• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nov 22: Melee, Brawl, Brawl+ in Middle GA

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Josh, u lost at Play N Trade
omg dude I had no experience. I still don't really.

[*]When Brawl 1st came out me and Ernesto were about even, but then he like stopped playing after he won that midnight tourny thing at gamestop. I've tried to get him to come to a few of the other tournys that you hosted before, but I think he said that he had been letting someone else borrow his wii. So I dunno if he has actually quit, but I know that he isn't very active.
lololol that tourny was so BS, 1 minute matches with the wiimote and I got KO'd by the dragoon.
Kyd even had to deal with a random character select rule XD

Try to convince Ernesto to come to this one. I'd do it but I lost his number a while back.

Btw, if you have another smashfest at your place just tell me the date/time and location, I should be there. Kyd also might be interested (but he lives in Kathleen lmao)

Josh, Dude, did u loose to Jubril?!? The loud dude from Macon.
Yeah -.- I knocked him to the losers bracket but I don't know what happened after that. The only thing on my mind those last matches was how hard it is punish Metaknight.

No johns tho

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So wait? Is there going to be melee at this? Cause if not, ima just drag my *** *** over to nerdacon and bum around there.

1. BTW, what is the difference in Brawl and Brawl+?.
Brawl+ is ****in ballin, that's what. Wavedashing, S-Canceling (l-canceling), no tripping, MAA****ING HITSTUN.

and ya know how you punish metaknight? You turn that ****in game off and pop in Kirby Super Star.

Done.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ is ****in ballin, that's what. Wavedashing, S-Canceling (l-canceling), no tripping, MAA****ING HITSTUN.

and ya know how you punish metaknight? You turn that ****in game off and pop in Kirby Super Star.

Done.
lolz.
Brawl+ is Brawl is Melee-like mechanics more or less, but gravity and hitstun still need to improve a lot.

So wait? Is there going to be melee at this? Cause if not, ima just drag my *** *** over to nerdacon and bum around there.
Yes Melee is there.
If u show up though, u would probably stomp everyone since we have almost nobody going to play Melee this time (u should've come last time when people were actually there for it).

BTW, what is the difference in Brawl and Brawl+?
Brawl+ isn't completely horrible.

Yeah i got Ike by random.... first opponent...
any guesses?
Metaknight
FAIL.
Almost all the advanced and semi advanced Smash players lost the first round because of that BS, some dude got MK and won the whole thing.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
update.
Independent PKMN code will be used for Brawl+.
This means choosing the Pkmn trainer normally will produce normal results, but selecting a starter pkmn will stick u with that pkmn the entire match without fatigue.

Trade off is to use all 3, the first is random and they all suffer from fatigue like normal

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here most likely for melee. I'm coming home from statesboro saturday and I'll be passing through macon anyway. Come to this people so I can win some money (hopefully)

MORE MELEE PEOPLE PLEASE

S0FT

Smash Ace
ME and full metal might show up again, depends on if he has plans....
Josh we need to play melee again.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I'll be here most likely for melee. I'm coming home from statesboro saturday and I'll be passing through macon anyway. Come to this people so I can win some money (hopefully)

MORE MELEE PEOPLE PLEASE
Oh **** you, I may have to use up my emergency sick day now and pray that my car doesn't finally break down on me. -_-

edit:I may come regardless if I can get off or not, it depends on if I can get the others from my crew to come along with me at such short notice. I need at least one to come along since I will more than likely be sleep depraved from work >.>.

SBrown

Smash Rookie
omg dude I had no experience. I still don't really.
No experiance @ Brawl? Yeah right. I thought that Jabril Sucked?

lololol that tourny was so BS, 1 minute matches with the wiimote and I got KO'd by the dragoon.

Try to convince Ernesto to come to this one. I'd do it but I lost his number a while back.
Yeah, that tourny was BS lol. I was in the same one as Kyd. But the time I played Ernesto was after that tourny. When he'd come over to my house alot. It was like him, Cory, and their crew. Were were all pretty much even. But I think that ever since he won the local tourny at GameStop, he's been pretty much retired. (I guess he went out on a good note). But I'll do my best to convince him to go to this tourny. I'll text message on his cell & message him on the PS3. lol.

Btw, if you have another smashfest at your place just tell me the date/time and location, I should be there. Kyd also might be interested (but he lives in Kathleen lmao)
U got it. I would have had 1 already, but I work at Circuit City. And since they are closing, we get lots of business, so I've been like working open to close every day. lol. But Maybe I'll do when I get time off for the holidays.

BTW When did u move Kyd? & Does that mean no more NHS tournys?

Ok so is that achieved by like using the modified brawl backup ISO w/ the homebrew channel or something?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Jubril plays MK..... thats why he beat Josh. He tried using his secondary against Josh once and Josh stomped him hard, then he just went back to MK and Josh walked away (no joke, he almost slammed his controller).

I still go to Northside, they don't know where I live and if they found out they can't prove it because my legal address is still in their zone.

I just hosted a tourney for NHS 2 weeks ago, and theres another one December 13th (news to Josh).

