• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not sure why you're laughin', bro. Now that I've turned to the dark side, you're doomed to ban KJ vs. me forever. Yeah, I didn't take a game, but that's because I didn't go Mario like in our CSP match. Next time I will take of the sandbags. Or I can just serve you in Roy dittos again.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Actually, no lie, after what you did, if he had gone Falco, I would have just gone Sheik against him. I mean, I still have a Sheik secondary for those rare occasions when Samus just isn't getting the job done (vs Sheik, Jiggs on some stages, and in this case, other chars on funky stages). :smash:

Vist

Smash Champion
Not sure why you're laughin', bro. Now that I've turned to the dark side, you're doomed to ban KJ vs. me forever. Yeah, I didn't take a game, but that's because I didn't go Mario like in our CSP match. Next time I will take of the sandbags. Or I can just serve you in Roy dittos again.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
"Conversations" are the stupidest part of new smashboards. "private messages" have gotten the job done for 30 years. They are self-explanatory and unambiguous. Then some schmuck comes along and decides to change the name for no reason to something confusing and, like Mahone says, implies that it's not even private. Just kill yourself, whoever invented the conversation. FOAD, you have no value.

Mahone, when you say you live "here" now, where is here?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Conversations are actually MUCH more superior to the old PM system because they can include more than two people. You could PM multiple people with the same message, but if someone replied with information relevant to the other people, you would have to forward that to everyone else manually. If I want to message people to organize a fest and I wanted one or more people other than the original recipient to know what was going on, I can just add people into the conversation and they immediately have access to all the posts. This is only possible if you invite new people to the conversation though because the default is to not allow new people. It essentially creates a private thread for whoever is given access to the conversation. Old PMs got cluttered really easily because after just 2-3 back and forths, you were both witnessing a block of quote-ception from all the previous messages. The Conversation Participants are listed to the right side of the conversation. It gives you the number of participants, number of replies, list of all the specific participants by name, and it even lets you know the last date and time each participant viewed the conversation.

Conversations FTW

Mahone

Smash Champion
"Conversations" are the stupidest part of new smashboards. "private messages" have gotten the job done for 30 years. They are self-explanatory and unambiguous. Then some schmuck comes along and decides to change the name for no reason to something confusing and, like Mahone says, implies that it's not even private. Just kill yourself, whoever invented the conversation. FOAD, you have no value.

Mahone, when you say you live "here" now, where is here?
i live in oakton

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

Vist

Smash Champion
lol I ended up being far more busy than I anticipated

but actually I canceled because I knew that Bones couldn't handle losing another CSP set so I wanted to give him some time to forget

kirbstir

Smash Lord
So I'm considering going to Evo, but I think I'd get embarrassed right now. Anybody want to smash?

Top Bottom