• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSSamus

Smash Apprentice
I'm disgusted with all those Pit votes. *facepalm*

I have two mains. Zero Suit Samus and Toon Link.

I use Zero Suit Samus because after they nerfed my Samus, my old favorite, I figured ZSS was the next best thing. The controls nicely has good Specials. Her melee is on the weak side but it's fast and easy to use in and out of combos. She has a good Spike attack and her Whip destroys Link's hook shot any day.

As for Toon Link, I must admit, he's godly. I believe aside from ZSS and the horribly unbalanced Snake, he's the best. He has almost as much power as Link but with insane speed.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Sonic because I've loved most of his games( but shadow game and 360 game = destruction of franchise)

And even though he is among the toughest characters to learn and not exactly a super great fighter in general. He can be an anoying,frustrating pain in the rear in a master's hands. :chuckle:

I'm working hard to become one of those masters someday.

ZSSamus

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised Bowser and Jigglypuff have the least votes. Jiggypuff is great in 3 or 4 man FFA's and so is Bowser. :\

firestorm94

Smash Rookie
i like using ike mostly, he's super strong and i always get the smash ball with him
pit is second as my light, fast character
lucario is third as another moderately strong fighter
lucas as my ranged character

KingRico23

Smash Rookie
My main atm is Sheik. It took me a good while to get over how nerfed she was but now I can used her to very efficiently now. Before that I used T. Link and King Dedede. *d-throws FTW* lol So in order my characters are:

1. Sheik/Zelda
2. Toon Link
3. King Dedede

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
I voted Toon Link. :toonlink:
I mained Link since ssb64, but now I like Toon Link's playstyle more.
So, my mains are Toon Link:toonlink:,Link:link2: and Ike:ike:

Hikki

Smash Rookie
Well, recently the characters I'm using the most are Meta Knight and King D3, the first because of his speed, priority and good combos, and D3 because of his great aerials and some other attacks such as the Waddle Dee Toss and F-Tilt, but recently I have been starting to play more with Wolf and Snake, and I'll probally end up maining all these four characters.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I main pikmin and olimar, and secondary toon link.

I love pikmin and olimar because his aerials are really good, and he has a really good spike. I also his hyphen smash is ridiculous, along with his up air, and up tilt. I find him very enjoyable, but against projectile spammers on flat levels he isn't very good, so against noobs i usually play toon link. Both of these characters are really standing out for me.

Ark098

Smash Cadet
link. switching to Tlink is a cop out if you call urself a link fanboy. link is definitely cooler. other than that id say its because hes heaps of fun to play. much like samus (in funness, not playstyle).

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Here's my impressions:

Mario - Seems to be a bit better in Brawl than Melee.

Luigi - Seems to have not changed much.

Peach - She seems to be slower, but more powerful.

Bowser - Wow, he's been buffed. So much power!

Donkey Kong - Same as Melee, methinks.

Diddy Kong - Hmm. His FS is pretty good, when it hits someone.

Wario - Can't say. Never played him, never really battled him... I don't like getting chewed on.

Pit - He's pretty good. His up-B (Wings of Icarus) is a good recovery move. The only thing? His FS. Whenever I'M playing him, it never hits much. >_>

Ike - AWESOME. He's slow, but dang he's powerful!

Samus - She's ok when in her power suit, but when she's out of it, she's pretty weak.

Snake - He's strong, but I have a hard time playing him. Heck, I have a hard time playing any slow-ish characters.

Pokemon Trainer - Pretty good. FS is wonderful.

Meta Knight - He's decent. His FS isn't that powerful; it seems like they decided to make it more dramatic and less powerful.

King Dedede - I'm not too sure about him. His FS is pretty good though.

Olimar - He's too weak for me.

Ness - He seems to have been buffed up a bit. I think he's more powerful than in Melee.

Lucas - He's slow, but he's okay.

Sonic - I've never played him, but his FS is pretty powerful from what I've seen.

Link - He's probably the same as Melee.

Kirby - I think he, too, has not changed much.

Pikachu - That FS of his is amazing!

Fox - He's about the same as Melee from what I can tell.

Yoshi - His FS hurts. Badly. Other than that, I can't tell.

Ice Climbers - Same as Melee.

Zelda - She's pretty good. I'm not sure how much she's changed.

Sheik - Same as Zelda.

Marth - He's been slowed down a little, but that FS of his... wow. Even an opponent at 0% damage cannot escape a KO if it hits them!

Falco - He's been buffed up as well. His reflector technique bugs me, though.

C. Falcon - His FS is love. Cinematic attacks FTW!

Lucario - Too slow for me to play easily.

ROB - Um. I don't like his FS. For one, it's easy to dodge (usually), and two, it's just not... flashy enough.

Ganondorf - He's wayyy too slow for me to play him.

G&W - He's pretty much the same as Melee.

Jigglypuff - Same as Melee, only this time, she has an FS. A pretty easy one to dodge, too...

