• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notes from Peru (AKA lotsa random ****)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Intro: I´ve been in Peru for 16 days and been on a lot of bus tours so basically the following post comprises all the random **** that I´ve thought of while here. I started thinking a lot about efficiency after Genesis, when I made the simple observation while talking to Warp and Faded that DA utilt is a better followup after dsmashx2 than fair is, so a lot of this post focuses on efficiency and getting the most out of each situation.

First dash attack to utilt is our best punishment, outside of any of our locks and CGs. 18 damage fresh, and it uses two non kill moves so you don´t have to worry about decaying them, and it puts the opponent in our favorite position (inuendo?)

Where is this useful? Well anywhere we have guaranteed dash attacks. (here´s where this will get a little unorganized):

-On MK, Pika, and Lucas, anytime you get a grab you should do pummel CG and end it with a DA utilt. The exception being, if they are in dash lock range, you should dash lock them out of the air release and finish at the end of the stage with utilt. It´s about efficiency, and getting the max damage out of each situation.

-If you get a dsmash on one of the above characters, the best option is to grab, CG, finish with da utilt

-neutral b DA utilt is 21 or 22 damage fresh. I don´t care what you think about neutral b, if you think about it as 21 damage every time you land it, wouldn´t you use it?

-if you have someone behind you, you might do ftilt or dtilt. If you could land one of these, you could have landed an 18 damage DA utilt.

-against Ness, grab release dash lock/DA utilt. Against lucas, Air release CG until the end, DA utilt

Random ****:
Anytime you grab a character that cannot shield our third jab, pummel and finish the jab combo to refresh moves and do more damage than a throw would. I plan on testing which characters can´t powershield our jab3 since no one seems to know.

Also, random thought: combat walking doesn´t work. If our 3rd jab doesn´t combo our of jab2, why would combat walking work, right? well it may just work on characters who can´t PS our jab3. Something else i plan to test.

We have a 90ish% combo on Falco, Shiek, and Wolf if you combine dsmash chain and reverse dash lock the opposite way, finishing with utilt. Not easy to land on any of these characters, but come up with some mindgames to land that **** early, I know I have been doing just that. (Ex: Downward glidetoss>shield falco reflector>dsmash during laggy retraction)

Against some heavies, we have huge comboes involving mixes of nair, dsmash, which can lead into dash locks.

Something to test (i doubt this works): on characters we can air release CG: if we grab them out of falling animation (for ex if MK nados too high) can we release them without doing any damage, and have them fall off the side, helpless? If this works, catching an MK out of nado or drill falling, Pika out of a messed up Upb, squirtle out of up b falling, would be an auto kill.

Against Diddy: With nanner in hand, SH zdrop nair (grab bannana) forward glidetoss dsmash is an amazing combo, works at higher percents than nair>dsmash normally would because nanner allows for more comboing, and glidetossing closes the distance gap.

Basically I don´t think we´ve taken enough advantage of zdrop nair glide toss with our suit pieces or any items that other characters have.

Fthrow chain>bthrow pivot dsmash is a **** mindgame

So there you have my stinking pile of **** notes, I´m putting it out there because I´d love help testing stuff, and because I feel we as a community need to work on punishing harder.

sasook

Smash Champion
Something to test (i doubt this works): on characters we can air release CG: if we grab them out of falling animation (for ex if MK nados too high) can we release them without doing any damage, and have them fall off the side, helpless? If this works, catching an MK out of nado or drill falling, Pika out of a messed up Upb, squirtle out of up b falling, would be an auto kill.
Nah, grabbing a freefalling person would eliminate their helpless animation, allowing them to use their upb again and such.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Nah, grabbing a freefalling person would eliminate their helpless animation, allowing them to use their upb again and such.
I figured we probably wouldn´t have something so broken, but too bad.

It doesn´t change the fact that air release CG is worth it though. Assuming one pummel across FD, it´s like 10 damage from pummels then finish with 18 from DA utilt, and set up for aerial chases, too good.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he's thinking along the lines of they are trying to spotdodge so they will DI downward. Might make them hit the ground or airdodge straight into the ground or something.

Top Bottom