• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

RayCharles

Smash Rookie
So who's down for some smash practice in Halifax? I've been looking for this thread all of my life.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
I was super surprised when I stumbled apon the SmashBrosHalifax/SmashBrosNovaScotia youtube channel a while back, as I honestly thought there would be a non-existent competitive scene around here. Also, I know the Facebook group is more active, I'll join that in a bit, after I make a new account. (Deleted my old account since I found FB useless) I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and heading up to Halifax for a tournament eventually. (I would sooner but i'm not that confident in my technical skill just yet)

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Hey, I'm from Weymouth. Anybody else live around this area? I've been trying to get Smash more popular in the area but so far only a small handful of friends have gotten into it. I can't afford to travel to the city much otherwise I'd be up there every week or something.

Croi

Smash Lord
Sorry for the roundabout answer, but we've all migrated to Facebook. You can join our group here and you'll get a much clearer answer much more expediently.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Sorry for the roundabout answer, but we've all migrated to Facebook. You can join our group here and you'll get a much clearer answer much more expediently.
I actually have posted in the NS group before but never heard from anybody. I guess there just isn't a scene in my part of the province or something.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey nova scotia thread, long time no see.

What smash are the kids playing in Hali these days?
Right now it's either Melee or Smash 4, and both scenes are strong.

There's also PM and 64 events, but they're less popular than the other two. Brawl Doubles is occasionally had as a side event for old times' sake.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Stoked to hear you guys are doing so well. I might have to come out to an event sometime.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Oh yeah, this still exists. It's not dead yet Zhao! It's more of a memorial and a guidepost now : P

Spaceman_Spiff!, long time indeed. Do any of you old Melee guys have Smash4? Dom, Hugh, Rob, I actually stayed in touch with Zach.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
This thread IS memory lane ; )Melee and Smash 4 are super popular. Any of the old dogs should make it out to some events sometime.Or play Melee Netplay with me ; )

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
To be honest i haven't even seen smash 4 gameplay footage, much less played the game. I basically haven't checked in on the scene in a few year, but got the urge to recently and can hardly believe where the meta is at now.

Anyway, i just dusted off my 'cube and ordered a controller, so i'm going to try to start again. Got to pick a nice slow char for my old man hands though.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Someone told me you guys have a tourney planned for the weekend of Feb 21st and you've gotta pre reg.

If so and this reaches the right people, I want to sign up.

Melee single and doubles

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey there, looking into getting into the Tournament scene in NS, I know probably 6 or 7 people who would join up... wondering when you guys are planning on a tourney? Is there a simple way I can get this information?

Got about 7 of us in the Bedford area that'd join up.

I play Marth/Toon Link

Others are

ZSS/ROB
Olimar/Fox
GW/Diddy
Snake/Ganon
Pit/Falco
Wolf/Zelda

Anyway, the bunch of us are interested, so contact me and I'd love to help set something up.
Mine too, way back in Feb '09.

I might've posted in the Marth boards or something first, but this is damn close to the beginning.

Last edited:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Gotta hand it to you Zhao, you sir, are pro. You absolutely WRECKED me in the first round. Just my luck getting pitted against you, eh? Ah well, came fourth, had tons of fun. I'll mo' def be at the next one.
AND RAZIEK'S SMASH CAREER WAS BORN!

Shout-outs to making 16-year old Zhao blush ;)

Melansjf

Smash Rookie
Anybody here a Valley boy/girl??? Need to practice some melee. ****kicking my Brothers only goes so far...
Gone are the days when I could ask literally anybody I knew had a GameCube controller, and when all seemed lost, I found this thread.
Falco Main
I can wavedash when I'm playing alone, but find it hard to implement in game, but I can short hop lazer consistently and SHFFL decently.

I'm really looking for someone to train me to the point of eventual succession, which leads to envy and later resentment towards the pupil a bit down the road.

Melansjf

Smash Rookie
Why would Facebook kill this? We can keep our anonymity on this site.
I for one don't want people to know that my name is Jacob Melanson, and that I live in Kentville.

Top Bottom