• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I probably would've done the same had I just been devestated by Luigi.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
well..depends on what happens next week. i have a job interview on tuesady, just came up today. i think he said id only start at the end of the month so i might be able to go up next week. i'm not doing anything right now so im free to go up. when were you planning to get together? i could go up at any time really. yes i live in cape breton, its a 3 hour drive

ill start practising now, havn't played seriously in about 3 months. i saw an announcement on tv that the new smash bros game on wii can be played with 4 different types of controllers. wii remote, with nunchuk, classic controller, and GC controller. is anybody else getting the Wii and the new smash. i know i am..should be interesting. i dont know if i like huge super moves tho, depends on how they play out. would it be possible to dodge/counter it?

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Yeah , I'm hoping to get Brawl too.

As for next week, It's pretty much off for me. My dad won't let me go to anyones house unless he knows them or its a tournament with at least 10 other people.

Could we set up a tournament somewhere?
I really want to fight some good players.

SSJ2Link, did you evr set one up before? Any Idea where we could hold one at? If we could set a place and time I can get some people to come...

We can post It on the tournament disscussion board and people would see it more.

Either way, I want to set up a **** tourney.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
My house will be open to play on next weekend (June 23,24), or the weekend after that, or the weekend ater that or until the starts align themsevles perfectly with the sun and through the infinite odds enough people are able to play Smash on the same day .

Pey

Smash Apprentice
So Kevin, syko_lemming isn't showing. How about I drive up to where yous are? I'd probably need directions although I know the area leading up to there well.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Give me a list of days you can come . I though u had this worked out???

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
i found a group on facebook for halifax smashers, there's 14 ppl in it, but only 3 actually posted anything. looks like they'r organizing a tournament, but there's no date. so its really just a couple extra players for this group to play against. i think the best bet is to talk to the ppl at Intencity(gaming place in Halifax) and get a tournament organized there. maybe within a month's time... who still see's this?!

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this is the guy from the Halifax Facebook group... yeah, there are 14 members, but most of them are casuals. However, I can think of at least 3 that are good and are into competitive play, and 2 others that are getting up there.

I've been wanting to host a tournament at my own place for awhile, but now I'm thinking I could organize one at Intencity if they're into that sort of thing. I'm going to either call them or swing by and talk to someone today, since I'm off, and see what they have to say.

Smash will return to Halifax!! But besides that, if anyone wants to come over for friendlies, email me at justinmwiles(at)gmail(dot)com, and I'll let you know when my next day off is :p

EDIT

August 11th is the date for the Tournament at IntenCity. visit the facebook group here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341

We're discussing rules there for a short time before they're set in stone and I call the guy in charge and things get rolling! If you want though, I can post the rules here. Let me know.

Naraku

Smash Cadet
I am an NS smasher!!! don't know if I would ever get to play with any of you guys -.- I live around New Glasgow, Stellarton, Alma and Westville.

Is there any hope for me?

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
OK guys, I'll be coming to the tournament for sure, but I can't get back on the computer for a week or so. (I'm on a internet cafe right now.)

Hope to see some good players there!

EDIT: Btw, I might be able to bring a couple of worthy opponents, 2-3 I hope.

Animus45

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm back in Halifax.
I'm down to play smash anytime, let me know if you wanna get together.
I'm in on this tournament too

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Yay Animus!

Just gimme your tag and an email or something... like, is it ANIM or what?

Also, I'll probably have a friendly smash (like, just 3 or 4 people) sometime before the tournament... you should definitely come over.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Yay Animus!

Just gimme your tag and an email or something... like, is it ANIM or what?

Also, I'll probably have a friendly smash (like, just 3 or 4 people) sometime before the tournament... you should definitely come over.
The domestic overseers won't let me go over to anyone's house untill we meet at the tourney, so I'd have to be after that(for me), if we met at the tourney.

lilindian

Smash Rookie
alright so here's the deal. at this point i think i will be back in time for the tourney on the 18th. just gotta clear it with some ppl down here. If so Kev, i might need a ride from New glasgow again. i'll let u know once i find out for sure.

Animus45

Smash Rookie
Justin, I'd love to get together for some smash before or after the tourny anytime. I'm not working next Thursday or Friday and have no plans, if there's no other place to go I could probably have a few guys over to my place if either of those days works for you. This invitation goes out to anyone around too.
-Hugh

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
That sounds pretty rockin', so I'll definitely consider it. Lately, my friend Will and I have been having Smashes on Sunday evening (we both work in the mall and get off around 5-ish). I'll have to get back to you on my work schedule, but that would be awesome.

Would Sunday evening work for you? What's your current occupation anyway? Heheh.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I'm moving to Halifax soon... But I don't know when. I have no idea how old you are though. I'm 14 and yeah.. I like to play people my age because it's fun... Also I am good with Ice Climbers, Ness, Pikachu and Kirby. My favourite stages are Hyrule Temple, Final Destination and Battlefield. :D Hi by the way.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Sounds cool, man.

Animus, I'm off next Friday. Can you say SMASH!? Where do you live? I'll try to bring some of my posse, BYOC, et cetera... !

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
There's no tournaments or anything like that in Sudbury... Very stupid and stuff... I really want to face actual good people instead of my friends who think they're good but are foolish noobs lol... :(

lilindian

Smash Rookie
what are ppl doing the night before the tourney? if there's enough intrest maybe we could have a lil smashfest with friendlies and money matches somewhere?

Pey

Smash Apprentice
a little unofficial teams tourny anyone ?

id offer my place although its way fuct out where nobody can get to it.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
If we don't have time for teams at the tourney, there's definitely signs of people wanting teams... we'll definitely have one in early September, or maybe even the weekend after if everyone's down, haha.

Top Bottom