• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Pey

Smash Apprentice
No definitely don't hate NBers. I'll check if there are any friendlies with u guys, if yall used a tag that would make it easier. There is no Max vs Pyro.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
yeah, we don't hate anyone from NB, but I think a lot of ppl didn't get in videos, I would have thought you would have been in one though.

oh well. will you guys be at the Bi-weekly? or is that gonna be too far for you.

I want to see some crazy shine dashing here.

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Yea me and PIRO were on TV 4, which I believe didn't tape anything from my understanding... too bad, that was the finals and semi's as well... Next tournament we'll have to plan a little better with the match taping if we do I guess. Definitely gonna check these vids out though!

Nizbel

Smash Rookie
TV 4 didn't tape? that must be why my double sword pull was lost, I really wanted to see that again.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
We should have had a tape from 4, even if it only recorded a few matches... someone must have set it up wrong, or the VCR was just plain broken (most likely scenario).

Pey

Smash Apprentice
I have the tape and whoever did the VCR failed big time. Anyway sucks about Intencity, but maybe good will come out of it. I'll have a tournament at my place this weekend only, course all you guys would have to come. ANd on the plus side I added the rest of the Hellasmashed vids from Intencity, so go watch them now.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
hey whats up, this is my first post, but more importantly whats everyone doing sunday?
i posted on the facebook group page that my house is open for smash games if interest is high enough and if justin isn't having people at his place instead.

NoSurprises

Smash Cadet
Hey peeps, me and my buddy just found this site. we both reside in Halifax, where we find the tournament listings? We'd probably get ***** quicker then a white girl in compton, but we'd like to try

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Lol Nosurprises, I saw before you edited it.

Anyway, Justin I think was planning on another tourney soon, but I haven't heard anything lately about it. He did mention it would be around the end of october, so here's hopping.

Btw, I plan to get first or second in this one.:flame: I'm comming for Vic.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
results?????

http://www.fragforcancer.ca/
It shows the top 3 for halo and smash. They didn't show all the rankings. Also I got kicked out for no apparent reason(I won both matches, but they marked my second one as a loss). Justin and my friend jesse also had there games screwed up, and the power went out for an hour or so. Halo got delayed 'til 11:00.

I beat the guy that got 1st, but because I was magicaly expelled, it doesn't show it on the website.

Other than that, it was fun, and there was actualy some good competition.
Zach, you should have come!

Edit: Oh yeah, Max is getting so much better. We had a friendly and it was the best match I've had in a while. ...the Doc is deadly.

L

Lord Vaati

Hey, I'm new around here and I'm looking to get into tournament play. (Finally, after 5 or 6 years. -.-)

Is anyone here from Cape Breton? Specifically close to Sydney?

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
haha its funny how the ppl who set up the VCR's are all pissed cause they weren't set up right... if anybody else is interested in Guitar Hero speak up, maybe we could have some kind of event. I can make the next smash tourney, as long its on one of my days off. Also for anybody close to Port Hawkesbury or anywhere along the way to Halifax ill have room for a few others. Anybody else gonna use Mewtwo??

GoldenOrbs

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new here. Any Smash tourneys planned in halifax anytime soon? I have me and at least 3 other friends I know that would be willing to play, and we're all fairly good. Anyways, let me know.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I don't know if there are going to be any tournaments soon, I hope there will be.

Lol, sorry to burst your bubble Kev, but I'm not using him. He's too... something. Slow and lacking much power. MAV was good with him though, maybe he will.

I've never played GH3, or 1 or 2. Sounds fun though.

Here's some sweet Guitar Hero at work:
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/169074&page=9&query=node/169074&pagenumber=1
(if it comes up and askes to choose between canada and the u.s., choose canada, than reclick this link.)