Toon Link - Never played him, never truly battled him. I don't like his face. xD;

Wolf - He's okay. Pretty powerful, but also pretty slow. I like his howl-taunt, though.

flyingemus

Smash Rookie
Wigi's always been my favorite character in every Mario game, I've played as him in every SSB since I unlocked him in SSB64. And he's just as good as in Brawl.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
My favorite is Zelda... I loathed her in Melee, but this time around, she can really stand her ground. Mind you, I mained as Sheik in Melee, but Sheik is worthless for ME now. I've seen awesome players use her, though. Tied with Zelda, I'm liking ZS Samus because she feels more like Melee's Sheik than Brawl's Sheik does.... to me, anyway.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
Zero Suit Samus may be fairly weak, but she makes up for that with amazing speed, good attack range, plenty of combo opportunities, and great midair/smash attacks. Now, I'd rather have speed over power, especially when most of the time you're trying to avoid getting hit. Besides, it's easy to get lots of attacks in when you're that agile.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
Ike? lololololoolololololololol, Only n00bs main Ike.
Naaaw, that's not true at all. :) My fiance mains Ike, actually. He's very, very good with him. If somebody puts a good amount of practice in, they can do well with any character.

mallows

Smash Rookie
The first ever video game that i ever played when i was a child and that has gotten me addicted to games ever since is the Mario bros. So my favorite will be Mario... :)

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
Falco all the way. Hes such a beast with combos and I love his new shine. Plus, nothing is more satisfying than a swift DAIR right of the edge of final destination =D

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Snake is just like I imagined--physically strong, but relies mostly on strategy and mindgames to be an effective fighter. I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to invest in him, as I've already decided to use Olimar, but he seems like he could be incredibly deadly in the hands of a crafty player.

ROB is a pretty heavy character, isn't he? And unlike G&W, it looks like he has amazing range and priority on his attacks, as well as a ridiculous (but slightly risky) recovery. Against him I feel like you'd definitely need to put the pressure on him from the get-go, in order to prevent him from using his ranged attacks and charging his moves. I have a friend who's already bent on maining him, so hopefully I can figure him out soon.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Snake.

My playstle for Melee evolved around patience, luring with projectiles, and LONG combo strings. I was a Link main, and he's not exactly the fasted character in Melee (which I prefer).

The transition from Link in Melee to Snake in Brawl felt so right I had to main him. Plenty of projectiles and relatively slow with powerful moves.

All my friends agree. Brawl was tailormade for me, heh.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Pit. I think Arrow Looping settled my debate on a main. I don't really understand why, but he's just so fun to play.

JewieBud

Smash Cadet
When I first saw Wolf, he looked the most exciting to play to me. But now after playing around with all the characters...he still is. God I love him. Just his badass style, his multi-hit smashes, the satisfaction of sweetspotting that side-B and KOing someone...it's incredible. <3 Wolf

I used Falco in Melee, and I still use him occasionally now in Brawl, too. He really is a LOT different, but still fun.

Also Pit, Lucas, and Marth are fun to play as. Pit because he has tons of jumps and can slash you up like a mother****er, Lucas because he's got a ****ing psychic bicycle kick for a bair, and Marth because he's...Marth.

I plan on picking up Sonic soon, too. Here is what it looks like my top-used characters is gonna finalize out to:

1) Wolf
2) Falco
3) Pit
4) Sonic
5) Marth
seeing as i live in europe and the **** game isn't out here yet(one more month!!!!) i havent gotten a chance to try him but ever since i saw him i have LOOOOOOOVED wolf.... my main has always been fox but i always felt like he missed a little something.... WOLF!!! after wolf i fell in love with pit to!! so im guessing wolf will be my main... but form what i hear some chars can take a hold of u

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
1. Falco
2. Meta Knight
3. Wolf
4. Luigi
5. Kirby
6. R.O.B.
7. Snake
8. Pikachu
9. Lucas
10. Fox(could have been 1, but because he got weaker. :dizzy:)
11. King Dedede
12. Bowser
13. Ivysaur(Up-Smash=Killer Move)
14. Zelda
15. Charizard
16. Zero Suit Samus
17. Lucario
18. Squirtle
19. Donkey Kong
20. Diddy Kong
21. Wario(lack of range is what turns me off)
22. Ike
23. Sheik
24. Pit
25. Link
26. Mr. Game and Watch
27. Yoshi
28. Toon Link(could have been better with him, but I don't use him much)
29. Mario
30. Olimar(read Toon Link)
31. Ice Climbers(read Toon Link)
32. Jigglypuff
33. Ganondorf
34. Captain Falcon(was my 4th main in melee, but he got slower and weaker)
35. Samus
36. Ness
37. Marth(always hated him, always will)
38. Sonic(his "I'm so awsome attitude" is very annoying and he only got a spin dash, and his games suck these days)
39. Peach

That took sometime.....

Some good players are in the lower parts yes.. thats because I don't play with them a lot and some medium players like Ivysaur I'm good with that I use a lot

spartainiaman

Smash Rookie
captain falcon all the way!
lol the game isnt even out in Australia yet and no matter how much captain falcon is nerfed, he will still be my fav :)

Browny

Smash Hater
Before the game came out, i planned on maining

1- Pit
2- Wolf
3- Sonic
4- Ness
5- Lucario

but now its more like

1- Lucario
2- Sonic
3- Ness
4- Toon Link
5- Zelda

Pits voice makes me emo, and wolf seems to have no 'meta-game', i find myself winning more with wolf when i spam the entire game. Toon link is awesome, i loved WW and his bombs are just too cool. Zelda creeps in to #5 cause of her ridiculous buffs, and her new appearance is far better than the melee one

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What I though~
Lucario
Wolf
Fox
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Sheik

What happened~
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Dedede
ZSS
Ice Climbers
Metaknight
Lucario

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I prefer Ice Climbers. If they weren't an option, I'd have a tough descision between Peach, Toon Link and Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom