bit of a buff in the attack. Its still very fragile and surprisingly, failed to kill two pokemon on both mine and Silent's team. Using fire punch on weakened Libille did not grant death. Way too early to tell though.

My marowak was running at 224 Attack and a neutral nature by the way.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
lilibelle ***** metagross
i mean, straight up ***** it

yea, marowak still seemed lackluster, it's other stats just aren't good enough

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think this metagame needs a few more changes for lilibelle to really become a force

and hopefully with some of these new changes, she has more partners to help support

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I remember I was theorymonning and it was something like Lilibelle was ridiculous in a Latias metagame, but without her Lili didn't do half as well. I can't remember why though, too tired lol.

Maybe re-introduce Latias to the metagame?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A reintroduction of Latias, SmashCAP 4, and Tauros edits are among the first couple of things we'll need to prepare for in 1-3. Because of that though, we'll limit the amount of other edited Pokemon from NU to OU.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
we all know garchomp is dumb and will **** any metagame we try to accomplish

but i think we should let latias back in and see how it goes, lilibelle should at least check it along with some of the new stuff we add

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

We're going to test Latias in 1-3, and Mence is staying legal unless proven that he is broken.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never said anything about mence...i didn't even mean to imply it

we want to add latias, so we should do it, we have new stuff to play with that could potentially counter latias, keeping it balanced

garchomp will be broken no matter what

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Salamence will contune to stay OU unless there is proof his Uber being.

Latias will be brought down into OU for stage 1-3 for more testing.
I don't exactly know why Mood4Food brought up Garchomp.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
because latias, salamence, and garchomp are the only 3 pokes to actually have been banned in regular play

and since we want to bring latias back, i mention that garchomp should still be banned and should be left untested

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Some further thoughts I had on pokemon yesterday:
Glallie can't switch into ghost, so don't think you've got it easy in the reguard. He can only threaten ghost on the switch. Its also important to note his poor special defense hurts his ability to take hits from Lib and Rotom, but all this does is keep him from switching in. Ice Shard stops Lilli from setting up sub for free.
Sab is great, I really love using him. Thanks to his great defense, special attack, vacume wave, lack of weaknesses and aura sphere, he's a great Sharpedo counter. His weakness is perfect too. Because of it, I was not able to switch in freely against a lot of pokemon, namely Rotoms. There's still a lot to see with him, but I defintly love how he plays now. It is important to note however that he sharply hurts Glallie's potency. A glallie can be run as a lure however running a Nasty Plot set.

Like I've said before, I was amazed at the lack of performance by my Marowak, however I didn't see any of the pokemon he was designed for, so this might be the case.

These were the only pokemon that I've got an accurate feel of yesterday, besides my little core that I'm going to keep hidden for now.

Oh, and Golduck's great too.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Actually I'm fairly certain that Shiftry will be able to stop Rotom once we add SmashCAP 4. A Choice Specs Sab varient is also able to stop Rotom.
Marvel Scale Lanturn is also a wonderful little new addition that works well with intercepting Rotom's will-o-wisp. Lanturn won't really be much of anything however until we buff its defenses. Maybe that's something to consider for 1-3.

On that note, I'd like to say that while we should limit the new pokemon we bring in, I don't think we should limit the revisions to previously worked on pokemon. These changes will be easier to agree upon, discuss, and implement, and will be smaller changes than the revisions to NU and UU pokemon that will be occurring.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i never said anything about mence...i didn't even mean to imply it

we want to add latias, so we should do it, we have new stuff to play with that could potentially counter latias, keeping it balanced

garchomp will be broken no matter what
Do you read other people's posts, or do you just say stuff?
Salamence will continue to stay OU unless there is proof his Uber being.

Also, thanks for the clarification.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i still dont' get what you're getting at

i never said anything about salamence, nothing about banning him or keeping him OU, NOTHING

it was about garchomp and latias

lastly, staraptor is pretty good, as long as SR is off the field, staraptor *****

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wave, while I agree with you on Smogon's decision, I don't think he is broken in the current metagame. With max HP and Defense EVs, running a Defense plus nature, versus a 252 Attack, Adamant Ice Shard from Technician Sharpedo, its an instant OHKO after stealth rock damage. So either you carry a Yache berry, limiting your offense, or you die. Sharpedo is very, very standard these days too, it has a lot of utility outside of killing dragons, it kills a whole **** lot.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wave, while I agree with you on Smogon's decision, I don't think he is broken in the current metagame. With max HP and Defense EVs, running a Defense plus nature, versus a 252 Attack, Adamant Ice Shard from Technician Sharpedo, its an instant OHKO after stealth rock damage. So either you carry a Yache berry, limiting your offense, or you die. Sharpedo is very, very standard these days too, it has a lot of utility outside of killing dragons, it kills a whole **** lot.
I didn't really read your post except for the first sentence. My reaction isn't that I think Mence is OU or Uber, it's that:

1. There is no way to prove Mence's brokenness
2. The closest way anyone has thought of, a panel of voters, said Mence is really, really Uber

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i lied, what i was trying to do is better achieved with jirachi

but my staraptor claim is right, it's ****ing ******

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey guys, since my awsome combos were already seen, let me show you em.

Ninetails Normalize
Perish Song
Skill Swap

Team mates:
any ghost
any arena trapper with protect

So, you hit someone with a perish song, perfirably as you die. You then switch in an Arena trapper and protect them as they die the next turn.
Skill swap is really obvious, but surprisingly effective. You would not believe the ***** I pull with this thing. . . I mean, you would not believe how effective this is. Combined with her speed, Ninetails is able to take super effective hits and brush them off with ease when her opponents attacks become normal. Even more, when pared with a ghost partner, she essentially grants her partner a free switch in. Even if the opponent changes, you still get that free switchin with the ghost of your chosing. When provided with proper team support to get rid of stones, this combo can prove deadily. Put wish on this baby and you've got one powerful core on your hands.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nope

you u-turn away before it gets a chance to attack

remember, you always outspeed rotom
ALWAYS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Cept you're locked into BB, seeing as normally that's your best move.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i usually u-turn unless i know the opponent can't do jack **** against brave bird

i can play around will-o-wisp if i wanted to, it's not a sure fire answer, especially with the hax that goes on in our metagame

i feel like will-o-wisp, stone edge, and fire blast miss A LOT, more than they should

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i usually u-turn unless i know the opponent can't do jack **** against brave bird

i can play around will-o-wisp if i wanted to, it's not a sure fire answer, especially with the hax that goes on in our metagame

i feel like will-o-wisp, stone edge, and fire blast miss A LOT, more than they should
CRASHiC: Ninetales burns you, *****
mood4food: I use U-Turn on a defensive Fire-type. Also, Will-o-Wisp has 25% accuracy.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm saying it's not reliable, and out metagame makes it feel like it has 25% (well, at least that's how stone edge feels)

i would never switch staraptor into ninetails mindlessly, that's what heatran can be used for, but staraptor can help with playing around will-o-wisp, like double switching into ninetails

i exagerrated a bit since my staraptor is better than everyone elses and it would work cause of stupid hax shenanigans that always work in his favor (there's a reason ulti hates my staraptor and ONLY my staraptor), but really, if staraptor double switches into ninetails on perish song and you try to trap him, it doesn't work

Top Bottom