• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 8, 2014] Shuffle VI (Columbus, Ohio)

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
There is registration at the door. Atleast thats what they are telling the columbus peeps on facebook.

With the addition of Smash 3ds I cant stay away from the event.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Here are the rules and other tournament info are here for the Sm4sh 3DS event: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nWIODwrMDnNm8xxmGeIjCV1Zt_Ys57cNcmPnMTQtm4/edit?usp=sharing
It should be explicitly stated that Custom Equipment isn't allowed.

I also personally think custom moves should be legal, since (to my knowledge at least) there's none that are downright broken, and with the banning of yoshi super jump, I don't think custom moves should be a problem.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I think Custom Moves should be LEGAL. I've run quite a few tournaments with them and people seem to enjoy them. I think that players should state what customs they are using when they select their character though.

NO EQUIPMENT
NO MIIS

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Is there a schedule for this event? I need to know if brawl singles will be done on Saturday or whether there will be a carryover to Sunday.

King JDD

Smash Rookie
Do we know the general schedule for the events? I can't be there reliable enough to enter, but I would still like to know when things are happening so I know how to best use my time.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Will there be a list posted of who's entered into what event so we can make sure everything's right?

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
So if I'm understanding it correctly, Smash 3DS will be on Saturday from 12 to 5, and then on Sunday from 1 to 6 (or until it ends?) And then Project M doubles are Sunday from 12 to 6? And is there anyone willing to let us (2 people so far) bum some couches?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I've signed up for Brawl & P:M a long time ago, I'm gonna try out Smash 3DS, too. I'm gonna do triple work this time.

I have a friend named Aaron (Ace) that will likely want to join the 3DS tourney.

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
Quoted from OSU MELEE facebook page:
"Hey guys,
Wanted to let you know that Shuffle VI registration is still open and we will have registration at the door also. Reminder that this event is a qualifier for possible future MLG events. Around 150 people are already pre-registered!"

Anyone in the area have open housing for some PGH guys? I don't have a number yet, but I bet I could convince them to go!
I will most likely have a bit of space for a few people. Im not promising a 5 star suite or anything but i should havve a bit of openings now that i am planning on attending again.

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
also if i post that i am not bringing a setup and then i do show up with a set up can i still get that $5 discount?

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I'm confused, on the facebook page, it says Melee, Brawl, and PM
On the main post here, it says Melee, Brawl, and 3ds
and on the registration page, it says All 4.
Which one is the right one?

Dad?!?

Smash Rookie
If I preregisterred, do I still have to show up during the registration period tomorrow?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm confused, on the facebook page, it says Melee, Brawl, and PM
On the main post here, it says Melee, Brawl, and 3ds
and on the registration page, it says All 4.
Which one is the right one?
From what I understand, it's all four. PM is just a side event now, or something to that effect.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
We are allowing people to register at the door (thats why pools aren't posed yet, sorry :()
And we are running all 4 games!

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament and great venue. Besides a few minor slips it was very well organized, too. Thanks to ESI and everyone who put this all together. Can't wait for the results thread and vids. See you at Shuffle 7!

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Shuffle VI was a fun tournament! Thank you, T.O's, for running it and all the difficulties that came with that.

I got 13th in PM singles and 7th in PM doubles (Shoutouts to Papa!), so I thought I did pretty decent overall!

Good stuff to Carls and Meek for knocking me out of singles
and
Good stuff to Loe1 + Lain and Rizner + Village Mascot for knocking us out of doubles

Top Bottom