Do-Ryu

Smash Rookie
I just found this site like 20 minutes ago and I know me and ma buddy would be more then willing to play in a tourny of sorts. We're better then most people around here. (but i'm not sure what that accounts to for the rest of the people in the world) but im pretty sure we could hold our own in a tournament, (if not i think it would be awsome to try) so are there any tournaments anytime soon, we're from antigonish like 2.5 hours from halifax and 45 minutes away from Port Hawkesbury.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Justin is having a tournament again, sometime in January. No specific date yet.

I'll update as soon as I get new info.

If anyone has FaceBook, everything seems to be happening on there.
Join "Super Smash Bros. Halifax", it's were everyone is talking(this place seems dead): http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341&ref=mf

Btw, you have to be in the halifax network to join some reason, just change yourself to it then change back once you've joined.

GoldenOrbs

Smash Rookie
No problem there, I'm in the Halifax network. Cool, stuff, they have a nice set up. I'm sure I can get my three friends to come as well, they're hard core smashers.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
heh, mewtwo is pretty good once your used to it. enuf power for me. anyways, there seems to be alot of new ppl showing up. so, it might be a good idea to organize everybody's name and location.

**++--ATTENTION ALL NEWCOMERS: SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR INFORMATION. AT THE VERY LEAST YOUR NAME,TAG, AND LOCATION. YOU CAN INCLUDE ANYTHING ELSE. --++**

i have a little webpage that lists every smasher. it would be a good idea to update, that way we know where our competition is. i know there's a few ppl close to me, port hawkesbury, so maybe we can all get together for some smash. so all those in favor of organizing this group say "I"..and send me a PM

oh yeah, facebook isnt all that "organized" and "happening", just 2-3 ppl spewing nonsense. but it would show a date and info for an upcoming tourney. just add the group and Justin sends out msg's when something is going to happen

EDIT: the site is in the signature. its been almost a year since i updated i think.. whoa i just looked at the page and its so old >.< everybody make a profile so i can update the site. you can make anything and ill add it to the site(file sizes ARE an issue)

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I guess I shouldn't have said it's where everyone's talking, it's not exactly overflowing with action, but it is a little more active than here.

So yeah, you'll get much less trash here, if you're not into that kind of thing.

When was the last time you updated that site?

Edit: also, where is the site? didn't you have a link to it?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
Any Halifax players in Nova Scotia? I'm coming down to Canada for about 1 1/2 weeks, maybe 2 weeks, not sure yet but I'm curious about the smashers over there...
its a pretty casual scene but if you just want some folks to hang out with and play a few games or whatever i'd be down for that. when are you comming up/down ?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
yes, plz join our facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341&ref=mf
(also apparently you have to have halifax in your network to join)
contact myself (malcolm) or alternatively come to our tourney on the 29th.

all details regarding the tourney will be found there.
date and location is set but we are still figuring out a few things so expect updates to follow.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
There's a smash tournament?! Hmm, I was only going to visit someone while I was down there but I'm highly interested in joining the tournament now, maybe I can give Halifax a sample of what Texas smash is all about. :p

Kresstoff

Smash Rookie
Yo was anyone here in Frag for cancer? i believe i remember someone with the tag lamb. nice fox by the way, i was digging the waveshines. count me in for now on that tournament in January. I'll send the info in but tfor all of you my names Chris, handles Sirius. chilling in Halifax always ready for a doob and game of smash with some fellow enthusiasts.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Yo was anyone here in Frag for cancer? i believe i remember someone with the tag lamb. nice fox by the way, i was digging the waveshines. count me in for now on that tournament in January. I'll send the info in but tfor all of you my names Chris, handles Sirius. chilling in Halifax always ready for a doob and game of smash with some fellow enthusiasts.
Chilling in dartmouth always ready to beat the noobs and their doobs.

Kresstoff

Smash Rookie
haha i fear no one, only ****ty internet connections. by the way i saw some of your videos, not bad i would love to throw down with some one of your clout, you going to the tournament on the 26th?

Top Bottom