If there's a smashfest just let me know Ill get into town.

iLost

SBrown

Smash Rookie
Jubril plays MK..... thats why he beat Josh. He tried using his secondary against Josh once and Josh stomped him hard, then he just went back to MK and Josh walked away (no joke, he almost slammed his controller).

I still go to Northside, they don't know where I live and if they found out they can't prove it because my legal address is still in their zone.

I just hosted a tourney for NHS 2 weeks ago, and theres another one December 13th (news to Josh).

If there's a smashfest just let me know Ill get into town.

iLost
OK, I never played his MK. Thanks 4 the info. BTW, I'm doing everything I can to get off of work this saturday to make it to the tourny (but these are the same ppl who wouldn't even give me my B-Day off). And yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and start makin arangments for another smashfest at my house. I (well my parents lol) have a huge den and a decent 42'' to play it on. So plenty of ppl can come.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Max1mum Spyder (6:35:22 PM): Nerdacon is this weekend
jx31234 (6:35:37 PM): I know >.>
jx31234 (6:35:45 PM): Hard choice
jx31234 (6:36:12 PM): Nerda con or beating Carter's *** >.>

OH **** CARTER. THAT MAN IS CALLIN YOU OUT.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Max1mum Spyder (6:35:22 PM): Nerdacon is this weekend
jx31234 (6:35:37 PM): I know >.>
jx31234 (6:35:45 PM): Hard choice
jx31234 (6:36:12 PM): Nerda con or beating Carter's *** >.>

OH **** CARTER. THAT MAN IS CALLIN YOU OUT.

........>_>.....<_<..............Oh shi-

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmm

I'm very tempted to play you again, Carter.
I'm still debating on whether or not this is even worth it to go to. How many Melee people were at the last one? Were there a lot of players that aren't on smashboards?

Also, if anyone else is going, can you possibly bring an extra controller? I don't have one down here at georgia southern and I'm gonna need one at the tournament.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm still debating on whether or not this is even worth it to go to. How many Melee people were at the last one? Were there a lot of players that aren't on smashboards?

Also, if anyone else is going, can you possibly bring an extra controller? I don't have one down here at georgia southern and I'm gonna need one at the tournament.
Well, TBH my experience with this line of tournaments is that the turnout doesn't exceed 10 or so people, and the payout isn't great either- lol

(By no fault of the tournament host, mind you)

Just... all the "new" players in that area would rather play brawl than "risk it" in melee.

I'd love to see their Melee scene improve and support them by attending- but I'm pretty sure the 1st place winnings may not exceed 30$.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
sadly this is true. Melee never has a good turnout here because brawl is new and easier to play.

The slight chance of any locals entering Melee was dropped thanx to Soft and FM last tourney, because when the locals wathed them play they already knew they had no chance so I doubt they will spend money to lose it that fast.

I have thought of not hosting Melee anymore due to the Brawl scene but I figure Im giving Melee a leap of faith by hosting it. But yeah like FM said, don't expect a lot of money from it because people typically don't show for it.

Also, Melee fans looking towards Brawl+ but haven't played it, It's better than Brawl but it is by no means a new Melee. The speed, gravity, and ledges that practically grab you make the game horrible, along with chars like Zelda who juggle you in the air with projectile spam and the single air dodge system cripples you for it. I want people to try it out though because it still is better than playing Brawl...

Jx31

Smash Ace

I'll bring my two back up controllers if you plan on coming.

Oh, one of my crew members plans to come along.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, TBH my experience with this line of tournaments is that the turnout doesn't exceed 10 or so people, and the payout isn't great either- lol

(By no fault of the tournament host, mind you)

Just... all the "new" players in that area would rather play brawl than "risk it" in melee.

I'd love to see their Melee scene improve and support them by attending- but I'm pretty sure the 1st place winnings may not exceed 30$.
hmm..

sounds like i need to go up in that ***** mortar sliding like a maa****er on saturday.

Actually, sounds like i need to con Slow-Reaction and Hobbes into coming so people cant make that same john about brawl (That's Reflex and Kismet2, mind you)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
wow.... is it just a smashboards thing to plan it the week of?

Funny how things turn out sometimes, I might host Brawl first for all the Melee players who like last minute to late showups lolz. Try your best to be there by 11 (thats noon Smash player's time).

Also, I might have a Brawl+ station open for those who want to try it out before the tourney (this may make or break the tourney though)

Also update, I'm probably gonna switch the L Cancel to S Cancel, because the L Cancel timing is very tricky (i've activated L Cancel by shielding shortly after executing the move, long before reaching the ground, then other times it wouldn't work its very odd.) Both are flawed at the moment but S Cancel seems to make things more even (due to the fact that chars like MK don't need it and therefor require no tech skill even with L Cancel on).

HiIH

Smash Lord
Update: <.<;; we may actually bring a BUNCH of effin people. Maybe. They'll all probably back out, but... >.>

Anyway, so far I'm in for Melee.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, how would I go about trying to get more people to show up in the future?

Do I need some extravagant name or something?

A bigger venue would help but i can't do that at the moment lolz.....

Anywho, look forward to seeing y'all tomorrow.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Man, I can't wait for this, I better see Carter,Fullmetal and Soft at this thing.

edit:And it looks like a bunch of people ARE coming for melee from Albany o_O

Top Bottom