• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
It's Kirby for me, followed by King Dedede. A lot of the Kirby games are fun, and it's always funny to see people surprized when they lose to him.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede is my favorite main. I always liked King Dedede from the Kirby games and he is a heavyweight with an awesome aerial game. He is very powerful on the ground and his chain grab is so fun to do, especially with the animation it has (sitting on top of someone).

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
I'm so **** good with ROB. However my favorite characters are King DDD and Kirby. I've been playing with everyone lately and i really like how everyone has their own strengths in a way. King DDD is super fun to play with. I was such a big Kirby fan on 64 and i'm glad he's back and better than ever. I also like fox, DD kong, falco and Wario!!

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is the character I find the most ease in winning with but I plan on maining Snake because of his use of explosives and the fun I tend to have when ever I hear my friends say "WTH how did I explode!?"

chubas

Smash Apprentice
PTrainer. The threesome for equal. I like the fact there are three characters in one, some people just fail to see how can this be good.
And R.O.B., I like when people say 'how can that **** chair fly around and kill me?'
Other chars: DDD, Zamus, Marth

SquallLion90

Smash Rookie
Mine is Zelda, because Din's Fire and Lightning Kick own. Plus, her black outfit is awesome (duh) and I like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess incarnation the most. I also use D3, Wolf, Snake, Toon Link, Link, and Ganondorf sometimes and I'm trying to learn how to play a good Sonic.

xOPTIMUSxChadx

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon is my main. I just like the way he moves and the combos that you can link together in mid air. Once you really bond with him it's easy to win and destroy anyone.

Naxxun

Smash Rookie
definitely Toon Link : ) I really like his style and my main reason of maining him is just the fact that a friend of mine is a really good smash player and i was never really able to beat him since the first smash game came out in 1999, but with toon link it was kind of easy actually oO

second favorite would probably be fox

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
its a tough choice between toon link, meta knight, and wolf for me. i'm more of a guy who can only play charectors medium-fast attacks(for example falco is already too fast for me, and lucas's specials and smashes are pretty slow for me).
Toon Link: a charector with perfect medium-fast attacks/specials/smashes. he's faster than link, and i don't think his speed makes it up, his attacks are pretty strong. i can only play him in 1-on-1 duels otherwise i just can't get the hang of 3 people going after my poor little kid :chuckle:
Meta Knight: i started playing him(along with pit, but i lost my skill with pit now) waaaay in the beggining when i got the game. even though he suffers having no range attacks, his nice spinny specials, quick slices, and wings balance it out. i think i'm just really used to playing him. i can play with meta knight in a duel or a 4-player brawl, i just slice'n'dice
Wolf: in melee, i played with mostly falco/fox(back in the day they were slower). and in brawl, wolf has pretty much the same attacks and power. besides, he's one fo the stronger charectors. he also has the perfect attack speed for me. i usually use wolf in a 4-player brawl due to most of his attacks making area damage, in duel i just keep on missing my enemy:mad:

in the end, i voted for wolf because today i beat event 41 with him on normal today:bee:

JiggMaster

Smash Rookie
Depends on my mood, lately I've been using lucas but kirby, jigglypuff, ice climbers and Dedede are all up there.

A_man13

Smash Master
My mains are as follows:

Toon Link: Link was lackluster in previous games; great abilities yet poor speed. With the arival of brawl, Toon link is an improvement of the original; great range of attacks, surprising power, Airial domination, and surprising speed for one with a football head. TL is who I start every set of matches with and usually stick with him for a while.

Ness: I have to be one of the only people out there that like the original PK kid. Ness was my main back in Melee and was the first person I wanted to try when I got brawl. Ness has a tremendous amount of power, in addition to great throws, spamable projectiles, and one of the best aerials in the game (bair a week foe is an almost gueranteed KO). Ness tends to be second up and most consider my ness game my best.

Wolf: Usually don't bring Wolf in combat often, but he is a nightmare in the right cases. Spamable projectile, a potent sweetspot move, FSmash and Ftilt both powerful weapons, and a good aeiral player. Wolf, for me, is usually the last few matches in a set if Lucario or my more casual mains are out first.

In the end, I voted for Tlink.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
Jiggz= teh pwnage. WOP, LBRC, dair>rest, edge grab canceled sing, yeah top tier on my list.
Mario= a classic. Superman Combo, sweetspotted fludd, ACE, his fireball in general, almost infinite combos, high tier on my list.

redzoneNRG

Smash Cadet
Right now I find myself maining as Lucas... I think of him as a more stylized Ness when I first picked him ( gotta love the hair ). Otherwise , King Dedede is my other favorite new character. Just loads of fun to play as. Marth,Jigglypuff,Samus[ not zero suit ] also rank up there.

Arkhn

Smash Rookie
Bowser definitly.

Nothing like KOing medium-weighted char at ~50%.

Wolf is **** good too, i love his ground game, and his air game is also very good.

Nemosrevenge

Smash Rookie
I have actually 2 mains, i main ike in more than 1v1 matches and i main wolf otherwise. im sorry sugar but dont worry im not tourney ready

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario because I've always used him, and because of his incredible versatility.

*More Mario mains!*

HowlAtTheMoon

Smash Rookie
Does anyone think that this list is still accurate? I know a lot of people change out their mains and could have changed since the creation of this topic. Or do you all think it's still pretty close?
For instance is Falco really that low a % I thought he was considered pretty good?

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
im zero suit samus (who i voted for) then wario

i feel alot more comfortable playing as Zamus, and feel i will do better in tournements with her

but wario is so much fricken fun to play with. that incredible DI he has, and the fact that he is a noob resistant charecter (you cant be a noob and play wario even halfway alright, you have to know how to use him, you cant just pick him up and be good, sort of like olimar IMO) and that winning pose thing he has at the end of the match where he fall on his back laughing is the greatest, especialy when you when with an atomic fart kill

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight. I just love swords, and Meta Knight just strikes me as cool. His amazing speed and aerial game doesn't hurt, either.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I had plans to main metaknight when I first go the game, but he ended up second best to my new main Lucas :p

It's just so simple to kill with him. Spam PK fire, F-tilt and Dsmash for when they get too close, and then send 'em to hell with PK-Usmash

IC3R

Smash Lord
My main is Kirby.

Why?

Because he sucks...get it?

Nah, he got extremely improved this game: 1. He's faster on the ground, 2. His Aerial Hammer is now a quick two-hit power attack, 3. His grounded Hammer is quicker, and even more powerful, 4. He has the coolest roles in The Subspace Emmisary (he saves a princess, and rescues like half the Smash Warriors from eternal trophification!), 5. He's just the cutest little thing you've ever seen!

KAWAII DESU!!!!!!

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Marth used to be my main online but his counter and smash A was useless because of lag. so i picked my second, Wolf. some people (including me) think hes cheap cause his foward smash is one of the quickest smashes and to add to that, he thsusts foward on u. His blaster although slow is effective at keeping distance and his Side B is an awsome recovery and a meteor. to top tha all of he is Heavy and fast at the same time. Thats why i main Wolf now.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I think this chart overestimate Pit because most players only use pit at the beginning, but tend to change later on.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
My favorite character to use is Ganondorf. Everytime I hit an opponent, it just feels so good. :] Plus, flame choke is very fun to mess around with. I'm glad I'm better with him this game than in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom