• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Probably some more cash prizes for teams. If this tourney runs smooth there's no reason I can't set up a team tourney.

When (and I should add, if) we start Bi-Weeklies, there may not be big cash prizes, but it would only cost like, 5 bucks to go smash.

lilindian

Smash Rookie
i dont think i could make it all the way down to hali all that often. i would try to make it down every now and then for big events and just to smash.

lilindian

Smash Rookie
Hey syko, I know we never played together but would you be willing to be my teams partner if we have the tourney? I like you style of play.

On another note would it be ok if i had 2 spectators come? they wouldnt stick around the whole time and the might not even show up at all. i just want to clear it first.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Yes I may try to bring one person as well who might play although if there's 32 ppl in intencity it will be hard to even have the staff there.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Lilindian, I don't think it's a problem. Is there any way you could just bring one? If they don't stick around the whole time that does help though...

Pey, I think that's okay. There may be no-shows, so, that would be good. Just make sure he understands that if everyone shows, he won't be able to play.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Hey syko, I know we never played together but would you be willing to be my teams partner if we have the tourney? I like you style of play.

On another note would it be ok if i had 2 spectators come? they wouldnt stick around the whole time and the might not even show up at all. i just want to clear it first.
I'll definately consider it. Do you have any videos?
I'd like to see your style of play so that I know how you play before we team, so I can adjust to a new style and be ready for a fight.

lilindian

Smash Rookie
i dont but i can make some with my friends today. I think you'll enjoy what you see. I'll see again about my friends that kind of plan on coming. i want them to show up but its ok if they dont. They'll probably just trsh talk me the whole time. What are friends for?

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
heh, just say yes Syko. his battle power is incredible....ill be ready for you next time :D

J

Jared_14

I'm new to the site and from Nova Scotia. Do you guys know of any tournaments coming up close to New Glasgow? Anywhere in the province is fine. I saw one, but it seems to have filled up.

D

Dagger_Kirby

New to the site. I'm from that little Long Island in Nova Scotia, where the nearest place is Digby and Halifax is atleast a 5 hour drive. Any tournies around where I am?

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Dagger, there's a crew of Smashers in Liverpool NS, just a wee bit south of you. But alot of them will be back in the city come September.

And Jared, there will be more Tournies coming in Halifax. Stay tuned.

D

Dagger_Kirby

Hum...now that I know where, anybody have any idea how? I go into Digby once a month for groceries, and I'm usually with my parents. So, sohuld I convince them, or sneak in?

Pey

Smash Apprentice
We've got vids of Ryan, Rob, Max, JSHT, LAMB, 2112, 1337, Vic, PYRO/PIRO, UNCO, SVEN, BROD, ROCK, JOE, MAC, MAL, JMW, GRIZ and quite a few others, and then some more hwo didn't enter a name. Man... there are some good games that were recorded. Does anyone have requests on what they want uploaded?

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see my matches (of course, heh)... there aren't many. If you got them all there are just 5.

I'd also like to see some of...

MAV vs VIC
MAC vs RYAN
JOE vs BROD (when I looked over after these matches, BROD looked like he was about to cry, haha, I'm curious as to why)
PAT vs ZACH
MAX vs PIRO

Well, those are my picks right now. I really want to see them all, eventually!

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I'd like to see the ones where I lost especially.(LAMB vs VIC/LAMB vs ZACH) And LAMB vs RYAN

Others I'd liek to see:
MAX vs PIRO
JOE vs VIC
VIC vs ZACH
any of MAX, 2112, VIC, or ZACH.

How's about the best ones at first.

But yeah, I'd really like to see all of them in the end.:)

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Oh, also, I want everyone to give me their opinion on Bi-Weeklies, and what expect and want from them. Even if you live out of town, I want your opinion.

Zach, if you're talking to your crew any time soon, you should pass it on, I would be grateful! Oh yes!

Right now it's looking it looks like we might be going back to IntenCity for bi-weeklies, but there's a strong opinion that we should try to hold it at someone's house so we don't have to pay. Personally, I'm hesitant to do the hosting. Can anyone else step up?

Pey

Smash Apprentice
i guess i'll upload them all when i go to hughs... if there is a vid you want to see we probably dont have it lol. 10 bux for intencity.. thats a lot.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Well, for me, ten bucks every two weeks is pocketchange. If they're letting us play for 4+ hours, then it's even better. I realize another problem is that there probably won't be a prize... except maybe the top 3 can come to the next bi-weekly for free, perhaps? A small incentive, but not a prize. Personally, I don't care about a prize, I just want to smash.

Unless we host it at someone's house, we'll have to pay for a spot. To be honest, right now, IntenCity is the only place I know of that we could go to, so if anyone else knows a spot that might take us in for a night at a lower fee, I want to know! As it is, I'm not that fond of the IntenCity people... they barely helped at all to set up HellaSmashed. We got 3 TVs from them and pizza. They got a 50% cut. Needless to say, they were very happy with me, and I was left pretty unimpressed.

Bottom line is, I don't really care where, I just can't host 12+ people at my place every two weeks. But I also don't want to have someone host it that's going to bail last minute and leave everyone high and dry... and on their way to IntenCity after all :p

Pey

Smash Apprentice
i think bi-weekly is an awesome idea... prize is not important to me.... paying $10 for intencity sucks although its a cool spot , like you said it is convenient and at known location ... io offer my place iif there is interest in bi-weekly.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
didnt know there was a bi-weekly. Been away for a bit so iv probably missed out on the news

Pey

Smash Apprentice

Maverick

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty confused as of why there's not a single video of me or nizbel...That really sucks. Do Halifaxers hate N-B or something lol

Top Bottom